Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
363 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ceresbistro.com/
- Phone: 5087542000x183
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Nemeroff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private dining at Ceres Bistro from our Executive Board Room with Private Lounge to our Club Room with Private Outdoor Patio Space and Outdoor Bar to our Wine Room with views of our extensive wine collection.
- Private Party Contact: Beechwood Hotel Sales Office 5084531112x
A word from Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
Ceres Bistro is Worcester's hot spot for new American cuisine, happy hour, and late night. Our sleek uplit pearly white bar is ideal for quenching your thirst after work with one of our many signature cocktails or noshing on our $5 apps like BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza or Mac & Cheese (happy hour runs from 4-7pm, and then again from 10pm until close). Our master chef serves up delicious specialties such as a Porterhouse Veal Chop drizzled in truffle oil, Dijon & Rye Crusted Organic Raised Salmon, and bistro classics like Steak Frittes. No need to wait for a special occasion to come by the Bistro. With mouthwatering options like the Turkey & Applewood Bacon Sandwich for just $9, you can get yourself a four star meal at an affordable price. Voted Worcester's best outdoor dining, our heated patio features new modern furniture, a pavilion for live entertainment, and even a small putting green. Stop by and tell us that you heard about us through Open Table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)special occasion (54)romantic (37)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (23)good for groups (23)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (18)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Good, But Not BrilliantUncleWaltVIPDined on 8/23/2014At points in the recent past, I would have said that Ceres was among the best restaurants in Worcester. However, on this most recent visit, it just didn't measure up. The table we were seated at had not been cleaned properly and the food, while still quite good, was not brilliant. Who knows, it might have been the chef's night off (Saturday?) or just the doldrums of summer. In any case, we haven't written Ceres off our list and will go back. In the meantime, however, my expectations have fallen a bit.
- serviceoccasionaldinerDined on 8/15/2014Table not cleared of crumbs between courses and new silverware placed on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeWidowDined on 8/11/2014Cere's Bistro at the Beechwood Hotel is not your average hotel restaurant. It stands out for its truly beautiful decor and outside dining space, its outstanding food preparation and presentation and the professionalism of the staff. You are in the finest dining establishment.Special Features:
- Patio PleasuresjuicybrucyDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for outdoor dining with without being on a sidewalk in town and Ceres came up fist on my search. When we walked up to the Patio we were blown away by the decor and setting!! The well placed roomy tables set on a "lawn" with a beautiful bubbling fountain just added to the romantic ambiance and we felt like we were at a resort..very cool! The food was phenomenal and very well presented, our waiter was very informative and knowledgeable and very attentive to details and all our wishes. My beautiful date was so impressed by my choice of Ceres for dinner that evening that I remain a very satisfied man thanks to a wonderful dining experience! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gazpacho was saltyBostonBabsDined on 8/9/2014I was served the gazpacho without the pickled baby shrimp. Neither the kitchen staff nor the server noticed this oversight. After receiving a fresh bowl with the shrimp, I was disappointed to find that the gazpacho was very salty. When this happens, you have to wonder if the chef tasted the product? For my lunch entree, I ordered the seared flank stead over a multi-grain salad, which definitely lacked flavor. Once I scooped the gazpacho over the salad, I found the best of 2 worlds.The steak was cooked to the correct temperature and did not require a steak knife for cutting.Special Features:
- Good timeMidmomDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed a relaxing dinner during restaurant week. All meals were delicious. Service is always good. A little live music to make things special and lovely outdoor dining. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting While He WorkeddinealotDined on 8/7/2014We arrived for lunch a few minutes early for our reservation. The gentleman host was doing some prep work at side of bar and said he would be right there. He continued what he was doing, appeared to be setting up mixes for bar. He finished one he was working on and to our surprise started another. After he finished he came over, and gee I thought I was the customer and came first. Lucky for them food there is very good or we would have left. We both had a two course special. My wife had salad & seared flank steak while I had Fried Tilapia and dessert. We split the salad and dessert. My wife's was cooked perfectly and was very tender and tasty. My fish was cooked but batter was thick and not fully cooked, had to remove. Overall disappointed.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedSloweDined on 7/26/2014This place has a nice outdoor seating area however the service was sub par, the bartender didn't know how to make a popular martini, the tuna app had no taste and both dinners (steak and lamb) weren't cooked to order both were way over done. It shouldn't be hard to cook rare lamb. The taste was good, just nothing else was. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Ceres gets betterCarlBigDaddyJDined on 7/25/2014Went there on Friday 7/25 and the Mitch Chikour band was playing that night. GREAT band (that plays at Mohegan Sun also). We ate outside to enjoy the band plus the excellent food. Warm night about 72 with minimal bugs. My wife had the pork shank and I had the swordfish. Both delicious.Special Features:
- Overall, Good EveningHippieDined on 7/25/2014The music and food were excellent. There were some delightful early evening specials. Mitch Chakor & band provided excellent entertainment outdoors which created a good mood among the many patrons. Flaws at the restaurant were the lack of respect for my Reservation by Host(s) which included misinformation about seating options available to me (informed later). Also, my server was curt and uninterested about investigating a proper pairing of wine with my food selection. An excellent chef provided the answer at the bar when I had left my seat obtain a proper answer. I do intend to return to Ceres Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and delicious.BkclubmbrDined on 7/19/2014A last minute reservation through Open Table resulted in a lovely dining experience. Food was delicious and service perfect; attentive but did not hover. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent food preparation and quality. Wonderful ideas to be rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PATIO LUNCHCharlotte7753VIPDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a tasty light lunch on the patio. Umbrellas provide fine shade.Special Features:
- Ceres always excellent!LovegoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014I have been to Ceres Bistro many times, for lunch, dinner and breakfast. Iam always pleased with the atomsphere, food and service. We just had brunch there on Sunday and it did not disappoint. Selection, presentation, freshness, service outstanding as usual. The selection of the brunch was so extensive and varied, definitely would please anyone. I recommend Ceres for any meal, any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite lunch spotsDAB4Dined on 7/10/2014I enjoy having lunch there in good weather. Sitting outside is enjoyable and I like the food and location. More variety would help for calories counters. also add move wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Great Spot for LunchFineDineDined on 7/7/2014Wanted to try something different from Shrewsbury St or Downtown for a business lunch - and this was the perfect place. It was a relaxed but sophisticated atmosphere with minimal distractions to have discussion. We sat outside which was a nice change. Menu was well rounded and the food was very good. Will definitely visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAngelaDined on 7/4/2014Service we great and the food was delicious! Love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesMikeVIPDined on 7/3/2014We were so pleased to come in after a warm summer day and just order app's which were all great... Maybe the best chicken wings I ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestMikeVIPDined on 6/26/2014We brought a friend who had never been to Ceres. He felt, as we do, that it was the best dinner he had ever had in Worcester. He also loved the stain glass and was thrilled when the owner stopped and introduced himself. Small town feel in a Boston equivalent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stands AloneWidowDined on 6/22/2014I can't think of another Worcester restaurant that compares to Cere's Bistro. The location is central, but they are an oasis. The decor inside is stunning and they have an enormousness outside dining area spread among plantings and landscaping. The food has always and continues to be exceptionally good. The service is professional and attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014We made our reservation for outdoor seating and we seated immediately at a lovely outdoor table. The view of Lake Quinsigamond was lovely. Everything was going very well, until my steak arrived way over cooked. I told the server about the steak and she immediately apologized and took it back, the hostess and the manager came to apologize, brought me more bread and then personally served my steak and waited for me to check it before leaving. The staff more than made up for the over cooked steak. Everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- Ceres was perfect!LarryDined on 6/17/2014I went to Ceres with a friend for lunch. We arrived at 12:30 and chose to eat outside. It was very quiet and it was beautiful! The menu is quite varied and very reasonable. Our food was delicious! I had the tuna tarragon salad on a croissant while my friend had grilled chicken flatbread. Both were great! Our server was outstanding. Perfect spot for an awesome lunch!Special Features:
- DAB4Dined on 6/15/2014The oysters, watercress soup, and wine were excellent. I will have to try making watercress soup myself. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Father's Day Breakfast1stTimeSomonaDinerDined on 6/15/2014Have had a good experience with breakfast at Ceres about a year ago and took my family there for Father's Day breakfast and we all were very disappointed with both the food and service.
- BrunchCmp6VIPDined on 6/15/2014We went to Ceres Bistro for Father's Day breakfast. It was good, but not great. We all had the basic breakfast food and each got home fries that were diffrent, some were heavily seasoned and some not at all. Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable and hostess was pleasant as well. Again good but not hitching notable.Special Features:
- dinner and brunchkengineerDined on 6/14/2014fun server and excellent salmon and calamari; brunch best poached eggs with creamed spinachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014A quiet place for lunch on a weekday. Outdoor seating on nice days.Special Features:
- June VisitJosieDined on 6/4/2014Baked lobster & seafood stew-both were disappointing compare to prior visits. Drinks & wine were great! Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great findJwfoodDined on 5/31/2014Awesome food. Great menu. Outdoor dining really perfect. It was a chilly evening but the heat lamps were ideal. We will be back. This place is a hidden gem in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMikeVIPDined on 5/29/2014Great to have a five star restaurant and hotel in our back yard. Menu is superb. Lobster pie was awesome. Our 5 other guest were as pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Worcester Diningtony508Dined on 5/17/2014My girlfriend and I went for a special night out. Getting there early we went to the bar for a cocktail. The bar service was very good and the drinks were excellent. We both were not too impressed with the décor. Especially didn't like the lighted bar or the material they were constructed of. Just personal preference. Our server was not quite up to the level I expected for the price, but she was pleasant. The food was very good and worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangedChangedDined on 5/11/2014Hi, This is the first time I've been back to Ceres since it moved from the Niche group. I was surprised at the menu changes and at first didn't like the idea it was no longer "small plates".. BUT the food was amazing. The salad was fresh and the main dish was full of flavor. I didn't give the food outstanding because my steak was overcooked and the vegetables were a little blah. The waitress we had wasn't good at all - but we weren't in a rush so it didn't ruin our experience or anything. The outdoor area is so beautiful and has enough shade that we weren't being overpowered by the sun. I would go back for sure.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014I book a reservation to bring together a group from all over the state for a Birthday. We weren't rushed out, spent 3 hrs there. The waitress allowed us to wait until everyone showed. Food and wine was great. And they allowed us to serve a cake we brought. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!HolidayHannahDined on 5/1/2014If you're looking for a quality lunch @ reasonable prices, Ceres Bistro is the spot! Our Open Table request of a table by a window was honored. My spinach & pear salad w/ citrus vinaigrette & garlic shrimp was delicious. My dining companions raved about the tuna, & especially the house-made pastrami & chips. Our server was attentive & knowledgable. Although this was my first visit to Ceres, it won't be the last!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 740 reviews are from the Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel reviews archive.
- CeresAndyDined on 4/28/2014The food was hit and miss but the service was great and they were very acomadating for our two young children. All in all a nice experience, a little pricey for what it is though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findBryanDined on 4/19/2014Ceres Bistro is a nice little gem in Worcester. Hidden in a hotel in the UMass Medical campus, I wouldn't have found without OpenTable - and I'm glad I did. Food was delicious, the cocktails were fun and the service was very good. It was pretty quiet on a Saturday night - only about half full, and cleared out early - but this didn't detract from an enjoyable dining experience for my wife and I.Special Features:
- Nice dining in the hotelclintDined on 4/14/2014We were pleased with the lovely decor and design, the well-cooked swordfish, the friendliness of the wait staff, and overall dining experience. It was especially nice to be able to check into the hotel and have dinner just one floor below. The one snag was a wine that was listed, but not available.Special Features:
- Food great, mixed drinks not quiteKewpieDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant has excellent food and presentation. It's a little pricey. I thought it was interesting they were still featuring their "fall menu specialties " in APRIL. We did not care for our mixed drinks, but the bar looked like it would be fun to hang out in (we dined, did not sit in bar, just walked past it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time LunchCharlotte7753VIPDined on 4/12/2014First time for lunch.... it was GREAT! Food was delicious, service excellent.Special Features:
- Real Deal of Worcester Excellence!HippieDined on 4/3/2014The food, service, and entertainment (Dale LePage Group) was absolutely wonderful!!!! I viewed the spectacular & authentic Cathedral Stain Glass Window in a Meeting room (Breathless).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.