Central Park Restaurant
219 South Fair Oaks Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Central Park Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://centralparkrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (626) 449-4499
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 9:00pm; Friday: 7:30am - 10:00pm; Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00pm; Sunday: 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Central Park Restaurant
Central Park occupies a 100 year old flower warehouse. With exposed brick, high rafter ceilings and elegant decor, Central Park will make you feel right at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Central Park Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Central Park Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (25)romantic (19)great for brunch (15)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great service but ???BandJVIPDined on 11/20/2014Went there for Hamburger Thursday, We chose the Dagwood Burger, it was Dagwood only in name. The fixings and the bun were good, but the meat had no flavor no texture and no taste, just mush. Perhaps the meat was ground too fine. We have dined here several times and will return for the Prix Fixe menu, a good deal. But forget the burgers even though they are $9.95, they are not worth it. Service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food small drinksBandJVIPDined on 11/10/2014Very nice Prix Fixe menu. Scallops with garlic mashed potatoes and spinach were beautifully presented and perfectly cooked, comes with a salad and dessert = a great deal. Would order the dish again. Service was first rate, The martinis are served in glasses that are on the small side and are not filled. Bartender is either the waiter or the greeter, not an experienced bartender and the drinks show it. Our third visit and we will be back. Somehow after we received our Open Table confirmation Email, as we checked in to the restaurant they cancelled our reservation so when we arrived home we had been sent 2 cancellation notices. Had to call, morning manager said "the cancel button is next to the arrived button" ???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotVickyVIPDined on 11/3/2014We had two of the specials-one salad and one sandwich - and both were very good. Gazpacho was quite delicious Service was prompt so you can get in and out if needed at lunch timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner-Excellent ServiceAwayfromSMDined on 11/1/2014Visiting parents (85 years old) and sister wanted to go out to dinner before they headed back to Mission Viejo. Wanted to take them out where we didn't have to struggle to find a parking spot or walk too far and the food HAD TO BE GOOD. Central Park was perfect! My parents always split a meal and they ordered the special Risotto offered that evening. The chef split the dish into two bowls for them, so professional, and they both said it was delicious. I had the Chicken Piccata, and it was excellent also. We shared a good bottle of Pinot Noir wine and I sent them on their way, happy and thanking me for picking the perfect restaurant.Special Features:
- I don't think we'll go againOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014But maybe others would feel differently. We ate a risotto and chicken dish and found them to be okay, not great. I'd rather eat at the Raymond if I was in Pasadena. The waitstaff was attentive, polite, and it seemed as though there were many regulars dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a groupFranandBenVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a party of 10 and our table was ready upon arrival - no waiting. Service was exceptional and everyone loved their entree of choice. Drinks and dessert were also very good. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Fun Evening but NoisyEnsenadaAlDined on 10/17/2014We met with friends after an art show for dinner. The food was good, the service was better and the wine list was limited but fairly priced. Unfortunately there were two large groups in the main dining room and one fellow obviously had too much to drink and was loud and obnoxious the entire evening. Spoiled it for me.Special Features:
- Wonderful fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014We were a party of 5. The Sand Dabs are great, Salmon super tasty and the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemGlenKDined on 10/14/2014First time here and not disappointed! Great ambiance, good food and awesome service by a friendly, professional staff. Perfect for Pasadena as a neighborhood gem! It's perfect for special occassions and I know that I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great surpriseBandJVIPDined on 10/13/2014Nice bistro atmosphere, convenient parking lot, very accommodating service, no problem substituting sides. The bread basket crostinies were great , perfect with the gazpacho. My gazpacho was one of the best, nice dark red liquid with body and veggies with various textures NOT put in the blender thank goodness. Salmon Provencal = a large portion perfectly cooked and Potatoes au Gratin just right. Turkey Brie sandwich with Parmesan fries = she said that she would order again. Free corkage on Wednesdays, Martini Mondays. Only negative was a tall skinny kid employee in a white shirt, standing around looking lost and jive jumping around the restaurant, an unnecessary distraction.Special Features:
- Always a nice experience!pasadenasbDined on 10/11/2014We've been here for breakfast (weekend), lunch, and dinner on numerous occasions, and it's always a lovely dining experience!
- awesome findLove2BBQDined on 10/10/2014I was browsing a place for my birthday and stumbled upon this restaurant in open table. After reading the excellent reviews I wanted to give it a try. Needless to say all my friends were happy with the choice. Food and service was great and definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Competitive PricesTerryHDined on 10/9/2014Having been to this restaurant, I recommended it to a very dear friend for a thank you lunch. We were seated at a corner table. The server advised us that a large group was about to order in the back of the restaurant. We knew what we wanted and ordered immediately thus avoiding any possible delays. This is exactly the type of service that we were looking for. The food arrived promptly and we enjoyed our visit. The only problem with this restaurant is the parking. There are very few spaces in their parking lot. There is only metered service. I suggest offering patrons 4 quarters as they enter the restaurant to pay for the metered parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJ32Dined on 10/8/2014I took a new client to lunch here and she was very impressed with the food. The food does not fail - always delicious and perfectly cooked all the times I have eaten here. Service is great and prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- fantastic!NavySealWife2BDined on 10/4/2014We found parking no problem. We were seated in the back corner by a big view window. Our waiter was Brett & when we told him it was our first time there & it was our 1yr engagement anniversary, Brett was more than happy to point out the favorites on the menu and the wine list. The white zin was yummy! The bread they give you while you wait for your food is a mix of strips of garlic bread, made for dipping in the shredded beef/olive oil on a plate they give you instead of butter, & slices of a crunchy bread with cheddar cheese on top. It tasted like a Dorrito chip to me. I had the Chicken Picatta, which melted in mouth! For dessert we had the Florida key lime pie & the triple layer carrot cake...OMG GOOD!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justARegularJoeDined on 10/1/2014Very clean comfortable dinning experience. Very well rounded menu selection; Sand Dabs; Ossso Buco; braised Beef Short Rib to name a few. There is a limited, but good reasonably priced wine selection. I have see the same wine else where for more. All the staff are pleasant and the service was great. The place is on the small size which is nice if you don't care for a lot of back ground noise.Special Features:
- Lucky us...YPCPLuckyUsDined on 9/28/2014After a bad experience with reservations and special requests for our 46th Wedding Anniversary at another restaurant, I was lucky to pick Central Park out of the Yellow Pages. I was directed to the website and was impressed. The proof, however, came in our first experience. There were 6 of us, all impressed with the old time Hollywood feel of the surroundings. The starters were excellent, the bread divine, and the wine was impressive. Each of the 6 of our party ordered different entrees. Each entree was a work of art, each was excellent in portion, seasoning, and the utmost taste. Beef was tender, chicken tasty, pork chop was heavenly, vegetables bright and cooked just right. All in the party expressed a desire to return to CP!Special Features:
- MonicaVIPDined on 9/25/2014When our group of 8 arrived at a nearby restaurant to have lunch outdoors we found it closed for a special occasion so I quickly walked to Central Park to inquire if they could handle our party. They were friendly, accommodating, and set up a table for us immediately. Several of us ordered the crab tower salad which was a big hit.Special Features:
- We'll be back!LadiesWhoDineDined on 9/23/2014It was busy for a Tuesday night, and they ran out of menus. But the wait staff was very apologetic about it and made every effort to assist us. We were seven ladies, and they put our orders all on separate checks. Salad portions were large; we could have split one. Several of us had not been there before and were very impressed with the food and service.Special Features:
- Charming outside Old TownBlackLabelVIPDined on 9/19/2014I've passed by this spot a thousand times on the way to and from work -- how did I not stop there sooner? The interior is charming (large enough for groups, but small enough that it feels intimate), and the food was delicious (I put together a dinner made of side dishes, using the creamy polenta, mushrooms, and asparagus, all perfect). While the service was a little off point -- for example, we were all provided spoons and knives at the start of dinner, but had to track down staff at the front to get forks…and the opposite occurred during our after-meal espressos), these glitches by no means ruined the experience. Staff was over all polite. Will be excited to visit again!Special Features:
- A night outAquicknightoutDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I planned a quick dinner out. We found out about Central Park and thought we'd give it a try. Everything was perfect. We got a small table for two next to a window. The service was quick and very polite. Prices were very reasonable and the food was outstanding. We were running late due to heavy traffic on a Friday night and they held our table until we arrived. We will certainly be going back. RDSpecial Features:
- superb dishes & superior serviceScenicViewDined on 9/12/2014my first visit to Central Park Restaurant began with an open table reservation and special request. I was greeted by name the next morn I fun and special request was exceeded. I simply asked for the best seat in the house on my first visit. I was given 2 choices and both marked "Reserved". Nice touch. Thank you. The ambiance was light and converstional. The room was aesthetically pleasing and I appreciated the red brickwork walla accented by the solid wooden support beams on the ceiling. The menu offered an assortment of dishes we chose the waffle special with eggs. Great presentation and magnificent taste. The 2nd selection was Moulin Rouge French Toast! Yunny!!! Definitely coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014Very good food for a good price. Pleasant atmosphere with good service. Turns out Mondays are "Martini Mondays" with all martinis costing $5!Special Features:
- GEART MEALteachermom1954VIPDined on 9/6/2014This was a really good place to eat. Food was reasonable and very good. Our server took very good care of us.Special Features:
- New Favorite RestaurantKimberlyFerneDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I went here on a date and fell in love with the restaurant. We had the BEST service and food that tasted incredible. It was quiet and the perfect spot for a romantic evening out. We definitely will be back again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- central parkckingDined on 8/19/2014we liked our dinner and they had a special summer seafood menu at a special price we took advantage of. the scallops were amazing and the service was outstanding. we really liked our waiter and we wanted for nothing. they were on top of everything, even when we went thru so many spoons, which i don't know why we did, but they had us covered . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central ParkJohnDined on 8/10/2014Very pleasant experience, good service, varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnermartinisDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed the restaurant mainly because it was not noisy. There were no televisions near by. The food was very good. Our waiter was very friendly which made our visit enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food & great service!LizardsNSpidersDined on 8/4/2014Our first trip to CPR was great all around. Their menu was nicely varied and for the quality of food received priced reasonably. Our waiter was attentive and we couldn't have asked for a better dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteVIPDined on 8/1/2014Everything was good except OpenTable did not give me the 100 points I earned and has not responded to my questions about this. I booked from the OpenTable site and was there on time.Special Features:
- Pleasant and charmingLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 7/25/2014Casual, friendly and handsomely furnished cafe with an eclectic, but primarily American menu. Pork Chops were great, if a bit dry, pasta was perfect. Nice, neighborhood establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Central Park Restaurant reviews archive.
- GeraldDined on 7/20/2014I asked for a specific table and when we got there the maître d' told me that they had forgot to save the table for me. The service was spoty; and there were not that many customers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014I dine here often, always submit a five-star review. Please don't ask me again.
- EXCEPTIONAL!FoodieDined on 7/12/2014My only review/advice for this restaurant is to keep doing what you're doing...Perfect food, perfect service and all staff including the attention from the manager was charming to say the least. 100% our go to restaurant in Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful surpriseFoodDudeVIPDined on 6/29/2014Low key, informal, quiet and welcoming, our first trip to this under-the-radar spot will not be the last. A varied menu ranging from comfort food to more challenging fare comes out well presented and properly prepared. A short but nicely chosen wine list adds to the value. A "patio" space, which is indoors but overlooks a parking lot oddly adds to the comforting, homey feel. Pleasant and capable staff do their job with no fanfare but reliable skill. I feel a need to try other items already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Very pleasant evening with friendly wait and management staff. Management stopped by several times to make sure that everything was to our liking. The food was very good and presented very nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasualjakeDined on 6/28/2014The type of place one goes to when not needing a grand dining experience nor a diner experience. We need more bistro place like this, with a terrific menu with lots of choice. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLakersgirlDined on 6/27/2014Central Park had fabulous bread and food was great! The atmosphere was very nice. I would definitely return here.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2014We had a birthday for our son and his 2 children on Tuesday. We live in Burbank but thought CP would be a great venue. Our son and his kids had not been there previously. They all loved it. The food, service and everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJ32Dined on 6/13/2014Have eaten at Central Park many times, brunches and dinners. Always GREAT food, servers are very pleasant and very attentive for a neighborhood eatery. I really like the Chicken Piccata dinner and they have very good gourmet taco specials from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.