164 W. 75th St.
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cescanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 787-6300
- Hours of Operation:
Sun.-Tues : 5-10 pm
Wed. & Thurs.: 5-11pm
Friday & Saturday: 5-11:30pm
Sunday Dinner: 5-10pm
Happy Hour Monday-Friday: 5-7pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering team can prepare and serve a sit down lunch, dinner or a grand buffet for 40 guests or entertain 60 guests for a cocktail party-all done expertly in your home or at Cesca. Price is based on day of the week and season.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a couple of options:
‘The Wine Table’ & Our ‘Private Dining Room’. Our Private Dining room accomodates up to 22ppl & our Wine Table accommodates up to 10 people. For any party over 12 ppl a Special Tasting Menu must be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Whiteman 2127876300x
- Special Events: Next to Beacon Theatre
A word from Cesca
An original pioneer of the casual upscale dining scene on the Upper West Side since 2003, featuring contemporary farm-to-table Italian-American cuisine that explodes with flavor and freshness. Housemade pastas, poultry, steaks, seafood, wood-burning oven, artisanal cocktails and an Award Winning wine-list, all complementing this warm rustic environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cesca reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (144)fit for foodies (120)special occasion (79)good for groups (55)vibrant bar scene (53)notable wine list (46)romantic (41)hot spot (29)great for brunch (17)late-night find (11)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful, Comfortable Dining ExperienceNYCVisitorDined on 11/17/2014Our server was awesome. Friendly, outgoing, knew the menu. Food was excellent. Every enjoy evening.Special Features:
- RodneyVIPDined on 11/16/2014A very good Italian restaurant with broad menu to suit all tastes. Good raw bar too. Food is very well prepared with fresh ingredients. A busy place with lots of families dining. Energetic noise level but not extreme. Nice servers who know their menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfullisaVIPDined on 11/16/2014We had quiet table and they helped my mother who had a walker. The food is always wonderful and I always find that the service is well trained and they like their jobs. That makes a difference!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will not go back.nofodinerDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant had bad food. Orr beet salad was inedible. The beets were from a can-tasteless, with overly garlicky dressing. My grilled chicken was undercooked, with rubbery fat, no crispness to skin. The service was fair. The noise level moderate. Tables were way too close together. I would not return. If you have a show to attend at the Beacon, pick someplace else.
- One of te better restaurants on the UPWS,JayceeVIPDined on 11/12/2014One of the better restaurants on the UPWS although it can get noisy. The food is above average and the service very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatKDG14Dined on 11/11/2014The restaurant is inviting and has a cozy homey feel. My husband had the swordfish--it was outstanding! I had a mushroom and asparagus pasta with a cream sauce which was not cooked all the way and the sauce was pretty pedestrian. We ordered a bottle of wine but what we ordered wasn't available. The waiter wasn't very knowledgable about wine and gave us information that didn't sound correct. This was our second time eating at Cesca. We may give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaroldDined on 11/11/2014GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE. GOOD WAS GREAT, SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING. OUR FRIENDS VISITING FROM CALIFORNIA LOVED IT.Special Features:
- upper west side gemDanMVIPDined on 11/11/2014In a neighborhood light on his restaurants, here is one. It has excellent food, a cool vibe and confidante atmosphere. Definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as I'd hoped it would bedeedsDined on 11/9/2014I asked for a banquet in the bar section, I got it. Our server was agile, informative and appropriately present and helpful. The pasta was perfectly prepared and flavorful and paired nicely with an appropriately priced Super Tuscan. Everything that the Cesca provided paved the way for an inspiring time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wine, poor serviceawuuDined on 11/8/2014My fiance and I had a delicious meal at Cesca, but that was overshadowed by the rudeness in the host staff as well as the waiters. The hostess on duty was extremely rude when we inquired about our reservation and the server we had spent approximately 2 minutes at our table the whole night. There are just too many great restaurants in New York to spend your time at a place with bad service.Special Features:
- Always deliverssusanDined on 11/8/2014Cesca is one of my neighborhood favorites. Always reliably good food with good service and while not quiet, it is quieter than most NYC restaurants these days. We have also enjoyed happy hour there in their bar area with a good wine and appetizer selection. Happy hours are always hopping!Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulousfoodieDined on 11/7/2014Can not say enough about this restaurant. Went there with our two daughters,their third time there and our second, waited in the bar area for one of our daughters and had oysters and a glass of wine, delicious and a lively bar scene. Brought to our table, requested a booth so we could have a little more privacy, our wonderful server, Nadine, accomadated us . Her suggestions were right on, very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was outstanding, one of our appetizers was octopus, best ever. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Nice quick mealVisitnycforshowsDined on 11/7/2014Stopped in before a show. Food was delicious. Service was quick and efficient. Great experience.Special Features:
- DCBCDined on 11/6/2014Great food and service. Very accommodating. Vibrant, lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again it's lovePoorDined on 11/5/2014This place has become my local favorite. Food is always amazing, service was terrific and the ambiance is sublime.Special Features:
- GreatmandeDined on 10/30/2014We had a great family dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food and service were great and it was a wonderful experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My all-time favorite place!irishechoVIPDined on 10/29/2014'cesca is without a doubt the most delicious restaurant ever. The menu is superb, sophisticated and satisfying. From the hostesses to the GM and the waitstaff, it all works to provide you with the ultimate dining experience. I had the swordfish and brussels sprouts the other night--perfectly cooked and simply delicious. I also enjoying having a meal at the bar. Whatever you order--meat, fish or the incredible pastas--you will be pleased!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/22/2014The food, service and atmosphere were fine, but we found it was too noisy for comfortable conversation. Once the lively crowd started to thin out, it was pleasant. We would recommend to those who don't mind the buzz.
- nicenoshinDined on 10/22/2014Three of us dined there before a show at the Beacon. Service was attentive but unrushed, and we all enjoyed our meal. Great gelato. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarlenedcVIPDined on 10/22/2014Allman Brothers music playing all evening in tribute to the Allman Brothers concert at the Beacon, set up the crowd many of who were dining before the concert.. The beet salad was luscious to look at and a treat for a starter. The eggplant parmigiano was served in a round baking dish and was crispy and light, every bite delicious. The meal was far better than the concert.Special Features:
- noisy crowds/food fine/service xlnturbicoastalVIPDined on 10/21/20144 for dinner on a Tuesday. Could hardly talk. This is one of the few UWS white tablecloth places. TUNA crostini appetizer good sized, okay on flavor but not memorable and quite mushy texture. Sautéed squid app quite good. Dining partners lamb shank looked and smelled good but absolutely nothing came with it... Odd for the price and given the sauce. Papperdelle nice not memorable tho good flavor. Fish entree was good. .. Best of the lotSpecial Features:
- Excellent New FindLorraine100Dined on 10/21/2014First of all, the food was delicious and appropriately portioned. Next, the waitstaff was courteous, professional and quick. In addition, the ambiance was warm and friendly. Finally, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeah Food, Boo ServicePoorDined on 10/20/2014I LOVE this place! It's right around the corner from my apartment and the food is always delicious! The only problem was the service. It took forever for our waiter to even acknowledge our presence, then service was spotty to say the least. I would definitely eat here again but if they seat me in that waiters section, I will ask to be moved!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/19/2014We chose 'Cesca because of it's vicinity to the Beacon Theatre and were very pleased with the choice. The wait staff was excellent. We were running late due to traffic and they did everything they could to expidite our dinners so we would make the show at the Beacon Theatre on time. The food was excellent and if I didn't live so far away, it would be on my list of places to dine more frequently. Will definitely return next time we are in the city and will highly recommend it to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerJaniDined on 10/19/2014The service was top notch and the ambiance pleasant though we would have liked to have windows. The food was good, not great, and the menu limited. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014We went in for a 9pm reservation on a Saturday night after an early show nearby. Even though the restaurant was crowded, we were seated right away. We were all looking for a quick meal on the lighter side - and this was easy to accomplish. Service was great - order taken quickly and the food arrived in reasonable time. Each dish was really good. Crowd noise was noticeable, but we were still able to have a civil conversation. A perfect fit for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but factory-likeimpressedVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was very good with big flavors. I felt like i was in a factory. The food seemed stamped out, vs. presented with love. Despite that, there was obviously an awareness of flavor and great ingredients.Special Features:
- An All-Round GemFoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014I really liked the layout of the restaurant, the food and the service. The restaurant is much bigger than one would expect as the bar area is on the smaller size but the dining area is fairly vast. The tables are not cluttered and the can cater for a small or large party. The food choices were varied and the food was delicious. Our waiter was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/16/2014The food is always good here. One person at our table had the trout and it was excellent. Pasta dishes are very good, too.Special Features:
- Delicious!BeckyDined on 10/15/2014We enjoyed every moment here. The service was strikingly competent and confident. We don't eat full meals and told the server. She split or spinach pasta and served our duck on a lovely platter giving both of us separate plates. Both dishes were prefect. The tables are roomy. There isn't that side by side crowded feeling. We have already recommended this restaurant to several New Yorkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CescaheyjudeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Interesting combinations of Excellent food beautifully presented can't compensate for the horrendous noise level. We could not hear each other speak at a table for four. If that isn't bad enough, they blast some music out. At my request, they did turn it off, but back it came 20 minutes later. Instead of serving martinis well-chilled in icy cold glasses, they serve theirs warm, in glass mini carafes set into stainless steel contraptions lined with ice. This elaborate, pretentious offering produces deadly awful drinks. 3 out of 4 had gin and vodka martinis. All dreadful. Won't be returning cz of noise and drinks. Too bad. Great food! Bread basket third rate.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceSUWSVIPDined on 10/12/2014As always the food was top notch but the service was very disappointing.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!foodjunkieDined on 10/11/2014this is the second time I have been to the restaurant and it's just as delicious as the first time! the service (especially Stephanie) is impeccable, the food is outstanding, the atmosphere is very desirable. I love everything about this place and can not wait to return ahain, the time between my first visit and second was only two weeks apart so you could only imagine how tasty it was for me to drive into the city again just to dine here...this place is top notch, I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014the food was absolutely scrumptious, but the noise level was pretty overwhelming.
- Can't Wait to ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Of all the restaurants we ate at last week Cesca was our favorite. Upon our return yours will be our first stop.Special Features:
- Great pre Beacon MealMusignyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Aside from the obnoxious host who could've ruined our evening, this place is a winner. Good food and service in an area that is otherwise limited to bars, pizza and bistros. Pretty close to fine dining just off broadway and 74th. Great pre concert venue with a fairly stiff tariff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but loud restaurant.KleineDined on 10/7/2014The noise level in the bar table area was more than energetic it was too loud and uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad BrunchBruncherDined on 10/5/2014Have always enjoyed dinner here, but brunch was a major disappointment. Very few non-breakfast items and we were there for lunch. We had two servers who had no idea what the other was doing. Salad was very salty, very heavy on the vinegar and when we ordered bread, it was white toast. It's an Italian restaurant, no Italian bread? Spaghetti with a very ordinary red sauce was way under-cooked. Felt really bad about the experience and missed a couple of my favorites which I think they could put on the lunch menu, like the roast chicken or the Frito Misto. Felt even worse when the check for this miserable meal came to almost $80 (with just one glass of wine).
- Not just a neighborhood gemSlueVIPDined on 10/3/2014We live in another part of town but make it point to come here. Food is delicious. Recommend the duck and fritters. Great wine list with very reasonable price range. Never feel rushed; service has always been impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeceeDined on 10/3/2014Almost everything is really yummy. It is low key but elegant.pSpecial Features: