129 Coosa St
Montgomery, AL 36104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.central129coosa.com/
- Phone: (334) 517-1155
- Hours of Operation:
BAR: 4:00pm-until Monday-Saturday
DINNER: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Monday-Thursday
5:30pm - 11:00pm Friday-Saturday
LUNCH: 11:00am - 2:00pm Monday-Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Maurelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several private dining options
from parties of 10 to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Meghan Martin 3345171121x
A word from Central
Central, located in the heart of Montgomery’s Downtown entertainment district, is a true American restaurant highlighting local and seasonal ingredients. This locally owned gem offers wood-fired dishes in an 1890’s warehouse space boasting exposed brick, flickering gas lanterns and a bustling open kitchen. In the main dining room, 16 foot ceilings, spectacular overhead lighting, a central bar comprised of reclaimed wood all overlook Montgomery’s downtown alley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Central - Best Restaurants in Montgomery ›
Central reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (90)good for groups (61)hot spot (49)romantic (48)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (37)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (12)great for brunch (9)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Good Food, Great Service!ReedDined on 11/15/2014Food was good but not what one would expect for the prices. Check was $178 for two people, which included a $54 bottle of wine (one of the less expensive ones). The steak was cooked as ordered, flavorful and good, but not as tender as it should have been and the sauce on the shrimp appetizer was a bit overpowering. The service (by Bethany) was friendly and helpful throughout four courses, and almost 3 1/2 hours. Great service! Very good overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irisirisDined on 11/14/2014Steak perfectly prepared. Portions fulfilling. Mojito excellent. Pumpkin cheesecake superb. Valet parking, tip only, convenient. Wait staff professional & pleasant. Online reservations easy. price ,money's worth? Definitely! I'll be back. ..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamieDined on 11/13/2014We love Central for special occasions! The food is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in MontgomeryeatitallDined on 11/10/2014Literally one of the best meals I have ever had. The chef is really incredible and combining flavors that make it impossible to stop eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJayGVIPDined on 11/10/2014Went the other night...... All was pretty god. Only problem is the food was way to salty! I had steak and fries and inthinknthey dipped the froes on a salt batter beforehand. Given the expected quality of the food, that was a disappointment! I have heard about this from my guests and other people, but really did not expect it!Special Features:
- Our FavoriteReelDuelDined on 11/7/2014I had the whole fresh catch which today was flounder. It is cooked perfect, fish falls off the bone, topped with a very tasty chimmichuri sauce and is my favorites. Another had the Pork Shoulder and Smoked Tomato Ragu, Hand-cut Pappardelle, Shaved Parmesan, Eggplant Caponata which was fabulous. Also ordered were the Hickory roasted duck quarters and this was so flavorful and tender. Lastly the roasted stuffed Acorn squash, stuffed with andouille sausage crawfish chowder with butter seared scallops. Amazing how tender the scallops were. We all shared a taste with each other seeing the plates were so plentiful. If you enjoy new experiences with food you owe it to yourself to visit Central very soon.Special Features:
- Great MeetingTdanielsDined on 11/6/2014This visit was a meeting to introduce a new vendor to our team. Central had earned my reccomendation from a date night few days prior. The food is excellent, (love the BBQ shrimp starter) service is impeccable (they are trained proffessionals unusual in this area) and the decor/atmosphere complements and fits both a dinner meeting and a romantic date night. I really enjoyed the array of starter options we had, relish board, BBQ shrimp, and the jowl bacon cornbread this ecclectic offering paired well with whatever the wine/cocktail choice. I had the salmon for entree and it was perfectly cooked the brussel sprouts side was delicious. Dessert was a bannas Foster bread pudding that really ranked best i've had. Prices were reasonable for the quality and the extra garlic requested for the hummus was no charge! Great experience my colleauges were impressed as was my date!Special Features:
- Second time was the charm!gorgarDined on 11/3/2014This was our second visit to Central, and it was amazing! Our first visit was fine, many months earlier . . . but this one was everything that we expected such a nice place to be on that first occasion! Food, service and atmosphere were excellent. It was a birthday dinner, and the hostesses and our server made us feel very special! Even got a fantastic dessert on the house! Great!Special Features:
- Great Experience All Around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Let me start by saying I have food allergies. Central has a gluten free menu. The service was great. My salmon was cooked to perfection and the sides were divine. This was my husbands first time to Central and we will be back. We don't come down town to often but we'll definitely be back, the atmosphere was so inviting. All around the best dining experience we've had in a long while.Special Features:
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I am really not that hard to please. We had great sevice but the food wasn't that great!!Special Features:
- Unusual twist on traditional menuDiningDined on 10/25/2014The chef at Central took a few traditional items and added just enough of a twist to make them his own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!chellewillisDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I took some friends from out of town to dinner at Central. We all have kids so we rarely get to go to fine dining. We had an excellent meal. The atmosphere is really nice. I had to duck. It was delicious. My companions tried the pork, salmon and steak. Everything was excellent! Hopefully, we will be able to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff!JohnBGDined on 10/24/2014Spent an anniversary weekend in Montgomery and the entire staff did an excellent job making the evening special. Food and service were both top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablefortwoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We have eaten at Central three times and the food has been excellent every time. Love the ambiance! Very good choice for a special date night.Special Features:
- A Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A great evening at a nice facility. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CopopDined on 10/18/2014Every time we dine at Central we find new and exciting offerings on the menu. It's so refreshing to go to this lovely restaurant that continues to change things up. Thanks for another great food experience.Special Features:
- Fit for a Kingautigers5252Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent dining experience with 3 other couples. We chose outside seating and the weather was spectacular. Recommend the Duck Quarters.Special Features:
- tlscanlonDined on 10/17/2014Exceptional! The food was unique in choices which is a refreshing change for Montgomery. And preparation was pleasingly quick as was the service. Hats off to the chef and assistants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!!LiviaDined on 10/14/2014This was a great place for a special dinner or occasion! Will Definately be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeMargDined on 10/6/2014It was just right, great food and celebrating 2 by birthdays. The wait staff very frIendYSpecial Features:
- I LOVE THIS ***** RESTAURANTHappypatronDined on 10/4/2014Best service, food, atmosphere, drinks anywhere in Montgomery, AL. Our server Jasmine was a gem, very prompt, very professional, and VERY ENERGETIC!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Are Better Than EverRedfishDaveDined on 9/29/2014I've dined at Central several times. And, while always good, my recent experience was outstanding. It seems they've raised the bar on service, customer experience and food. My wife is a fillet person. She said hers was the best she's had. My Rabbit was amazing. We like the new menu and are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- AwesomeRusty1099Dined on 9/27/2014Service and food above and beyond! Not left waiting all the time like at True the restaurant. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great late lunch destinationRPinALDined on 9/26/2014Once again, Central comes through for me in a pinch! After changing reservations 4 times within a two hour span, we finally got out of meetings long enough to make it for lunch at our favorite spot. First thing I will say, if you're looking for a good, quiet spot to enjoy lunch, the 1:00 to 1:15 time slot is a fantastic choice here! After the general hustle and bustle and vibrant activity of high lunch traffic time, the quietness of the restaurant afterwards with the scattered patrons that were there is a marked difference. We carried on a quiet conversation without worrying about being heard, and never heard another conversation to speak over. Food, as always, fantastic, 5 out of 5 stars. Enjoy Central, folks. We always do.Special Features:
- Salad/drinks a lil pricey...GumpReviewDined on 9/19/2014The main course was delicious. Ribeye steak and the duck are highly recommended. The Caesar salad is overpriced for a slab of lettuce with dressing. The croutons were like eating rocks...way too hard. Wife had beet salad and enjoyed it, but both were like 9 or 10 bucks which is too much for a side salad. Also, drinks are high as well. Margarita and glass of wine ( 4 sips) are 10 dollars as well. Overall nice experience but the Fall menu is not very exciting.Special Features:
- Great find in the heart of the citymeggypooDined on 9/18/2014The classiest place you can find downtown. Good mix of southern food and traditional Americana. Wait staff is very friendly. Food is soulful and portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice find on a business triptravelgirllibraDined on 9/17/2014Pimento cheese app was outstanding. Steaks cooked to perfection. Service was attentive and fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The food was very good and the place was very nice. I liked the mix of new and old in the architecture. We were seated right across from the cooking area and it was very hot and a bit uncomfortable but the experience was nice seeing the cooking activity. I would go back.Special Features:
- Consistently perfectNeilioDined on 9/13/2014I go to Central about once every couple months for dinner, and somewhat often for lunch. Each time it exceeds expectations (which are already high!). This past time I was with a group of 12 people and I got the gulf catch. My dish was at the table about ten minutes after everyone else got their food, which honestly wasn't a big deal at all as they told me immediately that it was taking longer than they expected and that they would have it out asap. After about five minutes I heard the Chef (who was directly behind us) state he was buying the fish because he didn't like the fact I waited at all. Who can complain about that? No one with taste. Every dish is amazing, the price is more than reasonable for the quality. I love Central!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central BirthdayEduardoDined on 9/12/2014My wife's birthday - specially noted when called for reservation - re confirmed when checked in - still waiting for something to occur - otherwise a very good meal - especially the whole roasted fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So ExperienceTeresa4JasonDined on 9/12/2014While the service was good, my companion ordered Ribeye and was brought New York strip. The manager approached us and apologized but only offered to adjust the price to the actual cut of meat served. Nothing extra was offered to make up for the wrong order. I asked our waiter about the ingredients in a salad and was not advised that the salad had beets on it. I hate beets! The dressing was too sweet as well. Overall a nice experience but when I go out for a $125.00 meal, I expect more.Special Features:
- The best lunchMalissaDined on 9/12/2014you're going to pay $10-12 for lunch at any decent place in town, so why not go and get a gourmet meal for the same price? Food is consistently good with great specials each day to mix it up.Special Features:
- Duck!autigers5252Dined on 9/5/2014On my most recent visit to Central, my wife and I had kid free night so we decided to take advantage and stay at the Renaissance. Walked across the street for our 7:00 reservation on a Friday night with only a 10 or 15 minute wait. The service was good and the food was outstanding. I ordered the Roasted Duck Quarters and was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative MenuJLDayDined on 9/5/2014Doing incredible things with local ingredients. Restaurant interior is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business or PleasureJMonday50Dined on 9/5/2014We had a great experience at Central for a business meeting/lunch. The food & service were great, but the atmosphere was fantastic. I hope to return here with my husband or family strictly to enjoy.Special Features:
- Good Montgomery Dining ExperiencebyumamaDined on 8/23/2014My wife & I stayed at the downtown Montgomery Hampton Inn; Central was within walking distance. I choose to dine at Central while reading an open table review where the diner stated "the beef wellington was best ever"; unfortunately we did not find wellington on the menu-> opting instead for shrimp & grits, wood grilled oysters, turkey wontons and beet salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale but affordable in the GumpGumptown2StepsDined on 8/22/2014Reserved a table for 8 for my wife's birthday dinner. The staff was really friendly and even helped keep my surprise for her a secret. We sat right in front of kitchen and watch them prepare our food. It was like being in Hell's Kitchen. Food was really good. This is a great place to take someone for a romantic date. You can walk out the back door and be in the Alley. We all had a great time and they enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night out!HPFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Great ambience and everyone in our group of six enjoyed their meals - especially the salmon. The drinks were killer too!! The waitstaff was attentive without being obnoxious. Anxiously awaiting my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out in MontgomeryluvcentraldiningDined on 8/15/2014Central is a great place. It has a big city feel, with small town charm. The food is excellent, great wine selection and great service. I enjoy taking friends there . Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky findalabamajpDined on 8/15/2014We were spending the weekend in Montgomery and saw Central mentioned in Alabama Living so we thought we'd try it. The Beef Wellington was equal to the best I'd ever had, and the heirloom tomato salad was outstanding, but my husband's pork tenderloin was a little tough. That's the only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars across the board.Special Features: