Central Michel Richard – Revel
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Central Michel Richard – Revel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revelresorts.com/dining/select/central-michel-richard-cafe
- Phone: (609) 225-9864
- Hours of Operation:
- Dinner -
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm to 11:00pm
- Lunch -
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30am to 3:00pm
- Brunch -
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am to 3:00pm
REVEL Front Desk - (855) 348-0500
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Michel Richard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: New Jersey Ave
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet:
Revel provides Valet Parking for $10 at the Ocean Side Port Cochere. To reach Central, take the escalator to the Casino level and proceed across the casino floor on the left.
Skip the casino and self park on the 6th floor for $5. Enter on the City Side, and Central is immediately on your right upon entering.
A word from Central Michel Richard – Revel
Dine overlooking the excitement of the Revel gaming floor, or watch a different kind of action: chefs crafting their magic in the open kitchen. Either way, the atmosphere is as lively as the food at Central Michel Richard. Have a taste of Chef Richard’s signature Faux Gras or Gougères (cheese puffs) to start, followed by entrees like Ribeye, Fried chicken, Salmon, or an award winning Burger (think Lamb, Tuna, Lobster or Chicken). You won’t want to leave without dessert from world famous Pastry Chef Richard, known for his ultimate take on the American classic Banana Split, and timeless French desserts like the flakiest Napoleon ever. A modern American bistro with a French accent. Complement your experience with a selection from the extensive wine list, tempting beers, and specialty cocktails. The wine list focuses on small French and American producers and includes representatives from the best of other regions. Cocktails are expertly crafted using seasonal locally sourced ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Michel Richard – Revel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sorry to hear of the closingpattykakesVIPDined on 5/4/2013Sorry to hear of the closing this was a gem. All good things must come to an end. Truly will be missed. Feel sorry for all the employees of Central they were the best. Why close something that was doing so good??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPERIENCEDOLLYDined on 5/4/2013GREAT FOOD - SEVER WAS WELL INFORMED ON WINE AND MENU SELECTION WE USUALLY KNOW WHAT WE LIKE, BUT SHE TOOK THE TIME TO EXPLAIN SOME OF THE DIFFERENT ITEMS ON THE LIST, TOOK HER SUGGESTIONS AND WERE VERY WELL PLEASED - ALSO THOUGHT PRICING WAS GOOD - WILL BE BACK!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good looking menu.DruiserDined on 4/29/2013Bright and airy location. Close to gaming floors. Only had a burger but it was very good. Looks like very good wine list too. Go a bit further down the hall for the ocean view Spanish tapas restaurant. Now you are talking!Special Features:
- Great Dishes; Bit NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/20132nd time at Central and the dishes have all been excellent. Recommend the prosciutto appetizer for the table and really enjoyed the lamb shank. Only negative was the service was somewhat slow considering we were at the tail end of the dinner crowd and it was quite noisy in their open establishment. Seems to be quite the stage for bachlorette type parties as there were multiple tables filled each visit.
- Great Night at CentralKc519Dined on 4/27/2013Have gone to Central in Washington DC many times and was happy to find out that they had opened at the Revel. Brought 2 friends of ours and we all had a great time. Our server was lots of fun, the staff in the kitchen were wonderful and very eager to share tips and techniques with us. Of course the food was delicious. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Love sitting at the counterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013Love sitting at the counter and watch the Sous Chef's plate the dishes!Special Features:
- Food was delicious. OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013Food was delicious. Open air dining experience with a lot of activity around. Wouldn't recommend for romantic dinner.
- lukewarmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The service was terrible, except for a great bus boy who kept our water glasses filled and offered a smile each time. Our waiter was routinely off in his timing, the food took a long time to prepare and then was barely warm. Although the hanger steak and onions were tasty, they would have been better hot! Short ribs weren't tender but tough.
- The banana split sundae wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2013The banana split sundae was fabulous! Loved fried chicken, tuna burger, salmon, All good reviews from all of us. Our second dinner. Great place!!Special Features:
- Great Atlantic City Dinner OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013This restaurant is inside the Revel resort. We were looking for something in the mid-range for price, but with enough choice that both my husband and I could find things that appealed to us. The tuna burger was amazing. I suspect I am going to be daydreaming about it for a long while. My husband said his regular burger was good - and the french fries were very tasty. They had homemade sorbet for a dessert special - the mango was the best flavor!Special Features:
- The food was not that great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The food was not that great. They need a wider menu selection.
- Celebrated my birthday atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Celebrated my birthday at Central. Everything was perfect! Lovely server, great food and ambiance. Excellent desserts!
- The lobster burger did notdanoDined on 4/1/2013The lobster burger did not disappoint. The chocolate bar was just the right amount of sweetness and the banana split was the best and most upscale banana split I ever had the pleasure to eat!Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Our server was awesome which made our dining that much more!Special Features:
- Had the creme brulee frenchBevHDined on 3/31/2013Had the creme brulee french toast. Excellent and the food looked great on the plate. SERVICE WAS WONDERFUL.Special Features:
- Still good, use to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2013Central is our go to dinner restaurant while staying at Revel. We have been there couple times before and usually they are always busy. This time around at peak dinner time there were a lot of empty tables. One of the things we like there was the good service and knowledgeable staff. Our waitress, however did not know the alcohol that was available at the bar. She either had to ask the manager or went to the bar to ask. Additionally, she did not meet our expectations of pervious staff. The food was good, but again use to be better. We order lamb shank and braised short rib pappadelle (both dishes we ordered before). The lamb lacked flavor and the short rib was not pull apart tender. I'm not sure what happened to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Was ok. Went for brunch. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Was ok. Went for brunch. My husbands omelet was overcooked. I got the granola parfait with berries it was ok.
- PerfectionkevinDined on 3/26/2013The menu is creative; the food, exquisite; the service, impressive.Special Features:
- My family and I tried thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013My family and I tried this out for what was supposed to be restaurant week. We went on the last day of it, only to find out after we got there that they stopped participation the day before. What? Restaurant week is supposed to be, well, a week...but we decided to dine anyway. The service was not good - our waitress was scatterbrained and rushed, and she screwed up with our receipt and gave us the wrong price for the wine we ordered (higher than what we had). Also, the food was not worth the expense. I ordered the lamb burger, which was flavorful but small and the bun was cold and untoasted. It came with a small side of fries that you could get anywhere else. Overall the experience was not worth it, and we won't be going back.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We visited Central during Atlantic City's Restaurant Week. Although Restaurant Week was advertised as going through Saturday, 3/9, we came to find that the Revel's restaurants, including Central, decided to stop serving the Restaurant Week menu Friday night. It appears the Revel was not the only casino to pull this. Caesar's did as well. I wouldn't be surprised if several other (all?) casinos did the same. We heard other restaurant-goers asking the same as well. Although we didn't get what we came for, the food was very good and the staff was friendly. We just would have eaten somewhere else had we known the RW menu was pulled early. If you don't mind spending $30+ / plate on lunch, then this is as good a place as any.
- Absolutely fabulous. WentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Absolutely fabulous. Went for Atlantic City Rest. Week and it was the best of the three places I went. Food was superb. Great wait staff. Nice place but open to the floor so it isn't romantic but other than that no complaints. Plus wasn't looking for romance. Two girlfriends went.Special Features:
- Service was excellent andJEB99Dined on 3/5/2013Service was excellent and servers are friendly. We enjoyed very much. Desserts are especially delicious. In open care where you see people walking by. If you want privact not a place to be but otherwise great place to eat. The restaurant is in the Revel Hotel and is absolutely beautifully designed and worth seeing.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was okay, theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013The atmosphere was okay, the restaurant is right out there in the open and the view was not that great. I was hoping for a more enclosed type of restaurant and not out in the walkway of the the casino. The food was very tasty.
- Excellent service from John...andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2013Excellent service from John...and Chef Michael D'Angelo...his desserts are amazing!Special Features:
- We decided to visit as partOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013We decided to visit as part of restaurant week. Food was good. The soup and risotto were extremely salty. Main courses were good and portions were large. The service was very attentive.Special Features:
- We had the salmon and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013We had the salmon and it was the best I ever tasted. The service was very good too.
- We loved the food; serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013We loved the food; service and ambience were great. Memorable occasion. We will be back.Special Features:
- This is the second time weSuzanneVIPDined on 3/3/2013This is the second time we visited this restaurant. It was just as good as the first time we went. We would definitely go again. The food is always amazing! Make sure you try the bacon and onion tart!Special Features:
- Reservation right in time.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/2/2013Reservation right in time. Service was great. Food was excellent. Overall great time!!Special Features:
- Never Disappointsfun2dineVIPDined on 2/26/2013You may count on Central to provide you with a great meal with friendly service, every time. We are regulars and always look forward to our return.Special Features:
- The food was very delishious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2013The food was very delishious. Service was just okay considering it was very slow there. Prices are fair,a bit on the high side but worth it for the food. I would return and suggest for other people.Special Features:
- Don't miss the fried Chicken.......LuvGoodEatsDined on 2/25/2013Second time here and loved it. Once again the food is oustanding. I hope that they figure out keeping Revel open now that they have filed chapter 11. Its a shame that this place isn't swamped with people as the the smokeless envoir is awesome. I know that if this was in Harrahs you would have to wait to get a table. Don't miss the fried Chicken, or the beet salad with goat cheese. Will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Food was good and waiter wasPamPVIPDined on 2/24/2013Food was good and waiter was nice and helpful, however by 7:00pm they were all sold out of their "specials" together with the non alcoholic beer they serve- that was a little disappointing but we had a good time anyway
- Terrific MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2013Wonderful! Highly recommend the Fried Chicken. The best I've ever eaten!
- This one is in a casino...thelinkVIPDined on 2/17/2013This one is in a casino...the food is good, not fabulous...it's moderately priced...for a casino..if there are any issues with the food, they will do anything to make it work for you...and i like that in a restuarant...considering i used to be in the food and beverage industry and was also behind the lines...i am always a true believer in customer service..and an honest critique... i have had better food in this place, but maybe this night was an off night...it was a sunday night and it was not busy...they could have gotten it perfect, but my scallops were bitter and brown on the edges and undercooked inside on some and over cooked on others...and the scallops were med to small sized...would have thought them to be larger for the price .Special Features:
- Mid range Casino choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2013Get the caesar salad and the crab cake - delish. Skip the lobster burger, fried chicken, and short ribs. Excellent creamed spinach.Special Features:
- Fish and chips were deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Fish and chips were delicious and a fair portion size. The batter was unusually light and crisp. The creme brulee French toast was an exceptional treat, but is not by any means a large enough portion size for the money. It consisted of two 3-inch diameter rounds. Hardly enough to satisfy a breakfast, lunch or brunch appetite.Special Features:
- the food waas really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013the food waas really good. service not so much. Server was nice, kinda, not knowledgeable and quite honestly looked like she just rolled out of bed. just not the type of server i would have expected at a place that offers $30 burgers and entrees. the food runners seemed more put together.
- very sad the food did notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013very sad the food did not compare to the food at the Central in DC!
- Best Coconut Sorbet I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2013My husband and I were quite impressed with our dining experience at Central. Our food was delicious and I ventured to order something I wouldn't usually order -- fried chicken! I was pleasantly surprised to find the breast was boneless and easy to eat. The batter was the best I ever tasted. Hubby said pecan crusted salmon and the crust was the best he ever had too. While I was waiting for my dinner, I saw on a chalkboard the words Mango, Coconut but couldn't read the rest. I said to my husand -- I really hope those are sorbet flavors. He asked and my wish was granted! My favorite sorbet is coconut and the waiter informed him that they make their own. I saved room for dessert of course and it was delicious!Special Features: