Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
3008 Finley Rd.
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chamagaucha.com/
- Phone: 6303246002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nelcir Muller 2102679022
A word from Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Chama Gaucha invites you to come and have a taste of southern Brazil… Featuring 14 different cuts of meat from lamb, chicken, pork and beef served to you table side upon your request. Also offering an exquisite salad bar with over 30 items, from fresh vegetables, to house made salads, and gourmet cheeses. Along with your meal are traditional Brazilian side dishes. Our famous Brazilian cheese bread, garlic mash pototoes, fried banana, fried polenta, white rice, and black beans. All served to your hearts content. Come visit us and have a taste of southern Brazil!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downers Grove ›
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (56)romantic (33)notable wine list (30)kid-friendly (23)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (19)hot spot (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best for Brazilian steakskidocVIPDined on 10/19/2014This is the go to place for Brazilian steak. The service is great. They have a great salad bar too. Lamb chops are great. Be sure to try the Jalapenos and onions for a spicier meal. Prefer this to Fogo de Chao. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent! The service is top notch! At 9:00pm the salad bar looked fresh. (I know....Who eats salad at a Brazilian steak house! I do! It was awesome!) It was a wonderful experience! I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedJoannaGDined on 10/18/2014This is my husbands and my go to restaurant for a nice dinner out. We have been coming here for over 4 years and its always perfect! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I use a walker and customers were being directed to use the the revolving door which was impossible for me. The standard doors were locked to prevent access from the outside, kind patron saw my problem and pushed the door open from the inside.
- Great food!GreatDined on 10/13/2014I've been multiple times and its always a pleasure going there. Love the garlic steak and bottom sirloin the most. Very suculent and juicy. Service is excellent. Great mashed potatoes, grilled onions, fried bananas and plantains.Special Features:
- Servicebentz1974Dined on 10/12/2014The service was outstanding. If you want to be pampered and understand how it feels to be waited on hand and foot this is the place to go. Food was great as well. We took our three children and they were treated with the same respect as an adult.Special Features:
- Thank youAvidDinerDined on 10/11/2014Great service, great food and thank you for continuing to provide a great dinner setting. This was our first date out for my wife and I on her birthday after our 3rd child! We will be back again for lobster bisque and steak any day!Special Features:
- Amazing!CieloDined on 10/10/2014Chama Gaucha is absolutely amazing!! The service is so incredible that you never have to wait for anything at all. The food is incredible and worth every penny!Special Features:
- Good But EXPENSIVEExpensiveDined on 10/4/2014How much can one eat? Good food but for 45.00 in the evening plus drinks, I'd rather go to Sullivan's for food, ambiance, and quiet. Hectic here with meat servers running all over the restaurant non-stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayZippyDined on 10/4/2014I got a group together to help celebrate my wife's birthday. Many had never been to this type of restaurant before and everyone loved it. I will definitely go back for other special occasions!Special Features:
- The one and onlysgtgonzalez0219Dined on 10/3/2014This is one of the best locations that I been A+ on service and quality of food was great ...a bit pricey but the Best Dinning experience in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!72allshookupDined on 9/28/2014If you love your meat, this is the place to go. The service is amazing and the food is even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the place to beairmoellDined on 9/27/2014The entire experience at Chama Gaucha is wonderful. Service is top notch, the food is outstanding, and the whole vibe of the room is just fun. We were two couples that hadn't seen each other for a while, and we sat there until well after closing time without ever feeling rushed to leave. The wait staff continued to bring us drinks and take care of us. It was great! This is an exceptional restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food at bestFoodieDined on 9/26/2014The servers were polite and attentive but the food was not worth the money paid. They serve better meat at Golden Corral
- Excellent Brazilian SteakhousefoodiefunDined on 9/26/2014The service here has always been outstanding. I'm not much of a meat eater but this is the place to eat because it is so seasoned and delicious. The salad bar is amazing and the fried polenta, mashed potatoes, puffs and plaintains. The service is attentive but not intrusive. I was never without water and they were almost always pulling my chair out and handing me my napkin when I returned to the table. Excellent, but not cheap. Great for a treat to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- The best service we've ever had.Gabbygirl16Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time at Chama Gaucha. Everything about this place was amazing. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they made it special. The food is unbelievable. The salad bar was so fresh. Crispy asparagus, fresh veggies, meats and cheeses. Then the meat...amazing! And they brought me horseradish cream which is my favorite. I can't reiterate how good the service was enough. They were on top of everything! Even the water! And for dessert they brought us a flan with Happy Anniversary written on the plate. I think this is a special occasion place because it is very expensive. No drinks, just dinner was $99.00 for the two of us..but well worth it. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality serviceCathyDined on 9/20/2014First time at this restaurant. Servers were very attentive and the food was delicious. You need to love meat. It's a pretty heavy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary.luv2eat2Dined on 9/19/2014It was a really nice experience. It was a little to noisy, but overall a really nice experience. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brazilian bestchisdDined on 9/16/2014Abundance of delicious food....impeccable service....a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChrisDined on 9/11/2014This was simply one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had. The staff focused on the details such as fresh immediate plates, drink refills, putting new, fresh hot sides on our table, and the guys with the meat remembered what I liked and would bring me whatever cut of meat I had in the past right back to me. The salad bar was well taken care of and delicious. I cannot emphasize how good the service was and the food only complemented it. After our dinner was done and bill paid, a server came up to us and offered a free birthday flan after having a short conversation with us asking if we were here for a special occasion. The food was amazing but the service will bring me back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I enjoyed all my food. the meat was very good and the salad bar was so out standing I would recommend Brazilian steakhouse to friend will be back next year. until then keep up the good work.....A.PSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We had the best dinner ... as always the service was impeccable and the food was terrific. Our original reservation was for a couple of hours later but we finished up and arrived earlier than expected, they got us a table immediately and were all so nice and accommodating. We go here for special occasions and have never once been disappointed!Special Features:
- A lot of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014The food does not stop coming-great for big eaters and the quality is pretty good.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent serviceEnjoyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We frequently dine at Chauma Gaucha. Consistently excellent food quality but what keeps us as loyal customers is consistent excellent service, friendly staff, and the icing on the cake - they remember us by name and know our favorite menu items. It's such a treat to dine at an establishment where staff go above and beyond to create an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular serviceTraditionVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food is always awesome and the salad bar is beyond belief. I love how our special waiter is always so incredibly attentive. My sense is we are not alone. The service is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers paradiseImnursemurrayDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time at Chama Gaucha. I can honestly say the meat was the best I've ever had! Great, friendly service from the valet to the hustling gauchos. The sides-garlic mashed potatoes, fried polenta,and never-empty basket of hot popovers were delicious. The service was really out of this world. If was very crowded, yet we never had to look for a server. Everyone served you -Wonderful! We will definitely be back. Great place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicefamilydineDined on 8/29/2014The salad bar, the grill items and service are always outstanding. Great for families and special occasions.Special Features:
- Meat Love's ParadisebelgaschuVIPDined on 8/24/2014It's a unique restaurant. Lots of different cuts of meat. Exquisite and well put together salad bar. Service was very good, not great. My main criticism is that the meat tends to be over salted.Special Features:
- Great food - frenetic atmosphereTommyPDined on 8/23/2014Frenetic is how I would describe the experience. We had never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, but our image of the atmosphere was quite different than what it actually was. We always felt rushed as we had person after person come by our table with skewers of delicious meat. Don't get me wrong, the food was top notch and we truly enjoyed the entire meal. However, we never realized how busy and fast paced the process was. The main server person assigned to our area kept asking us if we wanted more, or something specific, as if to say "if you're done then please move on so we can get someone else to the table". Overall, we'll go back, but much wiser the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and serviceLovinglifeDined on 8/22/2014One member of my group had salad bar only and was charged for a full dinner. A very expensive $45 salad for a vegetarianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a group!HrvesterVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a party of 10 and had a great time! Salad bar is good but seems to have more lettuce items vs. Cheeses and prepared salads. Meats brought to ur table are awesome. Don't be shy, if there is a specific item u are waiting for ask and they will bring it and they have a good sense of humor too! Make sure u request sauces to go with ur meats. Desserts are very good and papaya cream is the lightest to finish your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a wonderful restaurant!SushiFanaticDined on 8/21/2014If you like food and have never been here, you are missing out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!!!!Luv2laughDined on 8/17/2014I have been to 3 different Brazilian steakhouses and by far this is my favorite one! The meats we love, the salad bar for my daughter that doesn't eat meat and most of all the service....wow my mouth drops just to see how attentive and complaisant everyone is. They are walking around and as soon as you finished any dish they affered you more, they themselves pour more drink so your glass is always full. I just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CowboyVIPDined on 8/17/2014I had dinner with my wife and son and his fiancee. We each ordered a drink, and when two of the four drink orders were filled incorrectly, I should have known this was omen. We ordered three full dinners and one salad bar only. The salad bar is much less expensive. The salad bar was excellent. A fantastic array of vegetables and prepared salads. Then came the meat potion. The meat potion was slow, very slow. The servers would always ask how you liked your meat. Then they would cut a slice of meat that was invariably rare or medium rare. Unfortunately one of the diners liked their meat well done. When it came time to pay the bill, we were charged for four complete dinners. Be sure to audit your bill.
- Wonderful magical eveningNightputmDined on 8/16/2014Great food great service outstanding dining experience everyone was really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary. Neither of us have been to a brazilian steak house before. The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watchoutopktVIPDined on 8/13/2014Best selection of meats. Amazing service! This is the number one Brazilian steakhouse that I have ever been to and I have been to my share of Brazilian steak houses. It is way better then Texas de Brazil, brazzaz and many othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service Food goodmartymitchDined on 8/8/2014At times i thought the staff was thinking my thoughts before I did on any service matter. really well run. The food is very good, a couple of cuts were exceptional (the bottom round? and the house specialty) a few were very mediocre (the lamb and the filet). All in all an excellent value for a steak dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Hungrysports8177Dined on 8/1/2014Went here for my birthday and this place did not disappoint! From the moment you sit down, you are forewarned about the amount of food coming your way once you turn your card from Red to Green. Every piece of meat that my party tasted was phenomenal. We each had different tastes but it did not matter as each server had exactly what we wanted. And the few times a server did not, the particular server that had a particular meat was tracked down and came to our table. Service was the best I've ever had, one server even took care of one of the people in my party that had a dairy allergy.Special Features:
- Always a GREAT choice!BizTravelerDined on 7/29/2014Charma Gaucha always delivers! The staff is extremely attentive without being overbearing. Better be prepared for your inner carnivore to be unleashed because it is difficult to stop enjoying their wonderful rotisserie meat selection. Be prepared to pay $60.00 per person, but it is well worth the price on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.