4882 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cerestable.com/
- Phone: 7738784882
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner at 5 pm Monday through Saturday. Closed on Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Scurato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buy out the restaurant any night of the week, including Sundays, when the restaurant is normally closed for business. We're also available for luncheons.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Scurato 7738784882
A word from Ceres' Table
Ceres is the ancient Roman goddess of the harvest. Ceres' Table is Chef Giuseppe Scurato's restaurant, serving contemporary American food, with an Italian - and in particular, Sicilian, influence, in an understated and relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ceres' Table reviews from OpenTable diners
- Continues to amazetruthtellerVIPDined on 11/30/2013There is no restaurant in Chicago where you can get better food, yet its prices are much more affordable than places whose dinners cost much more. Everyone should try it. Ceres never disappointsSpecial Features:
- I had the calves liver. ItSalsaDined on 11/25/2013I had the calves liver. It had polents, thick bacon & grilled onions. It is a tasty winter treat for liver lovers. It was very tender . My martini was a "good sized" pour. Sometimes restaurants just serve a big, pretty glass that is 1/2 full...not here! The server was very attentive & pleasant. It's interesting to go back because they change the menu. Parking is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made our night specialCarlosSDined on 11/16/2013Ceres' table went out of their way to make my special occasion special. Our host wished us a happy anniversary when we walked in. Our server, Misty, was friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, and just professionally the best server I've ever had. The food was excellent and I will highly recommend this restaurant to my friends and family for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience in EverywayAntoinetteVIPDined on 11/16/2013WE HAVE BEEN TO CERES TABLE AND IS ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS! ! SERVICE AND FOOD IS GREAT!! LOVED THE DOUBLE PORK CHOP AND TROUT WITH TENDRILS AS A SALAD!! YOU MUST GO AND TRY THIS RESTAURANT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Foodie Food & Service!VinnyCDined on 11/15/2013This place is a gem. Locally sourced, fresh ingredients, inventive cocktails, a superb wine list, and expertly prepared food items will help anyone with any food preferences enjoy a fantastic, special occasion meal. The cocktails were outstanding (I particularly loved their take on a Hot Toddy) and from the antipasto to the tremendous squid appetizer to the AMAZING Brussels sprout side dish to our sumptuous entrees, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Oh, and the service was friendly and efficient and warm without being intrusive or overbearing. a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goupe of 6 of us all enjoyedMikeDined on 11/8/2013Goupe of 6 of us all enjoyed our experience. This is propbably our 10th time there in the last few years. Food was great as usual.Special Features:
- Amazing service, outgoing staffBrettDined on 11/4/2013Went early on a Monday night and were treated like royalty by our server and bartender, Jenny. She made the evening even more memorable. The table indulged and shared in the crunchy, crisp brussel sprouts and enjoyed clam linguini, pumpkin soup, mussels, and a round of deserts fueled with lovely, hibiscus and elderflower cocktails that were bar none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud on a Saturday nighttukkaDined on 11/2/2013The noise level made it hard to converse with my dinner partner. But we'll probably try again during the week. I loved my "veal brisket". We were less impressed with the branzino. Others do it better.
- Great serviceSadiecocoVIPDined on 10/26/2013We enjoyed every part of our dinner at Ceres' Table. We had a special request for one wheel chair spot and it was thoughtfully handled. Delicious food and wine, but best of all was the service. Our server gave simple easy to understand explanations to our questions and had a thorough knowledge of the food and wine. We live in the suburbs and met our city friends at the restaurant. Even though it was a bit of a trip, we look forward to returning to Ceres' Table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBrunchloverVIPDined on 10/26/2013What a great. Everything was superb and the wait staff was very attentive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findJamieDined on 10/25/2013Love this neighborhood spot. Very pretty inside. So friendly!! Always excellent service. The owners are always there with friendly greetings and suggestions. Love this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed in the service.CyntaVIPDined on 10/25/2013Very disappointed in the service. Seemed annoyed when I asked for a drink suggestion. Brought us a wrong appetizer and seemed annoyed with us by his mistake. Had to ask what the side of the day was on Friday. Yet again he seemed annoyed. They only serve one side. Had to flag him down to order a drink after waiting a good 10 minutes for him to notice. Now, the restaurant was maybe half full. Our server seemed more interested in chatting with the hostess than us. Overall, we felt like we were annoying him constantly but asking for suggestions and a drink. We had two drink all night so we were not abusing the service at all.
- Five-star Mediterranean cuisineBretBeallDined on 10/24/2013As a disclaimer, I will state that I attended a special four-course Farm Dinner for $50, with optional Bone Spirit cocktails for $15. AMAZING value for world class food and delicious, well-crafted cocktails. Talented Chef Giuseppe Scurato brings his Italian (particularly Sicilian) heritage to the menu, along with influences from other parts of world, while emphasizing local, sustainable ingredients. Service was very attentive, and I truly felt welcomed and appreciated at Ceres' Table. I admit to being a bit perplexed about the food-cocktail pairings, but given that everyone's palate is unique, I just considered this a fun, intellectual exercise. I look forward to my next visit to Ceres' Table!Special Features:
- Great ServiceStephanieDined on 10/22/2013We went Ceres Table to celebrate our 8th anniversary with family and the upcoming arrival of a baby. The waitress was great, knowledgable, and patient (we had 2 small kids in our party). We went there because I have heard good things and I know the owner is a local guy who helps out the Andersonville community. We had a great time and will come back, but maybe next it will be for date night (romantic atmosphere).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazeballs!LumiereDined on 10/19/2013Absolutely outstanding experience! We were greeted at the door by the owner, seated at a cozy little booth, and waited on by a waitress just bursting with personality! She laughed with us, joked with us, and most importantly didn't rush us at all to order/eat/pay. The food was delicious and came in reasonably sized portions. TRY THE OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CAKE. IT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER TASTED (and I'm not usually a chocolate cake orderer.) I will absolutely be going back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Bad...BummedDined on 10/10/2013Unfortunately we went here to celebrate our anniversary. I say unfortunately because there was a family with extremely loud children dining in the restaurant, and as we were the only two sets of people dining, we were very annoyed by them. It may not have been a big deal if the restaurant had been more packed. The food was good - not as good as the first time I went here, but still very good, and the service was great. Maybe just not the best romantic spot... I know you can't prevent kids from dining at a restaurant, but it sure would be great if parents would keep them at the table, and try to teach them manners while they're dining in not cheap places!Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousveggiechicagoVIPDined on 10/3/2013Everything was lovely, but the menu lacked vegetarian options. Great service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!kidintowDined on 9/30/2013We had a great time here for our 2nd anniversary. The waitress was joyful and excited about us, and the chef delivered our plates of amazing food, compliments on the melon salad, calamari, gnocchi, and peppered whitefish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The arancini are delish.....katyumDined on 9/28/2013The arancini are delish..... highly recommend. Had the trout and can always depend on the most fabulous, authentic food at Ceres Table. Love, love, love.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbeatabletruthtellerVIPDined on 9/26/2013I eat at a lot of restaurants but keep coming back to Ceres where it's varied menu keeps changing. Hard to find more interesting presentations or better food at twice the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, friendly stafflallacenaDined on 9/20/2013The staff was accommodating and pleasant about two of us sharing three starters and a main dish. The arancini and the beet and arugula salad were good but not exceptional. The fried mixed fish was delightfully light and flavorful. The rice pudding with poached pear and roasted almond was fantastic. Ambiance was informal and pleasant, but a bit too noisy for table conversation.Special Features:
- Ceres table reviewJojo20VIPDined on 9/19/2013The menu is small and seasonal. I ordered the Sicilian meatloaf. It was odd looking and had a weird texture--sort of like pink pâté. The dishes that accompanied it, however, were good. My partner ordered calf liver. He thought it was good but they didn't give enough of it. The home run of the evening was their olive oil chocolate cake--totally awesome! The server was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- New Fall MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/17/2013Italian meat loaf with mash potatoes....total comfort food. Meat loaf was dense in a very good way...very filling and a lovely melding of flavors. Hubby got the baked pasta...another winner with pasta that looked like a thicker Spaghetti-O noodle but far superior to anything out of a can. Had a twist as Chef added a hard boil egg to it. And the lamb meatball appetizer was to die for...get extra bread to mop up the gravy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable foodiluvpepperDined on 9/14/2013It is hard to find a restaurant where every bite is delicious! Ceres Table is one of those places. We had a fabulous meal. Each item we ordered was somehow better than the last! So lucky to have this in our 'hood!Special Features:
- Outstanding!RobDargelDined on 9/13/2013Ceres' Table never disappoints. The melon, mint, feta salad was SO good. We go to Ceres' regularly because the food is inventive, carefully prepared and tasty. We also appreciate how friendly the co-owner/hostess is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2013I can't express enough how much I love this place. Ceres' has managed to provide top-notch food and service yet retain a friendly and homey feel to the ambiance. Each dish is an experience to savor. (Bonus: evening parking is free and plentiful on this stretch of Clark.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection of menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2013Nice selection of menu items utilizing fresh seasonal ingredients. I have eaten here six times and have always been happy with the food. Good selection of cocktails using unique ingredients. Ambiance is okay, but on the minimalist side. Waitstaff is overall decent, but could have been friendlier on my last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate restaurant with great foodCSOBEDined on 8/31/2013Long time Chicago residents recommended this restaurant it try during my stay and it was wonderful. A great alternative to get out of the city center and into a real neighborhood. The chef prepared interesting, but not overly fussy, dishes and it was obvious that the ingredients were fresh and local. Staff was friendly and relaxed, but efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very good. NotSalsaDined on 8/29/2013Service was very good. Not rushed even though the place is small. My grilled trout was served in a bowl with mussle juice. That was a very interesting presentation. Very nice variety of salads & appetizers. I had octopus salad. There was enough octopus for 2 to share. I would have liked a little more lettuce. I will return to sample their fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time's a charm.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2013I dined here shortly after Cere's Table opened. It was a birthday party so we had a large table in the middle of the room. The food was good, service was harried and it was really loud! I hadn't been back until this week. It was a lot tamer and I really had a chance to focus on the food. Everything was delicious and interestingly put together. The service was great, friendly and not intrusive. Great drinks menu. Overall a great neighborhood place.Special Features:
- All that and free parking, too?WindyCityLoVIPDined on 8/28/2013Ceres is a great Edgewater/Uptown find - across from a scenic (really) cemetery - the parking boxes cease needing to be fed at 6 p.m. - a triumph in that alone! Seriously creative cocktail menu - wonderful seasonal menus, great flavors and presentations and reasonable but not fussy-small, nor troughing-large portions. Our wait person, Misty, just rocked the planet ... attentive, friendly, funny and makes some mean drinks. Our party of three had three different entrees and all had clean plates. We shared a cannoli for dessert and left quite happy. Thank you, Ceres, goddess of the grain. We shall return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemHawaiiGlenDined on 8/27/2013We've been there 4 times now and Ceres never disappoints with it's friendly, smartly appointed decor and staff to match. The food is well thought out and almost everything there has a lighter, fresher take on some american dishes. In our last trip we had the tuna carpaccio (simple, solid, fresh), the rushing trout (a more subtle, lighter take on gumbo) and the grilled pork chop (awesome!). Nothing ever disappoints here including one of our favorites the arancine appertizer (risotto balls). The food may not blow your mind but it's truly creative and effervescent, enough to satisfy most folks on either end of the food spectrum. Throw in the always uber knowledgeable and friendly staff and you've got a winning combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just keeps getting betterSpartanVIPDined on 8/24/2013This was our fourth visit in the last 18 months and it never fails to impress. Excellent preparation and presentation of very fresh ingredients. Wine list is very approachable with numerous selections in the $30 - $40 range. Our waitress made an excellent recommendation that paired equally well with my fish and my girlfriend's duck entrees. Olive oil chocolate cake for dessert was mouth watering. This is one of our favorites in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocktailslfrenchVIPDined on 8/17/2013The food was great but the real gem was the cocktails. Pistachio Manhattan, it was even more amazing than it sounds. I was little disappointed that there were more vegetarian dishes listed online than there were available.Special Features:
- We have been to Ceres' TableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2013We have been to Ceres' Table a few times and celebrated a b'day dinner there recently. Food is consistently very good and inventive enough for foodies to try. Service on our last visit needed to be improved as our server appeared to be overwhelmed with too many tables.Special Features:
- First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013It was a gamble coming here as a first-timer on a first date. The tables along one wall had the AC blowing hard on them, so we moved to a cute little corner table and were very comfortable. Plus it was more romantic. Our server made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed every recombination - the very special wine, the aracine appetizer (Wow - what a surprise), and the tomato salad. We split the trout - out of this world. We loved the healthy ingredients and freshness. Definitely a good find for us health-picky foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally worth the Group OnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2013We went finally because I got a Group On. Not sure when we would have tried it without. It is pricy but is well worth it. If you are saving up for a special night out this would be a very good option in the north side with easy parking. So glad I saved room for dessert.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding!freshfoodieDined on 8/7/2013The food was outstanding! Incredibly fresh ingredients and each dish was packed with flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Want To Go Back!TakemeoutDined on 8/7/2013We enjoyed our evening at Cere's Table. Both the food and service were excellent. We can highly recommend the duck breast, risotto/ artichoke starter, the watermelon salad, and the fantastic bread! The wines by the glass were superb. Our host and our servers struck the right balance of friendly and professional. We suggest asking your server about dessert recommendations as I am not sure which are made in -house, and which are not. My Cannoli was the only slight disappointment in a fun and flavorful evening. I recently spent twice the amount on a dinner elsewhere, and it did not compare to the excellence here.Special Features:
- Back for food but not the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013The food was fresh and delicious. Great use of local and seasonal products. Our server, Jeff, was the worst service I have encountered in a very long time. We asked about the ingredients in one of the dishes and we had to drag the description out of him. Instead of asking us what we wanted, he waved his hand in front of us. Then to top it off, he didn't bring one of our after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.