23 South Euclid Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.centraltablestl.com/
- Phone: (314) 449-1600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6:00am - 2:00pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00am - 10:00pm,
Friday: 6:00am - 10:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Central Table
Central Table Food Hall is a first-of-its-kind culinary destination that offer's a diverse array of food options through exhibition-style food stations, food to-go, and seated dinner service at night. The menus feature ingredients sourced from the finest local, regional, and national purveyors, providing an approachable take on farm to table dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Table reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great for a larger group; spacious and airy.GoodforagroupDined on 11/13/2014Liked this restaurant for lunch with a large group of friends. I had the special chicken tacos and was very pleased. Butternut squash risotto was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You better order a lotAndyWVIPDined on 11/11/2014The octupus appetizer was very good, but frankly the main entree was so small that I ended up ordering a dessert just so I did not leave hungry. Given the prices, and I realize this is the Central West End, one whould expect a bit more on the plate.Special Features:
- Good location, disappointing foodworththedriveDined on 11/8/2014We were really looking forward to dining here with friends. We had an early dinner reservation so we did not experience the noise we had been warned about. I have to admit I was disappointed I the ravioli that I ordered - bland and too sweet. Brussel sprouts were excellent though. One perso ordered the risotto - again, nothing special. Maybe we ordered the wrong things. While our waiter was attentive in the beginning, we couldn't find him whenwe needed our check. I am ambivalent about returning there.Special Features:
- Bone MarrowbagladyjDined on 10/30/2014Okay - so, I wasn't too keen on the bone marrow, but, that was just me; my friend really liked it. All other fare were delicious and the wine (cab) and Jameson with ginger were tasty, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starting to lose its qualityChicagoFoodieDined on 8/30/2014We've come here several times, and this time found the service a little lacking, and some of the food overpriced. The pizza was great, but everything else just OK. The "home made raspberry and creme ice cream" didn't taste much different than raspberry sorbet. In fact, I would be shocked if it was ice cream. And $12 for four skinny pieces of tempura shrimp? Not worth it.Special Features:
- No longer my favoriteluv2brunchVIPDined on 8/30/2014Central Table used to be my favorite restaurant. The food was amazing and the service was excellent, I came here weekly. My most recent visit proved that the management is everything. My first visit since the general manager switch, I found the service was lacking and the food was terrible. I never would have thought it possible to burn sushi, but apparently the new sushi chef can do the impossible. While in most restaurants your water glass never even gets below half full, I could not even flag down a waiter to refill my glass here. Central Table needs a bit of an overhaul if they don't want to lose customers.Special Features:
- SusiekDined on 8/29/2014Interesting offerings Great experience! Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great, friendly service. Very good food. Nice portions and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experienceturtlechef12Dined on 8/16/2014My best friend and her boyfriend had a wonderful time having the most awesome gourmet pizza that the place had to offer. Along with our other friend who is not used to eating that kind of food. He loved it. This was my fifth time visiting and has not change but always exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- great food, great priceHannahBaileyE77Dined on 8/1/2014Everything about this place is astounding except for our less than stellar service. They didnt immediately welcome us when we came in and werent asked about our reservation, or they would have known about our graduation/birthday celebration. Our server was inattentive. We often waited for 10 minutes or more for our drinks to be refilled. He took a while to get back to us for desserts and even when everyone at our table requested change, he initially handed back two of our checks. I do believe it was just our server and not the basis for how great this restaurant is. Even with our sub par service we had an amazing night with great food! I wish I lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehNomossundermyfeetDined on 7/26/2014I have been here twice before and it was quite good. Less good the 2nd time. Decided to try it again. Not many people there. Kale salad was okay - leaves a bit too tough; not as tender as in the past. Had polenta and mushrooms for my main. Terrible. No salt in polenta, no parmesan or mascarpone; it was lumpy. Clearly chef did not know how to make polenta. Mushrooms were minced and there was no flavoring. No garlic, salt, anything. My son had the chicken entree and he liked it; it looked good. The waiter seemed unsure of himself. 3 stars b/c my son was happy with his meal.Special Features:
- The following 192 reviews are from the Central Table reviews archive.
- Don't bother.VisitingAndEatingDined on 7/22/2014Selected Central Table because of the interesting choices in the menu...and it would have been great if they could have pulled it off. One dish was bland while the next was so salty it hurt my mouth. Never said yum about anything we ordered. Sad.
- Not the best but very goodBABBSDined on 7/18/2014Try the sushi. It is very fresh. The flatbreads are good too. The caramel gelato was excellent. Some of the options could more summer seasonal. For example-why have pumpkin ravioli with sage brown butter sauce anytime besides fall?????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereEmmalooDined on 6/26/2014It was a little empty when I ate there but it was 6:30 on a Thursday so I'm chalking it up to that. The pizza was AMAZING. The service was awesome and whole feel and concept of the place is awesome. The smoothie bar, sushi, deli and breakfast options are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Slow service.FinedinningwasmythingDined on 6/20/2014I appreciate when a chef sends back an item that he feels could be better. I admire this. Our food was delicious, my scallops were amazing and the server was accommodated all of 7 of us. I have to say, as a previous server, table service/awareness and attentiveness is a priority. Our server wasn't "bad" but does need to stay near the table. I think the prices can be justified if the service can rise to the quality that the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- below averagefathersDayDined on 6/15/2014Brunch is overrated. Small portions high prices. Mimosas are ok, but doesn't make up for the entire experience. Great decor and ambiance but the food sucked.Special Features:
- Not There YetRobinDined on 6/11/2014We went for dinner and were under whelmed. Had 6:30 reservations but still had to wait even thought there were only 4 tables in the restaurant. Food was hit and miss. Bone Marrow had plenty of parmesan but no marrow. Pizza was uninspired. Lamb shank was very good on a bed of polenta. Ordered a side of polenta to "share". For $6 we got a small ramekin to "share" The value is just not there for any of their dishes. Lots of potential but not there yet.
- sA1983Dined on 6/10/2014My only wish is sushi is served each night. Would have loved to try it. The gelato was amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014It was very pricey for small portions. I just wish I had known that ahead of time. The food was very good thoughI would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMaxDVIPDined on 6/7/2014We went to grab sushi because we had read that the restaurant won a local award for best sushi. Perhaps it was an off night, but the sushi was not good. The rice on the rolls was dry. The sashimi did not seem very fresh. The featured dessert was a cobbler, and it seemed like a boxed food from the grocery. I have been there for lunch and had a great meal. I don't know what happened this time at dinner.
- WashUMDsWashUMDsDined on 5/30/2014We made reservations for 7pm on a Friday for 4 adults & two children. Much to my dismay, we were seated in a back corner between kitchen double doors & the noisy grill counter &a pole that made it tight for seating. The restaurant was not even 25% full. We could not appreciate window scenery or really move at the table because of the tight table placement. Our server was not very engaging. For the price of the menu and ambience of the restaurant, the complimentary bread was embarassingly tiny in proportion - 6 cubes of bread measuring 2 cm by 2 cm. The wine list lacked pricing variety. The dishes were over priced and scant in plating. We ordered 2 pizzas, meatballs, ceviche, and flank steak and one more entree that I cannot recall.
- favorite spotjtz789Dined on 5/21/2014I have visited central table multiple times and have never been disappointed. The bone marrow is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/15/2014Like this restaurant despite many complaint from friends about service. Now understand why- took 1 1/2 hours to get food- virtually ignored by wait staff- manager brought complimentary drink but no food. When we arrived and sat at bar waiting for another to arrive we were ignored.- totally. And the place was sparsely filled- on a Thursday night. Big international company running it who should know better.
- Poor Mgmt; Food greatNYerInSTLVIPDined on 5/14/2014Management Not On Par With Food Quality Unfortunately for Central Table, the unprofessional management deters customers from wanting to return even though the restaurant serves tasty, quality food. The management here is unprofessional, discourteous, and chaotic. The General Manager and Maître Ds are exceptionally rude. The gruff serves seem to be the only staff that stick it out at this place past a few months.Special Features:
- Mother's Day serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014Our food took 25 minutes to arrive and there was neither an apology or many people in the restaurant. This was a Mother's Day brunch.
- Great sushi and moreCharlieDined on 5/1/2014Went for dinner and was very happily surprised with menu and quality of food. Would deffinitely go eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedSassyDined on 4/26/2014We entered and 3 staff was just standing around and just stood there looking at us. We felt we were in some private spot finally one finally said welcome Service was ok servor drove us nuts. He needs training Dessert menu lacking. Food was okay but not great as so many of our excellent restaurants
- a modern food courtEVOODined on 4/20/2014Yes it is just a food court but looks nicer. We went there for Easter brunch, food was average and service was sooooo bad. It all started when we told the hostess we did not want to be seated by the kitchen door, it took her about 10 minutes before she could find us another table and they were not even busy. The server was very difficult to find and was not very helpful with the menu. The bussers looked like they had no energy at all, slow moving and no personality. I was very disappointed and will not recommend this place nor come back
- Tasty, but cold and presumptiousDisappointedDined on 4/20/2014Everyone was very nice, but we went in with a misconception that caused us to be a little disappointed from the get go. We're used to "Easter Brunch" in St. Louis meaning something above and beyond the typical Sunday brunch menu, often a buffet. My wife saw the advertisement for Easter Brunch, but we were disappointed to find that it was their standard Sunday brunch menu. The wait staff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The food was tasty, but dishes that should have been hot were barely lukewarm. The pancakes in particular were too cold to melt the butter that the server or chef had put on them. The pancakes came with a lot of butter and jelly or jam, and a little syrup already on them, which pleased no one.
- Easter BrunchPurdue80Dined on 4/20/2014We recently enjoyed Sunday Brunch, but since it was Easter, we were expecting a buffet. Our service was a tad slow, but that was OK as we were enjoying our bottomless Mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central TableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Fun place for "new food", interesting dinners and desserts. Not great for brunch! Service fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing OutingLuv2eatDined on 4/20/2014Space is appealing with natural light and a clean open feel. We were the first seating for Sunday brunch happy not to be rushed through. The fresh oyster appetizer with 2 sauces was good, the cheese plate also serviceable although nothing exotic or exciting & miniscule portions. We waited 15" after our appetizers arrived and were eaten before being asked about our entree orders. 25" later entrees arrived. Blue cheese burgers/onion marmalade well prepared, the sushi rolls fresh. These items arrived 8 minutes before 2 egg entrees. Creamy polenta with a single poached egg, 3 cherry tomatoes and 5 pieces of wilted escarole with a grating of Parmesan. The dish was dramatically under seasoned and at $14 was not money well spent.
- Food excellent but service slowHirschwritesVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great Spanish octopus, magic mushroom maki roll, fungi pizza, pasta with citrus and crab meat. But kitchen was slow. Had bottle of house wine which was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Our server was clearly new and seemed to be struggling a bit. However I understand a group of 6 30 year old women can be difficult, when someone needs something almost every time he arrived at the table, mainly another drink. He did forget a drink order completely, and my entrée arrived about 10 minutes after everyone else was served. We still had a good time, and the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014This was probably the worst food and service we've had in a very long time.
- Unique concept with a varietyOutOfTownerVIPDined on 4/4/2014Unique concept with a variety of great food for every tatse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite best sushi, but very gooddougandmaryDined on 3/29/2014We went to Central Table as they were recently rated as best sushi in St Louis specifically to try the sushi. We found the sushi presentation to be top rate, beautifully done. However the fish was not flavorful, the rice was a bit undercooked and overall the texture seemed a bit off. It's true that finding really good sushi in the Midwest is a challenge and this continues to be true. Still Central Table is a top notch place---the fried calamari appetizer was the best I've had EVER. Great wine list. It's also a terrifc place for lunch. Can't wait to go back to try other dinner menu options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick serviceFoodieDined on 3/22/2014Quick service was appreciated as we were headed for the Fox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu doesn't accurately describeLindaDined on 3/21/2014Dinner Friday Night - first visit. We had several disappointments. The biggest one was needing to send food back because the menu didn't adequately describe the ingredients. Several ingredients were left off. The chicken pizza failed to list citrus but when it arrived it tasted like it was bathed in some citrus juice. When we brought it to our waiter's attention he did allow us to order something else but did nothing to make us feel good that in fact the menu was lacking. And by the way, don't order the bread pudding. The worst bread pudding I've ever had. Dry, hard and bad looking to boot. Do order the caramel gelato. Wonderful
- Nice, but not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2014Expansive menu for those with an adventurous palate. Odd pricing -while some items were very affordable, others were ridiculously overpriced.Special Features: