211 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.myriadrestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 2124310700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Aarón Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Franklin Street
- Public Transit: 1 train to Franklin Street (at West Broadway), A & E trains to Canal Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at several locations in the neighborhood. An indoor garage is located near Centrico, directly across from Franklin Street on Greenwich Street, and an outdoor garage is on the corner of North Moore and Greenwich Streets.
A word from Centrico
Centrico ('centrally located' in Spanish), is a fresh interpretation of regional Mexican cuisine. Executive Chef Aarón Sanchez partners with renowned restaurateur Drew Nieporent to offer an exciting and unique experience in the heart of Tribeca. Chef Sanchez, son of the legendary chef Zarela Martinez, goes back to his roots to cook the Mexican food of his childhood. His food marries Mexican tradition with an American perspective, emphasizing seasonal ingredients and modern technique. He aims to showcase his homeland's gastronomic depth and variety. Centrico's menu is a journey through the Mexican states, with picadas (corn tarts with salsa) from Michoacán, torta de mariscos (seafood frittata) from Veracruz, cochinita pibil (slow roasted suckling pig) from the Yucatán, and birria (braised short ribs in ancho chile broth) from Jalisco. Sanchez adds his own creative touches, resulting in clean, vibrant flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centrico reviews from OpenTable diners
- Contrary to some remarks readOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Contrary to some remarks read after I made our res, and before we dined...the food was very good. We had a prix fixe deal and we were very happily surprised with the high quality. We are not easy to to please and I reluctantly admit are foodies. It was a beautiful night and we ate outside. Inside was not bad, but not super appealing. Place is casual, drinks are excellent, again, here I am very hard to please. Even the frozen Margaritas were great with fine tequila and cointreau shining through. Highly recommended for a casual SW meal in Tribeca. Right next to Subway, but we drove in and parked easily(Aug).Special Features:
- ...we had to chop youoenophile59VIPDined on 8/24/2012I was disappointed with the entire experience. First of all we chose to sit outside on the patio since it was a nice evening which was a mistake, they placed us right against the railing on the street and being born in NYC, I warned my girlfriend that we would be "exposed" sitting there. Of course we were, and more than once we were asked for money from street people (or whatever the current PC term is). One guy got belligerent and I ended up giving him some money to leave us alone, to the next petitioner I told him he as "too late, one of his colleagues" already cleaned me out. As for the food, disappointing as well. The salad with prickly pear was nice except for the prickly pear part (a major component) which had stone like seeds throSpecial Features:
- Should be Called FANTASTICOLisaVIPDined on 8/18/2012Wow is all I can say about Aaron Sanchez' Centrico. This place doesn't miss a beat. With three of us we got to taste a good range of the food sharing everthing. Every bite was worth savoring. This restaurant should be in everyone's repertoire. This is one celebrity chef who didn't rest on his laurels.Special Features:
- The staff were so polite andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2012The staff were so polite and attentive. The hostess was very accommodating. The food was good. The service was even better!Special Features:
- Surprisingly empty room onOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2012Surprisingly empty room on a Saturday night... Food was amazing! Definitely get the side of roasted corn - sounds simple, but is incredible! Short rib quesidillas very good, chunky good guac. The margaritas were nuanced and very good. Beautiful room and atmosphere. Would definitely come back!Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I went asOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2012My boyfriend and I went as part of restaurant week because we are huge fans of Aaron Sanchez, and the menu did not disappoint. The platanos rellenos and braised ribs were amazing. To end the night, I had the chocolate molten cake, absolutely delicious. The staff was very attentive and helpful with selection of menu. Definitely will be going again!!!!!Special Features:
- Was not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Was not a good experience and was expensive. The worst combination.Special Features:
- Best Mexican Food I have had,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Best Mexican Food I have had, and absolutely the best margaritas !!!Special Features:
- Didn't make the gradeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Food was ok waiter was unattentive and disinterested ambience below average. Place needs some TLC. Paint chipping updating the interior may help. Disappointed that a tv personality who comes acrossed as passionate and detailed with food preparation is not being reflected in his restaurant.
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2012The food was amazing and came out in a timely manner. The waitstaff was attentive, but we didn't feel rushed. Next time we visit NYC, we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A last minute decision toBonnieVIPDined on 8/11/2012A last minute decision to go to Centrico. I thought Restaurant Week was over, but they were offering the RW menu and we took advantage of it for the second time. I had to order the shrimp appetizer and short rib entree again because they are so good. The pound cake is too sweet. Great drinks: if you like spicey, try the jalo-pina. The server was good, but then she was too good. Asking once or twice is everything is okay is fine; asking six times is unnecessary. Rather empty for a Saturday night; is there a problem?
- Everything about this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. Staff was very attentive and the food was absolutely delicious. I will most definitely be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- nice alternative mexican restaurantpasta1pastaDined on 8/10/2012nice alternative mexican restaurant that is not trendingSpecial Features:
- Tasty Food, Fun AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2012Celebrated my husband's birthday here with a group of friends and had a great time!! The food was delicious (esp. the fundido, pork belly, and soft shell crab tacos) and the drinks were strong and tasty. Would definitely come back here.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week favoriteLuvnewyorkdiningDined on 8/4/2012Excellent meal. I was there for restaurant week & was not disappointed. The choices were varied & the waiters recommendation was perfect. All three courses were fabulous.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantTinaCrownHeightsDined on 8/3/2012One of our favorite restaurant week experiences, thank you! the tortilla and pico de gallo to start was a nice touch, too.Special Features:
- Great Dinner in TriBecAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012We found this restaurant through Fodor's app for iPhone. I am a huge fan of Aaron Sanchez, and was thrilled to eat at his restaurant. The waitstaff was attentive, and the food was fabulous! Margaritas were refreshing, and can't wait to visit again. I just wish I lived closer......it's quite a trip from central Illinois.Special Features:
- First Time In the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012We were in from out-of-town (in fact, our first trip to New York City). We were fortunate to be in the city during NYC Restaurant Week. The food was great, the service was wonderful and we enjoyed the opportunity to experience a little of the Aaron Sanchez driven menu. Don't know when we might return, but we will definitely come back to Centrico.Special Features:
- The food was really good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012The food was really good but the service was pretty bad.Special Features:
- Centrico is the Chopped Champion :)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2012I decided to visit this restaurant because I am a food network funky and knew that Aaron Sanchez owned this place. Even though I never saw him, the food was nothing less than what I would expect from a Chef of Sanchez' caliber. I had the duck confit croquettes and the shrimp tacos. Both were fantastic. The Sangria was very good as well. I sat outside so I cannot say much about the interior of the restaurant expect that it was spacious. I would and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful as Expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2012My son, a friend and I visited Centrico during NYC Restaurant week. I was looking forward to visiting Centrico since Aaron Sanchez is the chef/owner. I was not disappointed. We each got something different off the menu so we could try them all. Though some were definitely better than others all were well prepared and tasted great. I especially liked the Camarones y Pozole and the Pollo a las brasas. My son and his friend who live in NYC plan to go back very soon as they loved the food and the atmosphere. I will definitely go back the next time I am in NYC!Special Features:
- It may have been because itJaviDined on 7/27/2012It may have been because it was restaurant week, but the food was all right - nothing amazing. Both my food and my date's was overly salty, and the bubbly server was too overbearing, checking on us before we even could pick up our forks. Guac was tasty, but nothing mind-blowing. Sauces were tasty for chicken, but nothing amazing. Possibly a good spot to meet for drinks, have guac, and enjoy the large windows, looking out into the bustling street.
- Different Kind of Mexican RestauranNot2happydinerVIPDined on 7/27/2012Server was very helpful, looking out for our dietary restrictions per menu choices. Also very helpful in telling us which subway to take us back to our hotel.Special Features:
- Centrico is ChevereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2012Had a great time food was great and staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Drinks Good...Food BadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Service was good, Appetizers were delish, main course left much to be desired. Food was bland/not seasoned.
- All the food was really flavorful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2012All the food was really flavorful. I got the shortrib. I just wish more of the fat was trimmed off. More than 1/2 the piece served was fat.Still amazing flavor. Hubby got the salmon which was also very good. Overall a great experience. Next time I'll order something differentSpecial Features:
- Came here for restaurant weekSherDined on 7/25/2012Came here for restaurant week . For starters, i ordered the camarones y pozole . Though the shrimp was very fresh, flavor was bland and the sauce watery..pozole was ok. Then had the grilled fish which was salmon that day. It was perfectly cooked ( medium) and flavors were better due to the capers and olives. Nothing special though.. Hard to mess up salmon as it is already good on its own if fresh and cooked right. The biggest disappointment was the dessert. Im a big fan of tres leches . But the cake i had was dry and the presentation was all over the place.. it was drizzled with tres leches and a raspberry like sauce which was too sweet .im a big fan of chef aaron sanchez but this was not the quality i expected from his restaurant.Special Features:
- My family enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012My family enjoyed the food and service we received at Centrico. It was culinary feast and I will be back.Special Features:
- You've been chopped!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012Honestly I was surprised the food was just ok. We enjoyed the appetizers but found the pork tacos very tough. The entrees were disappointing and we had high expectations because of it being Aarons place. I would recommend the spot for Sangria and the scallop app and the crab app but the ethnic food taste wasn't achieved and I noticed the smell of the place wasn't capturing Latin flare either. Extremely nice waiters and food is very reasonable. However I would have rather paid more for better quality. My friends said this restaurant has been chopped! :(Special Features:
- Came here for dinner for NYSandraRDined on 7/20/2012Came here for dinner for NY Resaurant Week. As a fan of Chef and owner Aaron Sanchez I was high on my list to try for the price since it its pricy. The shrip app was great but when I got except the short ribs --love - OMG. I still have dreams about the short ribs! Expensive drinks, but storng !! Cool atmosphere and decor and excellent service!Special Features:
- Honestly, I was not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Honestly, I was not impressed at all. I thought that it would be so much better being that the owner is a regular on the food channel - not to mention like me - latino. The pork was salty, sangria - so so and I've had better guacamole @ subway! The price for all this, a staggering $119.00 - for two people - without the tip!!! You won't get me again!
- Quick and flawless service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Quick and flawless service. However to noicy for us.Special Features:
- Great downtown mexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/19/2012I have met friends here several times for dinner. The food and drinks are always very good. And finally I met Aaron Sanchez at the restaurnat. He was warm and friendly with our girls night out group making it a special evening. If you are in Tribeca or the Financial District this is the best Mexican food to be found.Special Features:
- i'm not quite sure what weBonnieVIPDined on 7/18/2012i'm not quite sure what we expected, having heard mixed reviews, but our assessment is that Centrico is great. We took advantage of Restaurant Week and chose that menu: the shrimp appetizer was fabulous, the salmon/short ribs were very good, the desserts, flan and ice cream, fair. Still, the over-all experience was great, not to be missed, and we will return. The menu is innovative and to call this a "Mexican" restaurant is much too limiting, for the menu is truly creative.
- I went on a Monday so thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2012I went on a Monday so that could be why it was so quiet but I was only one of three tables of people. It felt a little uncomfortable but the food was delicious.Special Features:
- interesting option for outjrsymanoDined on 7/16/2012interesting option for out of the ordinary Mexican fare; innovativeSpecial Features:
- Chef Aaron Sanches did notjmemmaDined on 7/16/2012Chef Aaron Sanches did not dissapoint. The food was authentic Mexican and it tasted great. My only dissapointment was that I missed meeting the man himself by a few minutes. The service was excellent and I enjoyed listening to the music, which brought back a lot of memories of me growing up.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012The service was not that good. The bussers and host were very nice and welcoming but our waiter seemed to be in a bad mood and was short with us. The food was cooked well but way under seasoned. I got the braised short ribs, which fell of the bone, but needed salt badly. Which is surprising because I thought the restaurant was known for great flavor. We will not be coming to this restaurant again but It may have just been that they were having an off night. The best aspect of the night was the guacamole and chips.
- We ate at Centrico this pastOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2012We ate at Centrico this past Friday, June 29. The food for me was hit and miss. We admittedly did not order entirely with our server's suggestions which may have been a mistake. The short rib enchiladas, which our server did recommend, were excellent. As were the black beans and rice and the corn. We found some of the dishes underseasoned, especially the scallops and queso fundido. Overall, I might return, although it would not be my first choice of restaurants in New York.Special Features:
- Delicious, just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2012I've never taken the time to rate a restaurant before. Not that I hadn't ever been to a place worthy but as I was eating there both myself and my girlfriend agreed we should give it a great review. The food here is wonderful, everything was delicious and the service was top notch. The fundido with chorizo and potato served with the freshest corn tortillas was just incredible. Think of the best Quesidilla you've ever had and this will surely compete. I had the Chicken Mole, it was extraordinary and my girlfriend had the Short Ribs which were nothing short of amazing. Go to Centrico, it's Mexican influenced food interpreted by a master chef and it is perfect.Special Features: