Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
5330 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chamberlainsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9729342467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Chamberlain & Lan Nickens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Saturday in the Cigar Lounge!
- Special Events: Four private dining rooms! Regular or special pre-set menus are available. Call Allie Wiley at 972-387-2790
A word from Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
Rated "four Stars" by the Dallas Morning News, the recipient of an "Award of Excellence" in 2000-2003 by Wine Spectator, rated by Zagat in 2003 as one of "America's Top Restaurants". Chef Richard Chamberlain adds a special touch to prime beef and seafood that pleases the most traditional tastes. Combining exacting service and elegantly appointed atmosphere, guests return again and again to enjoy such critically acclaimed specialties as prime rib, lobster and crème brulee. Five private dining rooms accommodating up to 100 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)romantic (113)notable wine list (82)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (22)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Chamberlain'sE93luvDined on 8/20/2014The food was good, however, it felt like they were short staffed. It took them almost 10 minutes to get me a cup of water or drink. Took another 10 to 15 minutes to get us our menu. It was just bit slow that day...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Food and service was great but the noise level distracted from an otherwise pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Chamberlain'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014We went to Chamberlain's for Dallas Restaurant Week and were very pleased with out choice. The Menu is fantastic and making a choice among the selected items for Restaurant Week was difficult. We started out with the Central Market Fourth Course which was pork belly sliders with Asian slaw and it was fantastic. The Gazpacho with lump crab meat was excellent as was the Seared Ahi Tuna and the Grilled Romaine salad. For a main course the Prime Rib and Filet Mignon were fantastic. The three dessert choices were equally as good as the rest of the menu. Our server, Ricky, was very attentive and couldn't have been more helpful with suggestions. All in all, one of our better choices for a Restaurant Week outing. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for our tableBear1144Dined on 8/19/2014The noise level was so high that our party felt like we were yelling across the table. We were in the little room off to the left of the entrance and the conversations seemed to just echo off the walls. The service was rather slow, but the server was pleasant enough.
- Always Enjoy Chamberlain'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great place. The waiters give careful attention to ensure you're taken care of. Other than that, food and service were both great, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014We celebrated my Father in laws 79th birhtday at Chamberlains. We have been there a number of times for special occasions, the food and service has always been outstanding. The wine room was a great place to sit and converse. Was really nice that Richard Chamberlain stopped by our table to inquire how the meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014I love Chamberlain's Fish Market Grill. This restaurant just keeps getting better with time. The servers always seem to be so polite and caring. My wife is a picky eater and the servers here always bend over backwards to accommodate out special requests. The food is divine, so fresh and expertly prepared. I usually get the daily specials and we always start with their appetizer combination. They have a wine special area of the wine list that has some really great prices. Oh....and don't forget the coconut pie for dessert......simply the best. I can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in Dallas!FoodFollowerDined on 8/18/2014Let's start at the beginning, valet is complimentary and the attendants are super friendly. The decor is cozy and simple, but with a touch of elegance. The wine list is extensive and the manager Jim recommended a wine that paired perfectly with our dinner. The food was AMAZING! Our steaks were cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths, we had grits and mac and cheese which were warm and fresh. We had the coconut creme pie for dessert and with an espressotini, dessert was divine! The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive and we were recieved with a warm smile at the door. Don't forget this place has a cigar lounge and as a Dallas native this is truly a one of a kind experience. I am truly impressed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous steakJFFWDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful meal! Delicious aged porterhouse steak perfectly cooked and seasoned! Spinach side dish was also very tasty. Service was perfect! Very personable waitress and appropriate attentiveness. Creme Brulee and Coffees were a nice finishing touch to a wonderfully paced fabulous meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Date Night!valgaltxDined on 8/16/2014Our first trip to Chamberlain's, and it's our new favorite! The food was perfect and the service was just right. The restaurant was a little noisier than I expected, but we enjoyed the relaxed steakhouse feel better than similar restaurants that feel a little stuffy. We had a wonderful evening and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedRedRedWineDined on 8/16/2014First time at Chamberlain's. Good food and drink, but rather cramped. Several waiters bumped me with plates. Crowded and very noisy--I would have never selected this restaurant for our table of seven if I had known I could only speak to the person sitting next to me. The tight and noisy surroundings reminded me of a NYC restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 4 for dinner on Saturday, August 16, 2014. Two of the entrees were excellent. However, one steak, ordered medium, came well done. The other steak, ordered well done, came medium rare. It was sent back three (3) times before it was cooked as ordered. This was VERY disappointing for a restaurant this caliber. They did comp us 2 desserts, however. But still a disappointing meal.
- Restaurant Week, First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Treated my sister to a nice dinner. Four course meal... we both enjoyed it. Great wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, a Bit NoisyBaseBloxDined on 8/15/2014We visited for DFW Restaurant Week, and maybe the dining area had been compacted for the event, but the area we were in was very noisy. We were seated in what looked like it might have been a private dining room in the corner, but there were 4-5 tables in it, and the all-wood walls made for poor acoustics and it was very loud the entire time. Additionally, the tables were close enough together that I kept getting bumped by customers and staff as they passed by, which was a bit bothersome. That said, the food was fantastic. They did bring me a ribeye instead of the prime rib I asked for, but they asked if it was alright, and that was a mistake I could live with. Service was also wonderful, very prompt, polite, and food came out very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I have been to Chamberlains several times. The food and service have always been outstanding. My husband and I and friends have attended 3 of the cooking classes which are so much fun. None of us attend the cooking classes any more because the live band is so loud that conversation at the table is very strained and not enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014We were there for restaurant week and it was quite busy. But the service was great & the food delicious, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekGlenDined on 8/14/2014Chef Richard was great came to our table could not ask for a greater meal will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!Iceman2480Dined on 8/13/2014As the name implies, this establishment knows its steak. We went for Restaurant Week, but I've been here for special occasions and the food is dynamite, the service is very good, the ambiance is energetic, and it's a hot spot amid Addison's chain restaurants. Put this at the top of your list!Special Features:
- WonderfulluvtoeatDined on 8/13/2014The food, the service and ambience was outstanding. We were celebrating a special occasion - My Birthday. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family especially for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectsuzybDined on 8/12/2014From the service, to the food, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday besthardboiledDined on 8/12/2014The two of us celebrated her birthday during Restaurant Week. The service was excellent. The dinner was even better. The filet was perfectly prepared. The bread and butter was amazing -- great crust and a herb infused butter. You must control the urge to enjoy the bread and butter otherwise, you will "have no room for dinner." We loved the energy of the room. Lot of energetic chatter. The visual presentation of our dinner--appetizers, entrées and then desserts ---stimulated the senses. All in all 'the bestest birthday'.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekPickleDined on 8/11/2014Exceptionally good meal, excellent service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8-11-2014BruleDined on 8/11/2014From start to finish everything was very nice. My steak just melted in my mouth. It was cooked perfectly. My husband said the same thing about his prime rib. We were celebrating our anniversary and it was very very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!JohnDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic dinner, great wine and service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!lorilea123Dined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary with friends on a Sunday evening. The service was impeccable and the food excellent. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything we ordered was delicious! The ambiance was very quiet, relaxing, and romantic.Special Features:
- MrSwanDined on 8/9/2014The cigar lounge was the perfect atmosphere for old friends to relax and chat. The wait staff was extremely helpful and attentive offering several choices of dinning ambience. We were offered a private room for our party, which made for an exceptional evening. Food was fantastic and quick. Cannot think of a single complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit downhillRoadfunVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife loves the kobe steaks and used to really enjoy them here. But the last two visits the steaks were poor - not very tender, stringy and one case and really overcooked in another. Given the price and what a kobe should be that's more than a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Consistently a great experienceoenophile75010Dined on 8/8/2014I went there for restaurant week but have been here many times for the regular menu. Service is always excellent and atmosphere is great with a low level of noise so that talking is possible. It is always a great experience! The Meat here is great, but I prefer seafood and they have an excellent choice of high quality fish.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Food, wine, and service was incredible. Had a reservation and still had to wait half an hour but the bar was awesome so i got over itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We came to celebrate my husband's birthday and Ricky took care of us! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- everything was amazinglizzybDined on 7/31/2014We got the lobster deviled eggs and beef pot stickers to start with. Both were delicious. They also started us off with the best pop overs I've ever had. Two of us got the bone- in ribeye and the other got the NY strip. All were perfectly cooked. I'd have to say my steak was definitely one of the best I've ever had. Will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak and seafoodreallyVIPDined on 7/31/2014I only wish Chamberlain's Fish Market had the same wonderful Mac n cheese with mushrooms! Steaks were perfect, sea bass was perfect, service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.... Exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014good food well executed with exceptional service...Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!DiningDivaDined on 7/26/2014I've been to LOTS of steak houses in various cities. Chamberlain's ranks at the top. We were originally seated in a booth that only short people would fit comfortably in. We asked to move to a table and the staff graciously accommodated us. The dining area is one large open room and every table was full. I felt as if I was in the middle of a crowd, which is not the ambiance I want for a romantic dinner. It would have been nice if the room were designed to provide a more intimate feel. That being said, the decor is very romantic. The food was FABULOUS and completely made up for the lack of intimacy. Chamberlain's has better food than any other steak house I've been too. We will definitely return to Chamberlain's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJackDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good and the service was just rightSpecial Features:
- First Experience Was GreatKimmDined on 7/24/2014I took a client to this restaurant; it was the first time for both of us though she was very well aware of the reputation of this place. Our prime rib and filet were fantastic and I loved the bernaise sauce. We also had desert - the cheesecake is great. It's nice and dense. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good steaks, loud atmosphereInhunt4goodfoodDined on 7/23/2014My husband and I, went to Chamberlain's, because it was recommended. We went on a Wed. evening, and I was over dressed. I thought the dress code was business casual/ better. The other patrons were wearing shorts & tee shirts. Our waiter, was attentive, from recommending the best seating situation to ensuring the dessert toppings were to our liking. The "Kobe" beef potstickers were delicious. The ala carte mushrooms in marsala made everything on my plate better: perfectly cooked temperature 12 oz prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes. My husband thought his potatoes were bland (he doesn't like mushrooms), but his NY sirloin had good flavor even though the cut was a bit fibrous. The noise level was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Bday dinner!BERealtorDined on 7/23/2014Prices, service and food quality was outstanding! Such a better value than Del Friscos or Bobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestauranteetinggdfdDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I recently dined here for our anniversary and the experience was wonderful. Our waiter Ricardo was very friendly, courteous and attentive to our every need. I mentioned that it was our anniversary when I made the reservation online and we were shocked to see that virtually every employee knew it! We got anniversary well wishes from everyone, from the hostess to the waiters and servers and the maitre d’. As for the food, the lobster & shrimp bisque was delicious and my 40 day aged ribeye was cooked to perfection. My wife said her prime rib may have been the best she’s had. We will definitely be dining there again, and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.