350 West Maryland Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.indymarriott.com/dining/champions.php
- Phone: 3178223500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael Vlasich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Katie Ferreia 3174056083
A word from Champions Indianapolis
Champions Sports Bar & Grill is the hottest destination in downtown Indianapolis for catching the game and enjoying delicious bar fare. Boasting 25 HDTVs, with two of these projecting on jumbo screens, our lively, yet casual sports bar in Indianapolis is the perfect destination to gather with friends or co-workers and cheer on your favorite team. Champions is also a great place to host events, including game-watching parties, alumni functions or even a high-energy company happy hour. Delectable menu items include zesty quesadillas, a towering nacho platter, refreshing salads and sandwiches, mouthwatering burgers, pastas, chicken dishes and more. Appease your sweet tooth with a brownie and ice cream sundae or our signature dessert, the Chocolate Nachos—crisp flour tortillas tossed in cinnamon and sugar, topped with chopped Baby Ruth candy bars, marshmallows and vanilla ice cream. Indulge in an impressive bar menu of draft and bottled beer, wine and signature cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Champions Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Friday noonslp2014Dined on 10/10/2014Our group of 5 loved our food and convenience to Convention Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food portion...LastminuteDined on 10/1/2014I love the oppt to make a last minute reservation on Open Table, it was quick and when we arrived the greeter knew who we were which was pretty cool. We were very disappointed to pay $5 bucks for a fruit salad hat only contained 12 pieces (yes we counted). Plus the server kept checking on us every 3 minutes, it was a bit annoying, but he was a good serve, and yes we tipped him; but he should time his table better...every three minutes is overwhelming.Special Features:
- Could have been better.IrvingtonguyDined on 8/23/2014It was a Sunday and we ate before the Colts game. Had to ask for Devour Downtown menu, we were only given the standard menu. Other tables around us said they wished they had known about the Devour Downtown menu. We did order off the menu. I had the Cajun Chicken pasta, It was tasty although there was not one piece of chicken in the pasta. Another had the steak sandwich and it was cooked perfectly. Nice vibe to the place with mostly everyone going to the game. Server was great and did a good job of getting people in and out.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Champions Indianapolis reviews archive.
- No lunch reservations?VisitingConferenceDined on 6/23/2014Went there for lunch. I had made a reservation for lunch through Open Table. When we arrived, we were told that there would be a 10 minute wait. I said that we had reservations to which the hostess replied - "we don't take reservations when we are busy" needless to say, they seated us right away and the server was attentive and friendly. The experience started out oddly but ended fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walked out before we got entreesJcaseDined on 5/25/2014We went to this "sports bar" to watch the LIVE, PLAYOFF basketball game and the staff refused to put the game on the TV that our table of 7 could see in order to replay the Indy race that happened earlier in the afternoon. We were the first table seated in the area and requested it as soon as we sat down. There's really no excuse to show a replay of an earlier event rather than a live, playoff event in a sports bar.
- Great for groupsDrKeshaDined on 4/1/2014If you are in Indianapolis for business this restaurant is good for group dining. They have large high tops in the bar as well as ample seating in the dining room. It's conveniently located near the hotels and is actually inside the Marriott.Special Features:
- American Fare Inside HotelGlenVIPDined on 2/22/2014We made reservations not knowing that it was located inside the Marriott. While initially disappointed with its location (I go to hotels to sleep not eat), it was a good experience. Comfortable though predictable surroundings and ambiance. Food was quite good. Pricing fair. Server forgot to bring appetizer and didn't remember until he presented the bill. He apologized profusely and genuinely felt bad about it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sports bar and restaurantEncycsilverDined on 11/5/2013There is ample seating at Champions, with many places to watch the game. The seating is comfortable and the wait staff was attentive and kind. The food was excellent and this would be a great location for large groups.Special Features:
- Weekday LunchdinemoreDined on 9/9/2013I received very fast service and great food on our recent lunch visit to Champions in Indianapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great PriceBigbeefloverVIPDined on 8/25/2013We duned here during Devour Downtown, and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was great, we had a very good server by the name of Robin, and she was very attentive. I would recommend Champions and plan on dining there again soon.Special Features:
- Great location, good foodBulldog20Dined on 7/31/2013Located right downtown and within walking distance of the convention center, Victory Field, and the mall. Food was very good. It's a little pricier compared to similar places that are chains i.e. appetizers that are $7/8 other places are $10/11. However, we got out of there very full for $60 for 2 adults and 3 kids. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location Near Victory Fieldindygal20Dined on 6/8/2013Stopped by Champions before heading to Victory Field for the Indians game. Perfect location! Good food with great service! Made reservations this year after trying to eat here prior to an Indians game last year and unable to get a table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and our waiter wasJeffDined on 5/4/2013Good food and our waiter was very attentive, keeping our drinks topped off, etc. The music and surrounding conversations were so loud as to make if difficult for us to speak to one another from one end of our table of six to the other.Special Features:
- Atmosphere, service, and foodLynneDined on 12/15/2012Atmosphere, service, and food were just mediocre. I wouldn't return. There are way better places to go in Indianapolis.
- Great place for a pregame mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012The place was very loud, probably from all the energetic Badger and Husker fans there for the championship game. Luckily, we were able to get a table in a back room where we could actually hold a conversation without having to yell. The menu selection was nice, the food was okay, but I was hoping for a few more local beers than there ended up being available. Overall, it was a great place to head before a game, but I'm not sure I'd go there otherwise.Special Features:
- Average menu yet food is fabulous!EGFJVIPDined on 9/24/2012Average menu yet food is fabulous! Great salads, sandwiches, and appetizers. Fine service until we paid the bill and by then out waitress was super busySpecial Features:
- We visited before the ColtsScottDined on 9/16/2012We visited before the Colts game. We received a good seat, right in front of a large television. I was hosting customers this day, we had six people total in our group. Our waitress was attentive and kept things moving. Food was exactly what I would have expected - good sandwiches. This would be a good place for casual dining (sports bar type) before any game, a good place for a relaxing evening dinner. Not an upscale dining experience but that was not what I was looking for in this instance.Special Features:
- Overall the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Overall the experience was good. A good sports bar with lots of tv's for easy viewing. The food was just ok and a little pricey for what it was. Good service also.
- The food was just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012The food was just average at best. It is not a place I would frequent unless I was staying at the Marriott and then only for convenience. The menu was pretty limited.
- Overall a Pub Place with aBobCVIPDined on 5/17/2012Overall a Pub Place with a Loud Atmosphere and just basic food. The menu has gone unchanged for years.Special Features:
- Service was not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Service was not that great especially since the bar wasn't that busy. we often sat with empty glasses awaiting our server. food is standard bar food. nothing fancy or out of the ordinary. also server forgot to take off our discount, and when we couldn't find her again to pay, we had to get the manager.Special Features:
- Our waitress was superb.TTSBDined on 9/24/2011Our waitress was superb. The kitchen staff were very slow.Special Features:
- Was attending an IndianapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2011Was attending an Indianapolis Indianas game and stopped in for dinner before ball game. Service was excellent, got us in and out in time for the game and food was very good. Would recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Kind of a short menu, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2011Kind of a short menu, but what we ordered was good. Nice lowly lit atmosphere with TV's everywhere usually playing sports programs, and I don't think you can ask to change the channel here. Good service, and nice large comfortable booths with tables that are not bolted to the floor, (Just in case you are a big guy like me). I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Our group of 8 had a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011Our group of 8 had a nice roomie space for watching the Bulter Final 4 game. The staff was friendly & helpful. The food was great and there are tons of high def tvs for watching your favorite teams play. Not someplace id go to on a date, but as a sports bar, its fantastic!Special Features: