74 7th Avenue South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.centrovinoteca.com/
- Phone: 2123677470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: Noon - 5:00pm Weekend Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Beau Houck
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Centro can seat parties of up to 15 guests and has a private dinning room that can accommodate up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Rizo Boljevic 2123677470
A word from Centro Vinoteca
A casually elegant neighborhood restaurant from the owner of Gusto, Centro Vinoteca showcases seasonal, boldly flavored cooking rooted in the traditions of Italy. The airy bi-level space was designed by Thomas Juul-Hansen, with a stylish yet comfortable black and white décor, large French windows on the ground floor, and an inviting bar for drinks and eats. Upstairs, the cozy dining room offers a more intimate experience. Start with piccolini, small shareable plates designed to whet the appetite, before delving into the well-priced main menu. The wine list features over 200 wines from throughout Italy, including many available by the quartino.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centro Vinoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
- Modern, creative Italian cuisineDVreelandVIPDined on 3/16/2013Modern, creative Italian cuisine served in a beautiful space by attentive staff. It is a bit pricey but the quality is definitely there.Special Features:
- My first visit to this restaurantMiekeDined on 3/15/2013My first visit to this restaurant was a delightful experience in every respect. The food was delicious, the wine outstanding, and our waiter was most charming and helpful. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:
- Even though they were outAmazingVIPDined on 3/15/2013Even though they were out of a few items we wanted to order (the steak?!) the meal was delicious. Service was really good. The deviled eggs starter was so good. Very good foodSpecial Features:
- Worth your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013I had dinner at Centro Vinoteca with my date after searching through a bunch of never-before-tried restaurants in the Village. Definitely worth my time, the food was to die for (best octopus appetizer dish I've ever had) and the service was very good. Subway rumbling is part of the ambiance as you gaze out at 7th south. Give it a shot -- I'm sure there are more perfect restaurants in the world but this place was really good by any measure.Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerChichiVIPDined on 3/6/2013Great cocktails, extensive wine list, excellent small plates. Great pre theater optionSpecial Features:
- Quaint little spot in theCityjohnVIPDined on 3/1/2013Quaint little spot in the village. Nice decor, food was okay.
- An exciting all-occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Really a great spot for a lazy afternoon. Gorgeous decor and warm vibe. Food was quite memorable, each course better than the last. Wine list is extensive and beautifully displayed by the bar. I plan to come back on a Monday to enjoy the half price cocktails and wine all day! A great discovery.Special Features:
- Bad Restaurant Week experienceandycali6Dined on 1/29/2013Not a good experience. I think the 'Restaurant Week" menu was thoughtless and uninteresting. Dessert was the worst: I didn't know lava, as in volcano, was COLD. The name of the dessert was " Lava chocolate cake " so it was really annoying to expect a warm, yummy dessert, and be served a room-temperature, almost cold dessert. The music selection also left much to be desired.
- In a word... amateur!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013I will never go back. Overpriced food and wine but very nice staff EXCEPT the owner. After ordering a nice wine and relaxing at our table, we were constantly nagged to put in our food order without having barely a sip of our wine. We hadn't even had a chance to peruse the menu! After 30 minutes, a man, who turned out to be the owner, told us that there were seats at the bar. Asking why, he said it was saturday night and tables were for food, which we were fully intending to order. After finishing the food we had, pedestrian as it was, I spoke to the owner about his comment. He denied it was him that spoke to us and told us it must have been someone else. Are you kidding? Rude and unprofessional and frankly, weird. Don't go!!!!!!!
- The service was great, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2013The service was great, particularly at the bar. Very helpful with the wine selection. However the subway runs underneath the restaurant so the noise is loud and ambiance mediocre.Special Features:
- Quant little spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2013Did restaurant prefixe menu. Delicious! Would definitely return.Special Features:
- A little noise, but good foodMikeFukudaDined on 1/19/2013A little noise, but good food with limited wine options.Special Features:
- I got the Gilt City deal forMaggieVDined on 1/18/2013I got the Gilt City deal for 4 app's & 2 glasses of wine for 2 people. Unfortunately, I didn't print out the certificate and did not see this deal was only for bar seating. Since I made reservations with Open Table, I didn't speak with anyone prior to arriving. So we were seated upstairs and then told that we would have to sit at the bar for the deal. I was unsure what difference it made if we sat at a table or at the bar - the upstairs is an adorable little spot and I wanted to stay. The manager begrudgingly allowed us to stay at our table and I'm glad he did - we had a really great time. The food was INCREDIBLE. Pizza, octopus, oysters, calamari and wine - service was amazing - I would return for sure.Special Features:
- The food, service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013The food, service and ambiance was excellent, I would definately recommendSpecial Features:
- Nice ambiance, helpful service,AsheVIPDined on 1/11/2013Nice ambiance, helpful service, but food was below average
- Great Food and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012I've been here a few times now and this place never disappoints. I went for lunch with some coworkers and we all had some signature cocktails but the favorite was the Moscow Mule. We shared some appetizers including the cheese plate and marinated olives. For main course everyone got a different plate of pasta and all the plates were wiped clean. In addition their bread is great and served prior to the meal with olive oil. The staff was very accomodating coming by the table to check on us frequently but without disrupting us. I can't wait to go back and try something new.Special Features:
- american way of italian cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2012It is always strange when your main course - in my case it was halibut with spinach and carrots - arrives to your table in 15 minutes after your order... I just finished my mozarella with proshutto (!!! which is very strange but ok) as an apetiser and voila - here was my main course.In such situation you begin to suspect chef in advance food preparation ... But the fish was very tasty and fresh!And I can not stop myself from begging native americans - please, try to control yourself when talking in public places - you are so f***ing noisy and talk rubbish often!!!Special Features:
- Good for apps and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2012Drinks were great. Appetizers were good. Entre was not good. I love dining out and when I go out I want my food to be complex and tasty. I love to experience something outside of the norm. The entres were just not up to par. They lacked flavor and complexity. I would go back for drinks or apps.Special Features:
- Great night with Leonardo!operabuffDined on 12/19/2012I'd been here once or twice before mostly because it is one block from my apartment. Made plansto go with 6 family members and a couple of ny friends. We brought my 80 yr Old Mom and her friends. None of the friends of mom were very sophisticated about Italian food and had difficulty figuring out the menu. however for most of us it was a nicely balanced choice of antipasti, primi (pastas) and secondis (meat and fish) from ny and not terribly sowhich o choose. We had a perfect table for 6 in the corner and it was a lovely setting. Our waiter, Leonardo, could not have been more charming and helpful. Lovely to the ladies of all ages and genuinely concerned about making everyone's experience a good one. Food was fantastic...we were disappointedSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, great servicebswein99VIPDined on 12/15/2012We were a group of five and they gave us a table upstairs, which was lovely--quieter and more intimate than the downstairs. Our server was very attentive, and very apologetic that the lovely white wine we ordered was not well chilled. We shared three fabulous appetizers--the octopus was especially delicious and everyoned loved his/her main dish except my husband. He ordered the day's special pasta, filled with squash and sage, but it was almost tasteless (particularly in contrast to flavorful tagliolini with lamb ragu and goat cheese that I ordered). We actually mentioned this to our server and the restaurant didn't charge us for the ravioli. Finally, we shared a delicious hazelnut semi-freddo for dessert. All in all, a lovely meal.Special Features:
- A pre-show gemSteveWPVIPDined on 12/15/2012Great find for pre-show dinner. Friendly staff, very good food and reasonably priced for the area. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a lovely experience4thtimeVIPDined on 12/8/2012We had a lovely experience here this time. Good service, great food and a fantastic recommendation on the wine.Special Features:
- The food was good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012The food was good but not memorable - the waiter was very attentive. One thing we did not appreciate was the way the manager and hostess handled our reservation. We were offered the worst table in the house while there were others still available. When we asked to switch we were told we could not as they were fully booked and all tables were taken. First of all no specific table was reserved in this restaurant and the table we inquired about switching to - right next to us away from the stairs - remained empty the whole night as did some others. We mentioned this on our way out to the manager but he was rude and did not apologize. Patrons should be appreciated and valued - there are too many other better options in the city.
- Wonderful food and excellentKira0483VIPDined on 11/24/2012Wonderful food and excellent service. The tables are a bit close, so it's not great for conversation. It does have a very lively bar! My husband and I definitely plan to put in on our list of regular spots.Special Features:
- Went for lunch, the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012Went for lunch, the food was very good and they were fast. We were seeing a show and they made sure we were in and out on time.
- Best for lunch in the village ....GourmantVIPDined on 11/21/2012What a find. The menu is varied and reasonable. The ambiance was warm and friendly for lunch in the fall. The quality of the food, we had burgers, panini s and pasta and sald were all cooked to perfection and the service was beyond compare. For a family outing/ lunch before a walking tur of Greenwich village it is the perfect spot to start or to have a glass of wine at the bar with a quick appetizer.Special Features:
- Overall the food was prettyjpf10011VIPDined on 11/19/2012Overall the food was pretty good. The service was less so, even though the restaurant was not very crowded.
- Beautiful restaurant withvjh23Dined on 11/9/2012Beautiful restaurant with authentic and delicious food, graciously served.Special Features:
- We sat upstairs which wasjilliancimsDined on 10/20/2012We sat upstairs which was a little quieter and more calm than the first floor. I've sat on the first floor also, both visits were wonderful and the food has been delicious every time!
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2012The upstairs room can be charming and quiet but the food has gone way down hill since it first opened.Special Features:
- Really great food but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2012Really great food but the waitress was rude- she never made eye contact and seemed like she just wanted our money and for us to leave.
- This is a great neighborhoodPatrickDined on 10/10/2012This is a great neighborhood spot for exceptional food. Some of the best Italian I've had.
- Great meal! Doors open alongOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2012Great meal! Doors open along the street so it feels like outside dining which was wonderful on a nice fall night. Waiter was very attentive. Would recommend and would visit again.Special Features:
- One of my favorite West VillageDallasfoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2012One of my favorite West Village Italian restaurants. The food has been consistently great, service good, and prices are reasonable. The bacon wrapped gorgonzola stuffed dates appetizer I ordered on my most recent visit were exceptional. I always put Centro on my list when I have friends and family visiting.Special Features:
- A West Village MustBradNYDined on 9/28/2012We were very impressed with the food and service here. I had the oysters on the half shell for an appetizer. They were super fresh and tasted brite and the mignonette was subtle and let the freshness of the oysters shine. I had the pappardelle with lamb ragout for a main course. This is one of my fav pasta dishes. Unfortunately, I am often disappointed, not that night. The pasta was fresh and the sauce(too often too sweet) was perfectly balanced and the ratio of sauce to pasta was just right.Special Features:
- Good spot for happy hour and dinnerMrBobDobalinaVIPDined on 9/26/2012Great happy hour discounts and excellent food. Quality spot for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- One of the worst meals I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012One of the worst meals I have ever had in New York. 1) The fritters were basically fatty hush puppies served with a bland Marinara--tasted like it was out of a can. 2) The bacon on the bacon wrapped dates was almost inedible. The dates tasted syrupy--again, almost like out of a can. 3) My salmon was served on a grotesque bed of overcooked vegetable-ish material. The red sauce around it was utterly uninspired and tasted unseasoned, almost ketchup-y with dye. The salmon had a gross crust on it--reminded me of crushed Shake n Bake, but without the seasoning. The salmon itself just felt weighed down, heavy, watery. 4) My dining partner had a pasta dish she felt was "grotesquely undercooked."
- Food was delicious, serviceLovesreallygoodfoodVIPDined on 9/15/2012Food was delicious, service was friendly and warm. The noise was just a bit much with tables of single women and women at the bar, encumbering our abIlity to hear and speak at normal levels. Otherwise a great meal!Special Features:
- I have lived in the West VillageFood4thoughtDined on 9/14/2012I have lived in the West Village for five years and am kicking myself for not trying Centro Vinoteca sooner!Special Features:
- This place had a great location,nekobabyVIPDined on 8/21/2012This place had a great location, the removal of the glass panels easily converted our experience to an outdoor one and the food was delicious. Don't be scared off by the "high" wine by the glass prices - it is not for a glass but for a quartino.Special Features: