Centro Latin Kitchen
950 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Centro Latin Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.centrolatinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3034427771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30-3 // Happy Hour: All DAY Monday, Tues-Sun 3-5:30 // Dinner: Everyday at 4 // Brunch: Sat & Sun 9:30-3 // Brunch Happy Hour: Sat & Sun 9:30-11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ian Clark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to provide a number of catering options for your event! Please email email@example.com for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dinning room, and patio are great spaces to hold private functions for almost any occasion. Costs for rentals vary depending on personal requests and/or needs.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Kerns 3034427771
- Special Events: We have a variety of different packages to accommodate your event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Cross Street: 10th St.
- Public Transit: Public transportion is available at our doorstep, as well as taxi services a half block east of our restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are metered street side parking spots, as well as public parking structures located one block south of our restaurant and one block east of our restaurant.
A word from Centro Latin Kitchen
From our soulfully delicious food expertly created by executive chef Ian Clark to our handcrafted cocktails Centro Latin Kitchen & refreshment palace is a restaurant that is fun, right down to the core.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centro Latin Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- I moved from Boulder but stillSteveDined on 3/15/2012I moved from Boulder but still get to visit twice a year. I always make a point to have dinner at Centro while I'm back. The service is always top notch and the food is delicious with plenty of vegetarian options. All reasonably priced too.Special Features:
- Good food. My steak was excellent.SuproVIPDined on 3/4/2012Good food. My steak was excellent. This is a VERY loud restaurant.
- The food and south-of-the-borderataqdinerDined on 2/28/2012The food and south-of-the-border cocktails are the reason to go here. It is mostly an adult scene (though before 9PM, kids abound) but Dave Query has built a very short and excellent menu. The Tuesday smoked meat special day is particularly fun.Special Features:
- Awesome food on Pearl StreetRickDined on 2/25/2012Fantastic is all I can say. The food was great, the selection on the small menu seemed limited but everything we ate was awesome. We had the weekend brunch and were not disapointed. We booked another reservation for the Wednesday Date Night that goes on every week. It is paella for two and a bottle of wine for $30.00, if that is as good as the brunch I will be one happy puppy.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2012We enjoyed our dinner and were lucky to get a quiet night at the restaurant. On the whole each enjoyed their entrees though there was some discussion of the tuna being stringy and the appetizer portion exceedingly small for the price. While our waitress was lovely and upbeat and helpful, she made us feel rushed by coming to the table repeatedly to take our order after we had told her we wanted to enjoy our appetizers and wine. After going through this at least 10 times, at some point it became annoying and irritating. A diverse and interesting menu.
- Don't miss the happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2012Don't miss the happy hour marg and pork green chili nacho.Special Features:
- The margaritas were very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2011The margaritas were very good but very expensive with alot of ice and very little drink.
- Unique food and superior serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2011Unique food and superior service -- a "must do" in Boulder.Special Features:
- The Wednesday night paellaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2011The Wednesday night paella deal is great! Paella for two and a bottle of wine for a total of $30. The paella is very, very good.Special Features:
- Usually betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2011Centro has been one of our favorite restaurants in Boulder since they opened. The food is creative and always excellent. This visit was not as good as usual. The food was great but it came out wrong. Two people ordered fried egg on top of Enchiladas/Burrito and didn't get them - they brought them later when we pointed it out. Some drink orders were also forgotten, and then rushed out when we reminded her. It was just a little haphazard. Our waitress was friendly but seems to have been the one making the mistakes. I'm hoping this is a one-time slip in quality, because the food is insanely good. (Brunch is amazing too by the way)Special Features:
- Food was a split. My mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2011Food was a split. My meal (the wahoo) was terrible, but my wife's tuna (the nightly special) was pretty good. I still don't understand the wahoo dish - ice cold pineapple, cold peppers, room temp fish, and lukewarm sweet potatoes. Just a terrible mixSpecial Features:
- Had a reservation throughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2011Had a reservation through Open Table. Got to restaurant and was totally ignored by hostess as a couple that cut in front of us was waited on and seated. We ended up at a table by the bathrooms, yuck. So, much for making a reservation. The server didn't get drinks or food out in anything that could be called a timely manner. We spent a lot of time, sitting, waiting for food and drinks. When we finally did get our food it was good but we haven't been back since.
- Love love love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Love love love this place! great service, great food, best of all great drinks! Stacey is great too!Special Features:
- Best Latin food in BoulderRestaurantOwnerVIPDined on 4/20/2011We had a fantastic server named Kellie who knew the menu inside and out and was very helpful. Loved the tamale starter and the pork tacos. The chcocolate cake at the end should not be missed. Good cocktails as wellSpecial Features:
- Great food. Criminally reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2011Great food. Criminally reasonable happy hour specials (food and drinks).Special Features:
- Good food, off the beatenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2010Good food, off the beaten track wines. Pork seems to be their speciality; the pork tacos were very good, and very spicy, and the pork bits in the nachos were great.Special Features:
- The food was fabulous. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2010The food was fabulous. Everything we ate was fantastic. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Went there with my wife forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2010Went there with my wife for a night out away from the kids. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We ordered a custom beer from a local brewery and it went very well with the Latin styled food. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a casual night out.Special Features:
- We had a great Brunch. NextMikeHikeEatVIPDined on 10/17/2010We had a great Brunch. Next time we are in Boulder we want to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Two trips, two failsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2010Had a dinner reservation, went on time and spent over $100 only to return home and get an email from Opentable saying Centro had canceled my reservation. Decided to give them another shot. This time I got a breakfast taco with a wire twist tie in it and my dining companion ate something that left her sick to her stomach the rest of the day. I have to say the food the first time was good, but after this brunch experience we will not be back.
- Centro has great drinks, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2010Centro has great drinks, good food, and a good Boulder downtown/Pearl St. feel/access. It's a great place for a meal with friends, flavorful and exciting dishes and drinks. Really fulfill their mission as a "refreshment palace". They do a great job when it comes to balancing spiciness and freshness. Habanero tacos sound like they should kill you, but they don't, they're so well balanced.Special Features:
- Granted we went early whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2010Granted we went early when there weren't many people seated yet, but we had multliple people helping us. The waiter assigned to our table was excellent and the food was delicious!
- Wonderful "happy hour" brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2010Wonderful "happy hour" brunch with delicious Bloody Mary and Mimosa drinks (very well priced too). The small plates are a good value but quality has declined a bit- used to be you would get a wonderful serving of their delish pork green chili smothered on top of hash browns. The 'smother' was very skimpy. Service was adequate - not terrific but not bad. If you ask for a table outside during a hot, sunny morning or afernoon, be certain to ask for a table in the shade otherwise you're cooking just like the tamales in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Centro has a great vibe -OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2010Centro has a great vibe - refreshment palace is nice. The food is good (not great, although occasionally the kitchen hits it just right, but it is not consistently great, but it is consistently GOOD). Great drink list and wonderful location.Special Features:
- We went for lunch on a sunnyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2010We went for lunch on a sunny Monday. The service was quick and efficient and they have happy hour all day on Monday, which was a great surprise for us. The shrimp and yam fritters are amazing and the sauce that goes with them is addictive. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- very nice experience, foodJ4abrahamDined on 6/21/2010very nice experience, food was great, drinks were great as well, would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- We had the Cerdo for two.MattfromLAVIPDined on 6/11/2010We had the Cerdo for two. Great tasting and wonderful presentation, but TOO much food. If the portion had been reasonably-sized then I would have given Centro an outstanding rating across the board.
- The patio was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2010The patio was great and the drink list was extensive. I would have like to see more variety and options on the food menu, however, the food was very delicious and beautifully presented! The down side was that the food was more expensive than I would have originally anticipated and I probably will only return for happy hour and special occasions in the future.Special Features:
- the food is fantastic, flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2010the food is fantastic, flavors are perfect noise a bit much but was completely happy with my culinary experience
- The food, atmosphere, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2010The food, atmosphere, and service at Centro are wonderful! A great, casual yet nice place to eat with excellent food. Their happy hour is my favorite!Special Features:
- The food tasted good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2010The food tasted good, but the corn tortillas in the huevos rancheros was really had to cut, even with a knife, for the three of us that ordered that dish. Service was slow especially to bring drinks to the table a couple times throughout the meal. I love the patio, so we'll be back, but I hope they can hire some servers who take their job seriously. These sorority girls simply aren't motivated to provide good service.Special Features:
- Solid breakfast menu withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2010Solid breakfast menu with a nice indoor outdoor vibe. Nice energy and good service.
- I eat fairly regularly atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010I eat fairly regularly at Centro and always have a very good experience. The staff is incredibly friendly and I think that the food is delicious. They have a wonderful evening happy hour menu and their brunch happy hour on the weekend is a lot of fun because you can try samplings of lots of different things. I particularly love the patio at Centro and the inside-outside bar is wonderful for warm summer nights (I personally love their Pomegranate Mojito). Centro does tend to be fairly noisy, especially when lots of people are at the bar but I've always found the noise homey and I like that music is always playing.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Beer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2010Food was very good. Beer was good as well. I was disappointed we were not given the Happy Hour menu. We had to ask for it. The waitress acted like she had no idea what we were talking about.Special Features:
- The food is fantastic, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2010The food is fantastic, but can be a bit spicy. However, the wait staff is happy to bring samples prior to ordering so you can test if anything is too spicy, or not quite spicy enough. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Centro has really steppedBmanVIPDined on 5/2/2010Centro has really stepped it up - the menu and service have been better each time I've visited this year. Not that either was lacking before but there has been an obvious and effective effort to improve in all areas and it shows. The food is simply incredible! Centro is easily my favorite southwestern restaurant in Colorado and rivals anything I've experienced in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Brunch was very good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2010Brunch was very good, although our little booth in the back was a disappointment due to the inclement weather. Normally, the patio is a lively and pretty place to eat. The trio salsa platter and chips is a favorite and the pomegranate mimosas were a big hit. The pepita-crusted toast with syrup and whipped cream was decadent and the chiliquiles were spiced just right.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010The food was absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately our service was not so wonderful. We ended up getting our drinks after our meal. I would still highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- My husband and I made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010My husband and I made reservations for Easter Brunch. The service was excellent and fast. Our food was very good and just what we were looking for!!! I would highly recommend Centro for a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Truly excellent - Kat didOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2010Truly excellent - Kat did a great job.......can't wait for summer and sitting out on the patio.......Special Features: