Central Park BoatHouse
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Central Park BoatHouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecentralparkboathouse.com/
- Phone: 2125172233
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:30am - 4:00pm Walk-In Only; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm- 4:00pm Reservations Recommended; Dinner (Seasonal Mid April-Last Week in October): Saturday & Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm Reservations Recommended. Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (Seasonal Mid April-Last Week in October) Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fred Mero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge
- Public Transit: Stops 6 Train Lexington Avenue Hunter College 68th Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Weekdays from 3pm to 7pm when vehicles are permitted in the park, you can use our parking lot. At all other times, we recommend using the Metropolitan Museum garage at 80th Street and Fifth Avenue and taking the free Boathouse Trolley to and from the restaurant. The garage is open 24 hours.
A word from Central Park BoatHouse
With their 1858 landscaping plan under construction, Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux began adding architectural features to their Park design. Around 1874, Vaux designed a two-story boathouse at the eastern end of the Lake. Here visitors could purchase refreshments, take boat rides, and watch other boats. After this wooden Victorian structure with sloping mansard roof burned down, the current Loeb Boathouse took its place in the 1950s. Today at the New York Boathouse visitors can enjoy a meal in any season, with overhead heating helping to extend as long as possible the pleasure of dining on the deck overlooking the Lake. Come visit a New York legend!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Central Park BoatHouse - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Central Park BoatHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
561 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (464)great for outdoor dining (360)special occasion (336)romantic (314)great for lunch (269)great for brunch (170)fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (97)hot spot (94)good for groups (72)notable wine list (57)kid-friendly (52)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (26)Show More
- Perfect spot in NYC!!!MaryVIPDined on 10/17/2014Had a wonderful lunch...was not rushed, the food and the view of the water made us feel like we were in a movie. The whole place was a 10!!Special Features:
- Love this placepvnycDined on 10/17/2014We go here every other months for lunch. We love this place, beautiful view, quiet and special, because they the only one in central park.Special Features:
- Captures NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Want to get a great feel for CentrAl Park? Don't miss a weekend brunch at the Boat House. Been here before and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The awesomeness stops at the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Rude staff. Got my menu chucked at me Unhelpful hostess. Was lied to about having a booked house and how only parties of 3-4 can be seated at the waterside. Then 2 other couples were seated at the waterside (we were celebrating our wedding, all the way from Australia too) Food wasn't too bad even though the advertised pork tenderloin is actually pork fillets (wrong cut for the style of cooking which made it very tough and hard to eat). Canned apple sauce with it. Wrong entree delivered. On top of it all, we weren't allowed to choose our tip, they precalculated that all in for you. Convenient Dessert was overly sweet and not a good variety. Kinda killed a good day for us and bought the mood downSpecial Features:
- Problems getting a good tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014The Maître d' insisted on siting us towards they back although there were several tables right next to the lake were the view is best. They claimed that those tables were for 3 or more gusts but there were a few of those tables with only to people. When they saw I was then going to leave, the agreed to sit me on the table next to the handrail (were I wanted to sit).Special Features:
- Perfect dining spotLyndaDined on 10/14/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. The location is amazing, but the food and service were also terrific. We were not rushed, enjoyed the evening and had a variety of dishes. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014It was our daughter's birthday and the Boathouse was very special. Even the misty rain added some drama.Special Features:
- An oasis in the parkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We had the opportunity to have a late lunch at the Boathouse and it was a beautiful setting. The food was wonderful, though there were a lot of different servers during the meal, the service was good.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere in Central Parkgr8placeDined on 10/13/2014Located right in the heart of Central Park. Dining experience and service very good. Great place to have lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hi-lightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This was the first time family joined us in NY from Italy and we were anxious to leave them with some off beat memories. The water front table was great, the racoon and floodlit fish a delight and the food as to be expected from a good reputation. Not as elegant or pretentious as the T on the Green in its hay-day and a pity that the taxis didn't appear to know where the place was. Hardly the fault of the restaurant which is to be applauded. Staff were uncharacteristically polite, efficient and "charming"... Great wine and suitably attentive waiter. Pity about the desert menu which we thought somewhat bland... the cookies went down well.Special Features:
- Lunch on a FridayNCUSADined on 10/10/2014Superb view, Superb service, Superb food...was a great first stop in NYC...Special Features:
- service good, food OK,rononeDined on 10/9/2014The service was good, the food OK, lamb a bit fatty, crab blob good, beef OK, vegetables not great, desserts nice. Wine list OK, bit over priced. Need better outdoor / lake lighting for night diningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014A place to visit as a tourist first time in NYC. Great location, good food, but maybe somewhat noisy and windySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaPiDined on 10/7/2014Whenever in NY, my husband and I make sure we have enough time to go this great restaurant, even for a quick meal. Food is delicious, view is spectacular with a great ambiance. Late-nigh dinner is a wonderful option and having the shuttle to take you to 5th Avenue is perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic VenueScotgoatsDined on 10/7/2014Setting lovely, service great, food fabby. The Restaurant was really busy but we still had a lovely relaxing lunch as the waiters did not hurry us along, they left the appropriate time between courses and topping up drinks.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!UzmaDined on 10/7/2014Scenic, peaceful and romantic venue in the heart of a vibrant city.Special Features:
- Great locationfranzipanDined on 10/6/2014I booked ahead and we had a great table looking out over the water, the service was excellent, despite how busy the restaurant was . It was our second visit and we felt the food was better last time, although it could have been the choice we made: monkfish - cooked to perfection but the accompanying couscous was pretty dull and the grapefruit with it didn't go at all. The blueberry and plum crisp for desert was delicious and the wine list has plenty of great wines to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable Lunchtakeme2dinnerDined on 10/6/2014Central park Boathouse was the perfect choice for a recent birthday celebration lunch. We had a table next to the window overlooking the lake as requested. The food was delicious and the service efficient and friendly. Highly recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch.LovegoodfoodDined on 10/5/2014The boathouse is a beautiful spot to enjoy a romantic dinner or an evening out with special friends. Everything we ordered was delicious and presented beautifully. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDined on 10/5/2014We both had a lovely evening. It was a bit noisy. The food was good and the staff very friendly, scenically it was superb, we enjoyed a lovely 46th anniversary dinner which was very special. The courtesy bus was terrific,Special Features:
- Disappointing After DarknadiaVIPDined on 10/3/2014People who make reservations for after 7:00 p.m. should be warned that the park drive closes at 7:00 so people must wait on one of three corners of 5th Ave. for up to 15 or 20 minutes for a shuttle to take them to the restaurant door. The shuttle radio blasted rock music and featured a basket asking for TIPS. Another basket for tips in bathroom, though no attendant present and bathroom needed attention. Lights on shuttle were too dim and the lights in the dining room too bright so one can't see the view because of the reflection in windows. The food was okay but nothing special and not worth the price. Music was often too loud and unappealing in the restaurant. May be better at lunch, but I won't be going back to find out.
- Lovely Meal but Sneaky TacticsMilkyWayDined on 10/3/2014We had a lovely evening but my only disappointment was that as soon as we were seated the waiter gave us our menus and said "Still or sparkling water?", we said still. He then took the water glasses off our table and returned with blue water glasses and a glass bottle of water with re-sealable stopper (that they obviously re-use as we weren't allowed to take our un-finished bottle with us). About 5 minutes later another waiter with a jug of ice water goes to each table to re-fill the other diners glasses. As he approaches our table to fill our glasses, our waiter makes a slight hand movement and points to our blue glasses and the 2 of them nod at each other. I just feel this is a very sneaky, underhand way or making an extra $8.Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversary dinnerDonnie03Dined on 10/3/2014Very romantic setting. Beautiful view of central park. Food was great. Ambience was great. However, our service was not the best especially with how fancy this place is. The restrooms were not up to par either, especially with how fancy it is. Overall, it was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funLukePTDined on 10/3/2014Been to the boathouse three times and it never disappoints. Food and service was excellent, just make sure you have reservations if you plan on eating in restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem amongst gems.CantgetNYCofmymindDined on 10/3/2014This was our 3rd visit to NYC and we wanted somewhere outstanding to eat. Uncle Jacks and Oyster Bar were fine but this place was way way better and the prices were far lower. The food was excellent. Our server Eddie was the most laid back chilled server we met. I actually made the point to the manager that this place does not charge enough for what it offers. There is a first! For me this is from now on a must visit for a chilled, romantic meal, in stunning surroundings and I would gladly have paid twice the price!Special Features:
- My favourite place in the world,butJeannieDined on 10/3/2014This is really my favourite place in a very big world. The location and scenery and ambience is perfect, but our waitress was inhospitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must when visiting NYCJudypitutyVIPDined on 10/3/2014The best place to eat in Central Park! Food is always excellent! Service is spot on! Beautiful view looking on the lake with people rowing their boats. Fun to watch. There were 6 of us dining for lunch and everyone's food was excellent!Special Features:
- Very nice experienceChipparDined on 10/2/2014Food and service very good. Setting with view very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Venue for a Special DayToffeeDined on 10/1/2014This is the first time we had dined here and would return tomorrow if we could (live in Scotland) from the moment we arrived to the finish we could not have asked for more. There is a good selection of food and wines. I We could not recommencement this Restaurant highly enoughSpecial Features:
- Such a special placeJennaBSydneyDined on 9/30/2014Great vibes, good food. NYC moment. We went with friends for lunch and then hired a boat after lunch, great spot.Special Features:
- Lunch in the ParkPatoupatouDined on 9/29/2014Great place for lunch with open terrasse and vue on the Lakers. Service good but too fast... As soon your appetiser is finish you already recive the main course that is not so good for European peuple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014The Central Park Boathouse was a great place to enjoy a special birthday lunch with friends. The atmosphere was friendly, and service was very attentive. Our table was ready and available precisely at the time of the reservation. Between the four of us, our orders were divided with two chicken and two pork entrees. All orders were excellent with attractive presentations. We especially liked the variety of breads served before the meal. The only negative was the up close view of the water in the lake, but beyond the swirling green condition, the landscapes surrounding the lake are typical Central Park beauty.Special Features:
- Great placeLuvfoodDined on 9/26/2014First time here recommended by friends we will come backSpecial Features:
- RoyalsFan60Dined on 9/26/2014The Central Park BoatHouse was very nice to grant my reservation request to have a table by the water, as we were celebrating my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. The view was great and so was the food, as my fish & chips and my dad's salmon were both excellent. Highly recommended dining destination !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014perfect dinner, perfect view, overall nice food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th anniversary dinnerjeffDined on 9/23/2014Wonderful evening celebrating our 25th. Service excellent, seating perfect - requested special seating. Met another couple also celebrating their 25th we closed the restaurant :-) new friends from Scotland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryDined on 9/22/2014Very good service and good food. We can recommend this restaurant for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimikoDined on 9/22/2014The view is wonderful. Meal was great and service outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014All the personal are correct..but not totally kind...I prefer other atmosphere....more friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014A beautiful place, but unfortunately with a lousy service. We waited a long time for the food and the check...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.