Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
5330 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chamberlainsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9729342467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Chamberlain & Lan Nickens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Saturday in the Cigar Lounge!
- Special Events: Four private dining rooms! Regular or special pre-set menus are available. Call Allie Wiley at 972-387-2790
A word from Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
Rated "four Stars" by the Dallas Morning News, the recipient of an "Award of Excellence" in 2000-2003 by Wine Spectator, rated by Zagat in 2003 as one of "America's Top Restaurants". Chef Richard Chamberlain adds a special touch to prime beef and seafood that pleases the most traditional tastes. Combining exacting service and elegantly appointed atmosphere, guests return again and again to enjoy such critically acclaimed specialties as prime rib, lobster and crème brulee. Five private dining rooms accommodating up to 100 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)romantic (121)notable wine list (80)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (19)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- 15h Anniversary DinnertfcinmckinneyDined on 9/12/2014always pleased with the service, food and spirits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceKacamDined on 9/11/2014Everything about Chamberlain's is excellent! Love the food, service, and atmosphere. Only wish we could afford to go more often, but great for special occasions. My husband chose it for his birthday and he was given a complimentary dessert! The best! Salmon and steaks were fabulous!Special Features:
- Surprisngly mediocreSoonerlawDined on 9/10/2014The business dinner I recently had at Chamberlain's was not bad but was certainly not of the quality one would expect with the attendant prices. The table service was fine for the most part, but it took a while for our dinner to arrive and when it did, the filets were not hot but rather only warm as if they had been sitting under a heat lamp. The creamed corn was rather soupy and the parmesan grits were disappointing not withstanding a strong recommendation from our waiter. I am hoping this was an off night for Chamberlains as it was in no way comparable with Bob's or Al Biernet's in quality and service.Special Features:
- Don't Know RareSnakeaterDined on 9/6/2014We brought 3 couples who had never been to Chamberlains out to dinner Saturday evening. Needless to say, we indicated that Chamberlains was one of the top steak houses in the area and that they were in for a treat. When the waiter came to our table, I specifically asked him how rare I could get the prime rib. Really rare, he responded. Our guest to the right ordered a filet mignon medium rare and it was on from there. My prime rib came out medium to the point I asked the waiter if he thought the meat was rare. He responded, I guess not. I will get you another piece if you like. When seven other people are eating, the last thing you want to do is reorder meat. My buddy cut his filet open to find the meat brown on the inside.
- Great experienceTom2anddotDined on 9/5/2014One of our out of town dinner guests grew up in Argentina and prefers beef. Chamberlains was listed as a top ten Dallas steak house, so we elected to try Chamberlains and were quote happy with our choice. Great waiter who was attentive and informed. And the beef was great. We will return for own nights out for dinner and look forward to taking other dinner guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Friendly greeting upon arriving, steaks delicious & hot, great waiter, complimentary birthday dessert. Wonderful Birthday!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKDouglasDined on 9/3/2014They were busy and we had to flag down our Server a few times but Ricky was very nice. The food was amazing...the lobster deviled eggs topped with bacon; NY Strip and 40-Day Aged Ribeye...melted in our mouths and cooked to order and perfection. The bread is amazing but pop-overs taste burnt each time a go there; overall...very good and I am regular.Special Features:
- FoodieJanesthingsVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food and service were wonderful. The food was hot for all 6 in our party and our server was very prompt. The only negative was the noise level. The restaurant was packed so it was a little difficult to carry on a conversation with a party of 6. However we will return based on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beBadexperienceDined on 8/23/2014I took my boyfriend here Saturday night for his birthday. I wanted somewhere with good food a romantic feel. I made the reservation via Open table for 10:30. When I pulled up to valet I was told that they don't take reservations after 10. I told them our reservation was confirmed for 10:30, so they hesitantly parked my car. There was no welcome to chamberlains from valet. We were greeted when we walked into the restaurant though. The waitress quickly told us to hurry and look at the menu as we had to have our order in by 10:30. Which made me feel like I shouldn't have booked chamberlains. The filet mignon was tough, not the feedback I was looking for from my boyfriend. My chicken was very greasy, I took two bites and had it boxed. UnhappySpecial Features:
- Below average high-end restaurantEater958Dined on 8/23/2014Overall, Chamberlain's is a little below average when compared with other high-end steakhouses in the DFW area. Went for Restaurant Week. The price was good (set price for Restaurant Week), however the food was average and my steak was a little small and thin for a prime rib. The service was average, although our waiter was very personable. The main issue was the loud noise. We could barely hear each other speak, like being at a concert. Definitely not romantic. I'd recommend III Forks or other top steakhouses before I'd recommend Chamberlain's.
- Restaurant WeekMcKinneyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Grilled BLT salad was a pleasant surprise with lightly grilled romaine with bacon and tomato. The filet and cheesecake were good.Special Features:
- The finest steaks & prime rib EVERjoethegent65VIPDined on 8/23/2014Simply the finest steak and prime rib ever...unlimited wine and beverage list...salads cool, crisp,colorful....deserts to died for (wife likes coconut cream pie , i like the cheesecake...Service is SUPERNATURAL starting with Jim, the Manager, who greets us at the door and makes us feel like part of the Chamberlains family...and he always knows our favorite table, to the wait and bus staff who are there for your every dining need. it's a wonderful dining experience that you will treasure. We keep coming back every month..you can never get enough of a great thing.Special Features:
- Great substance to every courseBotothebackDined on 8/22/2014From appetizer selection to the deserts, Chamberlains exceeded my expectations. Every course was made to perfection from how it was plated to the combination of flavors. Service was on point as well.Special Features:
- I would definitely come backSweetToothDined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing! We had great appetizers (watermelon and lobster and ahi tuna) that arrived quickly to our table. The filet mignon had great flavor and cooked exactly how I requested (medium rare). Go with the cheesecake if you're getting dessert! Our server, Michael, was helpful with drink choices and provided good service all around. The restaurant is not too loud and allows for good conversation and enjoying the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!Adnorm08Dined on 8/22/2014We came here for Restaurant week since we have never been here before! Our waitress/service was excellent! She was so nice, friendly and funny and catered to whatever we needed! The food was awesome! Mine and my husbands filet was cooked to perfection, whipped potatoes were so creamy! The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the bread pudding, it was a little dry and not a lot of flavor! But my husbands cheesecake was amazing! We look forward to coming back and trying the actual menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW dinnerDocrbudDined on 8/22/2014This was the best dinner I have had out in years. Even the bread and (garlic) butter were excellent. My ahi tuna with noodles was perfect. My fillet was delicious as was the goat cheese mashed potatoes. Dessert was the weak point but it wasn't bad. The flavor was very good but it did not have a true cream brûlée texture. I went with 7 friends and everyone liked their dinner as much as I did. Two ladies,even booked a reservation for two days later. The waiter was very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We both ordered our meat medium-well. Mine came out medium-rare and son's was well-done. I had to send mine back so by the time I got mine, my son was done eating. The management graciously removed the meal from the bill. It was still a nice evening out. We decided that restaurants are not equipped to prepare meat other than rare, medium and well-done.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.nobucketlistDined on 8/22/2014Chamberlain's used to be a great neighborhood steakhouse. I am not sure what has happened. The steak was excellent and perfectly cooked but everything else was lacking. Potatoes were runny and seriously over salted. Meyer lemon crème had no hint of lemon and the sugar glaze was a quarter inch thick, you had to remove it with a knife because you could not crack it. Server tried to replace but the second one was no better. Never received a glass of wine we ordered. Not the evening we had planned.
- Poor table and so-so foodVitaminVDined on 8/22/2014We were rushed from the beginning. The room was very loud, making conversation difficult. The two seat table we were given was right in the path from the bathroom/kitchen area. The hustle-bustle was very distracting. Table was so small, the menu and wine list wouldn't fit. While tender, the filet was over seasoned/too salty. The variation between the two filets we received was laughable (one very small, one proper sized). The person who delivered the food (not one of the two people who waited on us) asked if there was a problem…we sort of chuckled at the difference in appearance and the response was, "maybe yours is thicker". Thankful for restaurant week!Special Features:
- First time diner....WhatsGoodHereDined on 8/22/2014I came b/c the restaurant week menu sounded tasty. As a matter of fact I had trouble deciding on my dishes. For the most part I was pleased w/ my food & the small bite I tasted of my friend's; only thing is that a few side items were a bit saltier than I prefer. I enjoyed my watermelon & crab gazpacho; the two flavors actually made for a nice combo. My friend's salad however, was drowning in dressing so she wasnt very pleased w/ that. My filet mignon was nicely accompanied by goat cheese mashed potatoes (one of the slightly salty items); my friend's crusted chicken breast & bacon waffle was also tasty (and surprisingly served with some type of mashed potato?) I would've liked the chocolate/pb bread pudding to be less "wet"...but I'd return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great food!clynncDined on 8/21/2014dying hair for the first time during restaurant week with the girls. All three courses were fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurant week value4949Dined on 8/21/2014The servings were bountiful and the experience was first rate. There is no better value than Chamberlain's during restaurant week. We will return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chamberlain'sE93luvDined on 8/20/2014The food was good, however, it felt like they were short staffed. It took them almost 10 minutes to get me a cup of water or drink. Took another 10 to 15 minutes to get us our menu. It was just bit slow that day...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakFoody4lifeDined on 8/19/2014The filet mignon was quite possibly the best I've ever had! I wanted to savor every bite. It was cooked perfectly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Food and service was great but the noise level distracted from an otherwise pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Chamberlain'sLASFoodieDined on 8/19/2014We went to Chamberlain's for Dallas Restaurant Week and were very pleased with out choice. The Menu is fantastic and making a choice among the selected items for Restaurant Week was difficult. We started out with the Central Market Fourth Course which was pork belly sliders with Asian slaw and it was fantastic. The Gazpacho with lump crab meat was excellent as was the Seared Ahi Tuna and the Grilled Romaine salad. For a main course the Prime Rib and Filet Mignon were fantastic. The three dessert choices were equally as good as the rest of the menu. Our server, Ricky, was very attentive and couldn't have been more helpful with suggestions. All in all, one of our better choices for a Restaurant Week outing. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for our tableBear1144Dined on 8/19/2014The noise level was so high that our party felt like we were yelling across the table. We were in the little room off to the left of the entrance and the conversations seemed to just echo off the walls. The service was rather slow, but the server was pleasant enough.
- Always Enjoy Chamberlain'sBradInFriscoDined on 8/18/2014Great place. The waiters give careful attention to ensure you're taken care of. Other than that, food and service were both great, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014We celebrated my Father in laws 79th birhtday at Chamberlains. We have been there a number of times for special occasions, the food and service has always been outstanding. The wine room was a great place to sit and converse. Was really nice that Richard Chamberlain stopped by our table to inquire how the meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014I love Chamberlain's Fish Market Grill. This restaurant just keeps getting better with time. The servers always seem to be so polite and caring. My wife is a picky eater and the servers here always bend over backwards to accommodate out special requests. The food is divine, so fresh and expertly prepared. I usually get the daily specials and we always start with their appetizer combination. They have a wine special area of the wine list that has some really great prices. Oh....and don't forget the coconut pie for dessert......simply the best. I can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in Dallas!FoodFollowerDined on 8/18/2014Let's start at the beginning, valet is complimentary and the attendants are super friendly. The decor is cozy and simple, but with a touch of elegance. The wine list is extensive and the manager Jim recommended a wine that paired perfectly with our dinner. The food was AMAZING! Our steaks were cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths, we had grits and mac and cheese which were warm and fresh. We had the coconut creme pie for dessert and with an espressotini, dessert was divine! The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive and we were recieved with a warm smile at the door. Don't forget this place has a cigar lounge and as a Dallas native this is truly a one of a kind experience. I am truly impressed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous steakJFFWDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful meal! Delicious aged porterhouse steak perfectly cooked and seasoned! Spinach side dish was also very tasty. Service was perfect! Very personable waitress and appropriate attentiveness. Creme Brulee and Coffees were a nice finishing touch to a wonderfully paced fabulous meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Date Night!valgaltxDined on 8/16/2014Our first trip to Chamberlain's, and it's our new favorite! The food was perfect and the service was just right. The restaurant was a little noisier than I expected, but we enjoyed the relaxed steakhouse feel better than similar restaurants that feel a little stuffy. We had a wonderful evening and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedRedRedWineDined on 8/16/2014First time at Chamberlain's. Good food and drink, but rather cramped. Several waiters bumped me with plates. Crowded and very noisy--I would have never selected this restaurant for our table of seven if I had known I could only speak to the person sitting next to me. The tight and noisy surroundings reminded me of a NYC restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4 for dinner on Saturday, August 16, 2014. Two of the entrees were excellent. However, one steak, ordered medium, came well done. The other steak, ordered well done, came medium rare. It was sent back three (3) times before it was cooked as ordered. This was VERY disappointing for a restaurant this caliber. They did comp us 2 desserts, however. But still a disappointing meal.
- Restaurant Week, First timerRedvino4meDined on 8/16/2014Treated my sister to a nice dinner. Four course meal... we both enjoyed it. Great wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, a Bit NoisyBaseBloxDined on 8/15/2014We visited for DFW Restaurant Week, and maybe the dining area had been compacted for the event, but the area we were in was very noisy. We were seated in what looked like it might have been a private dining room in the corner, but there were 4-5 tables in it, and the all-wood walls made for poor acoustics and it was very loud the entire time. Additionally, the tables were close enough together that I kept getting bumped by customers and staff as they passed by, which was a bit bothersome. That said, the food was fantastic. They did bring me a ribeye instead of the prime rib I asked for, but they asked if it was alright, and that was a mistake I could live with. Service was also wonderful, very prompt, polite, and food came out very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekLetticiaRomaneDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Chamberlains several times. The food and service have always been outstanding. My husband and I and friends have attended 3 of the cooking classes which are so much fun. None of us attend the cooking classes any more because the live band is so loud that conversation at the table is very strained and not enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014We were there for restaurant week and it was quite busy. But the service was great & the food delicious, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekGlenDined on 8/14/2014Chef Richard was great came to our table could not ask for a greater meal will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.