589 Ramapo Valley Rd
Oakland, NJ 07436-2817Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cenzinos.com/
- Phone: 2013376693x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
OPEN FATHER'S DAY FROM 1:00 PM TO 6:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Fillipo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Let us share our Chef for your Special Occasions at home.
Contact us for more details. Not your ordinary caterer!
- Entertainment: JIMMY SABINI live every Wednesday night.
Dine with the live soothing sounds of Jimmy Sabini…
Relax in our lounge and make a memory.
- Special Events: Father's Day June15th
Honoring all Fathers..
Noon to 6 PM
A word from Cenzino
Rated #1 in Bergen County by Zagat's!! Italian Fare and Lounge; Authentic Regional Italian Cuisine....with an Old World Charm and Ambiance....Continued
Established over 15 years ago as an oasis for those who prefer fine dining and a casual, unhurried lounge.
Established over 15 years ago as an oasis for those who prefer fine dining and a casual, unhurried lounge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cenzino reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (34)romantic (30)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Old establishment, new ownersJazzDined on 9/20/2014Great dining experience - food and service. Owner came over to table and greeted us and brought a free cordial for all. A very nice touch. Would definitely come back although a bit over priced.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Consistently good food, attentive personal service and very nice decor. They are expanding the bar area and side room to allow for extra tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat dissapointedFirsttimerAtCenzinoDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation through Open Table and specified it was my wife's birthday. Not looking for the entire staff to come to the table and sing Happy Birthday, but some acknowledgement would have been nice. Service was indifferent, I would have expected more interaction as I've seen in other similarly priced restaurants. Overall, very expensive for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Inattentive serviceLuv2dine007VIPDined on 9/17/2014This was a very frustrating experience for us. This restaurant was very very short staffed and we had to wait about twenty five minutes to even get a menu Poor and quite inattentive service We could not find the waiter to get the attention necessary to ask a few questions. He was too busy waiting on other tables and we needed more water and food.Special Features:
- We will go back!SenseiDined on 8/29/2014Arrived on time for our 8PM reservation but our table was not yet ready. They asked us to sit at the bar and have a drink on the house which we did. We had two Martinis and as soon as they arrived our table was ready and the rest is all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceAuaAckDined on 8/26/2014Cenzino was very accomodating and wonderful with our large group! Wonderful luncheon experience. Thank you to all the staff.Special Features:
- The Other Reviews Were Right!BuckmeisterDined on 8/22/2014We went here because of a very good review in the Bergen Record. We weren't disappointed. My compatriots' salads were praised. I had the filet mignon appetizer. Wonderful. The cod, veal ravioli and veal saltimbocca were all cooked to perfection. And the prices were reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber. Also, the atmosphere and service was right on.Special Features:
- So so restaurantItalianrestaurantDined on 8/16/2014The food was good. Portions small. They didn't serve a pasta dish before the entree. There are other just as good or better restaurants that I would rather go to in the area. Prices were high. We were overcharged $4 on the bill. They fixed it, but it should not have happened.
- They made it right!NormtooDined on 8/9/2014On Saturday night, we ate at Cenzino in Oakland NJ. We arrived at 6:30 and they seated us right away. We had the traditional glass of wine and they let my wife and my friends wife taste a few different wines, which we thought was very nice. My wife and best friend ordered fish( snapper), I ordered lobster ravioli and my friends wife order veal parmagiana ( which was not on the menu). My lobster ravioli was delicious and so was her veal, however, the fish was really tasteless. My friend ate his fish because he was really hungry, but he was very unhappy with his choice. My wife returned her fish and they were very good about changing her dish and gave her salmon, which turned out to be rather good. Overall, I recommend Cenzino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming but priceyevebVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is a lovely , old world style Italian restaurant with professional service and good food. However it is quite noisy when filled . Also since the food is good but not amazing, I would appreciate a salad or enhanced side dishes to be included with the entree price to make it a better value. Lacking that I would only return on special occasions. In addition they should replace whoever is handling the billing because there was a glaring error on our check ( in the restaurant's favor) and they misplaced one of the two credit cards used by the people at the table next to us, until several protests went up and then the waiter found the credit card. Odd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoAnn SavinoguidoDined on 7/30/2014Absolutely wonderful as usual! One of our favorite neighborhood spotlights. Linnamorta salad, duck entree and bread pudding cake a must!! Can't wait to go back as usual. In the past have had hot and cold antipasto and all wonderful! And OMG, the fontina ravioli a and the veal raviolo..... I can eat once a week! Bon appetite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the TripRickSDined on 7/29/2014I was given a gift card for this restaurant otherwise I may never have chosen to eat here. The food was mediocre at best. The veal saltimbocca was probably the worst version of that dish I have ever eaten. The prices were way out of line with the quality of the food. They even charged for refills on soft drinks at $3.00 apiece. I will never eat here again.
- great spot for lunchshoesDined on 7/15/2014had lunch with friends it was great, food was delicious!Special Features:
- guidoDined on 6/28/2014Cenzino has fantastic food with great service! It is our favorite local restaurant especially their salads, pasta and of course the duck. But don't forget about the bread pudding for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner.shortlyDined on 6/27/2014Good selection, good specials, great service, they did not rush us to leave. All the food, wine and deserts were excellent. Good acoustics, you can hear your dinner conversation. All around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and peopleMikeycashgamesDined on 6/24/2014Every time I go I am delighted by the service and friendliness of all the servers and staff. The chef routinely walks the dining room to ask about the food and is always courteous and gracious. I highly enjoy the food which is authentic Italian and American fare done superb. The gnocchi and the rigatoni bologense are phenomenal! Make it here whenever possible and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good italian dinnerloriVIPDined on 6/20/2014very good italian food the bartender Liz was so friendly,as well as all servers who helped us, a friendly placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much noiseSteveDined on 6/14/2014Although the food and service were outstanding and the ambience was good no one in our party of 4 could hear anyone speaking on the other side of the table. One had to almost yell to converse. I definitely will not return nor would I recommend to anyone. I've been here before a few years ago when it was under different ownership and enjoyed it, I don't know what changed but it's not for the best. Maybe I'll return on a week night but never on a Saturday night again.
- We love Cenzino!RespectproVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food is amazing, the service friendly and efficient and the owner is present and personable. My wife and I absolutely love Cenzino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- certainly cenzinobonabruzzeseDined on 6/7/2014The owner/hostess is friendly & hospitable. Great service. Excellent pasta chitarra. Wonderfully delicious baby lamb chops. A first time for our friends who will definitely return with their friends. Definitely a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than beforegarygDined on 6/6/2014The dining room could easily be a local ristorante in Tuscany, full of ambiance and satisfied patrons. The service is professional and makes you feel comfortable and welcome. The food is imaginative, well executed and delicious, exactly what you you would expect at this price point. There are no shortcuts in this kitchen and that is really what makes this restaurant a excellent value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the Cenzino reviews archive.
- New Favorite Place for Italian FoodJDLauriaDined on 5/31/2014Second visit to Cenzino and it is now our favorite Italian restaurant in Bergen County. (So good, I am writing this review which I never do) The ambiance is terrific and they welcome you like family. The food is authentic and meticulously prepared. I had the homemade fettuccine with truffle sauce. Not my usual choice as I prefer southern Italian dishes but this was impressive. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not badnotapickyeaterDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is very expensive. The appetizers (fried calamari) and salads were excellent and fresh. A couple of the entree's were bland. The service was lacking as well. For the price we paid, I expect excellent service and amazing food. I can't say that was our experience. Since that was our only time there, I would try it again to see if it is any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cenzino'sjackcDined on 5/29/2014Great, as always. I try something different every time I dine there. Had the rigatoni menu item. Outstanding. Had the Gelato for desert which is always good, but, tried my friend's bread pudding. Delicious. That is what I will have next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marcosireatsoutalotDined on 5/21/2014upon entering guests are greeted by Marco who takes exceptional care to make you feel welcome upon entering and through your entire meal making for a pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day dinnerakbarksDined on 5/11/2014Very good food, excellent service, extremely friendly waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Food was good, service a bit chaotic. Not rushing back.Special Features:
- jackcDined on 5/7/2014As usual, it was an excellent evening at Cenzino's. Food and service was superb. I had a pasta dish and my guest had the veal special. I heard her say to herself. Mmm, this is good. And I realized that is the phrase I hear every time from my guests. Cenzino's really does deserve their best Italian restaurant in Bergen County accolade. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful mealOaklandresidentDined on 5/3/2014I took my family and a visiting relative for dinner on a Saturday night. The meal and service were wonderful. The room can be loud depending on who sits near your (yes we had a very loud table next to us). Other than the table next to us, it was a wonderful experience that could not be improved upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good eveningflogyalpDined on 5/3/2014Food was marvelous. Service was impeccable. A little loud due to one loudmouth blonde who was sitting behind us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timemitchVIPDined on 5/3/2014This was our first time dining here - Romeo was quite friendly and although we were early we were seated right away. The staff was attentive but not over powering and the French martini was as delicious as we had heard. The only mistake we made - and it was ours, not theirs, was not ordering Italian dishes for our entree. I had the rack of lamb which was pounded so flat that all the natural juices were removed. That said, the hot anti pasti was really good. Definitely worth another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014Cenzino's provides a beautiful, friendly atmosphere and delicious food. We have been here several times and it's consistently delicious. They even made me a pasta dish that was not on the regular menu. We brought friends last week who like to try duck at different restaurants. They said that Cenzino's may have been the best duck they've ever eaten. I would highly recommend dining at Cenzino's .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDemandingDined on 4/26/2014Their food saves us trips to Manhattan. We are so happy to have them in our town.Special Features:
- CenzinosjackcDined on 4/26/2014Love this restaurant. Family atmosphere. Attentive service. Food is excellent. I had the rack of lamb. It was outrageously delicious. I usually don't do deserts, but, I always have desert at Cenzinos. My favorite is the Crepe something or other (it's the only crepe on the menu). I will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding place in NW Bergen !OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/24/2014Food is always superb here , and the owner goes out of his way to make people feel special-regularly stops by at tables to greet his guests; Tonight, I had one of the specials-veal cannelloni, which was out of this world; Among the regular items, I recommend highly the polenta and sausage appetizer . The overall ambiance is real positive- everything feels very comfortable, tables are not on top of one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talk about a HAPPY EASTER!PendamoniumDined on 4/20/2014I haven't been to Cenzino's in years. I for the life of me can't remember why NOT! We decided to go for Easter and couldn't be happier with that. Food was fantastic! Service was superb and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. We'll be going back soon...very very soon!Special Features:
- Good foodDewrDined on 4/14/2014The food was good but a little pricey. Although it was a slow night (Monday) the service was a little slow at times. Waiter never even checked how our entrees were and we had a long wait until we were offered the dessert menu. When the waiter was "on" he was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceRonRDined on 4/12/2014My girlfriend and my first date was at Cenzinos over 10 years ago. We return at least once a year. We are always welcomed like family. Ownership changed recently, but the wonderful dining experience has not. Excellent menu, specials, and the service is first class. I highly recommend Cenzinos. For special occasions, or to have a quiet, romantic dinner, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Very Good!FoodforfunDined on 4/5/2014This was our first visit to Cenzino's after having read about this restaurant for some time. We were not disappointed. The meals that our party of four had were all outstanding, the service was attentive and knowledgeable. he tables are adequately spaced which help to make the rather noisy room more tolerable. We will definitely put this one on our favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my neighborhoodkbr1962Dined on 4/4/2014Haven't been to Cenzino in about 2 years but decided to try again. Service and food where fantastic. Great place right in my neighborhood.Special Features: