Champps Americana - Brookfield
1240 S. Moorland Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Champps Americana - Brookfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.champps-wi.com/
- Phone: 262-797-6600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Us Be Your Personal Chef. Milwaukee's premier family dining restaurant is on the go to bring the same great food and service from our doorstep to yours. From office parties to tailgate parties, luncheons and family gatherings, weddings and class reunions... we offer a wide variety of menus and planning services to ensure that your event will be one to remember. Full-service options or drop off delivery. It's our way of making your life simple.
- Private Party Facilities: Champps Americana has private party room to accommodate your needs. We offer an extensive menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Hors D' Oeuvres. For rehearsal dinners, wedding showers, gift openings, holiday and birthday celebrations. From fun to formal, let our staff take care of all the details. Seating Capacity is 20-60 with Cocktail Party style available for up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Fay Tienor 262-797-6600
- Entertainment: State of the art entertainment system provided via the best entertaining DJ's in the area provide the backdrop to all of the sports entertainment that you can handle on over thirty flat screen plasma TV's throughout the restaurant.
A word from Champps Americana - Brookfield
Luxury box service. 50-yard line feel. Whether it's a game day, late night or big party with all of your friends and family, Champps is the place to get in the game. Every day, our Chef's provide huge portions of delicious food from scratch. Hand crafted burgers, slow-basted ribs that fall off the bone and expertly prepared steaks that give the best steakhouses a run for their money. With big-screen plasma TV's throughout the building, state of the are DJ controlled sound, and great events every week you will never miss a play or a reason to stay at Champps!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Champps Americana - Brookfield reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Not overwhelming...madmomma66Dined on 8/15/2014We had a reservation for a Friday evening. It wasn't super busy but there was definitely a lot of buzz, with several birthdays happening at the same time. Our waiter was friendly and informative, but they have just about no vegetarian options, so I wouldn't choose this restaurant again. The rest of my party, though, had no trouble finding something to eat. It took over half an hour to get our food, although the restaurant wasn't packed. When we asked about it, the hostess explained that sometimes pasta dishes can take longer because they only have a small area for preparing pasta. She offered us a free dessert to make up for our long wait. All in all, it was "fine" but I wouldn't go here again.Special Features:
- Great fast lunch1AuntiejDined on 8/4/2014We arrived and were seated right away. I had the Havana sandwich. Liked it alot. They use to make a special sauce and not they use a thousand island dressing instead. Making sandwich not as good as originally made. The service was awesome. Everyone was working together to service the customer. I even made it to work on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great with special orders1AuntiejDined on 7/2/2014The food was great. We even have a lot of special orders . They have no problem making things the way we want them even though they are not on the menu. It's almost like having my own chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy DaysalcokaVIPDined on 6/7/2014We went for my son's 15th birthday on a crazy busy Saturday late afternoon. Disappointed they did nothing to recognize him or the celebration we chose to have at their establishment. We were seated next to a table of about 20 8-9 year old boys from a soccer team. Their parents were eating and drinking at their own table. While I can understand team outings, these kids were running around like crazy, bumping our tables, bumping our chairs, cutting in front of wait staff carrying trays, etc. Got to be a bit annoying. Sad that no parent addressed the issues as were not the only table who was having to deal with the chaos. Service was decent. Food was upscale bar food==burgers, salads, pastas.Special Features:
- Mahi Mahi!heavenlyDined on 5/24/2014Had the Mahi Mahi and Spinach Pasta Salad (grilled mahi mahi topped w/ bruschetta tomatoes & mozzarella cheese. the penne salad had spinach, cilantro vinaigrette, capers, roasted red peppers, feta, & roasted tomatoes) beautifully presented. The fish was cooked just right, and the pasta salad was light and refreshing. It was actually better than when I ate Mahi Mahi at a beach side restaurant in Hawaii.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Champps Americana - Brookfield reviews archive.
- sports spot1AuntiejDined on 5/14/2014Great place to watch a game and enjoy good food. Service is grea and fastt. Noise level is too great for meaningful conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average mealeatoutmoreDined on 4/11/2014We had not tried in a couple of years. Food was average as expected for bar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although I am not in needmm505Dined on 3/8/2014Although I am not in need of it personally ~ it is great that they have a Gluten Free menu. However the person I was with did need it & we both used it! The salmon was so very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good to have a reservationmssnappyDined on 1/18/2014Came here for dinner last minute, but was able to get a reservation 45 minutes before arriving. It was crazy packed when we got there, due to the basketball games and football games going on. I was impressed that they now have a gluten free menu! Was not impressed by the service. It was a little slow, and the waitress seemed like she was in such a hurry that she didn't bother to listen to some of my order, as shown when the bill came. Either that, or she tried charging more than she should have. Regardless, it was fixed right away. Would definitely come back, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place for lunchCoriVIPDined on 1/6/2014Champps is one of my favorite places to meet friends for lunch. The bartender, Heather, is always full of energy, super attentive, and cheerful. They just recently changed their menu to one that includes more "made from scratch" ingredients, as well as some new items. I always get the french onion soup- it is one of my favorites. The salads are huge and fresh, and they offer lunch sized portions. Lots of different items to choose from, and their beer selection is just as big and varied. I would come here to watch a game, or for a casual lunch anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after xmas family get togetherstavemikDined on 12/26/2013We had a great Champs dining experience on the day after Christmas while out of town family was still in town. The service was excellent, the food was good and the whole dining experiance was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a party of 6 and thankShorewood1978Dined on 11/3/2013We had a party of 6 and thank goodness we had reservations. Very busy! Our service was a bit slow and other tables got their food before us, not sure it if was because of our party size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sports barglobetrotterVIPDined on 10/28/2013Jambalaya was great. Beer selection is pretty good. Attentive staff. Very consistent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and sports viewingchrisDined on 10/12/2013this place does a good job of balancing food , service , and sports bar...at a decent priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewsallyDined on 10/11/2013I ordered onion straws in place of french fries. They were soooo salty that I could not eat them. The waitress substituted onion rings which were mediocre. She said that the onions were made fresh and the batter must have been too salted. I was disappointed in the food, but the waitress,jean, was very good. It is a very noisy sports bar. I probably will not go there again.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2013Loud- I can't believe the workers don't have hearing loss. Food was terrible. Greasy burgers. Pot stickers as hard as rocks. If you want to drink beer, eat bad food and watch football in a loud crowded environment this is your place-but even then bring hearing protection.
- Food and atmosphere were great,vrpearl13Dined on 9/5/2013Food and atmosphere were great, especially for a game night. The french dip sandwich was incredible, and all the TVs were great for the start of the nfl season. Our server was a little slow with service and forgot to ring up and bring the last round of beer, but it was a busy night so we didn't hold it against her. All in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good dining experienceVickik4Dined on 8/30/2013We go to Champps quite regularly and the food & service are always very good. Love that you can make reservations on Open Table. The only thing we don't like is the noise level - it is sooooo loud.Special Features:
- Pretty Good!heavenlyDined on 7/20/2013I made reservations, and we were promptly seated. The waitress made a good recommendation, and I took her advice. We ordered 2 mugs of Angry Orchard. Upon closer inspection, there was a piece of food stuck to the rim of my bf's mug. We notified a waitress of the situation, and it was promptly handled with no problems. My bf ordered the Firehouse Burger (description: This burger is piled high with red and yellow bell peppers, green chiles, poblano peppers, onions, chipotle TABASCO®, cajun seasoning and pepperjack cheese then topped with fresh sliced jalapeño peppers), which isn't accurate. The picture shown in the menu actually shows the red and yellow peppers, etc, but this is actually put into a blender, minus the sliced jalapeno peppers.Special Features:
- Champps - a classicBDMAtlantaLandAreaVIPDined on 5/27/2013My family and I were in the Milwaukee area for a baseball game and were wanting a spot to eat that was not too far from the ball park and was on the way home to IL. So I whipped out my I-Phone and checked the area with the opentable program. Champps came up as a well rated and not too expensive place to eat. So we put the address into the navigation system and found our way to the eatery. We almost didn't make it because the address was off the beaten path a bit and signs were blocked by trees and greenery. Anyway we made it in and as my family and I walked into the restaurant we were greeted very kindly by the hostess folks. We were about an hour early for our 6:45 reservation and the gals were 1. happy to see us and 2. cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud bad musicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013Mediocre food, relatively expensive . Noise level very high !Special Features:
- Service was great. I was aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Service was great. I was a little disappointed with my food. I ordered the Juicy Lucy, but it was if all the cheese in the middle disappeared. It was more like a burger with no cheese. Drink specials were great & I liked that we could watch the Brewers game while dining. I would come back, but would try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- Food and Service were excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Food and Service were excellent walked in and were seated right away. The only down grade i would give is that the noise level from the PA system was very loud and was hard to talk to the people at our table with out screaming, my voice was hoarse after leaving.Special Features:
- yuupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013everything was excellent...the food, the service and atmosphere were all top notch. we were seated right when we walked in the door. i got my way because i got to watch the badgers bball game while eating a baja bacon burger and drinking spotted cow all at the same time im taking my gf out for valentines day dinner :P winning
- First and foremost a bar thatdinerVIPDined on 1/7/2013First and foremost a bar that happens to have food service - very high noise level - they really need to rip out the "DJ booth" that allows someone to talk at the patrons far too loudly. My wife and I went there to have dinner and catch the BCS champoinship game in background while we ate, so we expected a certain "energy" level - but we really found the guy in the booth that shouted out advertising and other nonsense during the breaks in the game to be a bit obnoxious. Food was pretty good (great portabella mushroom appetizer), and our server was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- The Champps experience isMKEpatronVIPDined on 11/29/2012The Champps experience is not my preference for dining out -- so I'll pass on sharing comments.
- The server kind of forgotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012The server kind of forgot about us. We waited 25 minutes just to put in our order. Then it took quite a while to get our food. We also had to wait quite a while to get our bill.Special Features:
- Extensive menu with good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012Extensive menu with good food. Service was average at best. Music was very loud.Special Features:
- Great sports bar! Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Great sports bar! Good food with a huge menu to choose from and a ton of TV's with all of the day's games on!Special Features:
- Adults having a quick mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Adults having a quick meal before a conference in the neighborhood, we found the food to be of great quality and variety, the service excellent. Our server went out of his way to be helpful and to offer suggestions. Each of us had one of the wraps--Santa Fe, ahi tuna, and California, along with a side order of the soup (corn chowder). Could easily have taken a meal of just the chowder because it was fabulous! If we had been there for the Kids Day events that day, or for sports events at other times, we would have graded the ambiance a bit higher since the establishment was set up very nicely for those activities. We would not hesitate to return!
- Standard sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/19/2012Always good for a quick meal when staying at one of the nearby motels. Standard sports bar menu and decor. Only issue was my vegetarian daughter ordered an appetizer which has bacon and told the waitress to hold the bacon. It came with bacon and had to be sent back delaying everything.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012We went to Champps to get a bite to eat, have some beverages and watch the UFC fight. To my knowledge, they are one of the few establishments to show the fights. The table was ready and waiting when we arrived. Normally we have an appetizer and meals, but this night we just had an appetizer and beverages. The nachos were good (nothing spectacular). It is a chain restaurant, so it is what it is, but the 3 or 4 times that we have been there, we always have good service and the food is good. Again, nothing gourmet, but it is good.
- Getting an online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Getting an online reservation totally made the trip worthwhile! Awesome bold flavors on the menu. French onion soup was delish!Special Features:
- Our party always enjoys comingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2012Our party always enjoys coming to Chammps. That's why come football season especially we will be back!Special Features:
- Good sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/7/2012Fairly typical sports bar. Good food, friendly service, many large TVs. The menu is a little beyond bar food with several fairly good entrees. The staples are the sandwiches but the entrees are both sizable and good quality. We enjoyed it even though we were not wanting to watch a particular sports event.
- UFC events at Champps areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012UFC events at Champps are by far better than any other restaurant or bar that hosts UFC events. Glad Brookfield Champps brought them back. One suggestion would be to make the fight audio louder up in the dining area.Special Features:
- great service and food duringmikeDined on 1/15/2012great service and food during a hectic playoff gameSpecial Features:
- Great Beer List Lots of flatpolmerVIPDined on 1/7/2012Great Beer List Lots of flat screen TVs Good food FriendlySpecial Features:
- The restaurant is a nice sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011The restaurant is a nice sports bar, but the food was terrible. I had the seaside shrimp and pasta, which tasted very bland. I've had frozen dinners that tasted better. My date had the shrimp and steak, which was over cooked. We were seated in the bar area, which was open with our reservation. There was a large gathering going on in the bar area, which can be expected, but it felt like we were eating dinner in someone's party. Great selection of beers, good service, and a great place to watch a game.Special Features:
- We had a nice dinner as aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011We had a nice dinner as a family of 3. It was busy and our waitress hussled and tried to provide good service.Special Features: