Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar
49 Front Street
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chadwicksli.com/
- Phone: 5167667800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Art Gustafson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full off premise catering menu available for parties of 10 to 200 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private in-house catering facilities on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, as well as weekday/weeknights.
- Private Party Contact: Robert DeMattia 5167667800x
A word from Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar features New and Classic American Cuisine in a warm and inviting casual dining room. Our innovative kitchen, led by executive chef Art Gustafson, prepares creative daily specials, chef tastings and eclectic menu selections created to impress every palate. The contemporary American cuisine, together with the hospitality offered by our attentive staff instantly make you feel at home. Enjoy our happy hour, featuring daily drink and appetizer specials in our cocktail lounge, nicely appointed with a welcoming fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (21)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (16)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Celebrated our 11 year anniversy. Excellent food ...Perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodetrapani87Dined on 9/20/2014Visited Chadwick's for the first time in a few years, and was not disappointed. All appetizers and entrees were excellent - and my group ate a mix of salad, seafood, and chicken. My only complaint is that the service was a little slow. It was 6pm on a Saturday and the restaurant was not crowded at all, but waitress seemed slow to take our order and slow to deliver drinks. Otherwise, A+.Special Features:
- Always GoodpattychDined on 9/18/2014We had lunch Thursday..ages 25-95!!! something for everyone...not a bit of food left on the plate! aPower llunch is a great find!!Special Features:
- Right side of the tracks.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/20142nd time there. Will there be a 3rd time? Absolutely!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AnniversaryJRFoodDined on 9/6/2014This place was a last minute pick - and we couldn't be happier. The atmosphere was romantic and the staff couldn't be nicer!Special Features:
- nice eveningLuv2bringfriendsDined on 9/6/2014We go to Chadwick's often. Food excellent. Floor manager very friendly and attentive. Our server Nick was great also. My request for table not near door was met. Our go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chadwick'sBlueDevilDined on 9/4/2014Celebrated mothers Bday with ten folks with ages spanning from ten to 85 Service was great as was all entries Treated us very well Visit once per month on trips up here Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickPbisaacVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nick is by far your best server there. I will always request him when I comeSpecial Features:
- service offNEVMSDined on 8/24/2014I had been to Chadwicks several times but on this particular Sunday evening the service was very haphazard. This is not typical and they might have been understaffed that night. The food is consistently good here and it seems to be one of the few restaurants where you can carry on an audible conversation even on a Saturday night. I do think they could lower their soundtrack a bit but at least the music isn't aversive.Special Features:
- ChadwicksMomstarDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely delicious. There were three of us having dinner and each enjoyed their meal. The chicken cutlet bruschetta was huge. The risotto with shrimp was divine. Very warm and friendly place. Attentive to your wants and needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousVIPDined on 8/14/2014Chadwick's is a restaurant with an excellent variety of food. The quality is consistent and never disappoints.Special Features:
- "Chadwicks has it all!"nanbbasDined on 8/14/2014With great ambience, it is a warm and comfortable restauraunt with dimming lights and music at the perfect volume. The service was remarkably accommodating and pleasing. When I ordered my Chocolate Martini, it was a bit strong. The waiter noticed that I wasn't drinking it and asked if it was okay. When I told him it was a little strong, he took it back and made me a new one. Their bread was delicious, warm and crunchy! We all agreed that our appetizers and our main courses were outstanding. Of course at the end we couldnt pass up their dessert menu, which was absolutely delicious!!! If you're looking for a great atmophere, amazing food, wide variety menu and friendly service at a reasonable price, Chadwicks is the place to go.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Dining ExperienceNovemberDined on 8/13/2014A gem... Food is exceptional as is the service. This is the perfect restaurant for small and large groups as the menu selection will really please every palate. Their desserts are all made in house and is reason alone to come to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right side of the tracks.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014First time there, but will be back because of the excellent food, friendly/professional staff and attention to detail (manager introduced herself as we were being seated and after we finished our dinner came over to ask us how our experience was/service was prompt/presentation of our meal was done in a visual appealing way).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014This was the first time we dined at Chadwicks. The Menu was quite varied, so I found it difficult to choose my entree. I like that they offered half and full portions on several items. The seafood Risotto was delicious!! So was the Banana creme Brulee pafait. Service was very good also. Decor was quite cozy. We will definitely be going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!LindaBVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dining at Chadwick's is as cozy and comfortable as having dinner at Grandmas, if your grandma was a trained gourmet chef. There is a unique quality of a welcoming atmosphere with outstanding culinary options. I can never go wrong no matter what I order, from the menu, or an inventive special for that evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME Restaurant!!Mattingly373Dined on 8/1/2014I've been to Chadwicks several times and each time is a GREAT experience. The food is AMAZING - appetizers, entrees, and desserts! I had the crabcakes for an appetizer and my friend had a "special" (shrimp with mango salsa) - SOOO GOOD! For dinner my friend had the "Stuffed PorkChop" and I had the "St. Peter's Fish." Again, it was just DELICIOUS and the presentation was so elegant. Dessert was the "English Trifle" and the "Banana Parfait"....UNBELIEVABLY GOOD. CHECK THIS PLACE OUT....You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NovamomDined on 7/27/2014You can always depend on the food and service at Chadwick's! The best!!Special Features:
- UnclekirbyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food ,service and ambience. Got parking out front, went on saturday evening. Hostess, server and bus boy were courteous and friendly. Got seated right away. Next visit, i will make it a point to check out the bar area. And for my friend Stu , yes there were cloth table coverings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicePbisaacVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been to Chadwichs many times and always enjoyed the occasion. This time I asked for an outdoor table and the maître d' said he would set me up and get a drink order. I sat down and waited 20 minutes for him to come back, anyone to come. I found him inside chatting with customers. He said I'm coming. The couple next to me complained too. They had been waiting. He finally took an order, we had no water, no silverware and waited another 15 minutes to get a glass of wine, draft beer and coke. With the number of great restaurants in RVC I can find another with good serviceSpecial Features:
- The worst service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014We were seated next to the kitchen doors by the bar were it is noisy and we hear a bell from the kitchen every minute. Our server took well over 15 minutes to even take a drink order then ran off to get the wine before we could even finish a sentence and advise we had an appetizer order to place. We had to ask to switch tables to which the waiter found us a table then sat someone else there and came back and said whoops someone else is there now. We finally just walked out of the restaurant. The worst service and the menu was boring and plain. The wine list was limited as well and the food over priced. I will never ever ever go back it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!
- Good local restaurantOnthetownVIPDined on 7/22/2014Always good food, pleasant ambience and welcoming staff. Never rushed. Good place to meet friends. Food was good not exceptional.Special Features:
- Summer lobster special!LindaBVIPDined on 7/21/2014The annual lobster specials are wonderful! Choice of appetizer (3 choices), choice of lobster preparation (6 choices) with side dish and vegetable, and even dessert. My husband and I have tried four of the 6 preparations (all pre-shelled and lovingly placed back in the shell for presentation) and all are outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining!!!tonytatmolloyDined on 7/17/2014I have been taking groups from my academic institution to Chadwick's for lunch/dinner for the past several years. Their service is always excellent, and their food is fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Almost perfectBigFoot2Dined on 7/15/2014Food, service and prices were excellent. Only downside - which is unavoidable - there were a few screaming kids at the next table. I use this place for business lunches and it was hard to discuss business with the noise. I frequently have meetings here and that is not usual - most of the time we get a quiet corner.Special Features:
- Thanks Willie!lkrolDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter, Willie, made it a great night of dining! Food was delicious, service great and atmosphere excellent! While we waited for our guests at the bar - Kenny was attentive, pleasant and professional! An excellent restaurant in the heart of RVC!Special Features:
- lolaDined on 7/11/2014excellent in every way-cant wait to come back-elyse is wonderful!Special Features:
- Chadwick's CharmsAl101713VIPDined on 7/11/2014We've been to Chadwick's many times. It has always been a terrific dining experience. The food, service and ambiance create a top notch night out. The food is perfectly prepared. The staff is always making sure we are pleased with everything.Special Features:
- Reliable yet innovativeLindaBVIPDined on 7/9/2014Chadwick's has always been a choice spot for us, but since the chef has purchased the restaurant it has gotten even better!! The menu has something for everyone from the foodie to the fussy to the only meat and potatoes customer. You can't go wrong, everyone will leave feeling the chef had "just them" personally in mind. Lobster specials for summer are truly SPECIAL! Not just the broiled or boiled, but prepared with care and removed from the shell and carefully tucked back in for your convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except missing the lobster!LynnDined on 7/3/2014We went here for a birthday lunch. We sat outside before lunch and my 86 year old Mom reviewed the specials written outside on the chalkboard menu. She commented on how long its been since she had lobster (one of the specials) and truly looked forward to it. Alas, when we went inside to eat, it turned out that the lobster had not been delivered. Positive note: fresh lobster when available. Negative: attention to detail....erase your sign. Otherwise, the service was a bit slow but made up for it with attentiveness. The food delicious and creative. Definitely will be back. And note the parking regs in RVC have eased up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/17/2014The atmosphere was very nice, the service was very good, and the lobster salad was amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014GREAT FOOD -EXCELLENT SERVICE -VARIED MENU MAKES FOR EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCESpecial Features:
- Dinner with friendsSuffolkdinerDined on 6/1/2014Our food was just delicious, but the drinks were a bit pricy...Special Features:
- The following 179 reviews are from the Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar reviews archive.
- PatrickVIPDined on 5/19/2014The Onion Soup Burger made our day! My son cooks burgers for a living but took my suggestion to try it & was glad he did.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014Excellent food and service; would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go to RVC restaurantcurlytopsVIPDined on 5/13/2014Always happy with dinner at Chadwicks - its our 'go to' restaurant in Rockville Centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mother's Day DinnerFindsfoodfunVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had never gone out to dinner for Mother's Day. We chose Chadwick's because of it's nice ambience and low noise level. As a party of 7 we wanted to be somewhere we would be able to hear everyone at the table. Chadwick's was outstanding. The food was delicious, the service attentive but not all over us. We enjoyed tasty cocktails and even the house Merlot got a thumbs up from one picky member of our group! I would highly recommend Chadwicks'. The location, directly across from the LIRR station also makes it a great place to meet those who may travel from the City or other parts of LI.Special Features:
- KK28Dined on 5/8/2014Has a gift certificate an decided last minute to try it for lunch - food was delicious, service was excellent and the decor was quite attractive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!Dulcebella816Dined on 5/4/2014OMG! This place is amazing! The ambiance, service, food was A+++++. I went for Long Island Restaurant Week and had the pre-fixe menu. I tried the chicken meatballs, the tilapia and the S'mores dessert. Our waiter was so nice and although they ran out of desserts from the pre-fixe menu, he allowed us to choose any from the regular menu. The restaurant is a bit small but cozy. I will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Not going back!RVCDinerVIPDined on 5/2/2014Make an Open Table reservation and when we arrived we were treated like 2nd class citizens. Had been here in the past and food was good, but with so many choices in the area - with food, in many cases much better, no reason to leave my party waiting or just offer us a table in the extremely loud bar area, when empty tables in the dining room were available. In fairness, we were told if the other party didn't show in 15 minutes (20 minutes past reservation) we could have a dining room table - decided if they wanted our business that night or ever again, they would not have made us wait.