Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
363 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ceresbistro.com/
- Phone: (508) 754-2000 ext. 183
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Sunday: 7:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Nemeroff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private dining at Ceres Bistro from our Executive Board Room with Private Lounge to our Club Room with Private Outdoor Patio Space and Outdoor Bar to our Wine Room with views of our extensive wine collection.
- Private Party Contact: Beechwood Hotel Sales Office 5084531112x
A word from Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel
Ceres Bistro is Worcester's hot spot for new American cuisine, happy hour, and late night. Our sleek uplit pearly white bar is ideal for quenching your thirst after work with one of our many signature cocktails or noshing on our $5 apps like BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza or Mac & Cheese (happy hour runs from 4-7pm, and then again from 10pm until close). Our master chef serves up delicious specialties such as a Porterhouse Veal Chop drizzled in truffle oil, Dijon & Rye Crusted Organic Raised Salmon, and bistro classics like Steak Frittes. No need to wait for a special occasion to come by the Bistro. With mouthwatering options like the Turkey & Applewood Bacon Sandwich for just $9, you can get yourself a four star meal at an affordable price. Voted Worcester's best outdoor dining, our heated patio features new modern furniture, a pavilion for live entertainment, and even a small putting green. Stop by and tell us that you heard about us through Open Table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (31)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (18)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (12)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Consistently goodCharlotte7753VIPDined on 11/20/2014Once again, CERES lives up to expectations. Food was delicious, service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every night at Ceres becomes a special occasion!CeresDined on 11/14/2014We met some new friends at Ceres Bistro on a Friday night at 7:00. The hostess Alexandra was genuinely happy to see us and greeted us warmly. We immediately felt comfortable and at home. Our server Holly was at the tangle within minutes to offer us our choice of fresh either sparkling or flat water. The sparkling water we requested was delivered in an ice cold glass bottle with ceramic top. Another server named Monique stopped over to the table yo say hello and welcome us! Our guests were running a bit late and Holly noticed this. She returned to our table and suggested a glass of wine while we waited. We ordered two glasses of Twin Roses (?) Cabernet. The wine was fantastic and the temperature of the pour was perfect. Our friends arrived and after we welcomed them Holly was promptly at our table offering to take their drink order. As it is when friends arrive individually at a restaurant, we spent quite a bit of time getting caught up and little time looking at the menu. Holly was extremely friendly and relaxed as she came to us on two different occasions making sure that we weren't waiting to order. Finally, we settled in and decided on our meals! My wife and I ordered the Risotto. I ordered the tomato soup send my wife ordered the Caesar salad. Our friends ordered the onion soup and a native salad. Everything was quickly devoured and there was little evidence on the plates as to what we had eaten! Delicious! The meals arrived after Holly and Monique cleared our starters. Our friends ordered the chicken dish and the rib eye both looked absolutely fantastic and they both exclaimed that their meals were perfectly prepared and delicious. Our risotto was great as well. It was prepared in a wonderful rustic style with perfectly cooked sweet potato squares. The flavor was amazing! We saved some of the fresh hard crust rustic bread to eat with the meal and it was a perfect pairing along with the extra virgin olive oil dip. Fantastic carrot cake topped the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to dinemothersdayDined on 11/8/2014we had a birthday dinner there and it exceeded our expectation. we had two guests with serious food allergies and the chef and staff were very attentive, went out of their way to accommodate the allergies with absolute care and the same menu items as the rest of us. we were very pleased . the food for the rest of the guests was beyond expectations - great flavor, right size portions, and very courteous service. a best choice in the area -Special Features:
- Where Was Everyone?DebbieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Saturday was a perfect day to go out for lunch - checked out the mini-fair downstairs and then headed upstairs for lunch. Celebrating my firned's retirement. It was so sad to see this lovely restaurant empty except for three tables. Worcester people seem to think that Ceres is only for special occasions and don't think of it as a place for lunch. Too bad because their lunches are delicious and fairly priced. The home-made potatoe chips are yummy!Special Features:
- No complaintsSharonVIPDined on 10/21/2014Very nice restaurant for lunch, dinner or brunch. Food was delicious, nice atmosphere, and great service.Special Features:
- charlieGDined on 10/8/2014Expect to pay over $140 dinner for two with cocktails and wine. Expect the dinner, the cocktails, and the wine to meet or exceed your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceres Bistro at Beechwood HotelKLMinMADined on 10/5/2014We went on a Sunday afternoon and the restaurant was not very busy, so we had the best service, we were even able to pick the table we wanted to sit at. The food was delicious and the service was great. It is a bit expensive, but so worth it as I felt pampered the whole evening. I had the shrimp scampi, yum yum!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Fish menu was large and three out of four of us enjoyed the fish. Appetizers were tasty but again lots of fish. The no-fish person in our party wanted to order the NY strip steak (a favorite) but the serving size offered was enough for two people so the cornmeal and herb crusted chicken was ordered. The chicken was basically somewhat dry and tasteless, I can 2nd that because I tasted it. To sum this review up we would love to eat at Ceres again but we're not asking that no-fish person to go with us!....LOL
- Not up to par with previous timesUMMSdinerDined on 9/17/2014I was part of a group of four for lunch. I was disappointed in a few things: 1. Hostesses were not welcoming--seemed more concerned with seating a larger group 2. Our server timing was off. I was in the middle of eating the first half of sandwich when she came over and asked our group if we'd like coffee, tea or dessert 3. Our server brought a cup of milky hot water with a tea bag on the side for one of our group who requested tea. 4. Our server had to be reminded to bring doggie bag that I had requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch in WorcesterMNMomDined on 9/13/2014Needed a Worcester, easyon easyoff highway access, somewhere that if someone arrived early or late the other guests would be comfortable&somewhere with a nice menu selection. - Ceres Bistro@Beechwood Hotel was perfect! Great location.The hotel lobby is inviting&comfortable making it a great place to wait for your guests to arrive. When we went in to be seated our table was ready&the request of a round table was fufilled. Our waiter, Matt was knowledable abou the menu, made suggestions &was attentive to the table. The menu has an excellent selection of homemade items was impressive - soups, sandwiches & entrees. The Reuben with house made pastrami was fantastic. I will go back & try dinner!Special Features:
- BreakfastYelissaDined on 9/10/2014This was my first experience at the restaurant. I went for breakfast and I loved the food. Great place!Special Features:
- Ceres Bistro lunchrps1Dined on 9/7/2014Very nice lunch menu. The place was empty, so my comment on "noise level" needs to be taken in that context. Service was attentive and thorough, food was really quite good.Special Features:
- rosebudDined on 9/6/2014another wonderful meal here...the food and service are wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Special Gala EventHippieDined on 9/4/2014The CD release party by Dale Lepage and the Manhattans held at Ceres Bistro was a smashing success! The event broke an attendance record there. The food (delicious and well prepared by Chef Bill) was outstanding and service (minor flaws) was wonderful. Highlights included special and surprise performances by guest vocalists. Perfect weather conditions highlighted the great setting of the patio for the event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLittleBirdieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Chose Ceres because our family member was staying at the Beechwood and after a long day of travel we thought it best to stay close for dinner. Service was fabulous, great wine list, and meals were prepared as requested. My sole criticism is that as a vegetarian (not vegan, just someone who does not eat animals), I found the menu selection severely limited. My guests had the steak which they said was excellent. I had the mushroom risotto.Special Features:
- Good, But Not BrilliantUncleWaltVIPDined on 8/23/2014At points in the recent past, I would have said that Ceres was among the best restaurants in Worcester. However, on this most recent visit, it just didn't measure up. The table we were seated at had not been cleaned properly and the food, while still quite good, was not brilliant. Who knows, it might have been the chef's night off (Saturday?) or just the doldrums of summer. In any case, we haven't written Ceres off our list and will go back. In the meantime, however, my expectations have fallen a bit.
- serviceoccasionaldinerDined on 8/15/2014Table not cleared of crumbs between courses and new silverware placed on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeWidowDined on 8/11/2014Cere's Bistro at the Beechwood Hotel is not your average hotel restaurant. It stands out for its truly beautiful decor and outside dining space, its outstanding food preparation and presentation and the professionalism of the staff. You are in the finest dining establishment.Special Features:
- Patio PleasuresjuicybrucyDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for outdoor dining with without being on a sidewalk in town and Ceres came up fist on my search. When we walked up to the Patio we were blown away by the decor and setting!! The well placed roomy tables set on a "lawn" with a beautiful bubbling fountain just added to the romantic ambiance and we felt like we were at a resort..very cool! The food was phenomenal and very well presented, our waiter was very informative and knowledgeable and very attentive to details and all our wishes. My beautiful date was so impressed by my choice of Ceres for dinner that evening that I remain a very satisfied man thanks to a wonderful dining experience! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gazpacho was saltyBostonBabsDined on 8/9/2014I was served the gazpacho without the pickled baby shrimp. Neither the kitchen staff nor the server noticed this oversight. After receiving a fresh bowl with the shrimp, I was disappointed to find that the gazpacho was very salty. When this happens, you have to wonder if the chef tasted the product? For my lunch entree, I ordered the seared flank stead over a multi-grain salad, which definitely lacked flavor. Once I scooped the gazpacho over the salad, I found the best of 2 worlds.The steak was cooked to the correct temperature and did not require a steak knife for cutting.Special Features:
- Good timeMidmomDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed a relaxing dinner during restaurant week. All meals were delicious. Service is always good. A little live music to make things special and lovely outdoor dining. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting While He WorkeddinealotDined on 8/7/2014We arrived for lunch a few minutes early for our reservation. The gentleman host was doing some prep work at side of bar and said he would be right there. He continued what he was doing, appeared to be setting up mixes for bar. He finished one he was working on and to our surprise started another. After he finished he came over, and gee I thought I was the customer and came first. Lucky for them food there is very good or we would have left. We both had a two course special. My wife had salad & seared flank steak while I had Fried Tilapia and dessert. We split the salad and dessert. My wife's was cooked perfectly and was very tender and tasty. My fish was cooked but batter was thick and not fully cooked, had to remove. Overall disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 768 reviews are from the Ceres Bistro at Beechwood Hotel reviews archive.
- Not what I expectedSloweDined on 7/26/2014This place has a nice outdoor seating area however the service was sub par, the bartender didn't know how to make a popular martini, the tuna app had no taste and both dinners (steak and lamb) weren't cooked to order both were way over done. It shouldn't be hard to cook rare lamb. The taste was good, just nothing else was. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Ceres gets betterCarlBigDaddyJDined on 7/25/2014Went there on Friday 7/25 and the Mitch Chikour band was playing that night. GREAT band (that plays at Mohegan Sun also). We ate outside to enjoy the band plus the excellent food. Warm night about 72 with minimal bugs. My wife had the pork shank and I had the swordfish. Both delicious.Special Features:
- Overall, Good EveningHippieDined on 7/25/2014The music and food were excellent. There were some delightful early evening specials. Mitch Chakor & band provided excellent entertainment outdoors which created a good mood among the many patrons. Flaws at the restaurant were the lack of respect for my Reservation by Host(s) which included misinformation about seating options available to me (informed later). Also, my server was curt and uninterested about investigating a proper pairing of wine with my food selection. An excellent chef provided the answer at the bar when I had left my seat obtain a proper answer. I do intend to return to Ceres Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and delicious.BkclubmbrDined on 7/19/2014A last minute reservation through Open Table resulted in a lovely dining experience. Food was delicious and service perfect; attentive but did not hover. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent food preparation and quality. Wonderful ideas to be rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PATIO LUNCHCharlotte7753VIPDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a tasty light lunch on the patio. Umbrellas provide fine shade.Special Features:
- Ceres always excellent!LovegoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014I have been to Ceres Bistro many times, for lunch, dinner and breakfast. Iam always pleased with the atomsphere, food and service. We just had brunch there on Sunday and it did not disappoint. Selection, presentation, freshness, service outstanding as usual. The selection of the brunch was so extensive and varied, definitely would please anyone. I recommend Ceres for any meal, any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite lunch spotsDAB4Dined on 7/10/2014I enjoy having lunch there in good weather. Sitting outside is enjoyable and I like the food and location. More variety would help for calories counters. also add move wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Great Spot for LunchFineDineDined on 7/7/2014Wanted to try something different from Shrewsbury St or Downtown for a business lunch - and this was the perfect place. It was a relaxed but sophisticated atmosphere with minimal distractions to have discussion. We sat outside which was a nice change. Menu was well rounded and the food was very good. Will definitely visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAngelaDined on 7/4/2014Service we great and the food was delicious! Love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesMikeVIPDined on 7/3/2014We were so pleased to come in after a warm summer day and just order app's which were all great... Maybe the best chicken wings I ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestMikeVIPDined on 6/26/2014We brought a friend who had never been to Ceres. He felt, as we do, that it was the best dinner he had ever had in Worcester. He also loved the stain glass and was thrilled when the owner stopped and introduced himself. Small town feel in a Boston equivalent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stands AloneWidowDined on 6/22/2014I can't think of another Worcester restaurant that compares to Cere's Bistro. The location is central, but they are an oasis. The decor inside is stunning and they have an enormousness outside dining area spread among plantings and landscaping. The food has always and continues to be exceptionally good. The service is professional and attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014We made our reservation for outdoor seating and we seated immediately at a lovely outdoor table. The view of Lake Quinsigamond was lovely. Everything was going very well, until my steak arrived way over cooked. I told the server about the steak and she immediately apologized and took it back, the hostess and the manager came to apologize, brought me more bread and then personally served my steak and waited for me to check it before leaving. The staff more than made up for the over cooked steak. Everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- Ceres was perfect!LarryDined on 6/17/2014I went to Ceres with a friend for lunch. We arrived at 12:30 and chose to eat outside. It was very quiet and it was beautiful! The menu is quite varied and very reasonable. Our food was delicious! I had the tuna tarragon salad on a croissant while my friend had grilled chicken flatbread. Both were great! Our server was outstanding. Perfect spot for an awesome lunch!Special Features:
- DAB4Dined on 6/15/2014The oysters, watercress soup, and wine were excellent. I will have to try making watercress soup myself. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Father's Day Breakfast1stTimeSomonaDinerDined on 6/15/2014Have had a good experience with breakfast at Ceres about a year ago and took my family there for Father's Day breakfast and we all were very disappointed with both the food and service.
- BrunchCmp6VIPDined on 6/15/2014We went to Ceres Bistro for Father's Day breakfast. It was good, but not great. We all had the basic breakfast food and each got home fries that were diffrent, some were heavily seasoned and some not at all. Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable and hostess was pleasant as well. Again good but not hitching notable.Special Features: