Centro Restaurant & Lounge
One West Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Centro Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.centroprovidence.com/
- Phone: (401) 228-6802
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Served Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am, Walk-ins...No Reservations for Breakfast Service
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar and Lounge open nightly till close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Escudé
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Sabin
- Public Transit: Kennedy Plaza Bus Transit
Amtrak Train Station
TF Green Airport (Warwick)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Centro offers 3 hours free parking in the Rhode Island Convention Center parking garage (during dinner service only) as well as valet parking for your convenience.
A word from Centro Restaurant & Lounge
Centro Restaurant and Lounge has been defined as "A Return to Grand Hotel Dining," "Not afraid of excess," and as "The Restaurant in the Omni, not a "hotel restaurant." Our seasonal, fresh, Italian Inspired Cuisine, Extensive Wine List and Bar Menu are only the beginning. We are focused on bringing our patrons an amazing experience, whether it is in our lounge, dining room or at a function in our private dining room. You will find our staff professional, personable and exceeding your expectations. Conveniently located in the Omni Providence Hotel on the 2nd floor, Centro is open every day for breakfast from 6:30am until 11:30am, lunch from 11:30am until 2:30pm, full lunch menu in the bar and lounge from 2:30pm to 5pm, and dinner from 5pm until 11pm. Join us in our relaxing lounge anytime between 11am and closing for a glass of wine, specialty drinks, or our late night menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centro Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Nobody at door to greet us. Waited for table even though we had reservation. Waiter was distant and unfriendly. Too dark to read menu. No suggestions made. Didn't get our drinks until after appetizers. Nit a mention of friends birthday. A total fail.
- Small portionsCdmdadDined on 10/18/2014The menu had some great options. The portions were a little on the small side for the prices. The food was delicious, however. The ambiance/ atmosphere was very nice and a very nice bar/ lounge area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awful!AmattesonDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of 4. The waiter we had was terrible. He was not very pleasant, seemed always in a rush & did not really care about our service. We ordered 2 apps & 4 entrees. I had asked for a substitution no potatoes just veg & the waiter told me he would ask the chef came back out and said the kitchen is to busy to do that but we could order a side of veg. Then ALL our food & apps came out together! It got cold because we could not eat everything at once. The server came over & did not even care or offer us any options just said oh well it's busy back there! In the end the server never apologized or did anything for the inconvenience. Sad part is the food was delicious...Special Features:
- Expensive RestaurantArtmclriDined on 9/28/2014Although the food was good it was very expensive. More than other downtown Providence restaurants. And if you want coffee?? Each and every cup is $4.00 !!
- Lovely, quiet, convenientchefchickDined on 9/13/2014Came here after Disney on Ice at the Dunkin Donuts Center. It started raining as the show let out, so we used the indoor sky walk that connects the DDC to the Omni Hotel where Centro is and the Providence Place mall as well.The atmosphere was perfect after the high energy and noise level of where we'd just left; quiet, large and softly lit.We had beef carpaccio and meatballs to share as appetizers; both delicious. Our party had mac & cheese (my 4 yo; they do have a kids menu though I didn't see it on the website - was planning on getting her a pizza); snapper, salmon and pork entrees. All vey well prepared, as was creme brûlée and coffee. Great service except for a 15min disappearance after dessert was brought, we waited for our check.Special Features:
- Waiter that is on your sideglobaltravlerDined on 7/29/2014I want to start with a suggestion. Upon arrival, ask for Paul M as your waiter. He is professional, attentive to his customers, and goes out of the way to take care of his customers. Now about the restaurant. The restaurant is fairly new and well decorated. It is quiet and good for dinner conversations. The clam chowder is excellent with large chuncks of clams. For entre, I highly recommend the scallop and the sirloin. The red snapper is a bit on the plain and tough side so I would stay away from it. The lobster ravioli is delicious. The portion seemed a bit small.Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Centro Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- A Providence GemTonyMichaels23VIPDined on 7/26/2014In a city of many great restaurants, it is difficult to stand out, but Centro manages to do that.Special Features:
- FoodTraaDined on 7/19/2014Dinner food gas great flavor and presentation. The breakfast buffet and staff the next day were great as well. Ambiance was five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningIvanDined on 5/10/2014Was surprised to find that this restaurant was in a hotel, but it was a very nice dinner without the "canned" atmosphere one finds in many hotel restaurants.Special Features:
- Last Minute SurpriseChristopherDined on 4/26/2014We had a change of plans last minute and needed a new location for a party of 10 on a Saturday night.. Found this place on open table and made the reservation... Everyone was pleasantly surprised how nice the atmosphere was.. We waited at the bar (by choice) while everyone arrived and had a. Great bar tender.. They sat us at a great table... Food was just as tastefully as the place itself... Would highly recommend this place to any and all my friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodJackVIPDined on 4/12/2014Food is always great. Having no specials was a little disappointing but everything was great...Special Features:
- Delicious food @ CentroMissElizaDined on 3/29/2014The food was really great at Centro. I felt the prices were a little high but since I'm not from the area they may be spot-on. The service was wonderful and our server was great. We asked to have separate checks which I realize is extremely annoying to servers but ours was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formally known as the AGORAAxelVIPDined on 3/7/2014Often overlooked as a hotel restaurant the formally known AGORA was renamed the CENTRO. It is located in the new OMNI hotel which is the old Westin Hotel which is connected to Providence Place Mall via a sky bridge. We were looking for a light lunch and a walk in the mall on a cold winter day. At the entrance of the CENTRO we actually met the chef and asked him what he would recommend: The spinach salad and the Vegetable Panini was our choice among his recommendations. Turns out the chef is always right. The Panini was delicious, not too fatty but crisp on the outside. The spinach salad had walnuts and goat chees. A perfect light lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Valentine's DaytdmoochDined on 2/15/2014I took my girlfriend here on Valentine's Day, not knowing much about the restaruant. It exceeded my expectations...the wait staff was exceptional, the food was delicious, and the overall atmosphere was great! I had the Sirloin steak and my girlfriend had the scallops...both were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. LotsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The food was very good. Lots of flavor. The featured drinks were a let down, Serving size wasnt what you would have expected. And our water boy had more menu knowledge than our server.
- So SoFoodie1Dined on 1/17/2014Centro is very nice inside, the host was pleasant and our waitress was also friendly and honest when it came to her opinion on food choices...this is the only reason I give the overall place a 3. I think what matters most about a restaurant is food and there food was nothing to rave about, I ordered the squash soup...it was simple yet good but not awesome. As an entree I got the salmon and I've had better and even made better myself so I was a bit disappointed. Even the potato things on the side weren't very good, had a weird taste which I did not enjoy very much. As a dessert I got the Tiramisu which I've had better at multiple place, my boyfriend ordered their cherry banana bread pudding, and we did not like that at all.Special Features:
- All of our meals were wellSGregorioVIPDined on 11/9/2013All of our meals were well prepared and very tasty. We would come back again.Special Features:
- Good Food - Average Servicesportsnut61Dined on 11/3/2013Food was very good and the portions provided were on the large side. The service was spotty at best. Our waiter could have been more attentive, did not bring spoons or milk when he served our tea at dessert and did not check with us frequently enough throughout our dinner. We also felt that the service was very slow. The highlight of the meal was sitting next to Adam West's table, "the original batman", who was dining in the restaurant after the "Comic-Con" convention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will find better placesAdrianoDined on 9/28/2013Didn't think the serviço was very good No patience and knowledge about the wine list & food Also we found many other places much better to eat, such as CAVSpecial Features:
- generally underwhelmedrunpvdDined on 9/28/2013Went there for a anniversary dinner. The service was very slow, but as well, the waitress acted like we were asking her to rob a bank when I asked for something not quite on the menu (which it was on the menu, she just could not think creatively- or be bothered to be more blunt). The service standard I think it generally not at the high bar that a restaurant with that menu and price point should be. The food was actually good (thank goodness, or I would have walked out). I am not sure if some people lower their bar on what they accept...But with so many other options and wait staff that are trained and willing to be of service, I am afraid that I would never go back there.
- GreatFinedinerDined on 5/18/2013I came here for graduation dinner with a group of 9 in total. The staff was excellent, knowledgable, and the food was fabulous. Everyone at the table was pleased. We got three appetizers to share and everyone ordered different entrees, everything was absolutely delicious. We had a few bottles of wine along with dinner and the list was impressive and our selections were delicious. Overall a great experience and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy and DineEat33Dined on 5/12/2013My experience at Centro Restaurant and Lounge was great. Very attentive and Friendly service and a very cozy, immaculate atmosphere. I would encourage any one to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We brought a large group tobhbrunchVIPDined on 4/13/2013We brought a large group to Centro for a special event and had a wonderful time. Our server Frank was extremely nice and attentive and the food was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal!Special Features:
- above average yet disappointsacwpvdVIPDined on 3/31/2013have dined here five times. its a decent place with solid italian food, yet nothing to write home about. the dining experience is, overall, a bit parochial. that is, the servers, bartenders, and food are reflective of a typical rhode island take on italian food. nothing too creative or experimental here and nothing impressive. the food is better than the service, however, which is done by very kind yet untrained servers. again, much of this is to be expected in a small state with not a lot of fine diners. the problem here is that the prices are too high for quality of the overall experience so you feel gouged. i hope the owners will find a way to put together a menu that has good quality but is slightly less expensive.
- yomOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2012the food was very good went early so it was not busy had a port dish that was to die for with vivergar petter would go there again for special dinner a little on the high side but worth itSpecial Features:
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CASHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Everything was perfect...... EXCEPT...... They only take cash... We had to go to 2 different atms to get money for our dimmer.. I usually dont carry 200.00 or more Dollars on me. So this was a total let down... Make sure you check before you start to order... Food was Great Service was Great but a big let down when we went to pay...We were in a hurray for another appointment since we had to run around to find an atm we were late ..Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant headedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012Amazing restaurant headed by an amazing chef who strives to make others happy through his love of foodSpecial Features:
- Have eaten at Centro's manyStarshellDined on 6/30/2012Have eaten at Centro's many times and have never been disappointed. Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent food, wonderful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012We dined at Centro Restaurant to celebrate my daughter's graduation. The staff was helpful and friendly and the food was excellent. Dishes such as the crabmeat appetizer, the slowly cooked Atlantic salmon and the carrot cake were memorable. I would definitely return to this restaurant when I visit Providence.Special Features:
- The overall feel and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/26/2012The overall feel and ambience of the restaurant is great. Nice menu and great food. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Imaginative ItalianKEDinesVIPDined on 5/26/2012My daughter and I had a fabulous dinner, from first course through dessert. Dishes are imaginative but not outlandish. The beet, goat cheese, and faro salad was unusual but very tasty, as was my daughter's chianti pear, argula, and proscuitto salad. (The only quibble here: the proscuitto slices were the bottom layer and thus completely out of view; she'd eaten most of the salad before she found them.) My daughter had the deconstructed lasagna with buttercup squash and I ordered the pasta ribbons with braised beef cheeks in a creamy truffle oil infused sauce - both wonderful. Desserts are generous - the untraditional but delicious biscotti plate could easily satisfy two. Service was very attentive. Expensive, but worth it!Special Features:
- Good dinner in downtown ProvidenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012The food was very good, but not exceptional, and the portions seemed to be too large. I know that is a strange criticism in supersized America, but too much of a good thing is not necessarily good, and nobody had room for desert. It seemed to be a tad overpriced for the quality hence the three stars instead of four.Special Features:
- Staff was very nice and friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Staff was very nice and friendly, made a reservation ahead of time to avert any long waiting periods after graduation. Dissappointed as table was not set up and ready when we arrived......Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012For Mothers' Day my son paid in advance for brunch for both grandmother and me. EVERYTHING was FABulous! Service was EXCELLENT (John), and the food was absolutely TOP NOTCH!!! We lingered for 2 hours and savored every morsel. Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!Special Features:
- My husband and I went to CentroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2012My husband and I went to Centro for first time this week. It has own unique style , wonderfully dark and cozy. We loved it. The staff was very attentive.Don husband had build a burger and turned out to be enormous and I had the ahi dinner that was wonderful. Centro has the best selection of martinis: We tried 3 unique and fabulous Martinis.We would go back again and recommend Centro to friends.Special Features:
- If the food was as excellentCristyVIPDined on 4/21/2012If the food was as excellent as the service, I would have given Centro five stars across the board.Special Features:
- don't botherbetsybDined on 4/8/2012We went for easter brunch. We thought the food they had was good but it was the skimpiest buffet we have ever been to. So few choices and not great selection. The dessert table was a joke. tiny pieces of cake or small cookies. not impressive at all. We usually go in boston but thought we would try providence. The mimosa was not included and the choices were so limited. not worth the money at all. No shrimp, no salads, it was not what we expected.
- We just had grilled pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/7/2012We just had grilled pizza & salad, but everything was very good. Great service, very relaxing.Special Features:
- Our first trip to this renewedWarren47VIPDined on 3/30/2012Our first trip to this renewed hotel restaurant and we were very pleasently surprised. I had a shrimp and fetticini dish and my wife had a meatless and red sauceless lasagna tht melted in your mouth. Frank, our waiter, was solicitous and helpful without being intrusive. Place was packed and we feared we wouldn't get in and out by our theatre time but no problem. Can't believe they fed o many so fast so well. Wine list ran from 3090 so plenty of options. Longer serving hours and availibility of sandwiches will make it a great place for after DD Cntr Events while waiting out traffic. We were very happy & will return
- I'm always a little concernedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/28/2012I'm always a little concerned when I dine at a hotel, but there is no need with Centro. The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. I sat at the bar and Sandra made me feel like I was the most important person there. She also makes the best drinks! I would definitely go again and recommend this place to anyone visiting Providence - hey, even if you live there, try Centro.Special Features: