6 W Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3129887775x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am to 11pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Joe Farina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Centro
The Rosebud group is proud to announce the return of Centro Ristorante, the legendary 1990's hotspot. Centro will redefine the social dining experience by blending the traditional charm Rosebud is famous for with neoclassic Italian cuisine and a vibrant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centro reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (35)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (23)hot spot (16)notable wine list (15)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Acekolb12Dined on 10/10/2014We frequent many times!! Great food and service!!!!! AffordableSpecial Features:
- ExcellentMikeshoeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Maybe one of the best meals I've had! Excellent service coupled with perfect pasta and sauces. Cwonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Centro I rememberChicagoDinerDined on 10/4/2014This was my second time back to the new location and the second time I was disappointed. The food was just OK. The service was more the issue. We had a 5:45pm reservation on a Saturday. The restaurant was not busy. Our server didn't know the menu at all, took WAY too long to serve us and came by only sporadically throughout the meal to check on us. When we did ask for things - bread, butter/olive oil for the bread, cheese for our pasta - it took too long to arrive. Actually, the butter/olive oil never arrived. When we were asked if we wanted dessert, I asked what they had. She didn't know. We ordered the Cannoli a la mode which we were told was a cannoli cake with ice cream. Instead we got 3 cannolis on a plate. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Good Italian for a GroupH20skier66Dined on 9/27/2014Centro is a good option for a party of 6 to 8. Lively, fun, decent prices, above average Italian. It's downfall is it's location; while seemingly a strength being at State and Hubbard isn't ideal. Our table was near an open window which was great for people watching. However non-stop strip club banner trucks rolling around the block, Harley packs with screaming exhaust pipes, booming stereos, and drunken riff raff walking past the window isn't ideal. State and Hubbard is a "dirty" corner that hasn't really taken off for some reason. Centro is trying to be more upscale but it's surroundings don't really help it to accomplish this goal. Nothing they can do to fix that, for me good dining experience, bad location even if it's "trendy".Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceNot2returnDined on 9/27/2014We had gone to Centro earlier in the year and found it to be a nice experience. We sat at the bar and food plus service was good. This time it was the opposite. Very noisy, lack of service and disappointing menu. Our wait staff rarely checked in with us to replenish drinks or how our meal was after it was served. As to the menu, everything is ala carte, not mentioned during our placement of our orders. So price wise and appeal were very disappointing. Will not return.
- You're invisible hereHeleneVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went last Saturday night. Our reservation stated we were celebrating a special occassion and to please reserve a nice table. When we walked in we were offered either the first table where people were standing around waiting, or a high top next to that also first table when you enter. We did get our table moved after asking. The service was very slow and didn't recieve even simple things like olive oil or pepper without asking more than once. Cocktails were served with the glass only half full. The place was extremely noisy...however; the food WAS good. and the manager brought us a dessert for our bad experience. There are enough restaurants that have good food and appreciate you giving them business with much better service.
- Fabulous addition to Rosebud FamilySuburbanGirlDined on 9/19/2014Went here with my husband and daughter. Had never been. Huge portions, fabulous food, fabulous service. I highly recommend any of the homemade pastas. Anna was our server and she was great. Knew a lot about the restaurant, the menu and was very prompt. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CentroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent all around service,food wine and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/17/2014I found Centro to be overpriced and was not very impressed with the quality of the food.
- FantasticDiggsterVIPDined on 9/16/2014Finally another Rosebud product that embraces River North. As a local, it's a place you want to hang out. The management and staff are fantastic and the food is stellar, whether it is steak, seafood or pasta. The meatballs are amazing, throw in some pasta and it is some of the best Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs I have ever eaten. Wine list is fantastic too and the interior setting is warm and comfortable. The outdoor seating is a scene, with great people watching opps.Special Features:
- Stalwart Chicago ItaliandiscrimineaterDined on 9/13/2014Centro is an excellent traditional Italian restaurant with an emphasis on steak and seafood. There are house made pastas as well. The salads are vibrant and perfectly dressed. The wait staff is excellent and attentive. I will return again, and highly recommend Centro to all who want to experience great, real Italian cuisine with great ingredients and exciting specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014EXCELLENT! Very nice restaurant in the near north area. Good food, good atmosphere, great service.Special Features:
- Great food;large( too large)portionLSD12VIPDined on 9/8/2014Food was terrific but the portion size is a bit too much . Took hone 1/2 of the appatizer. Had a nice table by open window so just like being outside. server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were great.MarkVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good variety of menu selections. Excellent service. Large portions for everything we ordered so keep this in mind when ordering. Would definitely dine here again to try other items on menu. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, Good Scenory1BrazilDined on 9/7/2014The food was OK but being outside and watching the surroundings were great. May go back but certainly glad we wentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The service was just fair. The timing of the waiter was off. Serving steaks to the table without steak knives...saying you'll be right back with knives and then forgetting. On top of that one of the steaks was over cooked. This was disappointing.
- Amazing findcsloan20Dined on 9/5/2014Came here Friday night 9/5 for dinner. We were able to sit outside despite the rain that evening. Server Damian was outstanding!! Very personable and professional. Food was amazing!! Hands down one of my new favorite restaurants in Chicago!!Special Features:
- Gnats AwayStein4meVIPDined on 9/4/2014The food and ambiance would have been great except for the gnats flying around and landing.....everywhere. Second time this has happened so the lame excuses won't work.
- Overall good dinnerTrev086VIPDined on 9/1/2014Portions are huge! Overall our meal was great. We sat outside, and the only complain is the tables are a bit small to sit 4 with the size of the plates. Service was attentive, and everyone's meal was superb.Special Features:
- We will return oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014We just moved into the city and found Centro because it is walking distance and is a Rosebud restaurant. So for our special move in dinner, we knew we could not go wrong and we were not disappointed. Damien was our server who was terrific and let us linger over drinks just checking in periodically. He did the Caesar salad tableside and took it over himself knowing we like it two different ways. There were too many choices we would have loved to try for entrees so we will return often to try them all. A great ambiance for adult dining right on a convenient corner in River North. Great experience all around from the host stand to the service. The food was very authentic Italian with other choices like steak and fish available.Special Features:
- Quantity and QualityMandJDined on 8/30/2014We were a group of four trying Centro for the first time. Recommended by our concierge and we were blown away by the portion size of our meals. None of our group finished our main entrees and were very sad we couldn't because the taste was outstanding! Great job, service was personable and friendly! Overall we would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Worst food per dollar. Ambience is from 80s, and just seemed to be catering to groups, well. Not a good choice for first dates.
- Amazing Italian!ChristineDined on 8/23/2014You won't be disappointed with anything on the menu. Beware, the portions are enormous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Brunch Was Great!CS440VIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm not a fan of Centro for dinner (the tables are packed, it's very tight and pretty loud) but Centro is my favorite little gem for brunch! People don't think to go here for brunch so there's rarely a wait, even for their lovely outside tables! The brunch menu is just the right size, with a little bit of something for everyone. The maple bacon bloody is AMAZING (if you like bourbon!) and the other brunch cocktails are very well thought out and executed perfectly.Special Features:
- All At OnceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Waited some time for our appetizer: 35 minutes to be exact. Upon receiving this delicious dish, our dinner came out directly after. Food is excellent, but timing fell short. Sadly, too, we never were asked about dessert or coffees. We just figured he wanted us out.Special Features:
- Restaurant Manager very bothersomeGJ12VIPDined on 8/1/2014Very nice al fresco dining, except the "Manager" kept eyeballing us and our table, as if to suggest that we eat quickly so he can turn the table over. Actually became uncomfortable as a result. Waitress was great, but the Manager kills the experience. Perhaps he should consider a career change to a fast food restaurant so he can turn tables over quicker. This location has had at least three restaurants fold in the last few years, I wonder if he was managing them too?I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as the first CentroCoxieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always loved Centro on Clark. Was disappointed when it closed. Glad to visit the new digs.Special Features:
- Cant wait to returnCOMRAKVIPDined on 7/20/2014The experience was all around great! WARNING! The portions are huge! The Manager, Joseph, was very accomodating and we expressed our enthusiasm for being at the new Centro. I told him I could not believe how large my salad was! He offered up the option of 1/2 salad for the future. I wish our server would have offered that option, but I was thankful that the manager was up frount and informative. He is a charming young man and I am sure he will be a great draw to Centro. There were several items on the menu that I am anxious to try on my next visit. My husband had the Vodka pasta which was delicious. Again a nice size portion so either prepare to take home or share. Martinis were GREAT! Ambience great, if visiting Chicago stop here!Special Features:
- Huh?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Met friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Bad choice. The food was really very good, and the service was OUTSTANDING, but we couldn't hear each other! Terrible place for a quiet dinner, but great place for a casual meal with people you don't need to catch up with.
- Consistently AwesomeEaterDined on 7/9/2014This is a staple for every trip to Chicago. Great Family style portion sharing of very good Italian food. Go There!Special Features:
- Handled a large group with easeSFvisitorDined on 7/5/2014Our volleyball team was in town for a tournament and went to Centro for a Saturday night dinner. Our server had excellent recommendations for teammates who weren't familiar with Italian dishes. Food came out promptly and hot. Overall a great find and it would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centroberniiDined on 6/28/2014Very nice. A little noisy but great food and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails....KGaySDined on 6/28/2014Centro never fails ... always tasty, always fun, always a happening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrimcatDined on 6/28/2014Everything was great! Except one thing it was my boyfriend's birthday we asked to see the menu for deserts our waiter came to our table with tiramisu with a candle and we both thought that was nice. Then we got the bill to see they charged us $10 for the cake. I didn't mind paying I was going to pay for the desert but I thought it was distasteful as they just chose the desert for us and charged us. Now here's the kicker tiramisu would not have been our first, second or third choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CentroJohnBCVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great dining experience, overall. I really enjoyed the seafood entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEMACSUSIEVIPDined on 6/26/2014It was our first time in Chicago and our first time at Centro. It was very good, we had the spaghetti and meatballs which is enough to share. Next time we vacation there we will be back. Good food, friendly attentive staff and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Centro was greatAtticusDined on 6/26/2014I first stumbled upon Centro in April where I ate at the bar late on a Sunday night. The cocktail, wine, food and service was great. I recently took some business associates (a part of 8) here. Everyone enjoyed the entire experience. I will go back to Centro on future trips to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced relative to food qualityPescadoroVIPDined on 6/22/2014We went to Centro because of its location, close to the hotel we stayed and the ratings we found on open table. We were quite disappointed. The food was very high priced for the quality which was provided. Quantity was used to make up for the lack of quality. Taste of the food was not better than of the average Italian chain restaurant. It certainly didn't taste home made.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/21/2014Our meal was great! Portions are huge. Good recommendations from our waiter from wine to main courses. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Bring your appetiteCB28VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food is good but the portions are enormous! I entre can literally feed 4 people. The downside, you can't try a bunch of different food because the server tells you that you really shouldnt order all that and it woudl be too much. Sometimes, less is more! The food was good, service was excelent, and overall pretty good. I'd give it a shot!Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the Centro reviews archive.