Central Park - New Jersey
2401 Wood Avenue
Roselle, NJ 07203Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Central Park - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://centralparknj.com/
- Phone: 9082418386
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael A. Zagarella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering info please call Adam 908-241-8386 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Social Dining Room: Seating up to 60 guests with standing room of 75 guests.
Regency Event Room: Seating up to 175 guests with standing room of 350 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Weis 9082418386
- Special Events:
Enjoy Mondays featuring our 1/2 Off Enjoy menu and 1/2 Drink Specials
Wine Down Tuesdays 1/2 All Bottles of Wine featuring Live Acoustic Music
- Cold Draft Beer Specials Daily
- Happy Hour, Mon - Sun. 4-8pm bar side only
A word from Central Park - New Jersey
New American cuisine has been redefined with an exciting way to combine and enhance flavor profiles within a bar-lounge atmosphere. With Small Plate, New American, and extensive Sushi menus, an inviting Sports Bar with over 50 HD TV's, and an upscale & creative Martini Bar to attract any palate type; Central Park offers it all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Park - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Very EnergeticNYprofessionaleaterVIPDined on 9/8/2014Bar food was good sushi not so much very loud not for my crowd.Special Features:
- World Cup USA FinaleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2014It was crazy loud as expected but the vibe was nice; our hostess was attentive even when our waitress forgot us (not unusual in this occasion), I wish I remembered her name - but very friendly. We definitely have to visit on a normal day, but before that we'll go again for a World Cup match. The bar party is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnchoODined on 6/28/2014The atmosphere for the world cup games was awesome, starting for the hostess, including the waitress, were very attentive and the service was very good. The food arrived quickly, considering that the place was full.Special Features:
- Awful serviceSoccergrlVIPDined on 6/22/2014My 2nd time here. I made reservations to watch the soccer game for 5:45. We arrived at 5:30 and we sat almost immediately. Then I had to ask a waitress to find out who our waitress was because she never came over. Our waitress didn't show up until 6pm and after we ordered beers for the table she came back to the table to take food order without the beer. We got our first beers at 6:15. About 45 min after we arrived. Could've been drinking from start of game. Then some guys started with a vuvuzela in the middle of the bar. Now, I understand it was a sporting event and it was busy. But that shouldn't affect service and the place was too small to allow whatever that noise was. It was really annoying not being able to hear the game.Special Features:
- Yummy 😋VeeLuvDined on 6/15/2014Food and Sangria are delicious especially my two favorites- Punk Rock Shrimp and the Strawberry Dessert Roll!!! Father's Day was a success with daddy's meal free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good. Enjoyed watching a sporting event. Service was terrible. We could never find the waitress. Drinks took more than 15 min to be refilled. There were errors in our bill.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Central Park - New Jersey reviews archive.
- Mother's DayAlysonVIPDined on 5/11/2014We attended the Mother's Day brunch. They had a nice selection on the buffet, although many of the items were cold. The price was right!
- Great food, annoying crowd.VeryVixenDined on 4/5/2014Thought we'd go a little late to catch the end of the dinner rush and the beginning of the party crowd. Once we finished eating we booked it, the crowd was obnoxious. But the food! SUPERB!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Flowers2345Dined on 3/21/2014Food was awesome, service was great, our table had everything from chicken fingers to sushi and everyone was happy! Great bar scene too, we spent the evening after dinner at mister east next door dancing the night away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE.JOJODined on 3/18/2014GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE. NEVER A WAIT TIME ESPECIALLY IF YOU MAKE RESERVATONS. LOCATION IS CONVIENENT. THEY HAVE NICE EVENTS FOR KIDS ON HOLIDAYS. AND WEEKENDS AT NIGHT IS A GREAT PLACE TO DRINK, EAT AND CHILL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports bar like restaurantFeedURbodyrightVIPDined on 3/7/2014Food was okay and server was very attentive and helpful at making recommendations. Ambience is more of a sports bar with televisions everywhere. Lunch selections were limited however.Special Features:
- Extremely deceiving website/photosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014From the website, you'd think you are going to a trendy nyc type lounge. We went there on Valentine's Day and were deeply disappointed to see that this is nothing but a sports bar...giant screen tvs everywhere. It's great if you are looking to come see a sporting event at the bar, otherwise the ambience is terrible. Bathrooms were unkempt and stank. Would never go here again.
- Valentine's NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014First time here and we had an awesome dinner on Valentine's night. There was a price fixed menu but it had plenty of choices. All the food was excellent, high quality and the price was very fair. To add ambience there was a violin player walking around and I received a fresh red rose. There were also rose petals on the table. On a regular night the restaurant appears to be like a sports bar and I believe late night there is a club attached which looks like it draws a young crowd. I would like to go back and try their brunch and also for a regular dinner or their bar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!pat70Dined on 2/2/2014Great food, drinks and so much fun on Super Bowl night! very friendly staff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football SundayMrsWoods122014VIPDined on 12/8/2013I've been to this bar before, however this was the first time on a Sunday to watch football with friends. The food was great, the bar was energetic and the service was on cue. Everyone had a good time even my mom who stopped by for an hour. I will definitely come back to watch any sport or just hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast I love this place,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013Had a blast I love this place, energetic food was great. Drinks a little pricey though...... entertained a friend from out of town and he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Electric Cork Screw NeededOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013The food and ambiance was great, but the waitress needed an electric cork screw. It took some time to obtain the wine list, and I had to assist her with opening the bottle...she had no idea how to use the cork screw. But we loved the place the food was great, and the rest of the service was good. The drink prices were pricey...Central Park, NY pricey! But overall great experience, and I'll be a regular! Thanks, Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoTo SpotLocalDined on 9/14/2013I almost Dont want to leave a good review because Iike this place so much I don't want any more people to know about it ! It's my " main event spot". Name any event and these guys can take the crowd volume and craziness. Room packed but i still was served as a if it was a regular night (with smiles good attitudes by the way, which is something I deeply apreciate).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Food 4 the Hungry in RoselleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2013Went on a Monday night for 1/2 price specials and enjoyed the calamari and shrimp app, an entree salad and a drink from the bar. All around, good eats. Service was fine. And it's ADA/wheelchair accessible, too.Special Features:
- Sports bar with pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013Sports bar with pretty good bar food. The pizza was very good. Also had sushi rolls which was okay. The table service was good except for the drink orders. Had to wait for drinks after food arrived. Ordered a Sake flight which is meant to be enjoyed with the sushi. Waited 10 minutes after the sushi arrived. Same with beer and pizza. It was a friday night so the noise level was too much since there is also a nightclub there. I would return during the day to try again.Special Features:
- nice find in a culinary desertOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013Well, CP is a hot spot in Linden area because we practically has nothing in our area when it comes to decent dinning options unless you venture out to Westfield, Cranford, or the city. With that being said, we found CP to be nice option consider it's within walking distance to where we live. Gf and I are early dinners so their 2 entrees and a desert for $24.95 is a steal for us. However, there is room for improvement on the quality of their entrees. F grade for the Shrimp scampi(buttery,lacks depth in flavor, noodles were overcooked & became starchy ), C+ on the Pistachio Encrusted Tilapia(bland), & A- on the Sirloin Slides. We had excellent service that night thanks to our friendly waitress.Special Features:
- The food was great and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013The food was great and they give you way too much. I will go to eat there on another day or an earlier time. They were preparing for the club crowd and it was quite busy and noisy. Other then that I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent sushi choices, meatlessJoeWVIPDined on 3/15/2013Excellent sushi choices, meatless Friday menu was also a plus! Interesting combo of sushi, typical bar food and different sporting events on each TV make this a wonderful choice for long Friday and Saturday evenings with friends...Special Features:
- Sweet Tooth LoversBruceDined on 2/17/2013We went for a late Valentines day dinner my wife and I, and were very impressed from our waiter down to the food..everything was great..highly recommend!! We got there during Brunch hours at around 11:30 and found they had a great menu selection. We just tried out the burger with fries being it was our first time there (even though it is 5 min away from home). Plus we had the California rolls which were pretty good,but what really called our attention was the desert..not sure of the name right now but it was cooked bananas in soy paper, I mean it blew us away..try it is awesome if you have a sweet tooth for deserts, they had a couple more to try out so no doubt my wife and I will next time..No regrets!!Special Features:
- Very loud ...more of a night clubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Central Park offers more of nightlife bar scene . The food there was great but for a romantic setting not so much ...it is very very loud and the dinner tables are set up right next to the bars . It's not a romantic place ..but is a great place to party and drink ...it has a very nightclub feel to it ..the service and waitress and staff were all very friendly and attentive ...just very loud and I don't blame mgmnt for that ...perhaps if they can set the tables up away from the bar area my experience would of been better .Special Features:
- disappointed!!MLopezVIPDined on 8/27/2012i used to visit this place every monday, on this particular day, the service was extremely slow, and the waitress had little to no knowledge of the menu. my guests and i were a group of 7, and requested separate checks, and she said that it would be easier for her if this were not to be done. our drinks took approximately 10-15 minutes to come from the bar, and my jack on the rocks was subsequently watered down. we immediately placed our order which came out on each others plates making it difficult for everyone to know what we were eating, worst of all gratuity was placed on the check, which said 'parties of 8 or more'...I will go back but only by myself so its easier for themSpecial Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012All the food we ordered was great and the price was incredible for 6 peopleSpecial Features:
- The best service ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/14/2012The only complaint I have is I had to share the best barmaid in NJ with the other customers. Her service was personable and friendly.Special Features:
- The 50% off menu was an attractiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2012The 50% off menu was an attractive feature. Unfortunately, the menu is somewhat limited for that offer. Luckily, there was a dish that suited both of us, and they were very tasty.Special Features:
- Great place to go to and watchMrsWoods122014VIPDined on 6/9/2012Great place to go to and watch a sporting event that is being televised.
- Staff is always friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012Staff is always friendly, service is a little slow during busy times but overall a great place to catch a game, hang out with friends and unwind.Special Features:
- Will definitely return. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Will definitely return. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Extremely loud on a mondayMLopezVIPDined on 3/26/2012Extremely loud on a monday night with a speaker in my ear...and gratuity on a check with less than 8 people when clearly states on the receipt 'gratuity will be added to parties of 8 or more'. i work for tips as a living, specifically as a server, and i always leave the minimum 20%, if the server makes an attempt to make my guests and i happy, then she will receive considerably more.
- A-MLopezVIPDined on 3/12/2012We were there for Monday's half price menu, and the sushi was outstanding, specifically the surf n turf roll and the out and about roll. Our entire group of four was extremely satisfied with the freshness and quality of preparedness as well as presentation of dishes. Will definitely be back next Monday. The only thing I can see that needed immediate attention was the weakness of their drinks. Other than that service can also improve being that it wasn't that busy.Special Features: