Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
3008 Finley Rd.
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chamagaucha.com/
- Phone: (630) 324-6002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nelcir Muller 2102679022
A word from Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Chama Gaucha invites you to come and have a taste of southern Brazil… Featuring 14 different cuts of meat from lamb, chicken, pork and beef served to you table side upon your request. Also offering an exquisite salad bar with over 30 items, from fresh vegetables, to house made salads, and gourmet cheeses. Along with your meal are traditional Brazilian side dishes. Our famous Brazilian cheese bread, garlic mash pototoes, fried banana, fried polenta, white rice, and black beans. All served to your hearts content. Come visit us and have a taste of southern Brazil!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downers Grove ›
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)good for groups (85)fit for foodies (61)romantic (48)notable wine list (43)kid-friendly (28)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (21)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- The food was excellent and plentiful!!MikeVIPDined on 11/22/2014The food starting with the salad bar was fresh and very well kept up! The drink option were excellent especially the Caipirinha's!! And the dinner was nothing short of excellent. The food just keeps coming. Go hungry and leave very full. Leave room for dessert and an after dinner drink of Licor 43!! Lastly, I can't give a higher rating for the service which was incredible!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean, Friendly and very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014it is just the "BEST" food and service I have ever had!!! The staff was very friendly also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Honestly, I had the best service that I've ever had in a restaurant here. Worth every penny I spent. We celebrated my boyfriend's 21st birthday there and it was spectacular!! Extremely courteous staff, food was perfection (sides and meat) my water never went below half full in my glass before it was refilled, the staff remembered to come back to our table since we requested 'well done' meat. My chair was pushed in for me anytime I got up then sat down, table cleaned off every few minutes, sides refilled without asking, nice scenery. Go here. You will not regret it!!! Oh and bring your appetite! ($45 a person about but soo worth it!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMick569Dined on 11/19/2014Everyone was very helpful and prompt. However, when we were seated, we asked for rice and beans and did not receive it. Overall, we were happy with the service and the food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. incredible service.AMR71VIPDined on 11/17/2014We love this restaurant. This is our go to spot for special occasions. Better than a traditional steakhouse because you can try 12 different cuts of meat/steak for the same price. And their service and attention make everyone feel like they're a VIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Not only was the service exceptional, the food was at another level of excellence! Highly recommend for all occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meat . Style that I love..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Eat as you can style .. The meat was the most delicious I had ever tast in my life!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllanDined on 11/15/2014Excellent service all around. Food was delicious and unique. A credit to the bar-tending staff for their craft and skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, the lamb was amazingWorkingfortheweekendDined on 11/12/2014Just tried this place on a lark. I am not a big meat eater, but the folks I was dining with were in the mood for steak, so I thought I would give this a try. I was amazed by the salad bar, and by the food offered at the table. It was a lot of fun, and the wine list was amazing. I plan on bringing my team back for a Christmas dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Brazilian SteakhouseKazeVIPDined on 11/12/2014Comparably priced to any high end steakhouse. The staff is very knowledgeable regarding the food as well as drinks and wines. The salad bar was excellent an thankfully the meats were not over salted. We had a large group (business) and they were very accommodating. I would definitely go back either personal or business.I would recommend this to a friend.
- migfisDined on 11/8/2014Chama Gaucha ROCKS!!!! The food and service were A+. I woud not hesitate returning to have either lunch or dinner in this amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceLynnDined on 11/5/2014We celebrated our anniversary here. We had the best experience. The food was amazing and the service was out of this world! Definitely will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah-mazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014The food was fantastic and so was the service. We will definitely go back, again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service great foodDewiVIPDined on 11/2/2014food is wonderful. bottom sirloin was my favorite. service was top notch too. plus i love the pastry/bread filled with cheese. i had 3 orders of these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar service was poorGonzalez4305Dined on 11/1/2014Except for the bat service, the rest of the service was great. Waited for our table and walked up to the bar for a drink while we waited. The bartender Oscar looked at my husband and I several times but never acknowledged us, after 15 minutes we left the bar...luckily our table was ready. The food and other services made up what lacked at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJfavsDined on 11/1/2014Excellent food and service!! It was THE BEST!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!krs6774Dined on 11/1/2014We enjoy this restaurant so much, we had our wedding celebration dinner here. Food is excellent and you will never leave hungry. On our last visit, we did receive less then stellar service. There was a problem bringing my bottle of wine from the bar. A drink ordered at the bar took a very long time to get to the table. Our plates were not changed out often. The server kept reaching across the table. Our table was not cleared of crumbs. The gauchos didn't notice our green cards after we had our red cards up. Many of these were only noticed because of the exceptional service we have received during previous visits. All in all, cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovebeerVIPDined on 10/31/2014The filet was absolutely wonderful as well as all of their offeringsSpecial Features:
- Great EveningJakeDined on 10/29/2014Attended with some fun people and as always the gaucha provide an amazing feeling of being waited on. Our waiter was superb with recommendations and friendliness without being overbearing. Every variety of meat was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014this is one of the beat steak houses I have ever been inSpecial Features:
- Great date night experienceJSmooth2002Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I had a great time. Great waitsatff. Very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service,Phenomenal FoodExcellentVIPDined on 10/25/2014We took our friends their, and they were very impressed with the quality of food and the Royal treatment we received.Special Features:
- Top notch serviceFoodieDined on 10/21/2014If you want to go somewhere and be treated like a queen (king), then this is the place. They take your coat at the table, pull out your chair, put your napkin on your lap and do everything but feed you. The staff is friendly and attentive. The salad bar is good and has upscale items but isn't the best I've ever seen. If you like meat - this is the place for you. 15 cuts and you're able to sample them all and try new things. The garlic mashed, polenta and mini popover rolls are also pretty amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for Brazilian steakskidocVIPDined on 10/19/2014This is the go to place for Brazilian steak. The service is great. They have a great salad bar too. Lamb chops are great. Be sure to try the Jalapenos and onions for a spicier meal. Prefer this to Fogo de Chao. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding!DateNightDinnerDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent! The service is top notch! At 9:00pm the salad bar looked fresh. (I know....Who eats salad at a Brazilian steak house! I do! It was awesome!) It was a wonderful experience! I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedJoannaGDined on 10/18/2014This is my husbands and my go to restaurant for a nice dinner out. We have been coming here for over 4 years and its always perfect! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I use a walker and customers were being directed to use the the revolving door which was impossible for me. The standard doors were locked to prevent access from the outside, kind patron saw my problem and pushed the door open from the inside.
- Great food!GreatDined on 10/13/2014I've been multiple times and its always a pleasure going there. Love the garlic steak and bottom sirloin the most. Very suculent and juicy. Service is excellent. Great mashed potatoes, grilled onions, fried bananas and plantains.Special Features:
- Servicebentz1974Dined on 10/12/2014The service was outstanding. If you want to be pampered and understand how it feels to be waited on hand and foot this is the place to go. Food was great as well. We took our three children and they were treated with the same respect as an adult.Special Features:
- Thank youAvidDinerDined on 10/11/2014Great service, great food and thank you for continuing to provide a great dinner setting. This was our first date out for my wife and I on her birthday after our 3rd child! We will be back again for lobster bisque and steak any day!Special Features:
- Amazing!CieloDined on 10/10/2014Chama Gaucha is absolutely amazing!! The service is so incredible that you never have to wait for anything at all. The food is incredible and worth every penny!Special Features:
- Good But EXPENSIVEExpensiveDined on 10/4/2014How much can one eat? Good food but for 45.00 in the evening plus drinks, I'd rather go to Sullivan's for food, ambiance, and quiet. Hectic here with meat servers running all over the restaurant non-stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayZippyDined on 10/4/2014I got a group together to help celebrate my wife's birthday. Many had never been to this type of restaurant before and everyone loved it. I will definitely go back for other special occasions!Special Features:
- The one and onlysgtgonzalez0219Dined on 10/3/2014This is one of the best locations that I been A+ on service and quality of food was great ...a bit pricey but the Best Dinning experience in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!72allshookupDined on 9/28/2014If you love your meat, this is the place to go. The service is amazing and the food is even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the place to beairmoellDined on 9/27/2014The entire experience at Chama Gaucha is wonderful. Service is top notch, the food is outstanding, and the whole vibe of the room is just fun. We were two couples that hadn't seen each other for a while, and we sat there until well after closing time without ever feeling rushed to leave. The wait staff continued to bring us drinks and take care of us. It was great! This is an exceptional restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food at bestFoodieDined on 9/26/2014The servers were polite and attentive but the food was not worth the money paid. They serve better meat at Golden Corral
- Excellent Brazilian SteakhousefoodiefunDined on 9/26/2014The service here has always been outstanding. I'm not much of a meat eater but this is the place to eat because it is so seasoned and delicious. The salad bar is amazing and the fried polenta, mashed potatoes, puffs and plaintains. The service is attentive but not intrusive. I was never without water and they were almost always pulling my chair out and handing me my napkin when I returned to the table. Excellent, but not cheap. Great for a treat to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- The best service we've ever had.Gabbygirl16Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time at Chama Gaucha. Everything about this place was amazing. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they made it special. The food is unbelievable. The salad bar was so fresh. Crispy asparagus, fresh veggies, meats and cheeses. Then the meat...amazing! And they brought me horseradish cream which is my favorite. I can't reiterate how good the service was enough. They were on top of everything! Even the water! And for dessert they brought us a flan with Happy Anniversary written on the plate. I think this is a special occasion place because it is very expensive. No drinks, just dinner was $99.00 for the two of us..but well worth it. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality serviceCathyDined on 9/20/2014First time at this restaurant. Servers were very attentive and the food was delicious. You need to love meat. It's a pretty heavy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.