Chambers Eat + Drink
601 Eddy Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Chambers Eat + Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chambers-sf.com/
- Phone: 4154965178x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday : 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Saturday-Sunday Brunch: 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Saturday Dinner: 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM. Late night menu available until 1:00 AM Tuesday-Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Trevor Ogden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding private parties and special events.
A word from Chambers Eat + Drink
Open for Weekend Brunch!Continued
Chambers Eat + Drink is located at the Phoenix Hotel in Downtown San Francisco
Chambers Eat + Drink is located at the Phoenix Hotel in Downtown San Francisco
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Chambers Eat + Drink - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
Chambers Eat + Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (28)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (18)late-night find (17)great for brunch (17)good for groups (16)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Hip placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Burger was good. Music was loud. Walls are shelves full of LP's...loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid!YONODined on 8/16/2014In a city where brunch is plagued by over-obsessed hipsters, long waits, and increasingly generic and unoriginal offerings (Wow! You paired an "unconventional" seafood with eggs benedict!? How original!), Chambers stands out in a big way. I snagged a day-of reservation 30 min before and enjoyed a hearty meal (sous vide eggs! Souffle pancake!) that was a welcome deviation from the typical brunch this city inexplicably continues to fawn over..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Amazing!ShanquezDined on 8/12/2014Great place! Great drinks! Even better food!!! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/19/2014We stumbled upon Chambers walking back from dropping off a rental car and discovered a true gem with a great menu, fabulous food and cool ambience (all the albums on the wall were really neat to look at)! We've since been back two more times and hope to work in a dinner experience soon. Fabulous place all around!Special Features:
- Awesome Time!FoodLoverDined on 7/12/2014My party and I really enjoyed ourselves! The staff was awesome, especially the manager! The food was phenomenal! Great place to dine and hang out with friends or significant other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the staff!!!fun2BmeVIPDined on 7/6/2014If you're looking for a friendly place to have a great time with friends at brunch you couldn't find a friendlier place. Food is creative, yummy and cocktails.........fantastic!Special Features:
- Loud club sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2014Went on a Friday evening and they were already playing loud club-type music and there were people dancing near the bar area, not far from where we ate dinner. The burger was overpriced and nothing to write home about. The cocktails were tasty and service was pretty good, but overall we felt out of place since the ambience wasn't what we expected.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongNotAFoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2014After enjoying a few dates at Chambers for dinner we decided to check out their brunch menu. It does not disappoint!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014great space with cool decor! too bad service is so poor. staff consists of a bunch of young kids standing around doing nothing. food was decent, but took forever to arrive while the staff socialized and stared at self in the mirror.
- Loved the venueNinaMDined on 6/25/2014I loved this place. The vibe and the set up are really cool. The appetizers were better than the main dishes so I would recommend going with a shared order of everything in the small bites. Dessert seemed unimpressive (I didn’t try any but the people I was with did and gave it average reviews). The service was horrible though. Our waiter took over 45 mins to take our order and it wasn't even a packed night.Special Features:
- A Bummer returnsmkarizonaVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our third or fourth trip to Chambers. We go, cuz the food is yummy and it's only two blocks from our flat. Each time we've gone, there has been some sort of delay at the check-in. We always have a reservation. We use the same name. We always wait. Click Click Click on the computer. No eye contact. Sometimes three people at front counter trying to figure it all out. This time no different. Get seated. Wait a bit for our drink order to be taken-drinks are fab (as usual). I order the lovely smoked pork belly. No smoke coming out of my serving platter. Send it back, smoke lasts for less than 30 seconds. Waitress only present when the whim strikes. We wait and wait for 2nd glass of wine. Disappointing visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better to Go for DrinksNdh713VIPDined on 6/6/2014I have been here several times for drinks - they do a great cocktail. Decided to go for dinner and check out the food. Unfortunately wasn't that impressed with that. I ordered a burger which was pretty good, but the fries with it came cold. My husband got fish which was also just ok. That was basically my overall impression of what everyone in our party ordered - nothing to write home about. I would only go back for drinks. They have a nice back room for events too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2014Still a great place with great food and drinks, unfortunately portions of food and glasses for drinks get smaller and smaller to the risk of disappearance!Special Features:
- diner and drinks with frinedsellebangsDined on 5/17/2014We invited friends to dinner at chamber we ended up getting everything on the menu! And everything was fabulous as always! The pork belly, the tater tots and the carrot soup was to die for. Its a cool scene and fun ambiance paired with good drinks sure to make any dinner good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceSFdinerDined on 5/17/2014Made a reservation for 8pm, we weren't seated until 8:30. Food was just ok. Very nice ambience but the service was too poor for me to ever go back.Special Features:
- Good for the scene, not the serviceLive2EatDined on 5/14/2014The ambiance is great at Chambers, and they offer al fresco dining. Their cocktail menu is inspired and the starters and small bites are scrumptious. The service in the bar and by the wait staff leaves much to be desired. Maybe that's what happens when you hire only hipsters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully deliciousDonatelloDined on 5/11/2014The food tasted delicious. The presentation was spectacular. The environment was very relaxed and comfortable. And the service was cheerful and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Chambers is so fun for brunch because you can sit outside by their pool and on a beautiful day, it feels like you are on vacation. Next warm weekend ( or weekday if you're lucky ) this is a must try and request to sit outside. Oh, and the food is totally amazing to add to it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Chambers Eat + Drink reviews archive.
- Ten stars in the Ten!smkarizonaVIPDined on 5/4/2014While the front desk staff of three struggles to maintain order (and manage reservations), don't let them hold you back! The food here is to die for. Everything is fantastic and each dish has a unique blend of tastes and textures that will surprise you and then make you so happy! And that drink list ain't bad either!Special Features:
- Overall a very good experiencGerryDined on 5/3/2014We were there on a Saturday night for a birthday get together. While the ambience was great for the occasion, service was EXTREMELY SLOW. Took forever for even water to be brought out to us. Otherwise its a fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Unique Food!DeeKevVIPDined on 5/3/2014We have dined in SF at many restaurants, but the food we had last wknd at Chambers is truly unique in flavor, fresh & fantastic. The flavors are Japanese/French/Californian but unlike anything you've had before. When they served the savory sweet dessert of Chocolate with curry ice cream I was sold!! Will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The hostess at the door told us it was a 5 minute wait for our reservation, but we waited 15 minutes, and when I went back to check up on the status, she was just sitting there chatting and seated us at a table that was open the whole time. Our server was great, but mixed up our check with another tables. His manager just made up a new bill total that was about $20 more than it should have been. We called out the manager on her incorrect bill and asked for an itemized receipt, but she just took off $8 after making us wait another 20 minutes. I got feed up and just paid and let and although the food was good, these two service experiences definitely let a bad taste in my mouth. Our server was great though.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Spot1234Dined on 4/20/2014Ambiance is great in this place - I really like the variety of food options and the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Local" SpotMattDined on 4/10/2014Myself and two of my siblings had dinner here on the recommendation of a friend who lives in San Francisco. It was fantastic! Trendy interior - dimmer lighting, vinyl records on shelves, comfortable seating. Great cocktails as well - their take on the Manhattan was delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchwaynkerDined on 3/30/2014Great place to eat in the late morning early afternoons! Walking down the street in the TL; upon entering the restaurant, you're magically whisked away to the wonderful world of the 50's and 60's with vinyls lining the wall, and interesting light fixtures. Their bloody mary was delicious and spicy. The food was playful, modern, but also had hints of tradition. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the vinyl clad walls,modernpopsicleDined on 3/29/2014Love the vinyl clad walls, the retro/modern furniture and fixtures, the fab staff and yummy eats! The staff made sound recommendations on the menu and the burger and butternut squash was to die for! Everything was perfect! I cant wet to come back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, Fun 70s vibeFoodguruVIPDined on 3/25/2014Don't let the hotel next to the restaurant fool you. EXCELLENT! Fun 70s decor. Drinks amazing. The Vodka Drink is great. The fish dish was excellent. Tater tots, Brussels sprouts and farmers market veggies were great. Definitely coming back again.Special Features:
- Shhhhhh Don't Tell Anyone Else!fun2BmeVIPDined on 3/22/2014What a perfect place to enjoy Saturday brunch with friends....outdoors, sunny, protected from wind, bottomless mimosas, great food and very attentive service. Please don't tell anyone, we want to keep this to ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-amazing, pool-amazingSkippingSconesDined on 3/22/2014Great brunch! Hangover Hash, so good you wish you had a hangover. Pork belly was melt-in-your-mouth good, like it should. Sit outside if you can and get a view of the outside, modernly designed, space and pool. Fun atmosphere is the least likely of spaces. Make a reservation in advance so you don't need to wait on the streets of the Tenderloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!sallysooDined on 3/14/2014chambers is a great place to have a date night at. The menu is great, and cocktails and fabulous. I accidentally made a reservation for 10:30 instead or 9:30, and they were able to get us a table at 9:30. The DJ was great! Only complaint was the "gin drink" cocktail ...it was too sweet for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a night out!NotAFoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014We love this place! My boyfriend and I went with another couple and had a blast! The only complaint is that by the time we got to our 8:15 reservation the bar was already out of 2 drinks and both the salad and dessert we ordered were out.Special Features:
- It doesn't get much better!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2014This is our second brunch, and our love for Chambers Eat + Drink just grows and grows. Between the two of us, my husband and I have now tasted 6 items from Brunch and every single one was AMAZING. We are beginning to wonder if it's possible for this kitchen to disappoint us. Our biggest fear at this point is that Chambers will go all froufy and super popular on us, and we won't be able to get a table anymore, let alone afford it. Please don't ever change!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive mediocre foodMGroftDined on 2/22/2014The ambiance was great, but the food on the other hand was not good! It took a really long time for our main course to come out. My husband and I shared the rib eye and shoe string fries. After waiting about 45 minutes for our food, we got it cold. By that point I was starving and wanted to send it back but was sure I was going to experience another long wait. For the price you pay in this place, its not worth it. Our dining experience was very disappointing.Special Features:
- yummybatukaDined on 2/9/2014drinks were great, good n spicy bloody mary. eggs royale were fantastic, but could use a little more caviar as a salty element. friend loved the pork belly. we will come again, but not at night, since the hipster element is in overdrive lately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a second trySincinDined on 2/8/2014The place is gorgeous and that was the only good thing about it. I read the menu online beforehand, although the ingredients were diff and fresh (not your normal brunch food), it wasn't knocking my socks off. We had the tofu hash, quinoa salad and pork belly. I would def recommend the pork belly. And of course the bottomless mimosa. It def had more OJ than was needed and it would have been nice to be topped off before they closed. The server didn't bother letting us know they were closing, so we had to leave. I had high hopes of the place, but its still worth one try.Special Features:
- My neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Chambers is one of those amazing gems that you could never guess would look like it does inside from the street. While the food can be very hit or miss (in that some dishes are amazing, while others are not, at least it is very consistent in which dishes are the best. The real benefits are the ambiance, and how it transitions perfectly from a restaurant into a late-night bar. It's easy to spend an entire night at Chambers without feeling like you've been in one place the whole time. Also, pretty much everyone who works there is super nice and helpful, so you always feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2014This is our new favorite restaurant. We live two blocks away and are kicking ourselves for all the lost time that we could have been eating amazing food in an amazing setting with fabulous service! My husband and I came for dinner two nights ago and were so blown away that we invited a couple of friends to brunch this morning. Everyone loved it so much that one of our friends is already planning on having his birthday dinner here. I'm not going to go into details of the dishes we ate, because it will take too long- between husband and I we have now tasted 6 plates plus dessert and every single one of them was a delight not only to eat, but also to look at. Very inventive flavors, perfectly sized portions, ROCKING drinks! Do not miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and caring serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Delicious food, trendy, hip atmosphere are a given but the surprise was the kind and caring service. My 18 year old daughter had surgery a month before our brunch here and had to be careful what she ate. Though she thought she has ordered carefully she didn't understand what the ingredient farrow was. Not being something she could digest, she was going to try to eat around it. The very kind server offered to replace the dish to accommodate her. We were touched at this consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in dumpy area!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2014Chambers is an oasis in the Tenderloin. HOping more great places will open nearby. The walk to and from the restaurant can be scary. But the hotel and restaurant are welcoming, warm and fun. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food | Cool spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/24/2014This restaurant was full of surprises. It's in an unlikely location, within the Phoenix Hotel in the Tenderloin neighborhood. Initially, we walked right passed the door, which has no sign. Once inside, we loved the funky decor. The walls are constructed of vinyl record collections. Seating was comfortable and cozy. People were also eating outside by the hotel pool. The cocktails and food were delicious. Our salad was a visual work of art and just as tasty. Don't miss the house-made tater tots. The steak and burger were also excellent.Special Features: