3124 N Broadway St
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cerestable.com/
- Phone: 7739224020x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Scurato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ceres' Table
Ceres' Table features regional, Italian-inspired seasonal plates that pay homage to Chef Scurato's Sicilian heritage with respect to the technique, process and history of his native cuisine. A reflection of the Italian lifestyle, Chef Scurato has forged meaningful connections with Midwestern farmers in the spirit of cooking with seasonal, local and sustainable ingredients. In the new space, Chef Scurato has expanded the menu to feature mostly new offerings, including homemade pizzas cooked to perfection in a newly-installed wood burning oven that sits in the heart of the restaurant. The Italian-focused wine list showcases a sophisticated yet approachable variety, with more than 90 selections available by the bottle and ten by the glass. Additionally, the craft cocktail program highlights classics and house specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ceres' Table reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (126)fit for foodies (120)special occasion (59)notable wine list (58)good for groups (48)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (36)great for brunch (21)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Food was very good. Flow of customers is kind of weird. You have to walk through the first part of the restaurant before you can find the host/ess. Wine is a little high for a neighborhood spot. Food was a little high price wise but not horrible. Service was good. But décor is somewhat blasé.
- Excellent Dinner. Plan to returnItalyDined on 9/12/2014Service is excellent, Each dish was excellent. Incredible presentation. Plan to return again with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great move!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014The move to Broadway from North Clark is a real plus for Lakeview. The old Frog and Snail has been opened up and brightened up but is still warm and modern. We went early but the place quickly filled up. Our server was friendly and knowledgable. I do not like sweet drinks but my husband and I both ordered the Sunflower tequila based, smokey and delishious. I had the seafood misto- deep fried squid, smelt, artichoke and kale with a large shrimp on top and aioli. We both had the bolognese lasagna with black truffle. It was delishious and portioned correctly but the truffle shaved on top was tasteless. The red wine from Sicily (which is where the chef hails) that was bright and complex for around $60. The list is comprehensive but a bit pricy.Special Features:
- Fresh take on ItalianboraloraDined on 9/5/2014This new incarnation of Cere's Table, which recently relocated from Andersonville, never disappoints! The menu is diverse and unusual, and very fresh. The flatbreads are awesome! We love to go with friends and share small plates. And the wine list is amazing. This is one of our favorites in Lakeview.Special Features:
- wonderful addition to LakeviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014I've eaten here twice. Both times, the food was imaginative but not too silly (as is sometimes the case). . . and very yummy for the semi-sophisticated palette. My only complaint this second time was the music. We were there early to get a table, but the music from 6 - 7 was more suitable for a late night bar. Kind of teenie bopperish . . . hard rocky. Maybe save that for the late night (younger) crowd?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mustleelu18Dined on 8/31/2014The brunch items are delicious! I had the benedict with butter poached lobster - it was divine. Our server, Lance, was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost some LusterHotelwizVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fourth visit to Ceres' Table, and kitchen and server had a sub-par night. Took 30 minutes for a server to take our order, finally submitted to another server who we flagged as he was passing by our table. Swordfish carpaccio was excellent, as were the calamari and hanger steak. Pizza was soggy in the center (undercooked?), but we didn't want to delay our dinner so we didn't send it back. Wine list is terrific, and service is very friendly. We'll give Ceres another chance, hoping that it was just an off night during Labor Day weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choiceSteveVIPDined on 8/30/2014It was recommended by the the concierge at our Hotel. We enjoyed everything from Apps to the Entrees. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truthtellerVIPDined on 8/27/2014The food was its usual fantastic. The service was unspeakable. The food is too good not to go back, but the service must be improved. It is not worthy of the great chefSpecial Features:
- Good food and winefoodie11Dined on 8/26/2014Ceres' Table is a great date night spot. My boyfriend and I sat outside, which was lovely. The pizza and wine was excellent. We ordered an appetizer, but it never came. It didn't get put on our bill, so I think the waiter forgot about it completely. Maybe it doesn't hurt to write stuff down. The tiramisu was a bit soggy. Other than that I had a nice time.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood eateryzimzimDined on 8/24/2014We've wanted to eat dinner here ever since it opened, and friends had recommended it highly. It was worth the wait. For five people, we shared seven dishes, all well prepared, attractive and tasty. The prosciutto/arugula pizza was a special hit. We'll visit again, for sure.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulbigbunnyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Attended brunch for the first time at a long-time favorite. Just lovely. Delicious.Special Features:
- Very GoodRCP90Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great meal at Ceres table. It was a nice setup, the service was great and the food delivered at a fairly reasonable price.Special Features:
- Food was fine, service was absentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014I stopped by with friends to give Ceres table a second chance after the first round resulted in spotty service. They were consistent in their low service standards. After ordering drinks, we ordered several dishes. No food showed up for the next 30+ minutes. This wouldn't be too long if we had ordered only main dishes, but our starters weren't even brought out. Even our starters that didn't require any cooking. How long does it take to prep burrata?!?! The food was fine, but the timing of everything threw off the meal. I would have liked to order more, but was afraid it would take too long. I am going to avoid this place until a new concept replaces it.
- Ceres Table - Great!JohnVIPDined on 8/18/2014A great addition to the Lakeview Neighborhood. Nice bar, and great food. A must visit!
- PASTA DISASTERlakeviewDined on 8/16/2014TWe waited for more than fifteen minutes before I had to wave to anyone to take our orders. A waitress took our orders after she saw me waving frantically. The waiter assigned to our table came over to apologize that it was busy. The appetizers were good. But the pasta - the bucatini con sarde - was the most horrible pasta dish I have ever had AND BELIEVE ME - I LOVE PASTA. I did not expect a fishy smelling pasta dish which except for a little spice kick - DID NOT HAVE ANY FLAVOR!! The fishy smell was sooo horrible. The waiter came over to take away the dishes and I did tell him about it. He was silent - NOTHING!!! Even a perfunctory apology would have been okay. I am not coming back.
- Great Italian faresusannadueDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food and service...nice portion sizes. Conversation friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingMomSaysVIPDined on 8/11/2014My hopes were too high. We have many restaurants in the neighborhood but none are outstanding. The fungi pizza was good (but served with the main, not before, as we had asked), and they have some nice wines. The tuna crudo was also good. The head-on shrimp were overcooked. I love homemade pasta and the veal bolognese was good. The bucatini must have been made with canned, not fresh, fish. It was way too salty. I hope they improve but will take my time before returning. To be fair, they are trying.
- Fun and differentRonSDined on 8/9/2014A different menu that we might not have thought to try. Servers were friendly and helpful. Each item was excellent. Enjoyed thouroughlySpecial Features:
- great experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Loved the Italian small plate concepts, as you get to enjoy numerous yummy dishes. Some were unexpected and amazing - octopus app, popovers, homemade pasta, super fresh pizza...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad managementOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014Host stand is awkwardly located. After finding it, it was hard to find anyone to help me. Generally was ignored by the staff, some even had a conversation in front of me blocking my exit from the bathroom and wouldn't move until they were done. Food menu was pretty run of the mill which would be fine if it were executed well, but it was just all salty. Seems to be going for a nice high end ambience, but not very successful in my opinion. Disappointing since I know the neighborhood had high hopes.
- Didn't lose a thing in the move!EricaDVIPDined on 8/5/2014So happy to see Ceres Table thriving in its new location. Some of the best dishes made the transition and several new ones are equally good. Our starter of steak tartare and gorgonzola was outstanding. The vitello tonnato (nice portion for sharing) showed why that is a classic dish. The fresh pastas are all different and are texturally satisfying. The pizza can be a meal for one or an app for 2-4. Ours had great flavor but there was a lot of liquid which made the crust mushy even straight from the oven. Great chew to the crust that was not soaked. We didn't leave room for dessert but it's a nice list and modestly priced. Expanded cocktail menu and nice Italian wine list. No brainer to go back again as it's not a typical Italian restSpecial Features:
- YummyPayitforwardDined on 8/4/2014Definitely check it out. The food was great. The wine complemented the food well. The service was excellent. Great timing of food delivery. Wide range of prices for all pocket books.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Wow! 5-star experience!Vegetarian17Dined on 7/29/2014Wow! Words can't explain how incredible this restaurant was. Delicious food, fantastic service, excellent ambiance. I'm literally so happy and thankful this was recommended to me by another restaurant. On my next trip to Chicago, I will most certainly be back! Great venue for vegetarian and couples date! Barrata was amazing! Knocchi was delicious! And wine was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The food was great. I went for brunch and found the waiters recommendation to be perfect seeing the menu was hard for us non-cultured people to read. The Bloody was good but a little too sweet. It tasted a little like pizza sauce.Special Features:
- lucky to have in the neighborhoodLakeviewLocavoreVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ceres Table just moved into Lakeview and we now consider it our favorite restaurant in the 'hood. The food is outrageously good and the service and ambience are its equal. I could eat the kale salad on a daily basis! My only suggestion is that the bar get a little less proprietary with their drinks so they can accommodate some basics (my cosmo was below average). I will be back - again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The food was good, with a great atmosphere however for the area and amount of food you get it is over priced. Since it is quite expensive for what you get I doubt I will frequent there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED!!!!!!!!LisaVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were very curious since Ceres' Table moved into our neighborhood but we had no idea what we were in for when we decided to give it a try. This was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had in my life. We just went to Rome in May and this food was better than anything we had there! We loved the burata, the arancini and the pizzette. We had the squid pasta which was also excellent. DELICOUS! Our service was also excellent and all members of the staff were friendly and kind. The dessert was out of this world! Also, we brought out 5 month old baby and they were very accomodating. Thanks so much for a truly great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014I've come here a lot, so I clearly like it. The porchetta I had this weekend was probably the first dish I've had here that I wasn't that happy with. The only complaint I have is the servers and busboys' tendencies to grab everything off the table as soon as you're done with it and look like you may be done. Please leave our table alone until every party is done with the course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronnVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was the second time that we have dined at this restaurant and we enjoyed it very much both times. The pasta sauce with the fennel sausages was picante and excellent. The pizza was good. The sturgeon was tasty and, in addition, the price, while not inexpensive was not outrageously high.Special Features:
- New BrunchKfbrasDined on 7/20/2014Had a great experience at Ceres Table. Nice variety of items, creative menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We were late for our reservation but were given a great table after a short wait. Everyone felt that their meal was excellent across the board. Service was a little irritating in that they were constantly removing plates as individual members of our party were done with the course.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014The appetizers were wonderful. Service was very good, we were nervous because our waiter had a lot of tables but he still got us our order, food, more wine, and out the door in time for the show. The drawback was that the gnocci was extremely salty and the wine was not a generous pour.
- Awesome meal!TracyDined on 7/15/2014We had a fantastic meal here - shared a bunch of plates among 4 people, and everything was wonderful. Not a dish let us down. The gnudi and the whole fish were both awesome, and the crudo was delicious, as well - and much larger than expected. We will definitely return here!Special Features:
- Lance was the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Food was lovely, server Lance went out of his way to make a special experience for us with menu recommendations and even a list he wrote giving us non touristy things to do knowing we were visiting from nj.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun East Lakeview gemHotelwizVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great service, Neapolitan/Italian menu and quality preparation, solid wine list. Try the amberjack, the pizzas, and the homemade limoncello as a send-off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceVic38Dined on 7/11/2014I mistakenly made the reservation for 3 instead of 5 but they were great and accommodated our group. The drinks and food were great. If you go hungry, opt for the larger portion of pasta as the pasta portions are on the smaller side. We will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-Short StaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014The food and ambiance was great. Our server was very friendly. He seemed to have the five tables around us as well as the entire patio. Other reviews have indicated slow/surly service. Our waiter was great but they seemed very understaffed. The service was slow but I think he did the best he could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and slow serviceDeboChicagoVIPDined on 7/10/2014We enjoyed our first visit to Ceres' Table in Lakeview. The food was very good--we shared a couple of salads and a whole fish entree. The salads were decent but not outstanding--kale was tough (should have been shredded since it wasn't the tender kind of kale) but flavored well. And the broccoli rabe salad was remarkable for non-bitterness (a nice thing). Fish was very well prepared. Service was notably slow, but friendly. We were never offered any bread, which we didn't notice till we were nearly done and saw most other tables had a delicious looking basket. This is one of the nicer restaurants in our neighborhood so we would likely return and try different menu items.Special Features:
- Meh!MartyDined on 7/7/2014Service was not good. Seemed like the waitress had too much going on with other diners. I had Porchetta, lots of fat, little meat. Desserts were pretty good. Probably wouldn't go back.Special Features: