Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
115 Cow Hill Road
Clinton, CT 06413Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chamard.com/
- Phone: 8606640299x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 12:00 - 9:00
Sunday: 11:00 - 8:00
Open Most Monday Holidays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, French American
- Executive Chef: Matthew T. Bouffard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Bistro chefs create custom Farm to Fork menus for each event.
- Entertainment: Enjoy Our Singer Songwriter Series featuring talent from the tri state area and touring artists.
Summer Schedule of Music in the Tasting Room
Friday 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Summer Schedule of Music in the Barn
Saturday 4 - 7 pm
Sunday 4 - 7 pm
A word from Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
Established in 1983, Chamard Vineyards, is one of the Connecticut Wine Trails founding fathers. Tucked between the Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River, Chamard enjoys a unique marine micro-climate ideal for growing European Vinifera vines such as Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Pinot Noir. To produce “French Inspired Wines from the Connecticut Shoreline” has been Chamards mission from the start. As a farm, Chamard honors agriculture by partnering with fellow growers and producers to pair food with wine in celebration of Connecticut’s local gastronomy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro - Best Restaurants in Clinton, CT ›
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (167)fit for foodies (122)special occasion (117)romantic (110)great for lunch (103)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (66)great for outdoor dining (63)great for brunch (41)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- good decisionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014well staffed....creative munu.....great guitar (not too loud)..views of vineyard are greatSpecial Features:
- Dinner among the VinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014Just tried Chamard Vineyard Bistro for dinner. The setting is reminiscent of Napa Valley area. The Vineyard is down a quiet street but easy access to I-95. Despite arriving after dark the vineyard was busy with workers bringing in the grapes, trying to beat an approaching fall rainstorm. The Bistro itself is small but nicely done. The menu should please any palate and you can feel comfortable ordering light fare or a full meal. The wine from the vineyard was quite nice as was the service. Make a reservation so you aren't disappointed. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Lively & deliciousFoodieLadyDined on 10/14/2014I would come here for the Brussels sprouts alone, simply delicious, crisp and flavorful. We came for Tuesday burger night special. Best burger on the best brioche roll I have ever enjoyed! Crisp & flavorful fries. The salad was a bit overdressed. Worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMJDDined on 10/11/2014Excellent experience. I toured the winery and all the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and more than willing to teach me about the different wine choices. Lunch was delicious ( i had the duck). The wait staff were very helpful in reviewing the menu with me. I would highly recommend Chamard Vineyards. It was a delightful way to spend an afternoon. I will returnSpecial Features:
- Getting better and betterneighborDined on 10/11/2014I have brought many neighbors and friends to Chamard since I started going there. The food has improved a lot in a short time since my first time there and my guests had a wonderful meal and said they wanted to come back. The service has always been very good. I recommend Chamard to my friends all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Hidden GemPerfectionDined on 10/7/2014What a gem... food was fantastic - five star restaurant off the beaten path. Love it. Ambience was romantic and beautiful. Staff was stellar and very accommodating. Food came out fast, hot and delicious. Very reasonable. I will be back often. Hidden gem... need to go here and it is a great date restaurant!!!Special Features:
- ladybug54Dined on 10/5/2014Couldn't have had a better experience. Enjoyed the wine tasting first followed by the best meal I've had in years. Home-made gnocci with their own butternut squash, brussel sprouts and mushrooms was to die for! As was the bread. Great place to spend a beautiful fall afternoon. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- One of my favorite places.MaresDined on 10/5/2014We love this place. Have never had a negative experience before. This time my medium rare duck came medium well. They were extremely gracious but I decided against having it redone. They more than made up for it. My husband's fish was delicious. Have to say, not being a french fry eater, they make the most amazing french fries in the world!Special Features:
- Perfect!MaryDined on 10/4/2014We love this place and have been a frequent customer. Everything about it is perfect. We like to go for lunch so we can take in the view of the vineyard. If you like a creative meal, good wine and a view, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- susanDined on 10/3/2014This was my second visit to Chamard Bistro. As with my first visit, my food and wine were excellent. I ordered the croque madame and pomme fritte, while my companion had the burger. All were amazing! My only quibble is that they seemed to be understaffed for the level of business they were doing on a Friday night, and there were three different server visits but no one took our drink orders. Other than that, a successful evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing eveningCheersDined on 10/3/2014Great place to unwind after a long week. Simple yet delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchneighborDined on 10/1/2014The food was excellent and the service consistently good, friendly, accurate. NO flies this time!! Great! Keep up the god work! I am bringing more friends who have not been to your place next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kontikiDined on 9/30/2014We're addicted to the grass-fed beef burger; a beautiful relaxed setting on an award-winning vineyard right in our own backyard!Special Features:
- Great Food!MaremmDined on 9/29/2014My third time dining here, and have enjoyed every meal. This time I had the burger and it was one of the best I have ever had. Juicy, full of flavor and with interesting embellishments. Everyone in my group really enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- Great food but slow servicepinch2Dined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed a leisurely meal on a Sunday afternoon but did not expect to sit down at 5 pm and not leave for about 2 1/2 hours later. It was good not to be rushed but still...Special Features:
- What a day!!!FrogQueenDined on 9/28/2014We cannot believe that we didn't know how close; this place existed. It's like French Tuscany(we just don't know France like we know Italy-lol). The grounds are gorgeous, there are vines as far as the eye can see, my husband drinks and loved all Of the homemade wines. It was his birthday and I found this rest on opentable-love opentable!!! They gave us a special table in the main restaurant(there is also a bar, bistro and outdoor area). Our table was two cigar chairs at a table, so comfy and special; the views, the artwork was amazing-from a local gallery. But the food-Lord! Run don't walk-make sure you have the Camembert in phyllo with salted caramel and apples, clam soup, frisée salad, pork chops, duck then French coffee and dessert! Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotneighborDined on 9/27/2014It is a great spot to bring friends who have not been there. The presentation of the dishes makes them special. The staff is always friendly and superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portmaiDined on 9/24/2014I was at the vineyard with two friends for lunch and we all enjoyed it immensely. The choices on the menu and the wine list were interesting so making a choice was difficult. When are food and wine arrived it was excellent. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Just OKZiggythefoodieDined on 9/20/2014The setting is fabulous, but the food was nothing special,Special Features:
- Fabulous time!lovetowineDined on 9/20/2014I have often thought about going to a CT vineyard, but just never did it. I am so glad that Chamard Vineyard was my first choice. Absolutely loved it!! The setting is beautiful and the food was excellent!! I have my son's wedding coming up in the next year or so and am thinking about possibly using the vineyard for a bridal shower or luncheon. Very, very enjoyable. Will be back next year for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Took out of town friends on Fri. Night. Negative first impression, mega-loud music from bar and dirty windows throughout restaurant. Friends were satisfied with dinner. My cod was only so so and quinoa was cold underneath. Didn't complain so as not to hold up rest of my party. Waitress was attentive and courteous.
- disapointedbobfDined on 9/19/2014did not have a pleasant experience,service, food quality not up to par..wine was fineSpecial Features:
- MLPmarypDined on 9/19/2014Relaxed, cozy atmosphere and unique setting. Menu is varied to please all tastes.Special Features:
- Forgetful experience22albanyDined on 9/14/2014Visiting the vineyard formed part of our planned USA East-Coast vacation, we were so disappointed with the "Chamard Vinevard Farm Winery Bistro" The restaurant was poorly staffed. We asked for a bottle of the Chardonnay and to be told they did not have any??? what a joke!!!! The meal was poor, meat medium-rare, but was rare with a dollop of veg on the side Only bistro I have visited where the customers receive a fly swatter...honestly.......... "Bug Zapper Racket" disgusting
- LOVED IT!pickyfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Overall a wonderful experience. It was our 25th anniversary, we wanted to do something special and we love Napa, CA. The atmosphere was so inviting/different for CT, bartender was super welcoming and informative. The food, WOW, (we are food snobs), and as the menu was a bit limited for some people (I like that), but each and every dish was a little different, interesting and five star delicious. I had the chatham cod, and it was one of the best cod dishes I've ever had. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Right in my backyard!EmptynestersDined on 9/13/2014I thought the Bistro was fantastic!!! I took my husband out to celebrate my new job and we both loved our meal. Great choices and the view is beautiful. We live in Clinton and finally got a chance to enjoy something so close to home.Special Features:
- Delightful!VictoriaDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time to a winery and what a fantastic experience. The place was gorgeous, the staff friendly and knowlegable, the wine and food were delicious. We visited the tasting room after dinner. Again, beautiful room, fun/friendly staff, delicious wine. I am definately recommending to family and friends and will visit again. We drove from Hartford area and it was worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- biscuit2Dined on 9/12/2014We absolutely loved our lunch at Chamard Vineyards. It was a special birthday and was the perfect place for the celebration. We couldn't have been more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Beautiful setting, interesting local food, nice staff.Special Features:
- Great placeLuvinitDined on 9/6/2014In one word.....Awesome! Can't wait for next time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My party of 4 had an outstanding time. We did a wine tasting with Bob (who we adored), walked the beatiful grounds, and had a wonderful meal (burger was great!). Overall a wonderful experience and cannot wait to visit again from Stamford.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014Staff was friendly, helpful and engaging without being intrusive. Food was delicious. Wine bottles were reasonably priced. The location makes the experience of dining there very special.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchfoodloverayDined on 8/31/2014We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and couldn't have enjoyed it more. Excellent food and great service.Special Features:
- GemBeachncountryDined on 8/30/2014The food was amazing and well presented. The menu and specials all sounded so mouthwatering that it was difficult to choose. We must come back. The staff was friendy and charming and went the extra mile. The restaurant is also a 2 and 3-d art gallery. The gardens and grounds are beautiful. I loved the barrel strip sculptures. The outdoor barn with live music was charming and the entertainment was fun and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star menuThewhinywinoDined on 8/30/2014Chamard is a beautiful, romantic setting great for couples. The wine is good and the service is quick and friendly. The food is amazing, with presentation like something on TV. Books up fast however so I highly recommend making reservations. Also a little expensive, so definitely bring your wallet. The scenery is unbelievable, if you have a high end camera this is the place to bring it. All and all, a great place to spend a day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting!LLGUESVIPDined on 8/30/2014The bistro's setting among the vines is really lovely, with creative, barrel-inspired decor and a very nice layout. It was a great way to try the wines. The French fries were among the best I've ever had, amazing and worth getting no matter what else you order. The rest of the menu seemed a little uneven -- skip the Grilled Cheese and the Curried Gnocchi. The Melon Salad and the Grilled Flatbread were both very good.Special Features:
- Great spotneighborDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress, Lindsay, suggested a cheese platter and it was excellent. We tried 3 different desserts and they were all very good. The meat in the hamburger is tasty. Your salads are excellent. My guests thought the white wine they had were good too. Chamard is our "go to" place now. We were at Chamard on a Saturday lunch and it was busy hence the noise level was high and there was no way one end of a table for 6 can hear what was being said on the other end of the table. That is a drawback.Special Features:
- Another excellent meal....CarolMDined on 8/29/2014Met a friend for dinner on the Friday before Labor Day. Restaurant and tasting room were very busy. Food was again outstanding. My friend had the tuna special appetizer and found it very flavorful. I had the bibb lettuce and beet salad, which was great. We both had the striped bass entree with a yogurt cucumber finish. Fish was excellent and the sauce was especially tasty. The wine, of course, was great. Another great meal at Chamard Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kontikiDined on 8/29/2014Chamard has become our new favorite place for lunch; the grass-fed beef is the best ever, and the truffle frites are addictive. Our server is friendly and knowledgeable. The Chamard Bistro is like being transported to Napa Valley, and it's right in our own backyard.Special Features:
- "A Little Piece of Italy"Liv2EatDined on 8/28/2014It felt as though you entered into another world. A scene from the movie "Letters to Juliet" when finding the vineyard. Loved the food, loved the staff and loved the service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.