Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
363 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ceresbistro.com/
- Phone: (508) 754-2000 ext. 183
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Nemeroff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private dining at Ceres Bistro from our Executive Board Room with Private Lounge to our Club Room with Private Outdoor Patio Space and Outdoor Bar to our Wine Room with views of our extensive wine collection.
- Private Party Contact: Beechwood Hotel Sales Office 5084531112x
A word from Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
Ceres Bistro is Worcester's hot spot for new American cuisine, happy hour, and late night. Our sleek uplit pearly white bar is ideal for quenching your thirst after work with one of our many signature cocktails or noshing on our $5 apps like BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza or Mac & Cheese (happy hour runs from 4-7pm, and then again from 10pm until close). Our master chef serves up delicious specialties such as a Porterhouse Veal Chop drizzled in truffle oil, Dijon & Rye Crusted Organic Raised Salmon, and bistro classics like Steak Frittes. No need to wait for a special occasion to come by the Bistro. With mouthwatering options like the Turkey & Applewood Bacon Sandwich for just $9, you can get yourself a four star meal at an affordable price. Voted Worcester's best outdoor dining, our heated patio features new modern furniture, a pavilion for live entertainment, and even a small putting green. Stop by and tell us that you heard about us through Open Table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (30)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (18)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (11)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- dinner and brunchkengineerDined on 6/14/2014fun server and excellent salmon and calamari; brunch best poached eggs with creamed spinachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014A quiet place for lunch on a weekday. Outdoor seating on nice days.Special Features:
- June VisitJosieDined on 6/4/2014Baked lobster & seafood stew-both were disappointing compare to prior visits. Drinks & wine were great! Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great findJwfoodDined on 5/31/2014Awesome food. Great menu. Outdoor dining really perfect. It was a chilly evening but the heat lamps were ideal. We will be back. This place is a hidden gem in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMikeVIPDined on 5/29/2014Great to have a five star restaurant and hotel in our back yard. Menu is superb. Lobster pie was awesome. Our 5 other guest were as pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Worcester Diningtony508Dined on 5/17/2014My girlfriend and I went for a special night out. Getting there early we went to the bar for a cocktail. The bar service was very good and the drinks were excellent. We both were not too impressed with the décor. Especially didn't like the lighted bar or the material they were constructed of. Just personal preference. Our server was not quite up to the level I expected for the price, but she was pleasant. The food was very good and worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangedChangedDined on 5/11/2014Hi, This is the first time I've been back to Ceres since it moved from the Niche group. I was surprised at the menu changes and at first didn't like the idea it was no longer "small plates".. BUT the food was amazing. The salad was fresh and the main dish was full of flavor. I didn't give the food outstanding because my steak was overcooked and the vegetables were a little blah. The waitress we had wasn't good at all - but we weren't in a rush so it didn't ruin our experience or anything. The outdoor area is so beautiful and has enough shade that we weren't being overpowered by the sun. I would go back for sure.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014I book a reservation to bring together a group from all over the state for a Birthday. We weren't rushed out, spent 3 hrs there. The waitress allowed us to wait until everyone showed. Food and wine was great. And they allowed us to serve a cake we brought. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!HolidayHannahDined on 5/1/2014If you're looking for a quality lunch @ reasonable prices, Ceres Bistro is the spot! Our Open Table request of a table by a window was honored. My spinach & pear salad w/ citrus vinaigrette & garlic shrimp was delicious. My dining companions raved about the tuna, & especially the house-made pastrami & chips. Our server was attentive & knowledgable. Although this was my first visit to Ceres, it won't be the last!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeresAndyDined on 4/28/2014The food was hit and miss but the service was great and they were very acomadating for our two young children. All in all a nice experience, a little pricey for what it is though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findBryanDined on 4/19/2014Ceres Bistro is a nice little gem in Worcester. Hidden in a hotel in the UMass Medical campus, I wouldn't have found without OpenTable - and I'm glad I did. Food was delicious, the cocktails were fun and the service was very good. It was pretty quiet on a Saturday night - only about half full, and cleared out early - but this didn't detract from an enjoyable dining experience for my wife and I.Special Features:
- Nice dining in the hotelclintDined on 4/14/2014We were pleased with the lovely decor and design, the well-cooked swordfish, the friendliness of the wait staff, and overall dining experience. It was especially nice to be able to check into the hotel and have dinner just one floor below. The one snag was a wine that was listed, but not available.Special Features:
- Food great, mixed drinks not quiteKewpieDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant has excellent food and presentation. It's a little pricey. I thought it was interesting they were still featuring their "fall menu specialties " in APRIL. We did not care for our mixed drinks, but the bar looked like it would be fun to hang out in (we dined, did not sit in bar, just walked past it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time LunchCharlotte7753VIPDined on 4/12/2014First time for lunch.... it was GREAT! Food was delicious, service excellent.Special Features:
- Real Deal of Worcester Excellence!HippieDined on 4/3/2014The food, service, and entertainment (Dale LePage Group) was absolutely wonderful!!!! I viewed the spectacular & authentic Cathedral Stain Glass Window in a Meeting room (Breathless).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyjrb35Dined on 3/30/2014been here multiple times for brunch! great for brunch, you can choose from the breakfast or lunch menu and it's not very crowded which is nice. service was slow at first, but got better and ended well. i was annoyed the roasted cauliflower soup was made with chicken stock - why? make vegetable soups vegetarian! they do have limited but tasty veggie options. the tort was served cold which made the dough gummy, ew. don't get that. everything else was tasty and portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dessert!LisaDined on 3/22/2014We went here with a large group. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I had swordfish with broccoli rabe which was very tasty. The dessert was one of the best I have ever had: sticky toffee bread pudding. Not typical bread pudding -more of a moist cake consistency. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in WorcesterRubyVIPDined on 3/21/2014Ceres has been amazing every time we visit. Exceptional food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Gem in WorcesterHippieDined on 3/13/2014Overall excellence in service, delicious meals & drinks (wine!), entertainment, & ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good and whenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Food was very good and when the wine we asked for was not available our waitress gave us a great recommendation for a substitute selection. Will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- Ceres BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014We love this place. We've eaten there 3 or 4 times now for special occasions and have never been disappointed. The service is knowledgeable and attentive. You never feel rushed in any way. The food is excellent with appropriately sized portions. A little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice celebration spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Ceres was an excellent choice for our birthday dinner. The noise level was comfortable and spacious accommodations to give us a feeling of privacy. The service was excellent and very helpful in making selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rushed by waitstaffHK14VIPDined on 3/1/2014The waitress kept telling us to hurry since the kitchen was closing. It was challenging to enjoy a nice meal so fast...probably would not book a later dinner again here. Our reservation was at 9:30.
- ExceptionalWidowDined on 2/25/2014Cere's Bistro is exceptional in every way. My dining partner and I both exclaimed about the delicious food, the service was outstanding, and the ambiance is unusual and truly beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleek, chic, and good breakfastSisterFoodieDined on 2/22/2014The Beechwood Hotel is sleek ultra-modern and very impressive. The view from the dining room and stained glass ceiling is very nice - lots of class and glass though not exactly cozy in the winter. I had the "salmon platter,' bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, onion. Good, fresh - kindof basic. Competent service. Overall though we were very pleased. I'd like to try a full meal have drinks at the lighted bar tables and maybe even do an overnight stay. It's got a cool vibe. Enjoy!Special Features:
- This was my wife and I's firstScottDined on 2/15/2014This was my wife and I's first time here, and wee were overly impressed witht he food and service. It's a little pricey but well worth it. We look forward to coming back here again.Special Features:
- Everything was great!AmyMDDined on 2/15/2014Food, service... everything was fantastic. We'd go again if we were in the area. I love the water bottles on the tables.Special Features:
- Ceres Bistro - Hidden GemWingManDined on 2/15/2014This was our first experience with Ceres Bistro and it was wonderful. We went there for Valentine's Day, and the overall experience, service/food was incredible. The bar area is contemporary with a white lit bar top giving a very cool feel to the bar. We started with a couple glasses of Merlot then our table was ready. We started with a fried calamari appetizer which was easily the best we've ever had. We then tried their Clam Chowder which was very unique with whole clams and leeks, and maple cured bacon, also excellent. For entrees, I had the Gorgonzola Filet and my wife had Sesame Sea Scallops. We topped it off with a dessert they called Sticky Toffee Pudding. Three words - Oh My God! This is now one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutMikeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Why drive to Boston to experience fine dining when all you need to do is visit the Beechwood? Perfect meal. I had a great steal while my wife had perfect Shrimp Scampi. Service was attentive, friendly, and made sure that our dinner was perfect. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unexpected GemMargaux8Dined on 2/9/2014Our wo nderful waitress went well beyond the call of duty to satisfy our every request: a bucket of ice placed on an extra table moved adjacent to our own for more space; more water in the wine chiller; room service for a guest who was indisposed; good knowledge of the complex menu. We dined well, in a peaceful setting, for several hours. The wine list surprised us with its sophistication and fair prices. The menu offered something for nearly every taste, and the food was well prepared. We would return in an instant if we were near Worcester again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodzen4foodVIPDined on 2/4/2014Stayed at the hotel and found both the hotel and Ciros dining relaxing and well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening on Belmont HillNewBayColonyDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed a slow paced, very enjoyable evening. All of the components of our meals were well worth the price. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2014We had a great experience at Ceres. The food was excellent, and the servers were knowledgable and accommodating. A gluten-free menu was provided (I'm allergic). It was not very busy in the dining area and my wife and I sat in a quiet booth in the back. It was a great date night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightMikeVIPDined on 1/27/2014Although , this was not my first vist, it was the best. The seasonal menu options, along with everything else was wonderful. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hotel MealLolliePDined on 1/26/2014We stayed at the Beechwood overnight for a college visit and decided to have dinner at their restaurant Ceres Bistro, after reading some good reviews. It's nice to have a good restaurant in the hotel you're staying at especially if you want to have some drinks and or wine. We started with drinks at the bar which were great, including the prices ! Our son met us in the dining room for dinner and it was fantastic. Our son loved the clam chowder and his scallop entree and I my beet/goat cheese salad and ravioli with scallops. My husband had the shrimp and grits app and the short ribs. The service was very attentive and the prices very reasonable for such fine cuisine. Overall an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great farm to table restaurant!JamiellieDined on 1/26/2014Everything was very fresh, with a beautiful presentation. Calamari was the best we have ever had, tuna was also delicious, and the oysters on the half had a fabulous red wine vinegar option that was really unique and delicious. We had a bottle of the Elk Cove Pinot Gris and it was a perfect pairing with the oysters. Atmosphere was bright, classy and quiet. Wait staff were friendly and professional. We plan to return to sample the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can always rely on CeresOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2014We can always rely on Ceres for a great meal during date nights or other family gatheringsSpecial Features:
- Three of us had swordfish,JLCBVIPDined on 1/24/2014Three of us had swordfish, it was moist and hot. The fourth had delicious sea scallops.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A getawayBoozetrollsDined on 1/13/2014I live and work in the same town. This hidden gem is a great way to escape. No worries about running into someone you might know. It's very quaint and clean. Love the atmosphere and foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongTGeoDined on 1/10/2014We have eaten here several times and haven't been disappointed once. Best overall restaurant in Central MA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.