901 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lemeridienchambers.com/chambers-cafe
- Phone: 6127676960
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Offering a full catering menu for private events in any of our event spaces.
A word from Chambers Rooftop
Chambers Rooftop offers menu selections made fresh from scratch each day using only the highest quality ingredients. Our wide array of offerings includes steaks, fresh seafood, salads, pastas and local favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chambers Rooftop reviews from OpenTable diners
- Don't waste your time!ExpertdinerDined on 6/16/2013After dining here, I understand it is closing in a week. HA, explains the slow service (even though we were literally the only 5 diners in the entire place), less than average food (burnt Bison burger, cold/bland filet, and salads that tasted like they were out of a bag). The only good thing we had was excellent wine, and great tasting truffle fries! My understanding is that a new restaurant is moving in shortly, same owners of Mill Valley Kitchen. We love that restaurant, so will be back to give the new owners a try! Our server really did try his best, even though he must have been bored to tears due to the lack of guests.Special Features:
- Happy surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2013We were happily surprised to discover this outdoor, rooftop option when looking for a place to eat before the theater. Then we were especially happy to enjoy a delicious light meal--bison burger and scallops--in a cozy, quiet, sheltered (from hot sun or drizzle) setting with superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Word needs to get out aboutkaydinesoutVIPDined on 5/21/2013Word needs to get out about this place - it was virtually empty at dinnertime. Nice menu, very good food (yummy beet salad), nice view down Hennepin Ave. from up high, attractive modern decor. Pleasant service. Only glitch was in pacing - our four entrees arrived - and were served - while two in our group were still eating their salads.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small menu, small servings26pt2runnerVIPDined on 5/10/2013Lunch was very quiet as there were few patrons on a Friday. Menu small. Portions small. Food was good but not good enough to return anytime soon. Can't imagine they can make a go of this. Seemed like the last gasps of commercial viability was playing out before our eyes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potential, poor executionfudee3Dined on 4/28/2013Should've known when the place was only 25% full at dinner time just before a sold out show at the State Theater. Noone in front to greet us, after we stood there, looking confused for several minutes, a patron at the bar went back to get someone's attention. We were finally then greeted and seated (rather given the "sit where you want). After sitting down, we ordered a bottle of wine that had to be retrieved from a wine cellar in the basement (which took a good amount of time). We were then informed that over half of the items (on a very limited menu to start with) were unavailable. The only seafood available was calimari. The food we ordered was average and not really worth the time spent or the money. Great location though.Special Features:
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2013We had an early dinner prior to a theater event at the Orpheum. View is lovely, food was excellent and our server was excellent. Great spot to enjoy and prices were lower than nearby rooftops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2013We went for brunch on a sunday. They were out of 4 items on their somewhat limited menu. The breakfast options were reduced to eggs or yougurt. There were no pacakes on the menu. They were out of french toast. And, their waffle machine was broken. There were two tables on each side of us that had a lot of problems with their order. One table did not receive their food until 10minutes before they needed to leave for a show. I don't know the problems at the other table but the waitress stopped by several times appologizing. Food and atmosphere were fine but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Nice evening...staff was quickOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2013Nice evening...staff was quick to greet and check on us. Food was good. Joe, waiter, was attentive and gave great suggestions on plates. One downside, they were out of many of the menu items...that was unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where do I startUnrealVIPDined on 4/27/2013My wife and I sat and waited, finally the server came over and said "what do you want, what do you need" my wife looked at her and said "and how are you tonight" which kind of through her for a loop. We ordered a couple glasses of wine and waited. Five minutes went by and she showed up again with our drinks and left, I was ready to order. Then after another 10 minutes she came by and we ordered dinner and vanished, I could have used another glass of wine at that time. The table next to us finally got their meals and salads at the same time and they got up and left, they had had enough. Britney (bartender) took over and saved the night! The food was amazing and the service was equally excellent, from that point on. Returning soonSpecial Features:
- The portions were small andtheaterbuffDined on 4/27/2013The portions were small and overpriced, service was incredibly, painfully slow. Definitely will NOT go there again.
- 4 of us had dinner this pastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/20134 of us had dinner this past Saturday night. Everything we tried was fabulous! The dining space chic and comfortable. The views outstanding. We would all go back again.Special Features:
- Service was slow and terrible.MargaretVIPDined on 4/6/2013Service was slow and terrible. Long wait and incorrect on some items. Won't go there' again.
- The restaurant is still onOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/6/2013The restaurant is still on the new side and has some kinks to work out with the food.
- Courses could have been timedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2013Courses could have been timed better; we felt rushed. Other than that food was great and atmosphere is sexy!Special Features:
- Small servings and terribleFoodie1234Dined on 2/26/2013Small servings and terrible desserts. Under staffed. Won't be back.
- Great lunch spotPattiVIPDined on 2/26/2013went for Restaurant week and had a fabulous 3 course lunch. Ample portions and superb taste. Great findSpecial Features:
- The food was well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013The food was well prepared and done to perfection. The scallops with the apple fennel salad was amazing. The flavor combination was pleasant and flavorful. Great place for a quite dinner out.Special Features:
- Perfect if you have somethingFoodyDined on 2/23/2013Perfect if you have something to do downtown. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Fabulous!! The NEW ChambersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Fabulous!! The NEW Chambers is worth a visit. Great dining experience, amazing food, good service. Loved it!Special Features:
- Went here before a showpope0043VIPDined on 2/13/2013We we're hoping it would be like the old Chambers but it turned out to be nothing special. The sushi appetizer was just ok and didn't really have anything creative about it - just pieces of fish on rice with a little bit of cucumber and wasabi. We all had to ask for our condiments multiple times before they were brought to the table. Table was very dark, which made it tough to even see the food. My wife had the chicken champagne pasta which was a watery Alfredo type sauce with chunks of overcooked chicken. I had the risotto side dish, which again was nothing special. Drinks were great and staff was friendly. I hate writing negative reviews but this place just didn't do it for any of us. Too bad, this is a great location.