W 144 Rte 4 E
Paramus, NJ 07652Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chakrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (201) 556-1530
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5PM - 10PM
Thursday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM
Lounge Menu open till 2:00am.
*Late night lounge menu offered until one hour pass the last seating for the dining room
Private Parties Welcome
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Ciszak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ every Friday & Saturday from 9PM to Midnight
- Special Events: Join our Wine Club. Log on to our website chakrarestaurant.com and enter your email address. Monthly wine dinners with special guests.
A word from Chakra
New American Cuisine served in a warm, passionate, romantic atmosphere. (Tented canopy seating requires a minimum of 5 guests). Voted for Best Cocktail, Most Romantic and Best Girls Night Out. Recently won Best Crab Cake in NJ competition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Chakra - Best Restaurants in Paramus ›
Chakra reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (110)special occasion (89)fit for foodies (78)notable wine list (44)hot spot (39)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (31)late-night find (20)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Intimate settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014Went here on a Monday night for a small reunion with former coworkers. The drinks were excellent, I highly recommend the pear one. Patrick was a great waiter. Food was quite pricey for what you get, but the drinks made up for it. The setting is extremely intimate and romantic, great for a date or quiet dinner to catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by all!frantasticDined on 11/19/2014I went with 4 of my girlfriends for a much needed night out. All the food was outstanding, my friends and I shared some sushi and truffle fries, the hangar steak with chimichurri sauce was yum! We all shared the beignets for dessert and the dipping sauces were delicious. We all tried a differnt specialty drink off the menu and they were all gone too quickly. The drinks are made to perfection, they do not overdue the alcohol and kill the taste. Our waiter John/Juan was so much fun and very attentive. We had a great time!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceFrankDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food and service. The general manager spoke to us at our table which added a personal touch to our evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful AtmosphereFinediningDined on 11/15/2014I had requested a booth several weeks prior on Open Table. A most intimate and lovely table with cushions and ultra comfy. Food and service were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014The food is amazing and the service is top notch. Everything about this place is at a a very high level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This is my absolute favorite restaurant. San Francisco-style everything. The chef at this restaurant is amazing and the service is consistently outstanding. The ambiance is romantic and the wine list and special drink are amazing. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSandBDDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful restaurant. Made reservations through OpenTable and asked for a quiet table. Was seated in a corner which was nice. Service and food were great. Loved the suggested dessert - Goat cheese cake with rosemary ice cream. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKG33VIPDined on 11/8/2014Daniel was our server and was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about all the food and wine and we can't wait to come back! Evelyn, the Manager, was also wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Service!CinderellaDined on 11/1/20142nd time there and it was even better the 2nd time. Menu items are superb! Service was impeccable and the food was simply outstanding. Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentReviewerVIPDined on 10/31/2014Chakra is always superb. Great menu which changes frequently , fantastic service , beautiful setting. Try the foie gras pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind!foodsiesVIPDined on 10/27/2014First time at this restaurant with my family and we were impressed on not only the beautiful interior but the friendly service as well as the amazingly flavorful food. We had the organic rib eye steak which was the special that night and it was delicious - better than expensive steak houses we've been to in NYC! It was just soo good we couldn't stop talking about it. The sushi were fresh and good size serving, the linguini pasta was ok too and French fries and its dipping sauces are great. We didn't get to try any desserts but we will next time we go back.Special Features:
- A NIGHT AT THE CHAKRA!ARCEEDined on 10/25/2014VERY SATISFIED WITH THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE...VERY AESTHETIC ATMOSPHERE WITH PROFESSIONAL, FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL WAITSTAFF... IT IS A BIT PRICEY, BUT WE KNEW THAT GOING IN, AND THAT DIDN'T DETRACT FROM OUR DINING EXPERIENCE...NOT SOMETHING WE WOULD DO EVERYDAY, BUT IT WAS FOR OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND IT WAS WELL WORTH IT....Special Features:
- fastdVIPDined on 10/25/2014Always fabulous new pizza very good ordered too much food... No mashed potatoes? oh no!!!Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Excellent food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014the food was really good. booths are very nice for a romantic dinner. I really enjoyed the place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!2coolDined on 10/17/2014The service was great and food was delicious! It's about 45 minutes from my house not with traffic but we will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massive Managerial FailJR87VIPDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of 5. Only 4 of the 5 meals came out of the kitchen correctly. The manager apologized and jumped on the problem (my father received salmon rather than the crab cakes he ordered). He assured us that the crab cakes would be right out. They arrived 20 min. later, COLD. We sent it back again and got another apology from the manager. He offered to buy a round of desserts for the multiple mistakes. When the bill arrived, only two desserts were comped. When we asked, the manager claimed that he meant only two will be free, since only 1 meal was delivered incorrectly. Even our waiter was embarrassed on our behalf, but didn't have the authority to do anything for us. Needless to say, this was our last visit to the restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014Food was adequate, service was ok. Prices were high for what you got. Menu was fairly limited. Room was very pretty, not what you expected from a restaurant right on the highway.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceTDinerVIPDined on 10/7/2014After a stressful Tuesday of work as a teacher, I took my wife to Chakra for a brief escape. It worked. Both of us had a wonderful dining experience. Everything (the greeting, service, food and drinks) was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dark placeDrBob31VIPDined on 10/3/2014Chakra has good food. The check was padded with errors and I had to tell the waiter to remove what he classified as "mistakes". I regret that this made our dining experience bad.Special Features:
- WonderultlobriVIPDined on 10/2/2014Everything we had (from appetizer, sushi, entre' and dessert) was fantastic. It was our first time there and went to celebrate our 10th year anniversary. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Terrific RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014It was a great dining experience. Great food and fantastic service! Will return soon.Special Features:
- luv2shopDined on 9/27/2014Great ambiance , horrible drinks and the food was not great at all. expensive for the quality or food is not worth it at all
- Great environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was cooked appropriately and the service was above parSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFood4ThoughtDined on 9/26/2014My fiancé and I have been coming to chakra ever since our first date. We love the amazing food, unique drinks and the service. Unfortunately, our last dining experience was awful. Our drinks were sitting at the bar for 10 mins and he didn't take our drink order for another 10 mins prior. We never get the calamari here bc we splurge on other things...our mistake in ordering...portion was ridiculouslu small. Our SUSHI took 45 mins to come out. It's never taken that long. The chef gave us a shot worth of soup for taking so long. My fiancé doesn't like soup. Everyone has their off days but 2 hours for a drink, calamari and sushi is a bit ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceluv76dineDined on 9/26/2014Always wanted t try Chakra, It was worth the wait. The servers were especially helpful and nice.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceFinediningDined on 9/26/2014The atmosphere was womderful, the food delicious but the service was outstanding. A classy place, pricey but very worthwhile.Special Features:
- outside not noticeable-inside wowTirednessVIPDined on 9/26/2014When you drive by the Chakra restaurant, you really do not take notice of it. When inside, you are transported to a different time, a difference place. The food is like that too. The chef pairs different ingredients together-never having one ingredient overpower another. To tell you what is on the menu does not do it justice. Try it. It is a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 years and going strong!NNJFoodieDined on 9/24/2014WOW, cannot believe Chakra has been in Paramus for 10 years. After a rocky start (IMO)...it has survived and now has its own style and signature dishes. It is flourishing, and we are glad to have come back to try it again after a few years of absence. Since taken over by Thomas and Evelyn in 2010, what change...for the better! Much better! Crab cakes are everything everyone else says: "one of the best", regardless of location/type of cuisine. And how lucky were we on our last visit: lucky enough to order a daily special...sous vide short ribs. To die for! Looking forward to our next visit; won't be soon enough as am challenged by business travel and so many other excellent restaurants in Bergen County. Bon Appetit/Buon Appetito!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissappointedbillsongDined on 9/23/2014We always have an awesome meal at Chakra. THis is one of our favorite places in Bergen County.Special Features:
- A GEM !!!LynneVIPDined on 9/22/2014I love everything about Chakra, the food, and the atmosphere are wonderful. The staff are always helpful, and it is my absolute favorite place to go and take friends in Northern NJ!Special Features:
- Chakra ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Everything was great, except the food was just mediocre for the high prices. There was way too much salt on everything. I did like the olive bread in the basket but the other bread was nothing special. Service was very good and the place itself has a very nice atmosphere. Romantic/ intimate.Special Features:
- Great ambiencebluetigerDined on 9/20/2014The place is great. The decor is outstanding. The food portion are not that generous but they are OK. Spend a nice and romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We have been frequenting this restaurant for years and love the menu, service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!Jr121Dined on 9/20/2014I had always wanted to try Chakra as I had heard so many great things about the restaurant. Groupon offered a deal which sweetened the pot even more! The food, service and ambience was outstanding! I highly recommend! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance/Everything okBergenHudsonFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Loved the ambiance, but tables too close together for private conversation. Portions too small for price. Also, good thing we reviewed our bill because there was over $26 in charges for drinks that were not ours (plus they added tax and tip on top of that). They apologized and adjusted the bill, but they should have done something a little extra to compensate (they should have comp'd dessert). Also $18 for cotton candy and 6 (I think) macroons is a bit much! Food was good, but nothing outstanding. Again, loved the ambiance though.
- Great food and serviceKathy0112Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner there. It was our first time and we will definitely go back. We had a drink at the bar first before being seated. The restaurant has a great atmosphere. The food we delicious and the staff was so nice, especially our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been betterFranDined on 9/19/2014Service needs improvement the waiter was Not attentive to the point I needed to ask the bus boy to get him after waiting also 10 min for him. When u paying 130 For two people I expect quality serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The place is so romantic, the service was just so perfect. They food was delish!!! Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/17/2014This is my second visit with a groupon. I wasn't that impressed the first time around and didn't change my mind at this visit. The food is okay, nothing special, but I must say the corn chowder was excellent. I would not go back. There are many better restaurants in this area. The atmosphere and décor is lovely, very romantic setting.Special Features:
- Great eats.NelvieDined on 9/16/2014I highly recommend Chakra it was a great eating adventure. Chef is very creative.Special Features: