6 W Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (312) 988-7775
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am to 11pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Joe Farina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Centro
The Rosebud group is proud to announce the return of Centro Ristorante, the legendary 1990's hotspot. Centro will redefine the social dining experience by blending the traditional charm Rosebud is famous for with neoclassic Italian cuisine and a vibrant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centro reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (34)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (23)hot spot (23)notable wine list (20)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- authentic italian in river northOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/26/2014we've had consistently great meals at centro. the menu is authentic italian with generous portions. centro boasts "the greatest meatballs, ever" and they don't disappoint. the specials are definitely well thought out and worthy of serious consideration. my mouth is watering just remembering. but centro can't rest on the laurels of its kitchen. the service we've had has been attentive and knowledgeable. our servers have never steered us wrong on wine or food selections. our most recent visit, we had the good fortune of being seated at anna's table. she was so welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful. she expertly explained ingredients, preparations, pros/cons of menu choices. she made us feel like long-time friends. the restaurant is relatively small, yet lacks some of the intimacy of other similarly-sized properties. the location doesn't offer much in the way of views. decor is tasteful and current. the wine list is ok, but if you're really picky, you may feel like you're settling. if you don't need to gaze on the city's skyline or a body of water, but want beautifully prepared italian specialties with top-notch service, give centro a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a terrific dinnerJilloDined on 11/22/2014We had a late dinner after a show started with Calamari it was huge but we couldn't stop eating it. Dinner was veal parm and salmon both were delicious --portions were so large well get to enjoy a second time as leftovers. Host and server were knowledgeable and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate there on a girls' weekend and we loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food was wonderful. The service was great too. We had dessert that we all split, and there was still some left over. They have big portions but our server explained to us how we could share things and helped with suggestions. Overall, this place was perfect. Can't wait to go back again next time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value/ very good foodcallmasicmVIPDined on 11/14/2014I'm not sure how they serve a Flintstones sized meal for the price they do, but it certainly was tasty good quality food. Carlo the manager was a super nice guy and very attentive. Would certainly not hesitate to go again when visiting Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the standardMaypackageDined on 11/3/2014I have been here several times. This time they wanted to give me the worse table in the place so I ended up with the second worse. Right by the door. As people waited, they huddled around my table even to the point of sitting at an empty chair we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and two children ages 15 1/2 and 14 all love the restaurant. Large portions allowed us to split some dishes. And have leftovers of others for a second meal writing a review. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceJeanneDined on 10/21/2014Although the noise level was higher than I prefer, the food was great and our waiter, Bobby, could not have been more attentive. The Veal Piccante was the best I've had in many years, and the Pumpkin Cheesecake was really good as well. I'd go back, but only during the week when I can have a better chance that my table conversation won't be strained due to the high noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time!vegaplaceDined on 10/17/2014We went for dinner and the wine tasting and it was fantastic. For $25 you got to taste 8 different types of wine and they really filled up your glass too! The food was excellent as well! We did family style for 5 people and there was so much food left, we took it home! Excellent! Fun atmosphere and our waiter was knowledgeable and extremely entertaining!Special Features:
- Acekolb12Dined on 10/10/2014We frequent many times!! Great food and service!!!!! AffordableSpecial Features:
- ExcellentMikeshoeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Maybe one of the best meals I've had! Excellent service coupled with perfect pasta and sauces. Cwonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Centro I rememberChicagoDinerDined on 10/4/2014This was my second time back to the new location and the second time I was disappointed. The food was just OK. The service was more the issue. We had a 5:45pm reservation on a Saturday. The restaurant was not busy. Our server didn't know the menu at all, took WAY too long to serve us and came by only sporadically throughout the meal to check on us. When we did ask for things - bread, butter/olive oil for the bread, cheese for our pasta - it took too long to arrive. Actually, the butter/olive oil never arrived. When we were asked if we wanted dessert, I asked what they had. She didn't know. We ordered the Cannoli a la mode which we were told was a cannoli cake with ice cream. Instead we got 3 cannolis on a plate. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Good Italian for a GroupH20skier66Dined on 9/27/2014Centro is a good option for a party of 6 to 8. Lively, fun, decent prices, above average Italian. It's downfall is it's location; while seemingly a strength being at State and Hubbard isn't ideal. Our table was near an open window which was great for people watching. However non-stop strip club banner trucks rolling around the block, Harley packs with screaming exhaust pipes, booming stereos, and drunken riff raff walking past the window isn't ideal. State and Hubbard is a "dirty" corner that hasn't really taken off for some reason. Centro is trying to be more upscale but it's surroundings don't really help it to accomplish this goal. Nothing they can do to fix that, for me good dining experience, bad location even if it's "trendy".Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceNot2returnDined on 9/27/2014We had gone to Centro earlier in the year and found it to be a nice experience. We sat at the bar and food plus service was good. This time it was the opposite. Very noisy, lack of service and disappointing menu. Our wait staff rarely checked in with us to replenish drinks or how our meal was after it was served. As to the menu, everything is ala carte, not mentioned during our placement of our orders. So price wise and appeal were very disappointing. Will not return.
- You're invisible hereHeleneVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went last Saturday night. Our reservation stated we were celebrating a special occassion and to please reserve a nice table. When we walked in we were offered either the first table where people were standing around waiting, or a high top next to that also first table when you enter. We did get our table moved after asking. The service was very slow and didn't recieve even simple things like olive oil or pepper without asking more than once. Cocktails were served with the glass only half full. The place was extremely noisy...however; the food WAS good. and the manager brought us a dessert for our bad experience. There are enough restaurants that have good food and appreciate you giving them business with much better service.
- Fabulous addition to Rosebud FamilySuburbanGirlDined on 9/19/2014Went here with my husband and daughter. Had never been. Huge portions, fabulous food, fabulous service. I highly recommend any of the homemade pastas. Anna was our server and she was great. Knew a lot about the restaurant, the menu and was very prompt. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CentroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent all around service,food wine and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/17/2014I found Centro to be overpriced and was not very impressed with the quality of the food.
- FantasticDiggsterVIPDined on 9/16/2014Finally another Rosebud product that embraces River North. As a local, it's a place you want to hang out. The management and staff are fantastic and the food is stellar, whether it is steak, seafood or pasta. The meatballs are amazing, throw in some pasta and it is some of the best Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs I have ever eaten. Wine list is fantastic too and the interior setting is warm and comfortable. The outdoor seating is a scene, with great people watching opps.Special Features:
- Stalwart Chicago ItaliandiscrimineaterDined on 9/13/2014Centro is an excellent traditional Italian restaurant with an emphasis on steak and seafood. There are house made pastas as well. The salads are vibrant and perfectly dressed. The wait staff is excellent and attentive. I will return again, and highly recommend Centro to all who want to experience great, real Italian cuisine with great ingredients and exciting specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014EXCELLENT! Very nice restaurant in the near north area. Good food, good atmosphere, great service.Special Features:
- Great food;large( too large)portionLSD12VIPDined on 9/8/2014Food was terrific but the portion size is a bit too much . Took hone 1/2 of the appatizer. Had a nice table by open window so just like being outside. server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were great.MarkVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good variety of menu selections. Excellent service. Large portions for everything we ordered so keep this in mind when ordering. Would definitely dine here again to try other items on menu. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, Good Scenory1BrazilDined on 9/7/2014The food was OK but being outside and watching the surroundings were great. May go back but certainly glad we wentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The service was just fair. The timing of the waiter was off. Serving steaks to the table without steak knives...saying you'll be right back with knives and then forgetting. On top of that one of the steaks was over cooked. This was disappointing.
- Amazing findcsloan20Dined on 9/5/2014Came here Friday night 9/5 for dinner. We were able to sit outside despite the rain that evening. Server Damian was outstanding!! Very personable and professional. Food was amazing!! Hands down one of my new favorite restaurants in Chicago!!Special Features:
- Gnats AwayStein4meVIPDined on 9/4/2014The food and ambiance would have been great except for the gnats flying around and landing.....everywhere. Second time this has happened so the lame excuses won't work.
- Overall good dinnerTrev086VIPDined on 9/1/2014Portions are huge! Overall our meal was great. We sat outside, and the only complain is the tables are a bit small to sit 4 with the size of the plates. Service was attentive, and everyone's meal was superb.Special Features:
- We will return oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014We just moved into the city and found Centro because it is walking distance and is a Rosebud restaurant. So for our special move in dinner, we knew we could not go wrong and we were not disappointed. Damien was our server who was terrific and let us linger over drinks just checking in periodically. He did the Caesar salad tableside and took it over himself knowing we like it two different ways. There were too many choices we would have loved to try for entrees so we will return often to try them all. A great ambiance for adult dining right on a convenient corner in River North. Great experience all around from the host stand to the service. The food was very authentic Italian with other choices like steak and fish available.Special Features:
- Quantity and QualityMandJDined on 8/30/2014We were a group of four trying Centro for the first time. Recommended by our concierge and we were blown away by the portion size of our meals. None of our group finished our main entrees and were very sad we couldn't because the taste was outstanding! Great job, service was personable and friendly! Overall we would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Worst food per dollar. Ambience is from 80s, and just seemed to be catering to groups, well. Not a good choice for first dates.
- Amazing Italian!ChristineDined on 8/23/2014You won't be disappointed with anything on the menu. Beware, the portions are enormous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Brunch Was Great!CS440VIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm not a fan of Centro for dinner (the tables are packed, it's very tight and pretty loud) but Centro is my favorite little gem for brunch! People don't think to go here for brunch so there's rarely a wait, even for their lovely outside tables! The brunch menu is just the right size, with a little bit of something for everyone. The maple bacon bloody is AMAZING (if you like bourbon!) and the other brunch cocktails are very well thought out and executed perfectly.Special Features:
- All At OnceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Waited some time for our appetizer: 35 minutes to be exact. Upon receiving this delicious dish, our dinner came out directly after. Food is excellent, but timing fell short. Sadly, too, we never were asked about dessert or coffees. We just figured he wanted us out.Special Features:
- Restaurant Manager very bothersomeGJ12VIPDined on 8/1/2014Very nice al fresco dining, except the "Manager" kept eyeballing us and our table, as if to suggest that we eat quickly so he can turn the table over. Actually became uncomfortable as a result. Waitress was great, but the Manager kills the experience. Perhaps he should consider a career change to a fast food restaurant so he can turn tables over quicker. This location has had at least three restaurants fold in the last few years, I wonder if he was managing them too?I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 235 reviews are from the Centro reviews archive.
- As good as the first CentroCoxieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always loved Centro on Clark. Was disappointed when it closed. Glad to visit the new digs.Special Features:
- Cant wait to returnCOMRAKVIPDined on 7/20/2014The experience was all around great! WARNING! The portions are huge! The Manager, Joseph, was very accomodating and we expressed our enthusiasm for being at the new Centro. I told him I could not believe how large my salad was! He offered up the option of 1/2 salad for the future. I wish our server would have offered that option, but I was thankful that the manager was up frount and informative. He is a charming young man and I am sure he will be a great draw to Centro. There were several items on the menu that I am anxious to try on my next visit. My husband had the Vodka pasta which was delicious. Again a nice size portion so either prepare to take home or share. Martinis were GREAT! Ambience great, if visiting Chicago stop here!Special Features:
- Huh?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Met friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Bad choice. The food was really very good, and the service was OUTSTANDING, but we couldn't hear each other! Terrible place for a quiet dinner, but great place for a casual meal with people you don't need to catch up with.
- Consistently AwesomeEaterDined on 7/9/2014This is a staple for every trip to Chicago. Great Family style portion sharing of very good Italian food. Go There!Special Features:
- Handled a large group with easeSFvisitorDined on 7/5/2014Our volleyball team was in town for a tournament and went to Centro for a Saturday night dinner. Our server had excellent recommendations for teammates who weren't familiar with Italian dishes. Food came out promptly and hot. Overall a great find and it would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centroberniiDined on 6/28/2014Very nice. A little noisy but great food and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.