W 144 Rte 4 E
Paramus, NJ 07652Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chakrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2015561530
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5PM - 10PM
Thursday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM
Lounge Menu open till 2:00am.
*Late night lounge menu offered until one hour pass the last seating for the dining room
Private Parties Welcome
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Ciszak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ every Friday & Saturday from 9PM to Midnight
- Special Events: Join our Wine Club. Log on to our website chakrarestaurant.com and enter your email address. Monthly wine dinners with special guests.
A word from Chakra
New American Cuisine served in a warm, passionate, romantic atmosphere. (Tented canopy seating requires a minimum of 5 guests). Voted for Best Cocktail, Most Romantic and Best Girls Night Out. Recently won Best Crab Cake in NJ competition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chakra - Best Restaurants in Paramus ›
Chakra reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (109)special occasion (89)fit for foodies (61)hot spot (33)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (26)late-night find (18)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Excellent!2coolDined on 10/17/2014The service was great and food was delicious! It's about 45 minutes from my house not with traffic but we will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massive Managerial FailJR87VIPDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of 5. Only 4 of the 5 meals came out of the kitchen correctly. The manager apologized and jumped on the problem (my father received salmon rather than the crab cakes he ordered). He assured us that the crab cakes would be right out. They arrived 20 min. later, COLD. We sent it back again and got another apology from the manager. He offered to buy a round of desserts for the multiple mistakes. When the bill arrived, only two desserts were comped. When we asked, the manager claimed that he meant only two will be free, since only 1 meal was delivered incorrectly. Even our waiter was embarrassed on our behalf, but didn't have the authority to do anything for us. Needless to say, this was our last visit to the restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014Food was adequate, service was ok. Prices were high for what you got. Menu was fairly limited. Room was very pretty, not what you expected from a restaurant right on the highway.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceTDinerDined on 10/7/2014After a stressful Tuesday of work as a teacher, I took my wife to Chakra for a brief escape. It worked. Both of us had a wonderful dining experience. Everything (the greeting, service, food and drinks) was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dark placeDrBob31VIPDined on 10/3/2014Chakra has good food. The check was padded with errors and I had to tell the waiter to remove what he classified as "mistakes". I regret that this made our dining experience bad.Special Features:
- WonderultlobriVIPDined on 10/2/2014Everything we had (from appetizer, sushi, entre' and dessert) was fantastic. It was our first time there and went to celebrate our 10th year anniversary. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Terrific RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014It was a great dining experience. Great food and fantastic service! Will return soon.Special Features:
- luv2shopDined on 9/27/2014Great ambiance , horrible drinks and the food was not great at all. expensive for the quality or food is not worth it at all
- Great environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was cooked appropriately and the service was above parSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFood4ThoughtDined on 9/26/2014My fiancé and I have been coming to chakra ever since our first date. We love the amazing food, unique drinks and the service. Unfortunately, our last dining experience was awful. Our drinks were sitting at the bar for 10 mins and he didn't take our drink order for another 10 mins prior. We never get the calamari here bc we splurge on other things...our mistake in ordering...portion was ridiculouslu small. Our SUSHI took 45 mins to come out. It's never taken that long. The chef gave us a shot worth of soup for taking so long. My fiancé doesn't like soup. Everyone has their off days but 2 hours for a drink, calamari and sushi is a bit ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceluv76dineDined on 9/26/2014Always wanted t try Chakra, It was worth the wait. The servers were especially helpful and nice.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceFinediningDined on 9/26/2014The atmosphere was womderful, the food delicious but the service was outstanding. A classy place, pricey but very worthwhile.Special Features:
- outside not noticeable-inside wowTirednessVIPDined on 9/26/2014When you drive by the Chakra restaurant, you really do not take notice of it. When inside, you are transported to a different time, a difference place. The food is like that too. The chef pairs different ingredients together-never having one ingredient overpower another. To tell you what is on the menu does not do it justice. Try it. It is a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 years and going strong!NNJFoodieDined on 9/24/2014WOW, cannot believe Chakra has been in Paramus for 10 years. After a rocky start (IMO)...it has survived and now has its own style and signature dishes. It is flourishing, and we are glad to have come back to try it again after a few years of absence. Since taken over by Thomas and Evelyn in 2010, what change...for the better! Much better! Crab cakes are everything everyone else says: "one of the best", regardless of location/type of cuisine. And how lucky were we on our last visit: lucky enough to order a daily special...sous vide short ribs. To die for! Looking forward to our next visit; won't be soon enough as am challenged by business travel and so many other excellent restaurants in Bergen County. Bon Appetit/Buon Appetito!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissappointedbillsongDined on 9/23/2014We always have an awesome meal at Chakra. THis is one of our favorite places in Bergen County.Special Features:
- A GEM !!!LynneVIPDined on 9/22/2014I love everything about Chakra, the food, and the atmosphere are wonderful. The staff are always helpful, and it is my absolute favorite place to go and take friends in Northern NJ!Special Features:
- Chakra ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Everything was great, except the food was just mediocre for the high prices. There was way too much salt on everything. I did like the olive bread in the basket but the other bread was nothing special. Service was very good and the place itself has a very nice atmosphere. Romantic/ intimate.Special Features:
- Great ambiencebluetigerDined on 9/20/2014The place is great. The decor is outstanding. The food portion are not that generous but they are OK. Spend a nice and romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We have been frequenting this restaurant for years and love the menu, service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!Jr121Dined on 9/20/2014I had always wanted to try Chakra as I had heard so many great things about the restaurant. Groupon offered a deal which sweetened the pot even more! The food, service and ambience was outstanding! I highly recommend! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance/Everything okBergenHudsonFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Loved the ambiance, but tables too close together for private conversation. Portions too small for price. Also, good thing we reviewed our bill because there was over $26 in charges for drinks that were not ours (plus they added tax and tip on top of that). They apologized and adjusted the bill, but they should have done something a little extra to compensate (they should have comp'd dessert). Also $18 for cotton candy and 6 (I think) macroons is a bit much! Food was good, but nothing outstanding. Again, loved the ambiance though.
- Great food and serviceKathy0112Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner there. It was our first time and we will definitely go back. We had a drink at the bar first before being seated. The restaurant has a great atmosphere. The food we delicious and the staff was so nice, especially our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been betterFranDined on 9/19/2014Service needs improvement the waiter was Not attentive to the point I needed to ask the bus boy to get him after waiting also 10 min for him. When u paying 130 For two people I expect quality serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The place is so romantic, the service was just so perfect. They food was delish!!! Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/17/2014This is my second visit with a groupon. I wasn't that impressed the first time around and didn't change my mind at this visit. The food is okay, nothing special, but I must say the corn chowder was excellent. I would not go back. There are many better restaurants in this area. The atmosphere and décor is lovely, very romantic setting.Special Features:
- Great eats.NelvieDined on 9/16/2014I highly recommend Chakra it was a great eating adventure. Chef is very creative.Special Features:
- Not quite readyEddieDined on 9/13/2014On a recent Saturday night our waiter informed us that the hangar steak and the Lamb were both no longer available. Not specials, regular menu items they ran out of on a Saturday Night. What genius orders their meats. With Manhattan prices and a really attractive space, you'd think this place could deliver for a $200 + meal. Next time i want to eat at a restaurant that's upscale it will be in Manhattan. While the food was tasty, making do is not my idea of a great dinner. Next time i visit Chakra it will be cocktails in the lounge.Special Features:
- Always supurbRjn1114Dined on 9/13/2014We're repeat visitors and have always had a delicious meal. The service has always been equally exceptional. Some hints: don't miss out on the dessert to share with the table. Donuts, cotton candy and macaroons. Yum! And, if you love their steak sauce like I do (they make their own). Ask for a bottle to take home.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was great...from the service to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWSOME as alwaysMedic79Dined on 9/11/2014Had a wonderful time for my anniversary. And the chef made us something special for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Believe You're in Paramus NJNinaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Once your eyes adjust to the change in lighting from outside to in you will be thrilled with what you see. One of the best restaurant ambiance around. A special "spot". The food is above board and if all the servers have Daniel's aplomb you will have as delightful an evening as my party experienced. This was not our first time to Chakra and it certainly will not be our last.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014I love this restaurant. The atmosphere is so welcoming, the food so delicious. Our calamari with 2 dipping sauces was delightful, The pork tenderloin was so infused with flavor I wished the dish would never end. The hot beignets were so much fun, especially with the 3 dipping sauces. But for a Tuesday evening the service while was very pleasant, it was not nearly as timely as one would expect. To have dessert served 10 minutes before the arrival of our coffee was very disappointing. With timlier service this restaurant would be outstanding.Special Features:
- Really bad serviceffergVIPDined on 9/8/2014You cant image how embarrassed I was having a business dinner when the server was not listening to me. He brought bacon product in two of my dishes that I specifically asked to have prepared without bacon. He disappeared for a while and I had to wait to even let the upper management know. Dessert was given as a compensation -- but after $160 - I really felt that it really did not make-up for the overall bad experience. Not my first time here and I am a bit hesitant about returning.Special Features:
- AwesomeLjfieldDined on 9/6/2014Our meal was wonderful. Service was good and dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- Trendy place for all ages.jjalhDined on 8/30/2014It's nice up get dressed up and have "Date Night". We've been here several times and the service is good, but not great, as it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Beautiful restaurant, great service and management, but my steak was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!Wetty7575Dined on 8/29/2014Amazing food... Decent size portions.. Zero complains... Very Romantic! A couple should expect to send $160-$225 for dinner with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique flavor pairings and ...RichSunDined on 8/29/2014... exquisite presentation. Loved it! Candle level lighting. Attentive wait staff. Incredible food. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grandDined on 8/29/2014Choose this restaurant for our anniversary because we wanted someplace romantic and although the ambiance was romantic the food was just okay, but nothing special. Since I am a stickler for details, I noticed a lot of little things about the place, such as the bathroom, that also gave me pause.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, smaller portionsGNN2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I visited Chakra for the first time this weekend to celebrate her birthday. The atmosphere is nice and the food was very good. I had steak and my wife had the sea bass. Both were very tasty and just the right sized portions for us, but I can see where people might expect a bit more food. The only disappointment was the $34 pitcher of white sangria we ordered for the special occasion which tasted like a watery sparkling wine. Way too much ice and not enough flavor. I will go back for the food, but will buy individual drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.