5 Faber Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cescacharleston.com/
- Phone: 8437182580
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Soucy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Look to 'Cesca for all of your private dining needs! We can handle any type of event, from intimate family gatherings to corporate meetings and holiday parties. Speak to our chef to create a customized menu, and allow Cesca's owner to handpick wine selections for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Soucy 8437182580
- Entertainment: Live Piano Music Fridays and Saturday Nights 7-10pm
- Special Events: 'Cesca can accommodate your needs for meetings, parties and special events. Please call our Events Coordinator Stephanie to book your next event 843-718-2580 or feel free to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: East Bay Street
- Public Transit: CARTA stops on East Bay Street, a few feet away from 'Cesca as well as a free Downtown Area "Trolley" and Pedi-cabs.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Valet parking will be available. 5 story parking deck sits adjacent to 'Cesca. As well as metered street parking.
A word from 'Cesca Charleston
Experience 'Cesca…continental, comfortable, and world-class. At the heart of Downtown Charleston's transformation into a premiere dining destination, 'Cesca serves equal portions of elegance and relaxed ambiance. It is "very fine, though unrelentingly rustic"… an authentic dining experience borne of its founders' Italian heritage and the pedigreed experience of its executive chef.Continued
Chef Kevin Soucy presents simple yet extraordinary fare, offering a highly personal menu he describes as "interpretive Southern regional Italian cuisine".
Chef Kevin Soucy presents simple yet extraordinary fare, offering a highly personal menu he describes as "interpretive Southern regional Italian cuisine".
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
'Cesca Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was amazing. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The food was amazing. It was apparently their last night before they close the restuarant. The service was fair since we had to wait for nearly thirty minutes for the waiter to come to our table and another 30-45 minutes to get our food. Although, the waiter did offer to get us a free dessert since we had to wait so long. I would defintely go again if I could. It is such a shame that such an amazing restuarant is closing.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013we had a really great experience, waiter, food, ambiance easy to get to. asked the waiter how long the restaurant had been there and he said 7 months and the staff had found out before opening that evening they would be closing, last night to serve. Sad.... seems weekend business was good but week days very slow.
- goodbye cesca,, you'll be missed!DyanaWDined on 2/16/2013There were a few signs something funny was going on.... No mint for my 2nd mojiti, no lime for my husbands drink, paper napkins, 1 page menu. But we didn't figure it out until leaving. Glad we could experience this gem on their last night of business! Wish we would have tried it earlier! Restaurant is gorgeous!Special Features:
- Our server spilled the wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Our server spilled the wine and never offered to help or clean up. Forgot drink orders. Served with paper napkins. Would not return.Special Features:
- Overall a disappointing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013Overall a disappointing experience. The restaurant is beautiful, but we knew something was fishy when this "high end" Italian restaurant had paper napkins on the table. The wine list was nice, but the waitress brought a '07 instead of '06, and tried to just pretend that is what I ordered, turns out they were out of '06. My appetizer carpaccio was ok, but was drenched in wilted greens, my wife ordered the soup of the day which was Tomato, it was fine. My wife ordered the lobster Mac n cheese, which was not as advertised but tasted good, seemed more like a cream sauce, than what you would expect for the dish. I ordered the trio of fish. He tuna was overlooked, but the salmon and swordfish were ok. Cesca is not worth the price tagSpecial Features:
- My wife and I had a very pleasurablOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I had a very pleasurable experience at 'Cesca. The food was delicious. The wine list was inviting, and the service was outstanding! We will definitely be back for another special occasion. Thank you for a wonderful experience! -John MoseleySpecial Features:
- Poor management, even worse servicedrh0214VIPDined on 2/14/2013Seated on time but told they were short of wine lists, our waiter showed up 20 minutes later to offer water and take a drink order. When told we didn't have a wine list, she blamed the hostess and took off. 10 minutes later the water and wine list showed up.....finally in another 15 minutes later our bottle of wine showed up. This pattern continued the rest of the evening. The manager spent most of the time clearing and setting tables and never once came by our table.....until we were putting our coats on to leave after dinner! Even when we received the check, the wine that we had selected from the special 1/2 price wine list was billed full price! Great food spoiled by very poor service.Special Features:
- slow service but good foodValentinesDined on 2/14/2013It was Valentine's Day and they were very friendly and set the mood for the night with a single rose for all the ladies in the house. Our service was slow and it didn't seem like they had a full house. Even the couple next to us commented on how long it took for they're drink orders to be brought out. Not a bad place by any stretch just make sure you go on a night when you have time and patience.Special Features:
- VERY DISAPPOINTEDNealVIPDined on 2/14/2013FOUR OF US WENT OUT FOR VALENTINE'S NIGHT AND WERE EXCITED TO HAVE SOME GOOD ITALIAN FOOD. WHEN WE ASKED IF WE COULD SUBSTITUTE ONE OF THE 3 FISH IN THE SEAFOOD SELECTION, SINCE MY WIFE DOESN'T LIKE SALMON, WE WERE TOLD THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHECK WITH THE KITCHEN. THEY CAME BACK AND SAID THEY COULD, THEN AFTER HAVING OUR SALADS WE WERE TOLD THEY ONLY HAD THE TUNA REMAINING. THAT WAS AT 6:30 ON VALENTINE'S NIGHT THEY HAD ALREADY RUN OUT OF ONE OF THE SPECIALS SEAFOOD SELECTIONS. . . AND THE PLACE WAS NOT VERY CROWDED. THE TUNA WAS BLAND AND OVERCOOKED. AT LEAST THE WINE WAS GOOD, AND WE GOT TO POUR IT OURSELVES:(THE SERVICE WAS SLOW, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING IT WAS EARLY IN THE EVENING AS WE HAD AN EVENT FOLLOWING DINNER.NOT GOING
- This place is okay. The roomMrLekayVIPDined on 2/13/2013This place is okay. The room is lovely and the service was very good. The food however was hit and miss. My wife really enjoyed her rissoto but my pasta dish was not very good. The kitchen pulled the pasta out of the cooking water but did not let it drain. The result was a pasta dish that was so watered down that it had absolutely no taste. There was a big puddle of water in the bottom of the dish. I showed it to our server and to their credit the cost of the dish was deducted from our bill and I got a personal apology from the Manager. That truly goes a long way in smoothing over a problem. The Canoli dessert was amazingly good and the wine list was quite extensive. We live here and will give it another shot for sure.Special Features:
- the atmosphere and the noisedisasterVIPDined on 2/9/2013the atmosphere and the noise level were the best in Charleston. Even though the dining room was nearly full and a piano player was playing in the bar it was still easy to talk. adding a few lighter dishes to the menu would make it even better.Special Features:
- My family and I keep comingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/6/2013My family and I keep coming back to Cesca because of the wonderful food, ambiance, and service. We would highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys authentic Italian in a quiet environment.Special Features:
- A friend of mine and I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/5/2013A friend of mine and I had the pleasure of dining here. The menu was extensive and we both easily found meals to our liking. The service was impeccable - Matt and Denis worked as a good team.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013The food and service were very good. We couldn't decide on a wine, so our server, Stephanie, brought several for us to taste. I was impressed.Special Features:
- Awesome food, and menu. GReatPoogansDined on 1/26/2013Awesome food, and menu. GReat execution of Authentic Italian Food.Special Features:
- First experience was ok. LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013First experience was ok. Love the decor! Very warm and inviting. Service was a little slow. Would give it another trySpecial Features:
- We were one of just two tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We were one of just two tables on Saturday night. We had a nice time but were wondering the whole time what we didn't know about he place because it was so attractive. Two things we did not like, It was Italian and the bottle of expensive Barollo we ordered was corky tasting. One person did not like the veal dish which had a pile of arugula on top of it. He said it was very average and would not go back. Everyone else liked their food. The wait staff were very good.j
- EhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013I have been here a couple of times and it has always been excellent. This time was very disappointing. I kept reviewing and reviewing the menu and could not find anything I wanted to eat. My mom felt the same way. Love the ambiance and restaurant and service was good. But menu options were very disappointing. Boo.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner. ExceededOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Delicious dinner. Exceeded expectations. Excellent service. A real authentic Italian restaurant. Will definitely return and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- We regularly go to 'CescaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013We regularly go to 'Cesca and always have a great meal. Choices during Restaurant Week were very nice and we love the ambiance and super service given by Steve and all the staff.Special Features:
- A charming restaurant withCounselorDined on 1/19/2013A charming restaurant with excellent food! It's not directly on East Bay, so it's a little harder to find, but it's well worth it. There are a few steps into the restaurant and the cobblestones on the approach make it a challenge for the physically challenged. The wait staff are friendly and attentive. My only disappointment was although we called to say we were celebrating a special birthday and mentioned it again upon arrival, it was not acknowledged at all. A pianist played all evening and he was excellent. We did not feel rushed at all. Everything from wine to dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Stylish and comfortable trattoriaStedeBonnetDined on 1/19/2013Enjoyed a nice meal for restaurant week. Good entree selections. Nothing jaw-dropping but all very good. Very nicely appointed and comfortable space. Attentive, personable service. Excellent prices on close-out wine bin selections.Special Features:
- Fabulous Italian FoodNYCFoodyVIPDined on 1/18/2013This was our third time dining there and the food was wonderful. We ate off the Restaurant Week menu and everything was delish! I mainly chose this place because they give you quite a selection for Restaurant Week. Some places only give you a few choices for dinner and Cesca gives you four. As much as our party of six loved the 3 course meal, we all still admitted that the meatballs could use a little less oregano. (These were ordered on the side.) That said, they were much better than the first time we went.Special Features:
- I was hoping for a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013I was hoping for a romantic meal in downtown charleston. But instead, we got a pricey version of the Olive Garden. The beef carpaccio was great, but our next two courses were mediocre. The spacing between our pasta course and entrees was at least half an hour. We were going to have the tiramisu, but it took our server 10mins to notify us that they were out. We were overall pretty disappointed. Our super Tuscan was pretty good....
- Uninviting and NOT going back againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Our service was so bad that we will never go back. There were 4 in our party. One ordered a beer,me a bottle of wine and the waiter left without asking if the others wanted anything else to drink. 20 minutes later the wine came and my husband asked for a cocktail. It took 15 minutes to arrive. He was never asked if he wanted another nor was the empty glass removed. 15-20 minutes later the waiter returned to take our order. Desert was plopped down in front of us without a word. Since we each had the assortment of Italian deserts, 4 bite size goodies, it would have been nice to have had an explanation of what they were. In addition everyone from hostess on looked unfriendly-not one person smiled nor seemed interested in the customers.
- A fun evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013We had a fun evening! Our waiter was helpful and knowledgeable. He stayed "on top" of the table, but others we asked for a spoon, forgot. As far as the food: no one liked the pickled veggies beforehand. We liked the idea, not the pickling. We thoroughly enjoyed the artichokes! Short rib comments were, good, but not truly short ribs, more a roast. The duck was very tasty, and I understand the risotto was well done. The dessert selection, varied minis, we all loved. A very good concept! I did not eat the salad, tho I considered it. I was glad I chose the tuna, delicious. I did notice someone on the floor constantly watching our table, and others; to see if all was handled?Special Features:
- Service was very nice. IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013Service was very nice. I felt we'll taken care of. I didn't like how some ingredients in dishes were left out of the description. (Take care those of you who don't care for olives- they are in everything!!)Special Features:
- Wonderful find!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013My husband and I were pleased and surprised to find such great food, great service, and lovely atmosphere for their "specially priced" menu. My husband was particularly pleased with the serving sizes (sufficient but not skimpy). We were very fortunate to be in Charleston for restaurant week and find this great place. It felt intimate but friendly. I hope we get Matt next time, he was our super-efficient waiter. I wish we lived closer so we could go more often.Special Features:
- The food was very good; however,MaryDined on 1/14/2013The food was very good; however, was a bit disappointed in the amount of the duck in the dish. My sister's short ribs were also very good and our appetizers of salad and my ahi tuna was likewise very good. We enjoyed the dessert tasting which was perfect to end the meal. We enjoyed one of the 1/2 priced bottles of wine recommended by our server. Our server, Matt, was attentive and very helpful. All other staff was likewise solicious.Special Features:
- Upon arrival, no host wasMichaelVIPDined on 1/12/2013Upon arrival, no host was there to greet us for a few moments. The bartender awkwardly came out from the sparse section to seat us. Next, we waited (very patiently) for the waitress to notice our arrival. After 20 minutes she asked for our drink order and gave waters. The table next to us kept getting yo and sitting down making for an uncomfortable, clostrophobic experience. Apps and dinner were nice portions of over salted food. They clearly ran out of the special "truffle dessert" as we were given a strawberry, cookie, some soft pastrie and a coffee. The leftovers from previous tables looked more appetizing than the hodgepodge placed in front of us. Overall, don't go. Skip the windowless food dungeon at all costs.Special Features:
- We ordered off the "RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2013We ordered off the "Restaurant Week" menu. The salad was 95% lettuce, not much dressing and barely any of the savory items. The desert was "Sampler of Italian Truffles & Confections" which was 1 strawberry & 1 terrible cookie. Main course was "Duck Confit, Trofie Pasta, Peas, Wild Mushrooms, Truffle Cream Sauce". Typically the main ingredient of a dish goes first, followed by garnishes. The dish was again 95% pasta with some duck confit thrown in. Since the salad & 1 strawberry/1 cookie dessert cost the restaurant ten cents to make, then I paid $29.90 for pasta. Also got charged for wrong dish they brought and we sent back. Charge was corrected after we brought it up. Shameful. Not a good restaurant week experience/enticement to come back
- I ordered osso bucco. VeryLocalDinersVIPDined on 1/12/2013I ordered osso bucco. Very dry and not flavorful. My husband ordered veal melanese which was just okay. All in all, not an enjoyable evening except for the wine. Very good wine offerings.Special Features:
- Beautiful venue, excellentscbluedevilVIPDined on 1/11/2013Beautiful venue, excellent service, food mediocre at best. Some dishes so salty they were inedible. Won't go back.
- Food was good except dessertBeckVIPDined on 1/11/2013Food was good except dessert - not,notable at all. The dessert assortment we were served was never described to us. Service very poor. 3 of 4 drinks were wrong - ordered on the rocks but no ice & not good at all. We were never asked if we wanted a second drink or asked about wine with dinner yet the wine glassed were never removed from the table. This caused a space problem on the table. We were not offered coffee. We had to ask for the check. Will not go back & will not recommend.Special Features:
- Cesca came highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013Cesca came highly recommended to us by friends who refer to themselves as "Foodies". They were absolutely correct! Cesca's is our new favorite authentic Italian restaurant in Charleston!! The food was wonderful and came out the kitchen hot; the wait staff were professional, knowledgable and attentive while not being overbearing. Wine selection was robust and included regional wines which were fun to try. The General Manager was actively involved and even brought the second course to us. Wonderful experience all around!
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013Went for Restaurant Week and the food was excellent with very generous portions. It was our second time there and we may have a new favorite.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful restaurant.silversmithVIPDined on 1/10/2013This is a beautiful restaurant. The 4 of us tried it for Restaurant Week. The bread had no salt in it, the salad had little or no salad dressing, the short rib was ordinary, the desserts just OK. We would not go back downtown to Cesca unless the food becomes better.
- Great food, beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2012Great food, beautiful setting and the music was great. The service was terrible. Our waiter was unprofessional. We poured our own $110 bottle of wine, he smelt like cigarette smoke. Very sloppy service. The 20% gratuity was automatically charged but not deserved. Total bill for around $750 did not meet the experience. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Very Impressed with the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/29/2012Very Impressed with the quality of the service. Host Staff friendly and professional. Our server, Matt, was very well versed on wine selection and composition and preparation of all menu items. My group of six enjoyed a private yet festive dinner and were surprised when we found we had outlasted the rest of the diners.Special Features:
- We liked the authentic ItalianCharlestonlocalDined on 12/27/2012We liked the authentic Italian menu choices. The food was well prepared.