W 144 Rte 4 E
Paramus, NJ 07652Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chakrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2015561530
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5PM - 10PM
Thursday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM
Lounge Menu open till 2:00am.
*Late night lounge menu offered until one hour pass the last seating for the dining room
Private Parties Welcome
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Ciszak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ every Friday & Saturday from 9PM to Midnight
- Special Events: Join our Wine Club. Log on to our website chakrarestaurant.com and enter your email address. Monthly wine dinners with special guests.
A word from Chakra
New American Cuisine served in a warm, passionate, romantic atmosphere. (Tented canopy seating requires a minimum of 5 guests). Voted for Best Cocktail, Most Romantic and Best Girls Night Out. Recently won Best Crab Cake in NJ competition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chakra - Best Restaurants in Paramus ›
Chakra reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (96)special occasion (78)fit for foodies (51)hot spot (26)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (14)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great eats.NelvieDined on 9/16/2014I highly recommend Chakra it was a great eating adventure. Chef is very creative.Special Features:
- Not quite readyEddieDined on 9/13/2014On a recent Saturday night our waiter informed us that the hangar steak and the Lamb were both no longer available. Not specials, regular menu items they ran out of on a Saturday Night. What genius orders their meats. With Manhattan prices and a really attractive space, you'd think this place could deliver for a $200 + meal. Next time i want to eat at a restaurant that's upscale it will be in Manhattan. While the food was tasty, making do is not my idea of a great dinner. Next time i visit Chakra it will be cocktails in the lounge.Special Features:
- Always supurbRjn1114Dined on 9/13/2014We're repeat visitors and have always had a delicious meal. The service has always been equally exceptional. Some hints: don't miss out on the dessert to share with the table. Donuts, cotton candy and macaroons. Yum! And, if you love their steak sauce like I do (they make their own). Ask for a bottle to take home.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was great...from the service to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWSOME as alwaysMedic79Dined on 9/11/2014Had a wonderful time for my anniversary. And the chef made us something special for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Believe You're in Paramus NJNinaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Once your eyes adjust to the change in lighting from outside to in you will be thrilled with what you see. One of the best restaurant ambiance around. A special "spot". The food is above board and if all the servers have Daniel's aplomb you will have as delightful an evening as my party experienced. This was not our first time to Chakra and it certainly will not be our last.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014I love this restaurant. The atmosphere is so welcoming, the food so delicious. Our calamari with 2 dipping sauces was delightful, The pork tenderloin was so infused with flavor I wished the dish would never end. The hot beignets were so much fun, especially with the 3 dipping sauces. But for a Tuesday evening the service while was very pleasant, it was not nearly as timely as one would expect. To have dessert served 10 minutes before the arrival of our coffee was very disappointing. With timlier service this restaurant would be outstanding.Special Features:
- Really bad serviceffergVIPDined on 9/8/2014You cant image how embarrassed I was having a business dinner when the server was not listening to me. He brought bacon product in two of my dishes that I specifically asked to have prepared without bacon. He disappeared for a while and I had to wait to even let the upper management know. Dessert was given as a compensation -- but after $160 - I really felt that it really did not make-up for the overall bad experience. Not my first time here and I am a bit hesitant about returning.Special Features:
- AwesomeLjfieldDined on 9/6/2014Our meal was wonderful. Service was good and dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- Trendy place for all ages.jjalhDined on 8/30/2014It's nice up get dressed up and have "Date Night". We've been here several times and the service is good, but not great, as it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Beautiful restaurant, great service and management, but my steak was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!Wetty7575Dined on 8/29/2014Amazing food... Decent size portions.. Zero complains... Very Romantic! A couple should expect to send $160-$225 for dinner with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique flavor pairings and ...RichSunDined on 8/29/2014... exquisite presentation. Loved it! Candle level lighting. Attentive wait staff. Incredible food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grandDined on 8/29/2014Choose this restaurant for our anniversary because we wanted someplace romantic and although the ambiance was romantic the food was just okay, but nothing special. Since I am a stickler for details, I noticed a lot of little things about the place, such as the bathroom, that also gave me pause.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, smaller portionsGNN2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I visited Chakra for the first time this weekend to celebrate her birthday. The atmosphere is nice and the food was very good. I had steak and my wife had the sea bass. Both were very tasty and just the right sized portions for us, but I can see where people might expect a bit more food. The only disappointment was the $34 pitcher of white sangria we ordered for the special occasion which tasted like a watery sparkling wine. Way too much ice and not enough flavor. I will go back for the food, but will buy individual drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfirstDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Chakra many times both with my husband and with other couples. It never disappoints. I live very nearby and its a treasure to have a good restaurant so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great food except for beet salad special. Best trout my friend and I have ever eaten!! We had a three hour dinner with another couple and were never rushed!! Everyone had a great time. About $75/person with two drinks and dessert. Well worth it!!Staff from hostess through wait staff excellent.
- Disappointed...Val1483Dined on 8/21/2014I've been here before (in 2012)with my husband for his birthday and it was a pleasant experience. It's a beautiful romantic place. However, this time I was with a girlfriend and the service was horrible! Our waitress paid no attention to us. She only brought our drinks and took our order...other than that we never saw her until it was time to pay. She never checked on us and it took her 15 minutes to initially talk to us. This place is very high end and pricey. You would think they would care for the customer. To top it off she didn't bring our change back when we paid the bill. She just assumed it was hers to keep! I will not be coming back to Chakra again and I do not reccomend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food! Great ServiceBillyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had the pleasure dining at shocker this past week for the Barclay's golf tournament. Evelyn the som was awesome with her pairing of a Japanese ice wine with my Foie Gras. The chef made an octopus app that was out of this world and the corn soup is to die for. Will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Excellent ServiceSusannaFromNewHopeDined on 8/19/2014Chakra is a rare find in north Jersey. The decor is sophisticated and elegant with a very Manhattan vibe. Our server was exceptional. He was funny, accommodating, and attentive without hovering. The food was for the most part outstanding. The only miss of the night was a beef sous-vide that was tender, but was lacking something flavor-wise. Everything else we tried was delicious. We will definite be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014good food, great vibe. not generous with their drink / cocktail pours though.Special Features:
- Splurge!WhitebreadDined on 8/16/2014Every item on the menu is delicious. Be sure to order the cotton candy tree with macaron lollipops for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014As always, my family have been going here for several years and held a special event at their venue. Chakra is a great restaurant! Service is impeccable and the owner always says hello. Food is amazing and exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerPentaxDined on 8/15/2014I wanted to treat my boyfriend for a romantic dinner and saw a Groupon for Chakra. Naturally, I bought it and went on a Friday early evening. The atmosphere was just beautiful and it was the perfect spot for a romantic dinner. I love the way that the booth tables are set up with the sheer curtains for a sheek look. I spent $100 over what I paid for the Groupon which was $50. The food was delicious, but a bit pricey and the portions are very small. I would buy another Groupon for Chakra in the future or go back for another special occasion. I can't afford to dine this way every weekend though.Special Features:
- One of my Favorite RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food and drinks are fantastic. This is one of the best restaurants ever. Good beer on tap. Romantic, loungie atmosphere.Special Features:
- Much better than I remember!LindaMcGDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I went to Chakra for my birthday and had a lovely dinner. Daniel was our waiter and he couldn't have been nicer. He knew the menu very well and made nice suggestions. It had been several years since we went there and I remember it being very loud and the food was ok for the price. But I think whatever changes they made since then, it's greatly improved. I read several reviews that were not happy about the service and was pricy but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Thank you, Daniel!Special Features:
- Impressed!tialvareDined on 8/1/2014We have been meaning to try Chakra for a long time and are glad we finally did. The room was lovely. Four of us dined there and not a single complaint about any aspect of the evening from anyone. We enjoyed various appetizers, including the watermelon/tomato salad, the tuna tartare, and the crab cake. All were delicious as were the entrees: steak, sea bass, and spaghetti and clams. The wines and desserts were excellent. Our server was attentive.The hostess/owner and general manager both stopped by our table several times and were very helpful and accommodating. The prices were at the higher end, more like a NY restaurant, but we would view it more as a special occasion restaurant than a "run out for a bite to eat "type place. We'll be back.Special Features:
- nice evening!ffergVIPDined on 8/1/2014nice evening.... food was enjoyable but a bit blandSpecial Features:
- Jersey GemShuttersRegularVIPDined on 7/30/2014I travel out from NYC to meet my home girls here often, and it is always worth the trip. Really lovely place, good food, attentive service. And very considerate with the gluten-free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth ittheoroseDined on 7/26/2014Very expensive without the quality to justify it. I had the sushi, which was very standard. For these kind of prices I expect gourmet.Special Features:
- Groupon ReviewMooseDined on 7/26/2014Great Food, Very nice restaurant. Don't Like the fact that they included Gratuity for two people. Our waiter did not deserve the 18% tip. Did not make a hassle out of it though.Special Features:
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014This was the second time I went to Chakra. The first visit was wonderful. Unfortunately this time the food left a lot of be desired. The Sea Bass was over cooked and the calamari was too salty. Given what you pay, I was very disappointed and will not return.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyFlowDined on 7/19/2014Service is SLOW!! Also they are not very attentive. My husband asked 3x for ice for his bourbon and they never brought it. Food is way overpriced. $42 for the tc steak that honestly wasn't close to being good. Appetizers were good, had sushi and the octopus. Crab cakes was also one of our main meals and while it tasted ok, it was sooo greasy. I liked the ambiance but to spend over $200 on 2 apps, 2 main courses, 1 dessert and 4 drinks, I would expect service to be way better and for the food to at least make an impression. Won't be going back.
- Outrageously over priced!ThebestlobsterDined on 7/19/2014Great food, outrageous prices, arrogant service, from the waiter to the manager.Special Features:
- BirthdayNealiDined on 7/19/2014Great meal pricey but worth it for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Disappointed AgainDonewithChakra2014Dined on 7/19/2014Had not been here for years as last time we went we were unhappy. Decided to give it another shot as we were meeting friends from NY and it is in middle. Restaurant is beautiful, food is good (but really overpriced) - service is terrible. It took forever to get our drinks. Waiter never came back to take anything off the table between courses - so we had to flag down someone else to take away app plates and empty glasses once dinner came. Worst part was we ordered dessert and finished it - then our coffee came out 10 mins after. It then took another 20-30 minutes to get the check - one of our guests had to go to hostess and the manager brought it. Over $300 for 4 people for dinner. Not worth going back.
- veveDined on 7/19/2014bar area smelled of old beer and could use overall cleaning. waiter was good but seating staff was rude and inattentive
- Great eveningLynneVIPDined on 7/19/2014I love Chakra...the only difficulty is choosing from a variety of enticing options. The watermelon salad with balsamic sorbet was to die for, and chiean sea bass wonderful as always. Brought friends from out-of-town; they were soooo impressed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014From the ambience to the delicious food I had -- this place is absolutely fabulous!!! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chakra birthday celebrationIz3girlsDined on 7/18/2014Took my daughter five friends to celebrate her15th birthday they had the cabana table they were treated like young ladies w full respect which they also gave back. While me, my husband & other two daughters sat at a separate table & enjoyed our dinner!! Food service & setting was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.