Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
5330 Belt Line Road
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chamberlainsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (972) 934-2467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Chamberlain & Lan Nickens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Tuesday through Saturday in the Cigar Lounge!
- Special Events: Four private dining rooms! Regular or special pre-set menus are available. Call Allie Wiley at 972-387-2790
A word from Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House
Rated "four Stars" by the Dallas Morning News, the recipient of an "Award of Excellence" in 2000-2003 by Wine Spectator, rated by Zagat in 2003 as one of "America's Top Restaurants". Chef Richard Chamberlain adds a special touch to prime beef and seafood that pleases the most traditional tastes. Combining exacting service and elegantly appointed atmosphere, guests return again and again to enjoy such critically acclaimed specialties as prime rib, lobster and crème brulee. Five private dining rooms accommodating up to 100 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (164)romantic (107)fit for foodies (82)notable wine list (80)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (49)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (29)late-night find (17)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Simply an incredible experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014The service was incredible. The wine list was great! And the food was hard to beat! Simply an incredible treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Chamberlain'sProfDallasVIPDined on 11/17/2014This is our favorite restaurant; we have been dining here for over twenty years, and we always enjoy a great meal and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not the best food in DallasRls2005Dined on 11/14/2014The service and atmosphere were great. I ordered the Filet Mingon and it was just OK. I expect more out of a steakhouse steak. It was not very tender and overcooked. The flavor was lacking. The brussel sprouts were probably the best thing I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25thAnnivDined on 11/11/2014Fantastic, the fillet was like butter and the green beans are to die for.Special Features:
- Certainly not the bestTFedDined on 11/11/2014I've been to many steakhouses in DFW and of them all, I would say this ranks toward the bottom of the list. The lobster bisque and lump crabcake were delicious, however, the main course (wife and I both ordered the filet) was delivered to us within like 5 minutes of us ordering. That tells me they were pre-cooking them in anticipation of orders. We were there on a Tuesday night so it's not like they were slammed. The steak itself have very little flavor to it, yet was basically charred on the outside (we both ordered Medium). And the waitress forgot our wine order until we were reminded her halfway through dinner. I will take III Forks, Bob's or Capital Grille ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over Chamberlain's. Won't be going back any time soon!
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014The restaurant had a problem you could just see developing,and we were impressed with how they handled it. A group of about 8 people came in, and they needed to set a table for them. There was not room to do this, and as they were arranging things the manager of the restaurant come over to our table, introduced himself and asked if we would be willing to move one table. He told us it would be helpful to him, and as a gesture of thanks he would like to buy us a bottle of the nice wine we were drinking. We would have moved anyway if asked, but their approach was very classy. And, the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014It was all wonderful and great service! Our waiter was the best!Special Features:
- Wonderful cigar roomRobertDined on 11/9/2014Fine service, good food (pork cops are overpriced about $8 to $10 but with a very nice sauce). I'll have steak next time. Salad with shrimp was very good according to my wife. It's the cigar lounge (in which you can dine if desired) which makes Chamberlain's special and a place we'll return when in Dallas.Special Features:
- OutstandingTeam514Dined on 11/8/2014Benn here numerous times and will continue to go back over and over. They will go out of their way to cut you any size filet you may want as I normally go 14 oz. Never an issue, never a question. Wait staff is knowledgeable and very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a romantic dinnerLARK4Dined on 11/8/2014Decided to try Chamberlain's for our anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was perfect for a special event and the food was excellent. We tried the 40 day dry aged ribeye (recommended by the waiter), and the filet mignon. Both were excellent and prepared exactly as ordered. We also ordered a bowl of of the lobster bisque and a side of cream corn and both were awesome. The waiter welcomed us and wished us a happy anniversary when we arrived and brought a complimentary slice of key lime pie for dessert. Overall a great experience with steak that lived up to their awesome reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding appetizersBrooklynDined on 11/7/2014Went for the steaks, but the star of the show were the appetizers. The steaks were perfect too. Our server was extremely energetic and loved to show off the special wines. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The finest steaks & prime rib EVERjoethegent65VIPDined on 11/4/2014Wife loves the steaks, i love the prime rib (both the finest in all of Dallas).....salads are plentiful....sides are heavenly (i like the Asian green beans, wife loves the creamed spinach)...unlimited wine and beverage list.....,deserts to die for (i'm a cheese cake guy, wife loves the coconut cream pie)....service sets it apart from the rest..from the moment you walk through the door (Jim the Manager always greets us and makes us feel like part of the Chamberlain family)to the wait and bus staff who cater to your every need. Several dining rooms to choose from based on your tastes. it's a dining experience we always treasure...you will too !!!!Special Features:
- total disasterArminskyVIPDined on 10/31/2014in our last visit this Friday night, we ordered the Prime Rib dinner. Apparently, they ran out so they decided to defrost some and flash fry them for us. we waited over an hour for 3 prime ribs to arrive. The inside of steak was Raw, and not rare, it was raw. When we sent the food back, the manager offered other foods but By then we had lost our appetite. He proceeded to charge us for the salad and the side baked potato !!!! There are so many other good options for a great meal in that area, I think we'll pass next time.
- The finest steaks & prime rib EVERjoethegent65VIPDined on 10/31/2014We celebrated our daughter's promotion with prime rib for everyone Friday..salads cool, crisp and colorful....unlimited wine and beverage list...best prime rib in ALL of Dallas (and I mean it !!!)...several dining rooms to choose from based on your tastes.....desets to die for (wife loves coconut cream pie, I love the cheesecake and daughter loves creme brulee.....service is supernatural (from the Managers to the bus staff). It's a dining experience we treasure.Special Features:
- Always a winnerhappydinerDined on 10/26/2014Chamberlain's never disappoints. Excellent service, superior food; fine dining defined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 5 star evening!AngelaDined on 10/25/2014Chamberlain's is our go to place for celebrating! Wedding anniversaries, birthdays, any special occasion! Chamberlains is the place to be! We love the menu but always look forward to the great specials! The wine list is outstanding and we delight in trying new wines there! Service is the best!! So nice not to be rushed through an excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice.dalman88Dined on 10/25/2014We got a good prime rib and filet with good appetizers and wine list.Very nice dining experience . Reservations recommended.Special Features:
- A special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/24/2014I chose this over several higher priced steak houses because of the local reviews and was glad I did. This was the best steak I have had in several years service was excellent and a good value as well. Nice live music next door but was a cigar bar so we did not stay there long. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special PlacedoneaglemanDined on 10/24/2014Chamberlains has been our favorite, go-to restaurant for our special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) for quite some time now. In addition to the great food and service, their entire staff has a great way of making you feel very welcome every time you come to the restaurant. That is important to us and appears to be a integral part of their mission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliablesalamkaramDined on 10/22/2014I can honestly say that Chamberlain's has been the most consistently delicious steakhouse in Dallas. When I am going to Chamberlain's I know i will not be disappointed. My must haves - lobster bisque, 40 day ribeye, and parm grits. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Great aged steaksMrMikeDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful aged steaks and great service. What a great way to spend our 25th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Great AnymoreSteaklover48Dined on 10/21/2014Disappointed in our dinner at Chamberlains. Waitress seemed to have issues at every other table but ours. So, she was constantly saying she was sorry for the slow service. It went on throughout the entire experience though. Food was average at best. Nothing spectacular at all which is what I would expect for the prices. I've had better steak at Golden Corral. There are plenty of other steak places in Dallas. I'll eat at all of them before returning to Chamberlains.
- The finest steaks & prime rib EVERjoethegent65VIPDined on 10/21/2014Wife loves the steaks , I love the fabulous prime rib....salads cool and crisp...unlimited wine and beverage selection...sides are out of this world ( I love the Asian green beans , wife loves the creamed spinach and creamed corn)....deserts to die for ( I'm cheese cake, wife coconut cream pie)....service is supernatural (Jim , the manager always makes us feel so welcome...wait and bus staff cater to your every dining need). it's a dining experience we treasure..you will too !!Special Features:
- Usually great, this time not goodhpowersDined on 10/18/2014For years it's been great. Impeccable service and terrific food. The lobster bisque is incredible. The prime rib and sole with lump crab are good. But the last two time ms I've been there I've had a bad server, both of whom resulted in a bad experience and unresolved food issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksirishfitzDined on 10/15/2014Our 22 oz Cowboy and 6oz filet steaks were super tender and delicious, the 12 oz Prime Rib was the table favorite; I'm sure we will get one or more of these cuts on our next visit. Our server, Alana, was absolutely great, she treated us like royalty. Do not miss the Creme Brûlée. Our visit was marked by good drinks, excellent food and outstanding service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Awesome came to Dallas for cotton bowl and had an excellent dinner Nice wine selection awesome foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteaklvrDined on 10/10/2014We go to Chamberlain's every OU-TX weekend and it never disappoints. The steaks are always outstanding and the service is terrific.Special Features:
- First time experienceNotSoImpressedDined on 10/10/2014Staff was professional and we enjoyed being greeted by the owner. My husband's steak was perfect and since we were celebrating his birthday I was glad. I ordered my steak medium to medium well and it came very well done, so that was a disappointment. I was looking forward to the side dish of asparagus hollandais, but the asparagus was very tough. Overall experience was so-so, I expected more wow for the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014Terrific service and excellent food. Ashley was a great server. Wine list was impressive. Also enjoyed going to the cigar bar that is attached afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBigDdinerDined on 10/6/2014We go to Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House several times a year for dinner. They never disappoint. The steaks are great, and the sea bass is really fantastic. Service is also outstanding.Special Features:
- Always a Great Steak!Dman1bDined on 10/5/2014Upon our return from Playa Del Carmen Mexico, our family was craving some great grain fed beef. Chamberlain's once again delivered above and beyond! Great service which even my 10 year old recognized, as well as a wonderful ambiance to enjoy our meal. If you are craving great steak and seafood, there are only a handful of spots in the DFW area really worth the spend.........and this is one of them. One of our regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently perfect.MikeVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great food, great staff, great wine selection. Always a perfect evening with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak & lobster in Dallasjoethegent65VIPDined on 9/27/2014Simply the finest steak and lobster tail combo in all of Dallas.cooked to perfection. Service is Supernatural starting with Jim , the Manager. We just love him...to the wait staff (ask for Ricky or Taylor) who make dinner a very special occasion ... to the bus staff who cater to your every dining need. PS- deserts to die for (I love the cheese cake, wife loves the coconut cream pie...although both are out of this world).Special Features:
- Excellent serviceanonymous49VIPDined on 9/24/2014Food was the usual steakhouse fare. Good, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, the service was outstanding. Our server, Chris, made the evening most enjoyable.Special Features:
- finest steak / lobster tail combojoethegent65VIPDined on 9/23/2014Wife and I had steak / lobster tail combo which is tuly a taste of heaven. ..salads cool crisp and colorful.....unlimited wine and beverage list...deserts to die for (I love the cheesecake, wife loves the coconut creme pie)....service is supernatural starting with Jim the Manager to the wait and bus staff that cater to our every dining need. It's a dining experience we treasure. ..Special Features:
- Awesome experienceBlondy26Dined on 9/20/2014Akin to the service you get at a 5 star hotel! Awesome food, great entertainment and we loved the cigar bar! Will be coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chamberlain's is a Classic place!PatrickDined on 9/20/2014I have been dining at Chamberlain's for years and have never been disappointed with the food, the service, or the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteRoyBoyDined on 9/19/2014We have lived in the neighborhood for over 10 years and never experienced Chamberlain's. What a loss! This has, with one evening's meal, become one of our favorite restaurants in far north Dallas. Superb service (efficient but not pretentious), great atmosphere, and great food. A great place for not only carnivores, but pescavores, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When there is nothing leftFnff3354Dined on 9/19/2014I am a filet mignon expert and junkie. It has to be lean and flavorful. When every bite is gone, I know the steak is perfect. Chamberlain's Peppercorn Filet ranks in the top 5 among the hundreds of filets I have consumed in the past 71 years. I can't think of one that I would call better. My wife feels the same about her bone in T Bone. From the Popover to the Bernaise Sauce, IMPECCABLE! A monthly stop is part of my schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatBetterDined on 9/18/2014Food was ok at best it's extremely noisy price is high for what you get. We won't go back. We will stay with three forks.Special Features: