6 W Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3129887775x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am to 11pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Joe Farina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Centro
The Rosebud group is proud to announce the return of Centro Ristorante, the legendary 1990's hotspot. Centro will redefine the social dining experience by blending the traditional charm Rosebud is famous for with neoclassic Italian cuisine and a vibrant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centro reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (27)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (17)hot spot (17)romantic (14)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Stalwart Chicago ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Centro is an excellent traditional Italian restaurant with an emphasis on steak and seafood. There are house made pastas as well. The salads are vibrant and perfectly dressed. The wait staff is excellent and attentive. I will return again, and highly recommend Centro to all who want to experience great, real Italian cuisine with great ingredients and exciting specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014EXCELLENT! Very nice restaurant in the near north area. Good food, good atmosphere, great service.Special Features:
- Great food;large( too large)portionLSD12VIPDined on 9/8/2014Food was terrific but the portion size is a bit too much . Took hone 1/2 of the appatizer. Had a nice table by open window so just like being outside. server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were great.MarkVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good variety of menu selections. Excellent service. Large portions for everything we ordered so keep this in mind when ordering. Would definitely dine here again to try other items on menu. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The service was just fair. The timing of the waiter was off. Serving steaks to the table without steak knives...saying you'll be right back with knives and then forgetting. On top of that one of the steaks was over cooked. This was disappointing.
- Amazing findcsloan20Dined on 9/5/2014Came here Friday night 9/5 for dinner. We were able to sit outside despite the rain that evening. Server Damian was outstanding!! Very personable and professional. Food was amazing!! Hands down one of my new favorite restaurants in Chicago!!Special Features:
- Gnats AwayStein4meVIPDined on 9/4/2014The food and ambiance would have been great except for the gnats flying around and landing.....everywhere. Second time this has happened so the lame excuses won't work.
- Overall good dinnerTrev086VIPDined on 9/1/2014Portions are huge! Overall our meal was great. We sat outside, and the only complain is the tables are a bit small to sit 4 with the size of the plates. Service was attentive, and everyone's meal was superb.Special Features:
- We will return oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014We just moved into the city and found Centro because it is walking distance and is a Rosebud restaurant. So for our special move in dinner, we knew we could not go wrong and we were not disappointed. Damien was our server who was terrific and let us linger over drinks just checking in periodically. He did the Caesar salad tableside and took it over himself knowing we like it two different ways. There were too many choices we would have loved to try for entrees so we will return often to try them all. A great ambiance for adult dining right on a convenient corner in River North. Great experience all around from the host stand to the service. The food was very authentic Italian with other choices like steak and fish available.Special Features:
- Quantity and QualityMandJDined on 8/30/2014We were a group of four trying Centro for the first time. Recommended by our concierge and we were blown away by the portion size of our meals. None of our group finished our main entrees and were very sad we couldn't because the taste was outstanding! Great job, service was personable and friendly! Overall we would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Worst food per dollar. Ambience is from 80s, and just seemed to be catering to groups, well. Not a good choice for first dates.
- Amazing Italian!ChristineDined on 8/23/2014You won't be disappointed with anything on the menu. Beware, the portions are enormous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Brunch Was Great!CS440VIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm not a fan of Centro for dinner (the tables are packed, it's very tight and pretty loud) but Centro is my favorite little gem for brunch! People don't think to go here for brunch so there's rarely a wait, even for their lovely outside tables! The brunch menu is just the right size, with a little bit of something for everyone. The maple bacon bloody is AMAZING (if you like bourbon!) and the other brunch cocktails are very well thought out and executed perfectly.Special Features:
- All At OnceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Waited some time for our appetizer: 35 minutes to be exact. Upon receiving this delicious dish, our dinner came out directly after. Food is excellent, but timing fell short. Sadly, too, we never were asked about dessert or coffees. We just figured he wanted us out.Special Features:
- Restaurant Manager very bothersomeGJ12VIPDined on 8/1/2014Very nice al fresco dining, except the "Manager" kept eyeballing us and our table, as if to suggest that we eat quickly so he can turn the table over. Actually became uncomfortable as a result. Waitress was great, but the Manager kills the experience. Perhaps he should consider a career change to a fast food restaurant so he can turn tables over quicker. This location has had at least three restaurants fold in the last few years, I wonder if he was managing them too?I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as the first CentroCoxieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always loved Centro on Clark. Was disappointed when it closed. Glad to visit the new digs.Special Features:
- Cant wait to returnCOMRAKVIPDined on 7/20/2014The experience was all around great! WARNING! The portions are huge! The Manager, Joseph, was very accomodating and we expressed our enthusiasm for being at the new Centro. I told him I could not believe how large my salad was! He offered up the option of 1/2 salad for the future. I wish our server would have offered that option, but I was thankful that the manager was up frount and informative. He is a charming young man and I am sure he will be a great draw to Centro. There were several items on the menu that I am anxious to try on my next visit. My husband had the Vodka pasta which was delicious. Again a nice size portion so either prepare to take home or share. Martinis were GREAT! Ambience great, if visiting Chicago stop here!Special Features:
- Huh?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Met friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Bad choice. The food was really very good, and the service was OUTSTANDING, but we couldn't hear each other! Terrible place for a quiet dinner, but great place for a casual meal with people you don't need to catch up with.
- Consistently AwesomeEaterDined on 7/9/2014This is a staple for every trip to Chicago. Great Family style portion sharing of very good Italian food. Go There!Special Features:
- Handled a large group with easeSFvisitorDined on 7/5/2014Our volleyball team was in town for a tournament and went to Centro for a Saturday night dinner. Our server had excellent recommendations for teammates who weren't familiar with Italian dishes. Food came out promptly and hot. Overall a great find and it would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centroberniiDined on 6/28/2014Very nice. A little noisy but great food and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails....KGaySDined on 6/28/2014Centro never fails ... always tasty, always fun, always a happening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrimcatDined on 6/28/2014Everything was great! Except one thing it was my boyfriend's birthday we asked to see the menu for deserts our waiter came to our table with tiramisu with a candle and we both thought that was nice. Then we got the bill to see they charged us $10 for the cake. I didn't mind paying I was going to pay for the desert but I thought it was distasteful as they just chose the desert for us and charged us. Now here's the kicker tiramisu would not have been our first, second or third choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CentroJohnBCVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great dining experience, overall. I really enjoyed the seafood entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEMACSUSIEVIPDined on 6/26/2014It was our first time in Chicago and our first time at Centro. It was very good, we had the spaghetti and meatballs which is enough to share. Next time we vacation there we will be back. Good food, friendly attentive staff and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Centro was greatAtticusDined on 6/26/2014I first stumbled upon Centro in April where I ate at the bar late on a Sunday night. The cocktail, wine, food and service was great. I recently took some business associates (a part of 8) here. Everyone enjoyed the entire experience. I will go back to Centro on future trips to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced relative to food qualityPescadoroVIPDined on 6/22/2014We went to Centro because of its location, close to the hotel we stayed and the ratings we found on open table. We were quite disappointed. The food was very high priced for the quality which was provided. Quantity was used to make up for the lack of quality. Taste of the food was not better than of the average Italian chain restaurant. It certainly didn't taste home made.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/21/2014Our meal was great! Portions are huge. Good recommendations from our waiter from wine to main courses. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Bring your appetiteCB28VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food is good but the portions are enormous! I entre can literally feed 4 people. The downside, you can't try a bunch of different food because the server tells you that you really shouldnt order all that and it woudl be too much. Sometimes, less is more! The food was good, service was excelent, and overall pretty good. I'd give it a shot!Special Features:
- GoodChrisVIPDined on 6/20/2014Had a large group reservation, and they easily put some tables together for us in the back and had 3 waiters ready to cover for us. The cocktails are delicious. Just remember that things are family style, so you want to get sides for your group; the entrees alone don't have anything to go with them. Pretty pricey, I thought too.Special Features:
- Memorable dining!TheWindyCityVIPDined on 6/20/2014After reading the good reviews and suggestions here, I chose Centro for my birthday celebration. The plates are definitely shareable. My wife and I shared the Grilled Seafood Mixto - yes....it's as good as they say! The charred flavor of the fresh seafood that is lightly seasoned is outstanding! We shared a Cesar salad prepared tableside, which was very good. We also split an entrée, a special of swordfish prepared Oscar-style. Delicious! For dessert, flourless chocolate cake with Cappuccino gelato and raspberry sauce. We also had two martinis and a bottle of wine. Total tab was $138! Excellent value, outstanding service, perfectly prepared dishes = a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Old CentrowillreturnDined on 6/19/2014brought back great memories of the old Centro. am glad it's back!Special Features:
- Thank you George!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014We had a group of 12 and everything was absolutely perfect. Our server, George, was the BEST, and the food was amazing! Our favorite place in Chicago!Special Features:
- Nice Italian RestaurantTonyHDined on 6/14/2014Overall, I liked Centro for its excellent Italian food, service, and location to the Mag Mile. The wait staff was very nice and had wonderful recommendations for food. The service was very prompt and the food was prepared perfectly by their extremely efficient kitchen, which had our meal to our table in less than 10 minutes from ordering. The restaurant had good ambiance throughout the majority of the floor space, but we were seated in very awkward two person tables that lined the outer areas where big columns blocked our outside views of the city. Not appealing or very romantic, especially when celebrating a 10 year wedding anniversary that was noted on the reservation. Outside seating or a better table with view would've been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flyinghiDined on 6/13/2014Good food , good service, enjoyable time I would recommendI would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service, nice portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014Centro makes the diner feel special. Our server checked on us several times to see how our evening was going, as did the manager. The entrees were top notch (I had linguine with mussels, and the mussels were some of the largest I had seen on a dinner plate!) and the portions were ample. We found a good bottle of chianti for $42. Two complaints: bread arrived rather late to the table and when we arrived, the AC was cranked to the hilt. The restaurant dialed it down when we mentioned how cold we were. Overall, though, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service LevelInsbobVIPDined on 5/27/2014I don't think they had planned properly for the customer load. I know that it is not always busy at lunch, but our waiter just could not keep up. The food was excellent, but there was a lot of downtime.Special Features:
- Great spot for big partyDavidg1977VIPDined on 5/25/2014I made reservcation on OpenTable and showed up at the door 30 minutes later. We were treated as if we'd been planning the meal for months. We came in for early dinner with group of 11 -- 5 adults 5 kids (8, 8, 5, 4, 2). The service was excellent! Team service with a lead waiter and they were all so patient and helpful. Not pushy and got great food to the kids in a good pace. The adults all ordered different types of pasta and each one us enjoyed thoroughly. While we didnt do the full 5 course meal that I've had at Carmines and expect to be great at Centro, they didn't make us feel badly about that at all. Really a great way to end a family reunion / wedding weekend in Chicago.Special Features:
- Great AgainJeffVIPDined on 5/24/2014Second time visiting the restaurant and both visits were terrific. Our waiter George made some great recommendations and the lamb chops were incredible.Special Features:
- Best of RosebudBobbyPVIPDined on 5/23/2014Truly one of Rosebuds gems, all their best dishes and more, great food service was spectacular...only short coming was the crowd and a tad too noisy. Ask for George, our waiter, he made the evening!Special Features: