Central Wharf Company
160 Milk Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Central Wharf Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.centralwharfco.com/
- Phone: 6174519460
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kurt Vogel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music & weekend d.j's
A word from Central Wharf Company
Central Wharf Co is another great addition to the Boston restaurant scene by the Glynn Hospitality Group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Central Wharf Company - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Central Wharf Company reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fabulous mealAllissaDined on 8/10/2014I had a lovely early dinner here on a Sunday evening. Straight off a whale watch, my teenaged nieces and I were super hungry. We were seated right away, at a great table by an open window (the street is not at all noisy). Everything was really fast, but not rushed. We got our drinks quickly, and our appetizer and meals were not far behind. Our server was fabulous, the food was delicious, and there was a great variety. We had fish tacos and fish and chips and ribs (for my non-seafood niece) that fell off the bone. I would go back to Central Warf Company in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014I went with my boyfriend on a Sunday night for an early-ish dinner. We had a nice table near an open window and our waitress was super friendly and on top of things. We started with the mussels, which were very tasty. I then had the pear and walnut salad and my boyfriend had the black and bleu flatbread. We both enjoyed our meals. The ambiance was a little odd, though. The restaurant wasn't all that busy, so it was rather quiet and we could hear the conversations of the people next to us. I'll chalk that up to being 6:30 on a Sunday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot for Business LunchPaulVIPDined on 7/29/2014Enjoyable, Gastro-Pub level food, a range of options with intersting twist, a decent wine and beer selection. The open window table seating is a nice touch. They did a great job with renovations and site is a long way from it's former Jose McIntyres daysSpecial Features:
- First time eating here - good lunchBostonEaterDined on 7/3/2014I went to Central Wharf with six other co-workers for someone's last-day-at-work lunch. I got the "Pear & Walnut" salad for $10 which was very good. Other people's orders included crab cakes, pulled pork sandwich, pulled pork pizza, and caesar salad. Everyone seemed very happy with their meals. It is definitely on the pricey side for lunch, but the food was good and I like the way the restaurant is setup (much better than the restaurant that last inhabited the building - they changed a lot!).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014food was only OK. Cocktails were limited and not very good. Oysters were small.
- Open Table PointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014Although I loved the restaurant, the service and my meal, I was disappointed that I did not receive Open Table dining points for this reservation. I was told by the hostess there that she thought I would receive them, but for some reason I did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must see in BostonReviewsbyMoDined on 5/17/2014Great food, atmosphere and service. Will definitely go back. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love look; work on everything elseChristyNDined on 5/16/2014I was really excited to see what they did with the old Jose McIntyre's. The upstairs bar and seating is the place to be; open air with big windows, a nice nautical theme and sizable bar. Service started off strong, but then dropped way off once the whole party was present. It wasn't nearly at capacity. We also had a server swap which slowed down service. The appetizers were pretty good (I liked their version of a wings appetizer) but the entree salad of popcorn shrimp and kale was disappointing. Just clumps of pre-breaded, fried shrimp on a bed of raw, bagged kale. Despite the by-the-sea theme, they were also out of oysters. I'd stick to getting happy hour drinks and apps here to enjoy the ambiance, and move on for dinner.Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Central Wharf Company reviews archive.
- Great food and atmosphereChristinaDined on 4/25/2014I went to Central Wharf two times in one week, that's how much I liked it! Dimly lit which gives it a nice vibe, spacious, not overly crowded, and great food (try the seared tuna sandwich and the three beet salad... yum!).Special Features:
- Tasty food & lively atmosphereMarkDined on 3/19/2014The food is delicious and the menu offers a variety of options depending on what you're in the mood for. Atmosphere is lively and sometimes they have an awesome musician. Would definitely recommend to a friend, service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central wharfAnneBDined on 3/8/2014We picked this as part of our visit to Frost Bar. We walked in and were seated immediately - a little before our reservation. Waitress was attentive. The clams casino flatbread was delicious. As was the chicken dish I ordered. Within walking distance from Faneil Hall. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post- Jose MacsSH89VIPDined on 3/1/2014The manager and the waitstaff were nice enough, but it doesn't make up for the first three things we ordered off of the menu that they were out of (beer and raw bar). When you have 2 items on your raw bar menu, you should probably be in stock with both items. It's decorated very similarly to Granary Tavern next door. Nice decor, bad chicken sandwiches, and limited menu especially with out of stock items.
- good new placeBobibosVIPDined on 2/21/2014restaurant was nice - drinks were huge and tasty...menu looked great. Food was nice looking and portion sizes were good, but flavors were very bland. We had an 8pm reservation, got seated right away...food was prompt as was service - but the waitress sort of rushed us to pay since her shift was over, which was strange bc we weren't there for that long. Even in the restaurant part, don't sit anywhere near the door/windows...very drafty /cold. I would go back, given the location, drinks and menu options. I would give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TruthfulFoodieVIPDined on 2/20/2014We were seated in the back room and waited for 20 minutes before leaving. Not one server approached the table. Menu had food all over it. This survey makes you answer the food question or it will not process the review, so I had to make up that answer.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent food, friendly staff and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDiooooonDined on 2/14/2014Would never know this place used to be Jose macs. Place is completely different. We went for valentines day. Had a great night, great food, great wine, and awesome service. I got a surf and turf with steak and a lobster tail. Bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day EveningNathanDined on 2/14/2014Service was great. For the price the food was outstanding. Fixed price menu: 3 Courses for 2 for less than 100 dollars including a bottle of wine. Raw oysters were fresh. Had the surf and turf entree, the filet was perfect, the lobster tail was small and somewhat overcooked, sides were good. Dessert for two: "chocolate covered strawberries" was a big bowl of lemon sorbet with one strawberry, they must have been running low by that time in the evening but whatever, food was good enough overall to make up for it. Great little place, will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dayOutoftownerVIPDined on 2/14/2014They had a great deal but the food was just okay. Service and atmosphere were nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great building, nice staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/8/2014great building, nice staff, and outstanding food - the tuna nachos are a must!Special Features:
- So Good!CMCGDined on 2/1/2014I still cant get over how great the food was. We ordered a bunch of apps and first course options... unreal. For dinner, I ordered the Startler Chicken and expected it to be half full of bone it was so big... was certainly not. It was the tastiest, juiciest chicken I have ever had. Everyone else in our party really loved their food. It was a shame it wasn't busier. That place should be packed every night with the quality of food it produced. The bar was a bit slow with getting our server our drinks but, it has amazing potential. The beer selection was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.