Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
115 Cow Hill Road
Clinton, CT 06413Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chamard.com/
- Phone: (860) 664-0299
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 12:00 - 9:00
Sunday: 11:00 - 8:00
Open Most Monday Holidays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, French American
- Executive Chef: Matthew T. Bouffard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Bistro chefs create custom Farm to Fork menus for each event.
- Entertainment: Enjoy Our Singer Songwriter Series featuring talent from the tri state area and touring artists.
Summer Schedule of Music in the Tasting Room
Friday 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Summer Schedule of Music in the Barn
Saturday 4 - 7 pm
Sunday 4 - 7 pm
A word from Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
Established in 1983, Chamard Vineyards, is one of the Connecticut Wine Trails founding fathers. Tucked between the Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River, Chamard enjoys a unique marine micro-climate ideal for growing European Vinifera vines such as Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Pinot Noir. To produce “French Inspired Wines from the Connecticut Shoreline” has been Chamards mission from the start. As a farm, Chamard honors agriculture by partnering with fellow growers and producers to pair food with wine in celebration of Connecticut’s local gastronomy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro - Best Restaurants in Clinton, CT ›
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (173)fit for foodies (141)special occasion (122)romantic (117)great for lunch (110)notable wine list (87)neighborhood gem (80)good for groups (69)great for outdoor dining (61)great for brunch (48)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Took my mother for a birthday lunch on a Sunday. Made reservations in advance. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!FranDined on 11/18/2014First visit. Food outstanding, wonderful ambiance and delightful staff. Will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!KimCVIPDined on 11/18/2014What a great find! Beautiful location, wonderful food and attentive service! What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Setting!OliveDined on 11/15/2014My husband took me to Chamard vineyard to celebrate my birthday. First, we did a tasting and then went over to the Bistro for dinner. The service and wine in the tasting room was great! The food was delicious! I had the Bibb salad with roasted beets and the flatbread. My husband had the burger and fries. We both enjoyed our meals and the service was excellent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Lovely.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My Husband and I went here for a day date (if you have children, you will understand you have to take alone time when you can get it!). The food was excellent, wine was very good. Clean and stylish décor. The only trouble we ran into was our waiter...he sort-of abandoned us. We wanted to try a few of the 2 oz. varieties of their wines during our lunch but after we ordered one....he didn't come back until we were finished eating everything. We actually had to flag him down (the third time trying) after staring directly at him to get his attention he came over. Otherwise, we would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Works - fantastic food, service, atmospheretophordDined on 11/14/2014We had a fantastic meal and outstanding service. We had reservations for dinner during a weekend getaway (from New York) and could not possibly have been more pleased with the experience. From great wine, to the several perfectly cooked, delicious and impeccably timed courses, to the extraordinary service (friendly, thoughtful, and genuine) and a refined but comfortable atmosphere – our dining experience at Chamard was a highlight of our trip. I've since been, and will continue to, recommend Chamard for anyone stopping through the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent - simply excellenttodezafrDined on 11/12/2014everything was for a good time - food - wine (Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc) and the people working were helpful and fun as though they enjoyed doing what they were doing. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseLeeleeDined on 11/10/2014Close to a busy outlet, the winery and Bistro offers a hidden pastoral retreat. We enjoyed our lunch overlooking the rolling hills of the vineyard. The food was delicious with a fresh, creative slant on their salads and entrees. It was November, but we could see the gardens where they grow fresh produce for many of the menu choices. The tasting room/bar was lovely with windows and a deck overlooking a fountain in a large pond and vineyards all around. Beneath the restaurant is the cellar where they were creating one of their delicious wines. I will definitely return to spend some time sampling more of the wines. Overall, a lovely surprise of a hidden gem, with lovely ambience and delicious food and wine.Special Features:
- Delightful afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We spent a warm, sunny November Sunday afternoon in the tasting room and at a table in the dining room for an early dinner. Cooper, our waiter, was phenomenal -- very personable and knowledgeable about the menu. For starters we shared the cheese plate, which was delicious; 3 out of 4 of us had the Croque Madame, which was to die for; and 1 of us had the burger, which was delicious as well. We all shared the creme brulee for dessert and almost licked the dish it was so good. We will be back again hopefully very soon!Special Features:
- We had a very tasty lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The service was good , wine was lovely the outdoor terrace was a pleasure for our after lunch port(also yummy) all in all we would go back anytime and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!PiddlepatDined on 11/8/2014Went for lunch on Sat. Perfect from strat to finishSpecial Features:
- Excellent food in a unique setting4foodiesDined on 11/7/2014We always have a great time at chamard. The chef always prepares unique special entrees and the server Morgan is the best. We have eaten there many many times and the only dissapointment has ever been that the food was lukewarm once and the creme brûlée too crispy. The French fries and burger are the best you will ever have. The cod, duck and rib eye are also favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE Enjoyed Itjscs1Dined on 11/6/2014We were very happy with our visit and meal. The wine, app, and meal were very tasty and well prepared. Service was good as well. Would recommend the Bistro for comfortable seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoon, wining and diningChefMikeDined on 11/2/2014We started out with the $10, 5 wine sampler in the tasting room. It 's a nice sized room with a knowledgable staff that were all enthusiastic about their jobs. On a warmer day it would've been spectacular to hang on the patio overlooking the vineyard. We then moved into the dining room for quite a memorable meal. Started with the Mache salad with pecans. I explained my gluten free requirements to the waiter and was knowledgable enough with the menu to give quite a few recommendations. I opted for the duck breast with wild rice and sauteed spinach. Perfect! All stocks and sauces are made from scratch- no gluten! Tables are a little too close together but everyone is friendly and it turned into a nice family style party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and winearnieVIPDined on 11/1/2014The wine list has improved a lot over last year, food is good and consistent. the service in the tasting room leaves a little bit to be desired. overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodDanTheMan123Dined on 11/1/2014Not only was the tour very nice, but the servers went above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience. The food was incredible and not overpriced. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Soooooo goodTuckermanDined on 10/30/2014I had been wanting to try the Bistro after having been to the tasting room several times. It did not disappoint. The service award great and the bistro was very pretty. But the food was delicious. My friend and I got a burger and the croque. Delicious. They both came with a side salad that was perfectly dressed and a nice change from the usual skimpy salad you get at other places as a substitute for fries. Of course, we did get a side of frites. These could have been a little crispier but the flavor was nice. Can't wait to go back and try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outthoughtfuldiningDined on 10/30/2014Love that I can get a table reservation online. Always love the food and the service is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Had a lovely time in a beautiful ambiance. Our server in the tasting room was knowledgeable and helpful; our meal in the bistro was absolutely delicious. It was a Wednesday night, and it was not terribly busy, but it was cozy and a wonderful experience. Everyone we came in contact with was a delight. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Excellent!!WineODined on 10/28/2014This was my second visit to the winery for my daughter's 21st birthday, it was incredible! The food is fantastic!Special Features:
- Great spotneighborDined on 10/28/2014You have a unique spot along the shoreline and I have been introducing it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary !CaityDined on 10/26/2014Our overall experience was amazing. The wine tasting was great, the bar tender gave us our space and we were able to have a conversation while sipping on delicious wines. After the wine tasting we sat outside and watches the sun set over the vineyard. It was geourgous. When it was time we went in the the restaurant and had the most delicious meal I've ever had. It is on the pricey side but so worth the money!! It was a perfect place to celebrate out anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely scenery, excellent food.nicevariety2choosefromDined on 10/26/2014Great place to hook up with friends. Convenient location and easy to get to. The grapes smell great as soon as you enter the driveway and that smell enhances the dining experience.Special Features:
- Service AWFULSpirosherosDined on 10/26/2014I took my mom there for her birthday, we had been there about a month ago for a tasting after a long hiatus of not going and thought the wines were excellent and wanted to try the bistro. I made a reservation and we showed up 1/2 hour early so we could do another tasting but the tasting room was jam packed. Great for Chamard, not so much for us so we asked if we could be seated early. Not a problem. The waiter came over with the water right away and we read our menus, gave him our order and then proceeded to wait 20 minutes for our wine! My mothers wine glass sat empty and I had to flag him down the third time he walked by. Finally we gave up on dessert and for him to come back for my cc and paid up front. We'll be back for wine not food!Special Features:
- Great food! great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Our group of six had a wonderful time at Chamard Bistro. Our server was very attentive and knowledeable and the food (appetizers, dinner and dessert) was all outstanding and very well presented. The wine was delicious, very smooth!Special Features:
- Amazing EveningRichDined on 10/24/2014We had a party of 6 for dinner. Enjoyed a great tasting before dinner. The meals were all amazing. We enjoyed crab cakes, cheese, fruit & cured meats before dinner. Cod stuffed w crab, braised short ribs. The only ok meal was the ribeye. The grounds outside are beautiful. We enjoyed a sunset over the pond during our tasting. Incredibly reasonable $$ for the eveningSpecial Features:
- A True Gem!FoodiedocDined on 10/24/2014This was our first trip to Chamard and won't be our last. From the moment you drive up the feel of the place is cozy and friendly. The grounds are beautiful, and they have done an overall lovely job with creating an atmosphere that rivals Napa or Tuscany. The meals at the bistro - outstanding, and the cod dish is now on my list of 10 top meals anywhere in the world. The gnocchi was also a winner. Some downsides- a very loud group next to our table made it difficult to carry on a conversation. The banquette benches are a nice touch, but need cushions for true dining comfort. Their wines are not the best (though the merlot is excellent), and they are the only wines featured on the menu. But none of these things will prevent a return trip!Special Features:
- HeavenlyDCEBDined on 10/24/2014I joined four friends at Chamard for lunch. All aspects of our event were FABULOUS: *Wine was delicious *Pomme frites are a MUST HAVE *Luncheon items were perfectly prepared *Service was excellent We'll be back!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!RovR1Dined on 10/22/2014Fabulous food, great wine and a scenic view that rivals the ones I have visited in France and Italy!! A Hidden GEM!!!Special Features:
- Formidable!leprofesseurDined on 10/21/2014A great place at moderate cost for a significant evening. Wonderful food although by the end we were overwhelmed by the burger and fries; nevertheless, it was delicious. Salad dressing could have used a bit more zing but that's a very minor complaint in light of a great experience.Special Features:
- Local vineyardBesitoBestDined on 10/20/2014Usually I'm raving about the food at Chamard, but this time it was just ok. I decided to try something new, but should have stuck with my favorite go-to on the menu. They did give us a discount for our anniversary, so that was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014We stopped here after a visit to the Mohegan Sun. It is a minute from the Premium Outlets in Clinton. The wine tasting included 7 wines, which were wonderful. The homemade gnocchi and the grassfed hamburger were delicious. The vista is surrounded by trees with beautiful colors. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great experienceSharAgDined on 10/19/2014Great food, great service, great staff, great place!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic!neyney1221Dined on 10/18/2014I wish we'd known how great the Bistro was sooner, we've been missing out! The food was fantastic, the staff in the tasting room and the Bistro were very helpful and knowledgeable. The food was fantastic and creative. Wine was very good! And the walk around the property afterward was just the way to end out visit. Loved it!Special Features:
- V gd food & service in fine settingDineInStyleDined on 10/18/2014Very helpful staff who had no problem finding me a table 30 mins earlier than my booking. The clam chowder was excellent, both in presentation and taste. The chicken entrée was very good and all accompanied by a very tasty Pinot Noir wine. The staff were very attentive and helpful. Only down-side was the high noise level but this was probably just down to the fact that everyone was having a very good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good decisionlastminuteDined on 10/17/2014well staffed....creative munu.....great guitar (not too loud)..views of vineyard are greatSpecial Features:
- Dinner among the VinesSIOReatsDined on 10/15/2014Just tried Chamard Vineyard Bistro for dinner. The setting is reminiscent of Napa Valley area. The Vineyard is down a quiet street but easy access to I-95. Despite arriving after dark the vineyard was busy with workers bringing in the grapes, trying to beat an approaching fall rainstorm. The Bistro itself is small but nicely done. The menu should please any palate and you can feel comfortable ordering light fare or a full meal. The wine from the vineyard was quite nice as was the service. Make a reservation so you aren't disappointed. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Lively & deliciousFoodieLadyDined on 10/14/2014I would come here for the Brussels sprouts alone, simply delicious, crisp and flavorful. We came for Tuesday burger night special. Best burger on the best brioche roll I have ever enjoyed! Crisp & flavorful fries. The salad was a bit overdressed. Worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMJDDined on 10/11/2014Excellent experience. I toured the winery and all the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and more than willing to teach me about the different wine choices. Lunch was delicious ( i had the duck). The wait staff were very helpful in reviewing the menu with me. I would highly recommend Chamard Vineyards. It was a delightful way to spend an afternoon. I will returnSpecial Features:
- Getting better and betterneighborDined on 10/11/2014I have brought many neighbors and friends to Chamard since I started going there. The food has improved a lot in a short time since my first time there and my guests had a wonderful meal and said they wanted to come back. The service has always been very good. I recommend Chamard to my friends all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.