Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
115 Cow Hill Road
Clinton, CT 06413Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chamard.com/
- Phone: 8606640299x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 12:00 - 9:00
Sunday: 11:00 - 8:00
Open Most Monday Holidays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, French American
- Executive Chef: Matthew T. Bouffard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Bistro chefs create custom Farm to Fork menus for each event.
- Entertainment: Enjoy Our Singer Songwriter Series featuring talent from the tri state area and touring artists.
Summer Schedule of Music in the Tasting Room
Friday 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Summer Schedule of Music in the Barn
Saturday 4 - 7 pm
Sunday 4 - 7 pm
A word from Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro
Established in 1983, Chamard Vineyards, is one of the Connecticut Wine Trails founding fathers. Tucked between the Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River, Chamard enjoys a unique marine micro-climate ideal for growing European Vinifera vines such as Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Pinot Noir. To produce “French Inspired Wines from the Connecticut Shoreline” has been Chamards mission from the start. As a farm, Chamard honors agriculture by partnering with fellow growers and producers to pair food with wine in celebration of Connecticut’s local gastronomy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro - Best Restaurants in Clinton, CT ›
Chamard Vineyards, Farm Winery Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (170)fit for foodies (122)special occasion (113)great for lunch (110)romantic (110)notable wine list (95)neighborhood gem (76)good for groups (63)great for outdoor dining (60)great for brunch (37)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- LOVED IT!pickyfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Overall a wonderful experience. It was our 25th anniversary, we wanted to do something special and we love Napa, CA. The atmosphere was so inviting/different for CT, bartender was super welcoming and informative. The food, WOW, (we are food snobs), and as the menu was a bit limited for some people (I like that), but each and every dish was a little different, interesting and five star delicious. I had the chatham cod, and it was one of the best cod dishes I've ever had. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Delightful!VictoriaDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time to a winery and what a fantastic experience. The place was gorgeous, the staff friendly and knowlegable, the wine and food were delicious. We visited the tasting room after dinner. Again, beautiful room, fun/friendly staff, delicious wine. I am definately recommending to family and friends and will visit again. We drove from Hartford area and it was worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- biscuit2Dined on 9/12/2014We absolutely loved our lunch at Chamard Vineyards. It was a special birthday and was the perfect place for the celebration. We couldn't have been more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Beautiful setting, interesting local food, nice staff.Special Features:
- Great placeLuvinitDined on 9/6/2014In one word.....Awesome! Can't wait for next time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My party of 4 had an outstanding time. We did a wine tasting with Bob (who we adored), walked the beatiful grounds, and had a wonderful meal (burger was great!). Overall a wonderful experience and cannot wait to visit again from Stamford.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014Staff was friendly, helpful and engaging without being intrusive. Food was delicious. Wine bottles were reasonably priced. The location makes the experience of dining there very special.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchfoodloverayDined on 8/31/2014We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and couldn't have enjoyed it more. Excellent food and great service.Special Features:
- GemBeachncountryDined on 8/30/2014The food was amazing and well presented. The menu and specials all sounded so mouthwatering that it was difficult to choose. We must come back. The staff was friendy and charming and went the extra mile. The restaurant is also a 2 and 3-d art gallery. The gardens and grounds are beautiful. I loved the barrel strip sculptures. The outdoor barn with live music was charming and the entertainment was fun and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star menuThewhinywinoDined on 8/30/2014Chamard is a beautiful, romantic setting great for couples. The wine is good and the service is quick and friendly. The food is amazing, with presentation like something on TV. Books up fast however so I highly recommend making reservations. Also a little expensive, so definitely bring your wallet. The scenery is unbelievable, if you have a high end camera this is the place to bring it. All and all, a great place to spend a day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting!LLGUESVIPDined on 8/30/2014The bistro's setting among the vines is really lovely, with creative, barrel-inspired decor and a very nice layout. It was a great way to try the wines. The French fries were among the best I've ever had, amazing and worth getting no matter what else you order. The rest of the menu seemed a little uneven -- skip the Grilled Cheese and the Curried Gnocchi. The Melon Salad and the Grilled Flatbread were both very good.Special Features:
- Great spotneighborDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress, Lindsay, suggested a cheese platter and it was excellent. We tried 3 different desserts and they were all very good. The meat in the hamburger is tasty. Your salads are excellent. My guests thought the white wine they had were good too. Chamard is our "go to" place now. We were at Chamard on a Saturday lunch and it was busy hence the noise level was high and there was no way one end of a table for 6 can hear what was being said on the other end of the table. That is a drawback.Special Features:
- Another excellent meal....CarolMDined on 8/29/2014Met a friend for dinner on the Friday before Labor Day. Restaurant and tasting room were very busy. Food was again outstanding. My friend had the tuna special appetizer and found it very flavorful. I had the bibb lettuce and beet salad, which was great. We both had the striped bass entree with a yogurt cucumber finish. Fish was excellent and the sauce was especially tasty. The wine, of course, was great. Another great meal at Chamard Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kontikiDined on 8/29/2014Chamard has become our new favorite place for lunch; the grass-fed beef is the best ever, and the truffle frites are addictive. Our server is friendly and knowledgeable. The Chamard Bistro is like being transported to Napa Valley, and it's right in our own backyard.Special Features:
- "A Little Piece of Italy"Liv2EatDined on 8/28/2014It felt as though you entered into another world. A scene from the movie "Letters to Juliet" when finding the vineyard. Loved the food, loved the staff and loved the service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!JanMDined on 8/27/2014Our group of three was visiting for dinner for the first time -- and loved the experience! Although the menu is quite limited (and the only disappointment was that there were no shellfish or pasta entree offerings - the mac&cheese was great as an appetizer), everything we had was absolutely delicious, from appetizers and salads to entrees (we ordered the duck, pork chop, and cod -- all excellent and beautifully plated) to incredibly decadent desserts. We complemented our meals with Chamard wines (a merlot and a 'cool, crisp white,' both very satisfying). Service was great and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Time Gemwine1Dined on 8/26/2014Usually go there for lunch. The burger is outstanding as is the grilled cheese and mac and cheese. Each comes with a nice salad. An order of pommes frites tops any of them off. And of course a glass of wine makes the meal.Special Features:
- Great findSmileyleapyr64Dined on 8/26/2014This was a spur of the moment find and the amazed us. Ambiance, charm, delicious. We will be making many return trips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine paired with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Awesome ambiance. Great food. Steak was perfect and chicken succulent. Wine was excellent. Recommend doing a tasting and then dinner-helps you decide wine for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like I was in a CA VineyarderinseileDined on 8/24/2014Nice choice of different food plates; limited wine list due to fact you can only purchase their wines. Unfortunately 2 in our group were not wine drinkers! My bad.Special Features:
- Something different in CTneighborDined on 8/21/2014This is something different for this area. The view of the vineyards is green and serene, a great spot for lunch with friends which is what we are going to do more of. If you could create a cool, breezy, pretty, shady spot closer to nature for eating outdoors, it would be even better. One of our guest said your hamburger is the best he has ever had. I had a melted cheese sandwich which could use some fancying up with little effort (sour dough bread, a little more crunch perhaps?) or a special salad with a mix of fruits and greens would be great as an option.Special Features:
- LunchthegirlsdayoutDined on 8/17/2014We have dined at Chamard's before and have always had a great experience. The staff is accommodating, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxed. We usually use your location as a meeting place as we are all coming from different directions. I drive from Woodstock CT. which is an hour and a half away, but lunch at Chamard's is worth the trip. I do want to say that this last experience was wonderful. Our waitress took very good care of us. She was accommodating to any of the special requests that we requested and was available without being overbearing. I wish I had paid attention when she told us her name. I would have liked to specifically mention her in this review. It is safe to say we are all looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spot for lunch or dinnerGuilfordCTDined on 8/16/2014Lovely setting. Professional wait staff. Wonderful selections and presentation. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Vineyard DiningSusydVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed a pleasant evening at Chamard Vineyards recently. We arrived early, so we had a tasting while waiting for our table. We heard a good guitarist, and enjoyed sitting out on the back deck, overlooking the vineyard. The dining room was hopping, but our server was very attentive. The food was good---however, my pork chop was a bit dry. My husband's fish dish was excellent. Would definitely try them again.Special Features:
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Love the place, excellent food. wines are good, not enough of them, and wish they had a full bar. Wish they were open more, and ran it like a restaurant more, and less like an add on to the winery.Special Features:
- Good Wine...good foodCustomerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Suggest doing side-by-sides of the 2-oz glasses of both the whites and the reds with food. Food done beautifully and presented professionally. Wine very good. A little disappointing that most of the wines are not 100% CT grapes. The merlot, while good, is 100% California juice. Why bother? But overall experience very good.Special Features:
- Great lunch with family!sweetpea0823Dined on 8/10/2014I visited Chamard this past weekend and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, extremely fresh with a creative menu. The wine was very good, and the setting was beautiful, from the ambience of the indoor dining room to the patio and grounds outside. The drive in to the vineyard is lined with grapevines, labeled with the variety in each section. It is a gorgeous and fitting entry to the establishment. The only thing I would change is the lack of shade options on the patio - the sun was direct and quite hot, and there were no umbrellas or awnings to provide shade.Special Features:
- Great place to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Chamard Vineyard is just amazing. It is definitely the right place to go with your significant other. The atmosphere is very pleasant, so romantic!Special Features:
- Unpleasant eveningGingerVIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I had been there twice before, one time for lunch, then for wine and cheese with friends another time. Both times were pleasant. This time, we came with our family to celebrate a birthday. The tables are set up right next to each other in a row. The table next to us was so roudy that the noise level was deafening. We asked to be moved. They would not or could not do it. We could not wait to get out. Food was fair but was a very unpleasant experience and we will not return. The restaurant never picks up the phone. Messages have to be left and it always takes a couple of days for them to return the call. Was definitely not worth the trip (over an hour's drive).
- WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The wines are very good. The 2 oz. option is nice because you can try different varieties with your meal if you wish.Special Features:
- perfectmmrugsDined on 8/7/2014A perfect and relaxed evening with friends. Exceptional food and amazingly great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okLauraDined on 8/7/2014This was a return visit. Was much better service the first time, and it wasn't crowded on this visit. I felt a bit ignored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had a lovely dinner. Food was superb. Very nice portions, very well seasoned and done exactly to our liking. We did have quit a bit of a wait until our main course was served. We questioned our server - who was very sweet- and she explained that many times orders are placed in the kitchen at the same time. Right after that, she brought us bread which was excellent. Within a short time, our plates were presented to us. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Beautiful and very gooddinnerreviewDined on 8/5/2014Really nice setting. We arrived early and walked around and had a glass and of wine outside on the deck of the tasting room. The house decor in the entrance and tasting room is very winery vintage and pretty. The bistro area was more modern which was a bit of a disappointment and the tables are close together and no views of the vineyard. We actual preferred the tasting room charm and views. The food was wonderful and cooked and presented beautifully. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Venue to enjoy!FrankDined on 8/3/2014How nice it is to be able to have a very local restaurant! The site is lovely, in the middle of the vineyard. The menu has seasonal specials and regular items. Much of their produce comes from their garden or other local gardens so it can't get much fresher. Hopefully they will be able to offer a larger selection of their own wines, and it would be nice if they could offer locally brewed beers as an alternative to the wine list. Service is pleasant and not hurried.Special Features:
- Well done!JosephDined on 8/3/2014I want to thank Carianne and the rest of the staff at Chamard for making my Mom's birthday extra special! The food was fantastic and was only out done by the service. If you are looking for a place for a romantic dinner or to celebrate a special occasion, Chamard is it. Make a reservation, but get there early for a wine tasting in the barn or the main tasting room. Chamard is an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good find!CarolMDined on 8/2/2014When Bistro Chamard first opened, we found the menu uninspiring. But having received an email about weekend specials that looked enticing, we decided to give it a try. Great place! Food is interesting, very flavorful, and delicious. Some of the little touches (the bleu cheese in my husband's salad) were spectacular choices. We will put this on our regular rotation of special restaurants on the Shoreline.Special Features:
- Great find in CTKathyDined on 8/2/2014I love to visit local wineries but CT has limited growing for grapes therefore limited wine selection. Chamard sources grapes from CA and has a great variety of wines. The restaurant was pretty and the food delicious. I will definitely be returning and may even consider joining their wine club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bistro!Out4DinnerDined on 8/1/2014We first went to Chamard for the wine and quickly learned that we should also being going there for the food. The bistro is fabulous. We've eaten here several times and will keep going back. Everything on the menu exceeds expectations - and the wines are wonderful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatmalbardaDined on 8/1/2014We were with a party of three, of which one who was 13. This is probably not a place that kids/teens will enjoy; the menu and ambiance is probably a little too sophisticated for their taste. We ordered the pork chop (great flavors but a LOT of fat which could have been just my cut), the Croque Madam (thumbs up), the burger (tasted VERY charred, even to my tastebuds), two sides of fries (excellent) and for starters we shared the smoked warm salmon and cold charcuterie plate (both were plentiful and very good). Service started very slow but was good once it got going.Special Features: