Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar
49 Front Street
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chadwicksli.com/
- Phone: (516) 766-7800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Art Gustafson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full off premise catering menu available for parties of 10 to 200 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private in-house catering facilities on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, as well as weekday/weeknights.
- Private Party Contact: Robert DeMattia 5167667800x
A word from Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar features New and Classic American Cuisine in a warm and inviting casual dining room. Our innovative kitchen, led by executive chef Art Gustafson, prepares creative daily specials, chef tastings and eclectic menu selections created to impress every palate. The contemporary American cuisine, together with the hospitality offered by our attentive staff instantly make you feel at home. Enjoy our happy hour, featuring daily drink and appetizer specials in our cocktail lounge, nicely appointed with a welcoming fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (21)good for groups (20)romantic (18)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Consistently GoodOnthetownVIPDined on 11/18/2014Food and service are consistently good. One of the few restaurants where you can have a nice dinner with friends and actually carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsDinner42Dined on 11/17/2014Had a nice dinner with friends. Nick was our server, he was very professional and did a great job. Three of us had the cedar plank salmon ----delicious, the potato croquette was just ok. Tilapia was very good . We never felt rushed and we all agreed we would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place chef owned & great quality food!AsheeVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great restaurant & great romantic bar & just ok for sports but food is quality , great & good & diverse & creative! I would re commend it. also the bartender Allison is the best! She makes everyone feel at home & makes the craziness of making drinks for there entire venue seem sane! Lol
- Surprising and delightful restaurantTheatreCrazyDined on 11/14/2014Great surprise find! Food is very fresh. Crab cakes were definitely just made. Sauce was excellent. Try the Gnudi ! Handmade pasta with ricotta and stuffed with mozzarella . A twist on gnocchi pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINNER, GREAT FOOD, ROMANTIC!CANDLESHOPPERDined on 11/7/2014TRIED CHADWICK FOR RESTAURANT WEEK AND WAS SO PLESANTLY SURPRISED. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT, OUR SERVER, NICK PROVIDED WONDERFUL SERVICE TO US. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND AND WILL BE RETURNING OFTEN. GREAT ROMANTIC RESTAURANT.Special Features:
- DisappointingVegasgirl21Dined on 11/2/2014We had eaten here before and the food was great and the service good. This was restaurant week so the experience was much different. The choice of food was limited. We waited awhile before we were even acknowledged. We ordered wine, after we received it we did not see the waiter for awhile. Waited a long time(25 minutes) for appetizer which only appeared after we asked for it. The main course also took at least 25 minutes. No one stopped by to check.Once again after we asked for it it appeared. We believe the waiter was not checking with the kitchen. His answer "we're very busy and the kitchen is busy! " It's not as if the food came out hot, it didn't. Final insult, he forgot the coffee and used the old excuse "I was making a fresh pot".Special Features:
- Great findWantedwater2drinkDined on 11/2/2014If you are looking for a nice dinner to enjoy with friends, look no farther. The food is consistently very good, the hostess is very attentive and the price is reasonable ( not inexpensive) for a nice meal out. We have celebrated birthdays here and just enjoyed Sunday might dinners. Ps: the rolls are superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but pushytiomasaiVIPDined on 11/1/2014I met a friend there who I hadn't seen in awhile. The food options looked good (and food was decent though nothing remarkable). That said, one of the hostesses was incredibly obnoxious. From the minute we sat down, she was pushing us to order and get us out. When the waiter finally gave us the bill (he took his time so so did we), she came over and asked if we were ready for paying the bill. We weren't and even then, she opened the notebook to check. She then sent a busboy five minutes later to check and then stared at us until we paid, and left. I understand there are other reservations but there are more polite ways to address this (ie, politely asking if we'd like to move to the bar area if we'd like to catch up more).
- Excellent service, food and drink!JimMLINYDined on 10/28/2014Just do it! Perfect celebration for Shane passing Bar. From appetizers to sorbet/gelatto. A fun time and excellent food was had by all his sisters and brother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The selection of food was wonderful with many choices along with a price fix menu to choose from. The wines were delicious. Our server was courteous and timing perfect. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkMblongislandDined on 10/26/2014The food was just ok for the money. The server had an attitude problem.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!Papa46Dined on 10/24/2014Dined at Chadwicks several times; both lunch and dinner. Always a wonderful experience. Try it, you will come back. The food, atmosphere and service are super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining!LindaBVIPDined on 10/17/2014Chadwicks is the one place you can rely on for a wonderful, inventively created meal without spending a wallet full of money. Everything is prepared to perfection and presented to you with just the right intervals between courses. Never a disappointment, always leave satisfied and planning my next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & Vibrant Restaurant BarbestdiningplacesDined on 10/17/2014I've eaten at Chadwicks twice and both times the food was excellent! I had shrimp with garlic breadcrumbs - they were cooked just right and had a wonderful flavor. The vegetables were cooked just right-not to soft or too hard, and the potato croquet was delicious, not at all dry like some potato croquets. The restaurant and bar were busy, but it wasn't too loud to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great reataurantRede227Dined on 9/27/2014I would definitely recommend this American grill. Great food and very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Celebrated our 11 year anniversy. Excellent food ...Perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!DDeanVIPDined on 9/20/2014After trying for several weeks, my husband and I finally nabbed a Saturday night reservation at Chadwick's. It's so good! He had the prime rib special; I had the rack of lamb. LOVED our waitress. Will definitely go back if we can ever get another reservation!
- great foodetrapani87Dined on 9/20/2014Visited Chadwick's for the first time in a few years, and was not disappointed. All appetizers and entrees were excellent - and my group ate a mix of salad, seafood, and chicken. My only complaint is that the service was a little slow. It was 6pm on a Saturday and the restaurant was not crowded at all, but waitress seemed slow to take our order and slow to deliver drinks. Otherwise, A+.Special Features:
- Always GoodpattychDined on 9/18/2014We had lunch Thursday..ages 25-95!!! something for everyone...not a bit of food left on the plate! aPower llunch is a great find!!Special Features:
- Right side of the tracks.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/20142nd time there. Will there be a 3rd time? Absolutely!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AnniversaryJRFoodDined on 9/6/2014This place was a last minute pick - and we couldn't be happier. The atmosphere was romantic and the staff couldn't be nicer!Special Features:
- nice eveningLuv2bringfriendsDined on 9/6/2014We go to Chadwick's often. Food excellent. Floor manager very friendly and attentive. Our server Nick was great also. My request for table not near door was met. Our go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chadwick'sBlueDevilDined on 9/4/2014Celebrated mothers Bday with ten folks with ages spanning from ten to 85 Service was great as was all entries Treated us very well Visit once per month on trips up here Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickPbisaacVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nick is by far your best server there. I will always request him when I comeSpecial Features:
- service offNEVMSVIPDined on 8/24/2014I had been to Chadwicks several times but on this particular Sunday evening the service was very haphazard. This is not typical and they might have been understaffed that night. The food is consistently good here and it seems to be one of the few restaurants where you can carry on an audible conversation even on a Saturday night. I do think they could lower their soundtrack a bit but at least the music isn't aversive.Special Features:
- ChadwicksMomstarDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely delicious. There were three of us having dinner and each enjoyed their meal. The chicken cutlet bruschetta was huge. The risotto with shrimp was divine. Very warm and friendly place. Attentive to your wants and needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousVIPDined on 8/14/2014Chadwick's is a restaurant with an excellent variety of food. The quality is consistent and never disappoints.Special Features:
- "Chadwicks has it all!"nanbbasDined on 8/14/2014With great ambience, it is a warm and comfortable restauraunt with dimming lights and music at the perfect volume. The service was remarkably accommodating and pleasing. When I ordered my Chocolate Martini, it was a bit strong. The waiter noticed that I wasn't drinking it and asked if it was okay. When I told him it was a little strong, he took it back and made me a new one. Their bread was delicious, warm and crunchy! We all agreed that our appetizers and our main courses were outstanding. Of course at the end we couldnt pass up their dessert menu, which was absolutely delicious!!! If you're looking for a great atmophere, amazing food, wide variety menu and friendly service at a reasonable price, Chadwicks is the place to go.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Dining ExperienceNovemberDined on 8/13/2014A gem... Food is exceptional as is the service. This is the perfect restaurant for small and large groups as the menu selection will really please every palate. Their desserts are all made in house and is reason alone to come to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right side of the tracks.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014First time there, but will be back because of the excellent food, friendly/professional staff and attention to detail (manager introduced herself as we were being seated and after we finished our dinner came over to ask us how our experience was/service was prompt/presentation of our meal was done in a visual appealing way).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was the first time we dined at Chadwicks. The Menu was quite varied, so I found it difficult to choose my entree. I like that they offered half and full portions on several items. The seafood Risotto was delicious!! So was the Banana creme Brulee pafait. Service was very good also. Decor was quite cozy. We will definitely be going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!LindaBVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dining at Chadwick's is as cozy and comfortable as having dinner at Grandmas, if your grandma was a trained gourmet chef. There is a unique quality of a welcoming atmosphere with outstanding culinary options. I can never go wrong no matter what I order, from the menu, or an inventive special for that evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME Restaurant!!Mattingly373Dined on 8/1/2014I've been to Chadwicks several times and each time is a GREAT experience. The food is AMAZING - appetizers, entrees, and desserts! I had the crabcakes for an appetizer and my friend had a "special" (shrimp with mango salsa) - SOOO GOOD! For dinner my friend had the "Stuffed PorkChop" and I had the "St. Peter's Fish." Again, it was just DELICIOUS and the presentation was so elegant. Dessert was the "English Trifle" and the "Banana Parfait"....UNBELIEVABLY GOOD. CHECK THIS PLACE OUT....You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 196 reviews are from the Chadwicks American Chophouse and Bar reviews archive.
- NovamomDined on 7/27/2014You can always depend on the food and service at Chadwick's! The best!!Special Features:
- UnclekirbyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food ,service and ambience. Got parking out front, went on saturday evening. Hostess, server and bus boy were courteous and friendly. Got seated right away. Next visit, i will make it a point to check out the bar area. And for my friend Stu , yes there were cloth table coverings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicePbisaacVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been to Chadwichs many times and always enjoyed the occasion. This time I asked for an outdoor table and the maître d' said he would set me up and get a drink order. I sat down and waited 20 minutes for him to come back, anyone to come. I found him inside chatting with customers. He said I'm coming. The couple next to me complained too. They had been waiting. He finally took an order, we had no water, no silverware and waited another 15 minutes to get a glass of wine, draft beer and coke. With the number of great restaurants in RVC I can find another with good serviceSpecial Features:
- The worst service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014We were seated next to the kitchen doors by the bar were it is noisy and we hear a bell from the kitchen every minute. Our server took well over 15 minutes to even take a drink order then ran off to get the wine before we could even finish a sentence and advise we had an appetizer order to place. We had to ask to switch tables to which the waiter found us a table then sat someone else there and came back and said whoops someone else is there now. We finally just walked out of the restaurant. The worst service and the menu was boring and plain. The wine list was limited as well and the food over priced. I will never ever ever go back it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!
- Good local restaurantOnthetownVIPDined on 7/22/2014Always good food, pleasant ambience and welcoming staff. Never rushed. Good place to meet friends. Food was good not exceptional.Special Features:
- Summer lobster special!LindaBVIPDined on 7/21/2014The annual lobster specials are wonderful! Choice of appetizer (3 choices), choice of lobster preparation (6 choices) with side dish and vegetable, and even dessert. My husband and I have tried four of the 6 preparations (all pre-shelled and lovingly placed back in the shell for presentation) and all are outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining!!!tonytatmolloyDined on 7/17/2014I have been taking groups from my academic institution to Chadwick's for lunch/dinner for the past several years. Their service is always excellent, and their food is fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features: