Champs Bistro at Rock Barn Golf & Spa
3791 Clubhouse Drive
Conover, NC 28613Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Champs Bistro at Rock Barn Golf & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rockbarn.com/
- Phone: 8284591125x301
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chad Gabrielson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for small and large gatherings. We accommodate everything from an intimate dinner for two to a private events of 300. Our Maple Room, Oak Room and both Ballrooms are equipped with state of the art audio & visual technologies, and a new meeting space that is perfect for group breakfasts or casual luncheons.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Ellen McKay 8284591125x317
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in Rocker’s Lounge most Friday nights, 7:00-10:00 pm, featuring a variety of local and regional talent.
A word from Champs Bistro at Rock Barn Golf & Spa
Newly renovated in 2012, Champs Bistro is our fine dining restaurant located in the main clubhouse. Champ’s Bistro serves Contemporary American cuisine featuring Buckhead Beef, USDA Prime Steaks; all Natural free-range Chicken, and Buckhead Seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Champs Bistro at Rock Barn Golf & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delicious brunchPamcakes82VIPDined on 7/6/2014We went here for Sunday brunch. We were seated in the banquet room which looked oversized for the number of tables that were there. We were ushered through a beautiful dining room to get to the less impressive banquet room. Food was excellent with so-so service. We would recommend but it was disappointing to be seated in a banquet room after walking through a gorgeous dining room.Special Features:
- Family fun placeKandDDined on 6/27/2014We booked dinner just before the outdoor entertainment started (band "Doesn't Madder"). We elected to dine indoors but there were plenty of folks dining outside. Awesome buffet! When the band started, there were lots of people, some danced, some sang along. Lots of kids running around, enjoying the evening. It was very festive and family-oriented. We plan to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Champs Bistro at Rock Barn Golf & Spa reviews archive.
- beautifu; sceneryFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014On a golf course this place was great. We met chef Chad who prepared food as good as we have had in NYC.Special Features:
- Lovely evening at The RockMeanMuseDined on 1/16/2014Rock Barn Golf & Spa is a hidden gem in Catawba County! Champs Bistro surpassed our expectations for great food & elegant atmosphere. The prices are reasonable & it's SO much nicer than fighting the crowds at Olive Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationBillDined on 12/8/2013We always enjoy great food and a friendly atmosphere. A neighborhood gem without all the hustle and bustle of going to Charlotte but you still have everything and more that those other restaurants seem to offer. We love it and would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hot and Cold Thanksgiving Buffetapirateslife4meDined on 11/28/2013The buffet was on the patio in an enclosed tent with patio heaters, giving more room for the buffet. The patio is laid brick, not a friendly terrain for elderly or those carrying plates of food. It was a long way to the main buffet tables and carving station for elderly individuals accompanying their families on Thanksgiving . As the doors to the patio were in a constant state of opening and closing; those seated nearby were bombarded by a chilly breeze. This made dining a bit unpleasant without a jacket. The carving station and hot foods were good; but nothing extra special. Being stacked outside; the dinner plates were "cold"; not cool. Croissants on the carving table looked tasty but were as cold as the plates. Overall Okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ThanksgivingDeaconDined on 11/28/2013Was there for Thanksgiving buffet...always a wonderful experience. It is great to have so many more options to choose from than we would bother to cook at home!Special Features:
- dinner friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013We are from Hickory, NC but seem to always forget about the restaurant at Rock barn being that it is located several miles east of Hickory but it should be on our short list of very good restaurants in the area. Wine selection was limited but excellent quality and well priced. Food was again excellent, cooked to perfection, portions generous. Service very attentive. If I could make one suggestion it would be that the menu offer one or two exotic entrees'. Local bison is very good, ostrich is available as well as Wahoo from the coast. Thanks to all for the great meal and we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Very nice experience. Food was outstanding. A very nice change from another restaurant we ate in the night before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FindBillDined on 9/1/2013This is a wonderful restaurant to enjoy entertaining out of town guests or just an afternoon/evening night out. The food was delicious and the service was great. The only thing I was disappointed is that I would have thought since this is a Golf Course/Restaurant/Bar/Spa that they would have been able to serve alcoholic beverages before the one o'clock hour. We were almost finished our first course when we were able to have the "Champagne" that was advertised in the "Champagne Brunch". The establishment is now open to the public which probably is the reason for the time. Had I known that I would have made our reservations for a later time. This is not to take away from the wonderful food and great experience this brunch will provide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereFSMBDined on 7/20/2013Everything was perfect! The chef stopped by to talk with us and the server was informative and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met expectations...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2013We saw the reviews and could not wait to try. I have to say, it lived up to the hype. We were early for our reservation but was no problem. They had just changed the menu, a few additions/deletions from what was online. Our primary server, Jimmie, was very attentive and always around when we needed him. The warm bread and honey butter brought out first was very good. As was the second serving, but we stopped there. We both had the caesar which was fresh and very tasty. I ordered the filet which came out perfect. My wife couldn't decide as everything looked good, so she asked our server to surprise her. He only asked if she had any allergies. She ended up getting the salmon with crab dish which was excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!diningoutDined on 5/30/2013The food was wonderful and our guests were greatly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Mother's Day brunch was our first experience with Champs Bistro. We were impressed with all of the food selection, how wonderful everything tasted, the great service we received. The price was great for such a large selection -- everything you could want from breakfast to lunch to desserts. Our glass was never more than half empty and the staff was so friendly. We will definitely be back for another buffet and possibly a dinner event. This was the BEST buffet we have been to, great bargain and such an easy drive from the Charlotte area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent asDrewal12Dined on 5/4/2013The food was excellent as well as the service. My wife and I are new to the area and consider this a great find. We will highly recommend this restaurant to all our friends and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Had a very enjoyable evening especially being able to talk to the chefSpecial Features:
- I brought some out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013I brought some out of town colleagues and we had a great all-around day We played golf, used the spa, and had a great dinner. Great steaks and fresh fish choices. Service was seamless. Overall fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Wonderful experience with attentive service. Food was delicious and tastefully presented.Special Features:
- Great find!OnvacationVIPDined on 3/20/2013Beautiful space and mouth watering steak! Great find!Special Features: