Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
5330 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chamberlainsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9729342467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Chamberlain & Lan Nickens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Saturday in the Cigar Lounge!
- Special Events: Four private dining rooms! Regular or special pre-set menus are available. Call Allie Wiley at 972-387-2790
A word from Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
Rated "four Stars" by the Dallas Morning News, the recipient of an "Award of Excellence" in 2000-2003 by Wine Spectator, rated by Zagat in 2003 as one of "America's Top Restaurants". Chef Richard Chamberlain adds a special touch to prime beef and seafood that pleases the most traditional tastes. Combining exacting service and elegantly appointed atmosphere, guests return again and again to enjoy such critically acclaimed specialties as prime rib, lobster and crème brulee. Five private dining rooms accommodating up to 100 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (169)romantic (116)fit for foodies (82)notable wine list (81)good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (21)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Old ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014I can honestly say that Chamberlain's has been the most consistently delicious steakhouse in Dallas. When I am going to Chamberlain's I know i will not be disappointed. My must haves - lobster bisque, 40 day ribeye, and parm grits. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Great aged steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Wonderful aged steaks and great service. What a great way to spend our 25th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Great AnymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Disappointed in our dinner at Chamberlains. Waitress seemed to have issues at every other table but ours. So, she was constantly saying she was sorry for the slow service. It went on throughout the entire experience though. Food was average at best. Nothing spectacular at all which is what I would expect for the prices. I've had better steak at Golden Corral. There are plenty of other steak places in Dallas. I'll eat at all of them before returning to Chamberlains.
- The finest steaks & prime rib EVERjoethegent65VIPDined on 10/21/2014Wife loves the steaks , I love the fabulous prime rib....salads cool and crisp...unlimited wine and beverage selection...sides are out of this world ( I love the Asian green beans , wife loves the creamed spinach and creamed corn)....deserts to die for ( I'm cheese cake, wife coconut cream pie)....service is supernatural (Jim , the manager always makes us feel so welcome...wait and bus staff cater to your every dining need). it's a dining experience we treasure..you will too !!Special Features:
- Excellent SteaksirishfitzDined on 10/15/2014Our 22 oz Cowboy and 6oz filet steaks were super tender and delicious, the 12 oz Prime Rib was the table favorite; I'm sure we will get one or more of these cuts on our next visit. Our server, Alana, was absolutely great, she treated us like royalty. Do not miss the Creme Brûlée. Our visit was marked by good drinks, excellent food and outstanding service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Awesome came to Dallas for cotton bowl and had an excellent dinner Nice wine selection awesome foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteaklvrDined on 10/10/2014We go to Chamberlain's every OU-TX weekend and it never disappoints. The steaks are always outstanding and the service is terrific.Special Features:
- First time experienceNotSoImpressedDined on 10/10/2014Staff was professional and we enjoyed being greeted by the owner. My husband's steak was perfect and since we were celebrating his birthday I was glad. I ordered my steak medium to medium well and it came very well done, so that was a disappointment. I was looking forward to the side dish of asparagus hollandais, but the asparagus was very tough. Overall experience was so-so, I expected more wow for the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014Terrific service and excellent food. Ashley was a great server. Wine list was impressive. Also enjoyed going to the cigar bar that is attached afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBigDdinerDined on 10/6/2014We go to Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House several times a year for dinner. They never disappoint. The steaks are great, and the sea bass is really fantastic. Service is also outstanding.Special Features:
- Always a Great Steak!Dman1bDined on 10/5/2014Upon our return from Playa Del Carmen Mexico, our family was craving some great grain fed beef. Chamberlain's once again delivered above and beyond! Great service which even my 10 year old recognized, as well as a wonderful ambiance to enjoy our meal. If you are craving great steak and seafood, there are only a handful of spots in the DFW area really worth the spend.........and this is one of them. One of our regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently perfect.MikeVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great food, great staff, great wine selection. Always a perfect evening with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak & lobster in Dallasjoethegent65VIPDined on 9/27/2014Simply the finest steak and lobster tail combo in all of Dallas.cooked to perfection. Service is Supernatural starting with Jim , the Manager. We just love him...to the wait staff (ask for Ricky or Taylor) who make dinner a very special occasion ... to the bus staff who cater to your every dining need. PS- deserts to die for (I love the cheese cake, wife loves the coconut cream pie...although both are out of this world).Special Features:
- Excellent serviceanonymous49VIPDined on 9/24/2014Food was the usual steakhouse fare. Good, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, the service was outstanding. Our server, Chris, made the evening most enjoyable.Special Features:
- finest steak / lobster tail combojoethegent65VIPDined on 9/23/2014Wife and I had steak / lobster tail combo which is tuly a taste of heaven. ..salads cool crisp and colorful.....unlimited wine and beverage list...deserts to die for (I love the cheesecake, wife loves the coconut creme pie)....service is supernatural starting with Jim the Manager to the wait and bus staff that cater to our every dining need. It's a dining experience we treasure. ..Special Features:
- Awesome experienceBlondy26Dined on 9/20/2014Akin to the service you get at a 5 star hotel! Awesome food, great entertainment and we loved the cigar bar! Will be coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chamberlain's is a Classic place!PatrickDined on 9/20/2014I have been dining at Chamberlain's for years and have never been disappointed with the food, the service, or the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteRoyBoyDined on 9/19/2014We have lived in the neighborhood for over 10 years and never experienced Chamberlain's. What a loss! This has, with one evening's meal, become one of our favorite restaurants in far north Dallas. Superb service (efficient but not pretentious), great atmosphere, and great food. A great place for not only carnivores, but pescavores, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When there is nothing leftFnff3354Dined on 9/19/2014I am a filet mignon expert and junkie. It has to be lean and flavorful. When every bite is gone, I know the steak is perfect. Chamberlain's Peppercorn Filet ranks in the top 5 among the hundreds of filets I have consumed in the past 71 years. I can't think of one that I would call better. My wife feels the same about her bone in T Bone. From the Popover to the Bernaise Sauce, IMPECCABLE! A monthly stop is part of my schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatBetterDined on 9/18/2014Food was ok at best it's extremely noisy price is high for what you get. We won't go back. We will stay with three forks.Special Features:
- 15h Anniversary DinnertfcinmckinneyDined on 9/12/2014always pleased with the service, food and spirits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceKacamDined on 9/11/2014Everything about Chamberlain's is excellent! Love the food, service, and atmosphere. Only wish we could afford to go more often, but great for special occasions. My husband chose it for his birthday and he was given a complimentary dessert! The best! Salmon and steaks were fabulous!Special Features:
- Surprisngly mediocreSoonerlawDined on 9/10/2014The business dinner I recently had at Chamberlain's was not bad but was certainly not of the quality one would expect with the attendant prices. The table service was fine for the most part, but it took a while for our dinner to arrive and when it did, the filets were not hot but rather only warm as if they had been sitting under a heat lamp. The creamed corn was rather soupy and the parmesan grits were disappointing not withstanding a strong recommendation from our waiter. I am hoping this was an off night for Chamberlains as it was in no way comparable with Bob's or Al Biernet's in quality and service.Special Features:
- Some good, some not so goodDW75Dined on 9/7/2014The waitstaff seemed rather scattered during our visit. After we were seated it took probably 10 minutes for our waiter to show up. Then he took drink orders and took another 10 minutes or so to bring those (there were only four in our party.) This whole time we were wondering if they were going to bring us any menus (we hadn't seen any to that point.) Once we asked for them, then we got them. A waiter at another table spilled an entire tray of water, wetting two people and breaking every glass on the tray. I mean, accidents will happen, but... Anyway, the food was excellent as always, and they even made a special dish for my vegetarian friend. The restaurant itself was about the temperature of a brisk evening in the Arctic circle. SO COLDSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014the food, service and experience was wonderful......this was a special occasion that was for a 50% off entres for a contribution to their charity.....we did but did not impact they way we were treated....very professional and welcome.Special Features:
- Don't Know RareSnakeaterDined on 9/6/2014We brought 3 couples who had never been to Chamberlains out to dinner Saturday evening. Needless to say, we indicated that Chamberlains was one of the top steak houses in the area and that they were in for a treat. When the waiter came to our table, I specifically asked him how rare I could get the prime rib. Really rare, he responded. Our guest to the right ordered a filet mignon medium rare and it was on from there. My prime rib came out medium to the point I asked the waiter if he thought the meat was rare. He responded, I guess not. I will get you another piece if you like. When seven other people are eating, the last thing you want to do is reorder meat. My buddy cut his filet open to find the meat brown on the inside.
- Great experienceTom2anddotDined on 9/5/2014One of our out of town dinner guests grew up in Argentina and prefers beef. Chamberlains was listed as a top ten Dallas steak house, so we elected to try Chamberlains and were quote happy with our choice. Great waiter who was attentive and informed. And the beef was great. We will return for own nights out for dinner and look forward to taking other dinner guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Friendly greeting upon arriving, steaks delicious & hot, great waiter, complimentary birthday dessert. Wonderful Birthday!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKDouglasDined on 9/3/2014They were busy and we had to flag down our Server a few times but Ricky was very nice. The food was amazing...the lobster deviled eggs topped with bacon; NY Strip and 40-Day Aged Ribeye...melted in our mouths and cooked to order and perfection. The bread is amazing but pop-overs taste burnt each time a go there; overall...very good and I am regular.Special Features:
- FoodieJanesthingsVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food and service were wonderful. The food was hot for all 6 in our party and our server was very prompt. The only negative was the noise level. The restaurant was packed so it was a little difficult to carry on a conversation with a party of 6. However we will return based on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beBadexperienceDined on 8/23/2014I took my boyfriend here Saturday night for his birthday. I wanted somewhere with good food a romantic feel. I made the reservation via Open table for 10:30. When I pulled up to valet I was told that they don't take reservations after 10. I told them our reservation was confirmed for 10:30, so they hesitantly parked my car. There was no welcome to chamberlains from valet. We were greeted when we walked into the restaurant though. The waitress quickly told us to hurry and look at the menu as we had to have our order in by 10:30. Which made me feel like I shouldn't have booked chamberlains. The filet mignon was tough, not the feedback I was looking for from my boyfriend. My chicken was very greasy, I took two bites and had it boxed. UnhappySpecial Features:
- Below average high-end restaurantEater958Dined on 8/23/2014Overall, Chamberlain's is a little below average when compared with other high-end steakhouses in the DFW area. Went for Restaurant Week. The price was good (set price for Restaurant Week), however the food was average and my steak was a little small and thin for a prime rib. The service was average, although our waiter was very personable. The main issue was the loud noise. We could barely hear each other speak, like being at a concert. Definitely not romantic. I'd recommend III Forks or other top steakhouses before I'd recommend Chamberlain's.
- Restaurant WeekMcKinneyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Grilled BLT salad was a pleasant surprise with lightly grilled romaine with bacon and tomato. The filet and cheesecake were good.Special Features:
- The finest steaks & prime rib EVERjoethegent65VIPDined on 8/23/2014Simply the finest steak and prime rib ever...unlimited wine and beverage list...salads cool, crisp,colorful....deserts to died for (wife likes coconut cream pie , i like the cheesecake...Service is SUPERNATURAL starting with Jim, the Manager, who greets us at the door and makes us feel like part of the Chamberlains family...and he always knows our favorite table, to the wait and bus staff who are there for your every dining need. it's a wonderful dining experience that you will treasure. We keep coming back every month..you can never get enough of a great thing.Special Features:
- Great substance to every courseBotothebackDined on 8/22/2014From appetizer selection to the deserts, Chamberlains exceeded my expectations. Every course was made to perfection from how it was plated to the combination of flavors. Service was on point as well.Special Features:
- I would definitely come backSweetToothDined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing! We had great appetizers (watermelon and lobster and ahi tuna) that arrived quickly to our table. The filet mignon had great flavor and cooked exactly how I requested (medium rare). Go with the cheesecake if you're getting dessert! Our server, Michael, was helpful with drink choices and provided good service all around. The restaurant is not too loud and allows for good conversation and enjoying the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!Adnorm08Dined on 8/22/2014We came here for Restaurant week since we have never been here before! Our waitress/service was excellent! She was so nice, friendly and funny and catered to whatever we needed! The food was awesome! Mine and my husbands filet was cooked to perfection, whipped potatoes were so creamy! The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the bread pudding, it was a little dry and not a lot of flavor! But my husbands cheesecake was amazing! We look forward to coming back and trying the actual menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW dinnerDocrbudDined on 8/22/2014This was the best dinner I have had out in years. Even the bread and (garlic) butter were excellent. My ahi tuna with noodles was perfect. My fillet was delicious as was the goat cheese mashed potatoes. Dessert was the weak point but it wasn't bad. The flavor was very good but it did not have a true cream brûlée texture. I went with 7 friends and everyone liked their dinner as much as I did. Two ladies,even booked a reservation for two days later. The waiter was very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We both ordered our meat medium-well. Mine came out medium-rare and son's was well-done. I had to send mine back so by the time I got mine, my son was done eating. The management graciously removed the meal from the bill. It was still a nice evening out. We decided that restaurants are not equipped to prepare meat other than rare, medium and well-done.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.nobucketlistDined on 8/22/2014Chamberlain's used to be a great neighborhood steakhouse. I am not sure what has happened. The steak was excellent and perfectly cooked but everything else was lacking. Potatoes were runny and seriously over salted. Meyer lemon crème had no hint of lemon and the sugar glaze was a quarter inch thick, you had to remove it with a knife because you could not crack it. Server tried to replace but the second one was no better. Never received a glass of wine we ordered. Not the evening we had planned.