Chablis Food + Wine
18588 Ventura Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Chablis Food + Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chablisca.com/
- Phone: 8183439100
- Hours of Operation:
NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH!!!
LUNCH HRS.: TUES-FRI 11:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Happy Hour: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Dinner: Sunday,Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday -Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Jorge Vasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private patio dining area and two private rooms. The main dining room accommodates up to 80 guests, the cellar up to 40 guests, and the patio up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Saeed Fazeli 8183439100
- Entertainment: Jazz Musician - Lenny Dedman Thursday - Saturday
- Special Events: From small to large events Chablis can provide you and your guests a memorable dinning experience. We are more than happy to customize a menu that will please both you and your budget.
Chablis has a private room available for your special event. Our Cellar room greets you with its warm and inviting interior. Available to seat 40 and can be closed off for complete privacy.
The whole restaurant can also be reserved and can accomodate up to 175 guests. Please call for more information.
A word from Chablis Food + Wine
Chablis Food & Wine is a full-service restaurant/bistro in Ventura Blvd in the city of Tarzana. Chablis is the ultimate neighborhood restaurant, offering guests an intimate, relaxed destination for rustic European cuisine. The scrumptious menu accompanied by the carefully selected wine list, will leave your palette asking to return to savor other dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chablis Food + Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)romantic (22)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (14)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Dime all the way aroundOzner101Dined on 9/21/2014The waitress was on top of it and hot to trot, food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHARLIEVIPDined on 9/20/2014I RETURNED A MONTH LATER TO CHABLIS. THE OWNER FUNCTIONED AS WAITER, SOMMELIER, & BUS BOY. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH HELP FOR THE SIZE OF THIS RESTAURANT. WE WERE THERE FOR 3 HOURS FOR A 2 COURSE MEAL. THIS WILL MAKE PEOPLE RELUCTANT TO RETURN.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was delicious, service excellent. We will certainly be back😄Special Features:
- MarkIVlovefoodVIPDined on 9/18/2014love love love this restaurant. Saad welcomes you with open arms and a smile, food is excellent, ambiance is terrific and soft the music in the background is great. Overall a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- s2artrVIPDined on 9/9/2014The food is absolutely delicious and presented very attractively. Service is the best. Sayeed, the owner, goes overboard to make everything so special. This is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary was specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had never been before & so glad we went! Excellent food! One of the best steaks I've ever had. The owner made us feel welcomed & was attentive to our needs. I had mentioned it was our wedding anniversary when I made the reservations & we got extra special attention.Special Features:
- valleymomVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of my favorite places. Always delicious food, although this time the steak was not as tender as I would have liked, but the flavor was delicious. The ambience is unhurried and relaxed. We went on a Saturday night and the music was loud enough but not intrusive. It set a lovely mood.Special Features:
- CHARLIEVIPDined on 8/23/2014PACING IS SLOW, BUT THE FOOD WAS WORTH THE WAIT. NOW HAS ENTERTAINMENT THAT WASN'T TOO LOUD.Special Features:
- Favorite gathering placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Consistently good food, nice variety of small plates.Special Features:
- Always enjoy it!DinerInTarzanaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Chablis is one of our favorite restaurants. The service is always helpful, the dining room has a wonderful atmosphere, and the wine selection is great. Tonight we took some out of town guests to enjoy the atmosphere, food, and wine and asked the Maitre D to select a well balanced red wine for the table. He came through with a very nice Pinot Noir, which impressed our guests immeasurably. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- NoisyBrendeVIPDined on 8/8/2014Came here Friday night about 7:30pm. Seated in front under lower ceiling as didn't want to be close to music but still very noisy, two tables near us very loud and lingered making it very difficult to hear my spouse......waitress overburdened with too many diners, food over all very good, when it finally arrived but will not return on a weekend!
- Hidden gem?Brooklyn2LADined on 8/6/2014We had a very nice waitress but we could tell that she was fairly new. The menu has so many great dishes that we will be going back to taste them all. Overall Chablis is a great find but still needs polishing to be that neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the bestmitsueDined on 8/2/2014I will keep it brief and simply. Everything about Chablis Food is the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again!angeljoanDined on 7/29/2014When we arrived for our 1pm reservation, no one came to greet us. My friend had a duck bone in his duck confit grilled cheese sandwich. The waiter never said, "I'm sorry about that." Instead he said, "It's a duck bone"--duh! He said they would give my friend a free dessert. But because they cut our "outside" birthday cake into 7 pieces, the waiter said he wouldn't charge the "cutting charge" and that would take the place of the free dessert--how cheesy was that! I ordered the short rib sandwich which I had twice before and LOVED. This time, it was disappointing! Oh, and we had to wait FOREVER to get our food. And there was NO ONE ELSE in the restaurant at that point. There wasn't enough good to make up for the bad. Never again!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good, as usual, and Lydia is still the best server in the Valley. What was not acceptable and what ruined the evening for us was the hour and a quarter it took for the food to be prepared. If this happens again, this wonderful restaurant will lose two of its most faithful regulars.Special Features:
- Waiting foreverSloanefamDined on 7/19/2014While the food was certainly tasty, we were seated at 7:30 and weren't served our main course until close to 8:45. Since no one was having salad or appetizers we feel this was far too long of a wait. Waitress said they were having trouble in the kitchen!!! We won't be going back!
- What a disappointmentYasmineVIPDined on 7/15/2014I've been to Chablis several times & always loved it. This experience was so poor, I'm never going back. First, one patron brought her dog (they allow dogs?!) and the dog was allowed to run around on the chairs & eat off the patron's dish. Disgusting! I love dogs, but that's taking it too far...especially for a nice restaurant. Second, our waitress Darlene was terrible. Her personality was cold and unfriendly + she was very slow. Should mention...the restaurant was empty. There were only 2 other tables occupied! Goodbye Chablis.
- yummyeaterDined on 7/13/2014went there for a family dinner, couldn't resist trying many of the small plates, all were so good. we all ordered entrees as well and were too full. won't order so much next time. the service was slow in the beginning, surprising as only a few tables were filled. once our server got past the drink orders, things went better. the risotto, eggplant roulade were delicious. the halibut was good but unevenly cooked, one end was dry. will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlover2Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent food. Very consistent and never disappointing. Good wine selection and friendly and intelligent service.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!!teachermom1954VIPDined on 6/21/2014This was my first time at Chablis but my sister and brother in law have eaten here before. I let them pick and they picked well. Really enjoyed my whole meal!!Special Features:
- Good food - but slow serviceFoodieDined on 6/21/2014I had a 7pm reservation last Saturday. There were many people seated inside the dining room, but I had reserved a table on the patio outside where it was quieter. The patio sits between two buildings and is sparsely decorated, so don't expect too much ambiance outside, but it is comfortable and quiet. I ordered the short rib mushroom ragout/crispy polenta/roasted tomato/ blue cheese crumbs from the small plate menu and my guest had the sea bass. The food was very tasty, and the presentation was appealing, however our food arrived almost one and a half hours after we put in the order. Too bad. I liked the vibe here but unless you have a long time set aside for dinner you may want to look elsewhere.Special Features:
- local gemSandyDined on 6/21/2014We had an excellent meal with very good service. Lots of food choices.Special Features:
- A Very Nice PlaceSNRDADDined on 6/20/2014We had an enjoyable time. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Top Notch FoodItalianFoodieDined on 6/15/2014I recently made a reservation at Chablis to celebrate Father's Day with my husband and children. I was a little concerned when we had been sitting at our table for 10 minutes with no waiter and no menus. I finally got up and found some menus for us. After that, the service was slow and sporadic. It seemed like they just one waitress for the entire restaurant! When she did appear, she was very friendly. But the food more than made up for the slow service. We had the filet mignon, spicy shrimp and scallop appetizer. All were absolutely fantastic. My father is a chef, so I was raised on great food and am hard to please. I will definitely be back to Chablis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ChablisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We love this place. It is great for a romantic outing but if you have to bring the little ones that is ok too. They are willing to split a dish or just make a simple pasta. Our 6 year old girls loved the carrot soup and Sea Bass. You can choose from their wine list or bring your own bottle if you wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! 4 of us loved itCheckerdShirtDined on 6/14/2014We had a reservation for 4 at 7:45. Walked in it was all a buzz, all tables filled...had to wait about 45 mins...but that was o.k. as not in a hurry. Small bar area. Great combo playing music. We look for places that we can meet, as we are in Burbank, our dining partners in Westlake...so this was a perfect spot. Split the ahi stack, for starter, had delicious bread. The food was slow coming out, but well worth the wait. We had a terrific waitress that made it a memorable evening. Salads were great...Salmon fantastic, peppercorn steak, not a bite left, crab cake small bite was perfect and enough for a meal with a Caesar Salad. Crème Brule to die for. Will definitely do again and have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suprisingly disappointedJanNoelDined on 6/14/2014I hate to write this as we have been here at least 8 times and have always been impressed. Usually their food is great. We raved and raved about this place to two food experts we had just recently met and invited them to dinner, our treat. I'm sad to report all 4 dishes were just "OK". Both couples split salads and I was kind of shocked that they came out with maybe 3 shreds of lettuce on each plate. I let this pass as the quality "usually" makes up for it. But the quality was also lacking. I almost always get the tenderloin & shrimp, which I've always enjoyed. This time the meat was full of fat and the shrimp way overcooked. In their defense they did have a large party of maybe 25 outside. So we're hoping that was the cause. Sorry.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2014food was good...only one other diner at 12:30 on a friday afternoon...a couple of men at the bar watching a game and cheering loudly...not a good dining experience.
- Charming restaurantAlwayshungryVIPDined on 6/7/2014What a delightful surprise! Good to very good food. Full bar. Excellent service. Live excellent music. Even a little room for dancing. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 309 reviews are from the Chablis Food + Wine reviews archive.
- Tarzana gem!FoodFitDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful ambiance, live music and very good food. Our dinner was delightful and the service was great. Will definitely be going back; one of the nicest places to eat in the San Fernando Valley!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurelCanyonGirlVIPDined on 5/28/2014Second time dining at Chablis -- food is traditional with a wide variety of appetizer and entree choices. Service is efficient, knowledgeable and friendly, and it's a lovely place to sit and chat with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashLuv91361lakeDined on 5/13/2014We dined there for my daughter's birthday celebration. The food was terrific. Everyone cleaned their plates. The ahi tuna tower was a perfect appetizer to share and very quite a hit. The clientele were all on the mature side so I assume they were long time customers. My 20 something group were impressed and will most likely return on their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day GemDiner1Dined on 5/11/2014Early dining was wonderful, because it was quiet, you could hear each other talk and hear the music. Our waiter was wonderful. Lovely evening!Special Features:
- Lunch is easyTravelingGalDined on 5/7/2014I always go here for lunch with business associates because the food is excellent, you can linger to talk, and the noise level is low. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Negative dining experiencexperienceddinerDined on 5/2/2014We had been to Chablis before and the food and service were better than average, but this last experience with a party of 12 left us all saying we would never go back. Three fish dinners had a strong "old" fishy taste and the waiter made an excuse that it was our sense of taste that was the issue. Our server could not have been less interested in our dinner party throughout the night. Overall, it was a negative dining experience.
- Excellent diningMichaelDined on 4/19/2014Had another lovely evening at Chablis. The place was hopping on Saturday night. dinner was first class. Our waitress was very attentive, and the service was excellent. Drinks were tasty and came out quickly. Again, we are totally satisfied. Recommend this restarurant to anyone looking to have a fine meal in an excellent athmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointingFoodieVIPDined on 4/17/2014Service was average at best. When requesting something as small as mustard it was forgotten after asking twice for it. Asked for dressing on side for the salad but the salad came out tossed!! Food was not very fresh especially the dessert which tasted frost bitten! Not a place I would recommend and we eat at different places regularly. Even the ambience was terrible very outdated.
- Fabulous for a really nicehappyVIPDined on 4/1/2014Fabulous for a really nice lunch and conversation. Moderately priced, delicious food. A real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great... if you have 3hrs to kill.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Food was wonderful, but the service was so bad it took our party of 3 a little more than 3 hours to finish dinner... and we didn't even get dessert. We didn't mind, as we were enjoying each others company, but if you only have an hour for dinner, skip this place. They're just way too slow.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate . . .OrrinDined on 3/12/2014Went to celebrate my wife's birthday- excellent dinner with an interesting selection of "wine flights" to accompany. Excellent and personable service, and a delicious dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.