42 Petaluma Blvd North
Petaluma, CA 94952Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.centralmarketpetaluma.com/
- Phone: 7077789900x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Sunday - Thursday 5:00 - 6:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tony Najiola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: By special request only.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant dining room available for buy-out by special request.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Messina, General Manager 7077789900x
- Entertainment: Chef Tony Najiola is very entertaining. Join our mailing list to be notified of upcoming events.
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday - Thursday 5:00 - 6:00 pm: $1 Oysters, $4 Beers, $5 Wines.
A word from Central Market
Farm to Table Cuisine. We offer fine dining in a casual atmosphere with a seasonal menu featuring local produce, sustainable seafood & all natural meats.Continued
We are unable to reserve seats at the counter.
We support Slow Food.
We are unable to reserve seats at the counter.
We support Slow Food.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Central Market - Best Restaurants in Petaluma ›
Central Market reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (143)neighborhood gem (106)special occasion (79)notable wine list (47)good for groups (45)hot spot (37)romantic (32)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food but....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014unfortunately the wait staff left much to be desired. Our server seemed harried an inattentive. The table busier should not be working in a restaurant..very rude. I expected much higher caliber service for the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014Whenever I go out to dinner with friends we talk about the great in restaurants in Petaluma, but we inevitably return to Central Market. I haven't eaten anywhere else in months! Tony's food is creative and delicious. He changes up the menu frequently. They make an awesome vegetarian dish for me if I ask, although there's usually something on the menu I like. The service is spot on and I always trust their good wine recommendations. Can't beat the oyster happy hour either!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great food and service highly recommend would return over and over.Special Features:
- Good balance ....Anna30Dined on 9/14/2014....between fish, meat and vegetables. Especially the veggies are delicious, fresh and served in new and tasty combinations. The bread is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands-down happy!tastebudsmatterDined on 9/13/2014We were 4 adults and 5 teenage girls with discerning palates, and each one of us enjoyed every bite. We ordered tons of small plates and appetizers, and then 6 mains (3 different plates). What we loved most probably is that each dish was distinct one from the other, and from other restaurants' repertoires, with the except being perhaps the watermelon salad. We left with our tummies pleasantly full and our tastebuds most completely sated. We also loved that they were gracious and flexible that we were going to be a little late for the time reserved; they just let us know their outside parameters, which we easily were able to work within.Special Features:
- Amazing farm freshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014This place is amazing freshest ingredients, well presented great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good surpriseGuyGooddayDined on 9/9/2014Endroit fort sympathique type loft. Excellente cuisine, belle carte de vin. le pain est fait par le chef et est un delice. Niveau sonore moyen on peut discuter sans hurler. Je recommande !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was excellent! Great place to celebrate a special Birthday!Special Features:
- Don't miss this amazing placethehungrykittenDined on 9/8/2014First time visiting. The staff offered up some wonderful suggestions which we tried. Was not disappointed. My husband is a picky eater and they allowed him to pick items from different meals to make one of his own. He was in heaven. Everything was wonderful from the food, wine dessert and staff. Not as pricey as I thought. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeWhatatreat2014Dined on 9/7/2014I received a gift certificate from a client, and it was a pleasure to have such a dining experience. We don't typically eat out, and when we do, we don't spend our weekly grocery budget on one meal. I could tell that many regular dining guest visit the place frequently, based on their interactions with the staff. For me, it will be another 10 years for my return, unless I receive another gift certificate :) Just not in our financial budget. Great service, great food! Such a treat to have in Petaluma! Felt like I was back in San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!sedonaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Central Market has very good food. The service was not good when we were there on Sunday. Took forever to get a waitress and then she forgot about us. The oysters were outstanding and so was the watermelon salad. Clams and linguine very good also. A favorite of ours in Petaluma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingTKAdineDined on 9/5/2014Ambience is a bit lacking in that big and noisy room. The room was bustling and very busy, but the big open ceiling and the low lighting and decor just made it seem like you were just setting in a big room. The food was quite good, however, especially the watermelon salad and the pork chop. Many had told us it was an great place. we may try it again some time if we get back to Petaluma.Special Features:
- Always deliciousset11224Dined on 9/5/2014I've eaten here frequently and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious delicious deliciousAmyLovesFoodDined on 9/2/2014From the complimentary bread to the entree, all the foods were perfection. One of best bread I've tasted despite being cold! My short ribs entree was delicious. The Au gratin was perfectly cheesy and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally-sourced, quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Not only was the food spectacular, our service was friendly, unobtrusive, and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend this place if you're staying in or passing through Petaluma.Special Features:
- passing throughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014always stop on the way from Dillons Beach; our favorite stop in Petaluma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I wanted for Dinnercpetrillo1Dined on 8/30/2014I wanted to find a place that served Farm to Table and I found it. Food was very delicious, service was above avg but the place was busy. Owner/Chef walking around asking everyone how they were doing (which scored points in my book)... I would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Like Dinner at Mom's...RazzinAzDined on 8/28/2014If Mom is an extraordinary purveyor of well executed comfort food. Our party of three had clam linguine with a spicy kick, chicken under a brick that was both moist and crispy, and rich, savory duck sugo over buckwheat polenta. The wine list is not extensive, but well studied so that each course has several excellent options. Our server was prompt and attentive and well informed. The dining room can get a little warm, but the buzz is just the right background for a happy dinner. We've been before and will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljanetelizabethDined on 8/28/2014FABULOUS! The food was amazing. I just loved it and the service was fabulous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOccasionalNightOutDined on 8/28/2014We arrived early for our reservation, just as they were opening the doors. Our food was excellent, and delivered in a timely manner. Our out of town guests were very pleased by the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/21/2014Food was fantastic. We especially loved the pork belly salad. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We had a lovely evening at Central Market with another couple. The food was great. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. We were especially happy with our service: down to earth, approachable, and honest. We ordered several things to share with group and she helped us with recommendations that were excellent. We will return.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014It's always such a treat to come here. The food is nothing short of amazing. Be sure to make a reservation, and don't go if you're looking for a quiet night out. The restaurant is always lively. I've never seen it slow. But if you're looking for a memorable meal - you've found the right place.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We couldn't have been more pleased with the service and the food. This is quite a gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PetalumaRockAndDineVIPDined on 8/15/2014After booking a reservation at a different Petaluma restaurant, we realized we had made a big mistake after we tasted the appetizers and bread plate. We made a last minute, hasty reservation via OpenTable to Central Market. We needed to wait an hour, but as usual the food was excellent at Central Market. I went with the 4 course tasting menu and my spouse who was not very hungry sampled from my choices. We tasted the beet salad, linguine pasta, steak entre, and a delicious cobbler a la mode. In terms of quality of food, ambience, and service, this remains the best restaurant in Petaluma.Special Features:
- vjblatherDined on 8/14/2014Very enjoyable and satisfying. We enjoy eating at Central Market every time.Special Features:
- Petaluma GemLuckyDinersDined on 8/14/2014Our table of four ordered three starters, fours main courses and two desserts. Each was unique, beautifully presented and oh, so delicious. Kudos to Tony and his fine crew - a great place to experience farm-to-table California cuisine in a charming town. Our guests enjoyed the evening at Central Market and we plan to return soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014The best restaurant for dinner in Petaluma. Always a delicious and delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining experience!FoodforlifeDined on 8/10/2014Everything that we tried was absolutely fantastic. I do not live near Petaluma, but would gladly visit this restaurant again if I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A culinary craftsman!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Our thanks to you Tony and your staff for yet another excellent dining experience! Our meals have always been solid and consistent with a very attentive wait staff. You will see us again and again.....Chef Keith DarlingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Mediocre ServiceGirlBarrieDined on 8/5/2014We LOVE Central Market! On this, our fourth visit, we began to question why??? The food, as far as quality and taste is concerned, is wonderful. The salads, and appetizers were scrumptious. The wine, yummy. My steak, my son's chicken & hubby's pasta were all delicious. Our dessert was also spectacular!! So what was the issue? Not once after serving an item did our waiter ask if everything was OK. Not once. Not once were our water glasses or pitcher refilled. My hubby would have liked a soda, but the waiter never gave him an opportunity to order one. Everyone was nice, but the service truly was lacking attentiveness. It would be really great if they trained the staff to raise the level of service to be on par with the level of food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GSPMOMMYDined on 8/2/2014Food was out of this world! Lots of fresh ingredients, great atmosphere and service. Definitely would recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for healthful foodLandJDined on 8/2/2014Although we avoid gluten, potatoes, and pasta, we had a delicious meal. We snacked on the sevillano olives and fire-roasted chiles, then shared three starters: the lettuce-bacon-egg-and cheese salad, the spicy lamb cabbage rolls, and the grilled calamari. We'll return to Central Market for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealVicspicsDined on 7/28/2014The meal was good and service very good but overall, not an outstanding restaurant. The room is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining!Jack1938Dined on 7/25/2014Had an early table with lady friend. Outstanding service and attention from the wait person. Each of us had appetizers. Entree was scallops, expertly prepared, for the lady. I had chicken stuffed meatball. Great choice. Followed by desert and coffee and glass of port for the lady. Dinner wine was house 1/4 liter house red. Good choice. Even as restaurant filled, it was not noisy.Special Features:
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Daily special was amazing-a perfect bone-in pork chop. Everything was delicious.....it was a memorable meal for the pork chop, the most delicious, melt in your mouth watering morsel of an oinker.Special Features:
- We would returnBradentonjlDined on 7/22/2014My wife had the rabbit prepared three ways, which she enjoyed very much. I ordered the Boom Chicken Meatball, which was more ordinary, with a broth that seemed out of place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014Every bite was fantastic! Especially loved the Ahi. Worth the round trip drive from San RafaelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Central MarketOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014Happy hour at the bar on sunday night might become our new routine! Love this place and their menu, can't get tired of having dinner there.Special Features:
- Great find in PetalumaPorkchopDined on 7/19/2014This is our second visit to the Central Market, and won't be the last. Great food, good service, and the perfect downtown location - I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visit the area.Special Features: