W 144 Rte 4 E
Paramus, NJ 07652Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chakrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2015561530
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5PM - 10PM
Thursday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM
Lounge Menu open till 2:00am.
*Late night lounge menu offered until one hour pass the last seating for the dining room
Private Parties Welcome
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Ciszak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ every Friday & Saturday from 9PM to Midnight
- Special Events: Join our Wine Club. Log on to our website chakrarestaurant.com and enter your email address. Monthly wine dinners with special guests.
A word from Chakra
New American Cuisine served in a warm, passionate, romantic atmosphere. (Tented canopy seating requires a minimum of 5 guests). Voted for Best Cocktail, Most Romantic and Best Girls Night Out. Recently won Best Crab Cake in NJ competition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chakra - Best Restaurants in Paramus ›
Chakra reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (86)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (25)hot spot (24)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (12)scenic view (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- foodfirstDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Chakra many times both with my husband and with other couples. It never disappoints. I live very nearby and its a treasure to have a good restaurant so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great food except for beet salad special. Best trout my friend and I have ever eaten!! We had a three hour dinner with another couple and were never rushed!! Everyone had a great time. About $75/person with two drinks and dessert. Well worth it!!Staff from hostess through wait staff excellent.
- Disappointed...Val1483Dined on 8/21/2014I've been here before (in 2012)with my husband for his birthday and it was a pleasant experience. It's a beautiful romantic place. However, this time I was with a girlfriend and the service was horrible! Our waitress paid no attention to us. She only brought our drinks and took our order...other than that we never saw her until it was time to pay. She never checked on us and it took her 15 minutes to initially talk to us. This place is very high end and pricey. You would think they would care for the customer. To top it off she didn't bring our change back when we paid the bill. She just assumed it was hers to keep! I will not be coming back to Chakra again and I do not reccomend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food! Great ServiceBillyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had the pleasure dining at shocker this past week for the Barclay's golf tournament. Evelyn the som was awesome with her pairing of a Japanese ice wine with my Foie Gras. The chef made an octopus app that was out of this world and the corn soup is to die for. Will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014good food, great vibe. not generous with their drink / cocktail pours though.Special Features:
- Splurge!WhitebreadDined on 8/16/2014Every item on the menu is delicious. Be sure to order the cotton candy tree with macaron lollipops for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014As always, my family have been going here for several years and held a special event at their venue. Chakra is a great restaurant! Service is impeccable and the owner always says hello. Food is amazing and exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerPentaxDined on 8/15/2014I wanted to treat my boyfriend for a romantic dinner and saw a Groupon for Chakra. Naturally, I bought it and went on a Friday early evening. The atmosphere was just beautiful and it was the perfect spot for a romantic dinner. I love the way that the booth tables are set up with the sheer curtains for a sheek look. I spent $100 over what I paid for the Groupon which was $50. The food was delicious, but a bit pricey and the portions are very small. I would buy another Groupon for Chakra in the future or go back for another special occasion. I can't afford to dine this way every weekend though.Special Features:
- One of my Favorite RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The food and drinks are fantastic. This is one of the best restaurants ever. Good beer on tap. Romantic, loungie atmosphere.Special Features:
- Much better than I remember!LindaMcGDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I went to Chakra for my birthday and had a lovely dinner. Daniel was our waiter and he couldn't have been nicer. He knew the menu very well and made nice suggestions. It had been several years since we went there and I remember it being very loud and the food was ok for the price. But I think whatever changes they made since then, it's greatly improved. I read several reviews that were not happy about the service and was pricy but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Thank you, Daniel!Special Features:
- Impressed!tialvareDined on 8/1/2014We have been meaning to try Chakra for a long time and are glad we finally did. The room was lovely. Four of us dined there and not a single complaint about any aspect of the evening from anyone. We enjoyed various appetizers, including the watermelon/tomato salad, the tuna tartare, and the crab cake. All were delicious as were the entrees: steak, sea bass, and spaghetti and clams. The wines and desserts were excellent. Our server was attentive.The hostess/owner and general manager both stopped by our table several times and were very helpful and accommodating. The prices were at the higher end, more like a NY restaurant, but we would view it more as a special occasion restaurant than a "run out for a bite to eat "type place. We'll be back.Special Features:
- nice evening!ffergVIPDined on 8/1/2014nice evening.... food was enjoyable but a bit blandSpecial Features:
- Jersey GemShuttersRegularVIPDined on 7/30/2014I travel out from NYC to meet my home girls here often, and it is always worth the trip. Really lovely place, good food, attentive service. And very considerate with the gluten-free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth ittheoroseDined on 7/26/2014Very expensive without the quality to justify it. I had the sushi, which was very standard. For these kind of prices I expect gourmet.Special Features:
- Groupon ReviewMooseDined on 7/26/2014Great Food, Very nice restaurant. Don't Like the fact that they included Gratuity for two people. Our waiter did not deserve the 18% tip. Did not make a hassle out of it though.Special Features:
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014This was the second time I went to Chakra. The first visit was wonderful. Unfortunately this time the food left a lot of be desired. The Sea Bass was over cooked and the calamari was too salty. Given what you pay, I was very disappointed and will not return.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyFlowDined on 7/19/2014Service is SLOW!! Also they are not very attentive. My husband asked 3x for ice for his bourbon and they never brought it. Food is way overpriced. $42 for the tc steak that honestly wasn't close to being good. Appetizers were good, had sushi and the octopus. Crab cakes was also one of our main meals and while it tasted ok, it was sooo greasy. I liked the ambiance but to spend over $200 on 2 apps, 2 main courses, 1 dessert and 4 drinks, I would expect service to be way better and for the food to at least make an impression. Won't be going back.
- Outrageously over priced!ThebestlobsterDined on 7/19/2014Great food, outrageous prices, arrogant service, from the waiter to the manager.Special Features:
- BirthdayNealiDined on 7/19/2014Great meal pricey but worth it for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Disappointed AgainDonewithChakra2014Dined on 7/19/2014Had not been here for years as last time we went we were unhappy. Decided to give it another shot as we were meeting friends from NY and it is in middle. Restaurant is beautiful, food is good (but really overpriced) - service is terrible. It took forever to get our drinks. Waiter never came back to take anything off the table between courses - so we had to flag down someone else to take away app plates and empty glasses once dinner came. Worst part was we ordered dessert and finished it - then our coffee came out 10 mins after. It then took another 20-30 minutes to get the check - one of our guests had to go to hostess and the manager brought it. Over $300 for 4 people for dinner. Not worth going back.
- veveDined on 7/19/2014bar area smelled of old beer and could use overall cleaning. waiter was good but seating staff was rude and inattentive
- Great eveningLynneVIPDined on 7/19/2014I love Chakra...the only difficulty is choosing from a variety of enticing options. The watermelon salad with balsamic sorbet was to die for, and chiean sea bass wonderful as always. Brought friends from out-of-town; they were soooo impressed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014From the ambience to the delicious food I had -- this place is absolutely fabulous!!! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chakra birthday celebrationIz3girlsDined on 7/18/2014Took my daughter five friends to celebrate her15th birthday they had the cabana table they were treated like young ladies w full respect which they also gave back. While me, my husband & other two daughters sat at a separate table & enjoyed our dinner!! Food service & setting was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor and angry serviceIreneDined on 7/15/2014The front girl , she was very sweet and great, everything was great to the moment when we got a service girl. What a not-friendly, angry and face -off person she was. Dear Alex C , if you don't like people why you work in restaurant??? Pick up menu cards from floor and handle to us, was not acceptable . The wine bottle end touched everybody glass, so I do able tried my friend's lipstick. And this face, angry every time when she got to the table. Thank god that was maybe 4 times. Smile - what is that ? I never had a service person like this , she should never work there. THE FOOD ID GREAT!!! MARTINI, WINE - Awesome, just the Angry Service....Special Features:
- Nice restaurantMrsDieugevilleDined on 7/12/2014Everything was Great they were very accommodating. I was running late and called and asked them to move reservation back 30 mins and they did it with no problem. I liked my drink and my boyfriend liked his octopus appetizer. We both had the flank steak of beef for our main course and neither liked the steak however the salad and fries that came with it were amazing. They even served the fries in a mini fry basket that I wanted to take home with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and nice atmosphere. That being said, it's very pricey and portions are small. Service could have been better, and no valet parking took away from me giving this place 5 stars.Special Features:
- Love the ChefLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant could have been outstanding but the waiter who was young, did not have the experience to know when not to intrude with the specials during a conversation among friends. The food was wonderful and we are very familiar with the chef whom we remember from Copeland. If you sat awhile, the chairs became so uncomfortable because they are made of wood with no padding or seats. Not good if you have a bad back. When I mentioned it to the man at the front - he could care less and simply said, "I don't know why they don't have pads." Also - a no-no in fine restaurants is to charge for refills on iced tea. The bill for iced tea was outrageous!Special Features:
- kathVIPDined on 7/8/2014Food was delicious but portions are small and pricey. $4.50 for a glass of ice tea (not a big glass) is outrageous!! Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Rarely do date plans go according to plan. Fortunately, this night went perfectly. Reservations were @ 9PM Saturday night. I called ahead of time to ensure we were able to get the canopy-style table. Unbelievably, traffic was non-existent from Queens to Paramus, NJ and we got there in 30 min. We go in @ 8:45PM & the place just looks amazing, from the decor to the nice lighting. We're greeted by a nice hostess who tells us our table is almost ready so we go to the bar and get some drinks. Bartender was nice and made some nice drinks. We were greeted by a nice waitress who told us exactly what we can get with our Groupon deal. We ended getting extra stuff but it was all well worth it. Amazing decor, amazing service, amazing food!!Special Features:
- Great PlaceabokenzieDined on 7/5/2014Place was nice. People were very friendly. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food mediocreMimiDined on 7/5/2014Food not worth the price! Filet overcooked & salty. Need to offer more healthy veggie options for sides. Need to add more appy salads.Special Features:
- serviceamzdwserviceDined on 7/5/2014I've been there 4 time already the 3rd time been a few years ago. I've never been served by someone so courteous, friendly as David. He knew about the food with details. You can tell he knew what he was talking about and easily understood what we wanted. He's great you should have more workers like him. He makes you want to go back. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING.............fitfreddieDined on 7/5/2014Food.............DELICIOUS. Service............IMPECCABLESpecial Features:
- Over priced and not that great!CarmenltaDined on 7/5/2014My first impression from the outside was, "it's that the place?" Once you enter the door, you are impressed with the dining area. Looks like an old night club turned restaurant. It was dark but elegant. The menu items had a nice selection. I had sushi which was way over priced and they gave me 6 really thin pieces. My watermelon tomato salad was extremely over priced for the amount I received. Thankfully, I had a groupon but even with the groupon I spent over $100 because appetizers weren't included and they charged us an extra $6 per entree because it wasn't part of the groupon. Overall, not worth the groupon and not worth spending money for dinner. I've eaten at better places where food was delicious and prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- alwayseatingoutDined on 7/4/2014The food was outstanding, the service was exceptional, and the decor was unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first disappointing mealAnnieVIPDined on 7/1/2014I am a frequent diner at Chakra but for the first time my meal was just so mediocre. Didn't even finish my entree of pork tenderloins. Pretty bland. The carrot cake was so disappointing. Again, not flavorful. I normally LOVE carrot cake. I will go back because I've had so many excellent meals here. I hope this is not representative of the new summer menu.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been several times and have always had a wonderful evening with delicious meals. I would however mention that we went this last time with a groupon which was misleading. It was still a good deal but further selective than led to believe. And, the up charge items were charged more than the difference to the included prices on the menu. (A discrepancy of $4. )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kameDined on 6/28/2014great food and beautiful setting once you are inside, but expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014FOOD OVERALL GOOD- NOT EXCEPTIONAL VERY DIFFERENT DESSERTS AND LIMITED CHOICES. ONE WAS NOT AVAILABLE.Special Features: