42 Petaluma Blvd North
Petaluma, CA 94952Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.centralmarketpetaluma.com/
- Phone: 7077789900x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Sunday - Thursday 5:00 - 6:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tony Najiola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: By special request only.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant dining room available for buy-out by special request.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Messina, General Manager 7077789900x
- Entertainment: Chef Tony Najiola is very entertaining. Join our mailing list to be notified of upcoming events.
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday - Thursday 5:00 - 6:00 pm: $1 Oysters, $4 Beers, $5 Wines.
A word from Central Market
Farm to Table Cuisine. We offer fine dining in a casual atmosphere with a seasonal menu featuring local produce, sustainable seafood & all natural meats.Continued
We are unable to reserve seats at the counter.
We support Slow Food.
We are unable to reserve seats at the counter.
We support Slow Food.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Central Market - Best Restaurants in Petaluma ›
Central Market reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)neighborhood gem (105)special occasion (89)notable wine list (56)good for groups (46)romantic (40)hot spot (37)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We had a lovely evening at Central Market with another couple. The food was great. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. We were especially happy with our service: down to earth, approachable, and honest. We ordered several things to share with group and she helped us with recommendations that were excellent. We will return.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014It's always such a treat to come here. The food is nothing short of amazing. Be sure to make a reservation, and don't go if you're looking for a quiet night out. The restaurant is always lively. I've never seen it slow. But if you're looking for a memorable meal - you've found the right place.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We couldn't have been more pleased with the service and the food. This is quite a gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PetalumaRockAndDineVIPDined on 8/15/2014After booking a reservation at a different Petaluma restaurant, we realized we had made a big mistake after we tasted the appetizers and bread plate. We made a last minute, hasty reservation via OpenTable to Central Market. We needed to wait an hour, but as usual the food was excellent at Central Market. I went with the 4 course tasting menu and my spouse who was not very hungry sampled from my choices. We tasted the beet salad, linguine pasta, steak entre, and a delicious cobbler a la mode. In terms of quality of food, ambience, and service, this remains the best restaurant in Petaluma.Special Features:
- vjblatherDined on 8/14/2014Very enjoyable and satisfying. We enjoy eating at Central Market every time.Special Features:
- Petaluma GemLuckyDinersDined on 8/14/2014Our table of four ordered three starters, fours main courses and two desserts. Each was unique, beautifully presented and oh, so delicious. Kudos to Tony and his fine crew - a great place to experience farm-to-table California cuisine in a charming town. Our guests enjoyed the evening at Central Market and we plan to return soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014The best restaurant for dinner in Petaluma. Always a delicious and delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining experience!FoodforlifeDined on 8/10/2014Everything that we tried was absolutely fantastic. I do not live near Petaluma, but would gladly visit this restaurant again if I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A culinary craftsman!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Our thanks to you Tony and your staff for yet another excellent dining experience! Our meals have always been solid and consistent with a very attentive wait staff. You will see us again and again.....Chef Keith DarlingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Mediocre ServiceGirlBarrieDined on 8/5/2014We LOVE Central Market! On this, our fourth visit, we began to question why??? The food, as far as quality and taste is concerned, is wonderful. The salads, and appetizers were scrumptious. The wine, yummy. My steak, my son's chicken & hubby's pasta were all delicious. Our dessert was also spectacular!! So what was the issue? Not once after serving an item did our waiter ask if everything was OK. Not once. Not once were our water glasses or pitcher refilled. My hubby would have liked a soda, but the waiter never gave him an opportunity to order one. Everyone was nice, but the service truly was lacking attentiveness. It would be really great if they trained the staff to raise the level of service to be on par with the level of food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was out of this world! Lots of fresh ingredients, great atmosphere and service. Definitely would recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for healthful foodLandJDined on 8/2/2014Although we avoid gluten, potatoes, and pasta, we had a delicious meal. We snacked on the sevillano olives and fire-roasted chiles, then shared three starters: the lettuce-bacon-egg-and cheese salad, the spicy lamb cabbage rolls, and the grilled calamari. We'll return to Central Market for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealVicspicsDined on 7/28/2014The meal was good and service very good but overall, not an outstanding restaurant. The room is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining!Jack1938Dined on 7/25/2014Had an early table with lady friend. Outstanding service and attention from the wait person. Each of us had appetizers. Entree was scallops, expertly prepared, for the lady. I had chicken stuffed meatball. Great choice. Followed by desert and coffee and glass of port for the lady. Dinner wine was house 1/4 liter house red. Good choice. Even as restaurant filled, it was not noisy.Special Features:
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Daily special was amazing-a perfect bone-in pork chop. Everything was delicious.....it was a memorable meal for the pork chop, the most delicious, melt in your mouth watering morsel of an oinker.Special Features:
- We would returnBradentonjlDined on 7/22/2014My wife had the rabbit prepared three ways, which she enjoyed very much. I ordered the Boom Chicken Meatball, which was more ordinary, with a broth that seemed out of place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014Every bite was fantastic! Especially loved the Ahi. Worth the round trip drive from San RafaelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Central MarketOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014Happy hour at the bar on sunday night might become our new routine! Love this place and their menu, can't get tired of having dinner there.Special Features:
- Great find in PetalumaPorkchopDined on 7/19/2014This is our second visit to the Central Market, and won't be the last. Great food, good service, and the perfect downtown location - I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visit the area.Special Features:
- Best Food In Sonoma CO.Lotus7Dined on 7/19/2014I have been dinding at Central Market for about 8 years now. It has continued to be my favorite place to eat. Tony has continued to add more and more great items, fresh ingredients and quality like no other place I know of. I am always amazed and happy to be sitting in Cental Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lights are BRIGHT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014Put in your best face, or your face that lasts under these spot lights.
- Good Food; Noisy EnvironmentBillVIPDined on 7/18/2014Central Market was busy on a Friday evening. The well behaved crowd nevertheless created a noisy environment because of the hard surfaces on the interior of Central Market. We were seated immediately upon arrival (with a reservation). Service was prompt and courteous. The sand dabs and salmon were both excellent. The Central Market is an informal, causal dining restaurant serving good food but at an elegant restaurant price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central marketNannerbsDined on 7/17/2014Biggest call out is just that the food wasn't that hot but served on scorching plates. I don't need my food to burn my mouth but I'd rather have it cool down in front of me than before. We had the short ribs and chicken bomba. Ocean trout crudo was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentMcFoodieDined on 7/17/2014From the moment you walk in Central Market is the definition of an unpretentious Gourmet NorCal Farm to Face experience. Service, wine, menu an presentation all stand out. Subtle changes in the menu keep things fresh so you can add this to your list of regular dinner spots.Special Features:
- percinnamonDined on 7/16/2014Great service, menu and execution of a local food scene. We were happy to visit, wish we lived close enough to return often.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/13/2014Another consistent meal. Many entries were ones we've had before but there were a couple of new items. Food is always flavorful and fresh. Service was ok but nothing special which was odd. We stated in the reservation we were celebrating A special occasion but there wasn't an aknowlwedgement of that. We've had better service there in the past. Overall it was a good dinner. Just a little off on service this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu.DorothyDined on 7/12/2014Diverse, interesting menu; well-prepared dishes using local ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central MarketnancyDined on 7/12/2014A great spot. Farm fresh, well prepared, delicious food served in a pleasant atmosphere that was friendly and fun. Excellent short ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waterloverDined on 7/12/2014The only ding was the carafe of water. The carafe looked dirty , the water was warm and had a cucumber in it, which was unappealing. Otherwise the meal was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014We live in Novato and made the quick drive up to Petaluma after a recommendation from a friend. Wish this place was our neighborhood restaurant. Fresh, local, impeccably prepared food to rival anything in San Francisco at extremely reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did that really just happen?Luv2dineDined on 7/11/2014Having a fantastic meal and had ordered a 2nd drink to go with my dessert when a hostess came to the table to deliver the bills and asked if she could run our credit cards right then? We looked at her like whhhhaaaat? She grimaced and said " Just to let you know, the reservation for this table has checked in and is waiting to be seated." We were so offended we left out drinks and what was left of our dessert. We spent a great deal of money there and that was indeed our LAST time to this place!
- Unexpectedly delicious!manapualabsDined on 7/6/2014We were going to go to a concert at the Mystic, which is conveniently across the street. We arrived in plenty of time and let the server know up front that we were under a time constraint. We were able to order quickly and our food arrived piping hot soon after giving us plenty of time to relax and enjoy our meal. I ordered the Mary's chicken breast over polenta with a mushroom sauce and mixed green, delicious! My SO ordered the salmon, he also liked his dish. Wrap: the food was great and we weren't so overfull that we wanted to go take a nap, so we were able to enjoy the concert without being uncomfortable. A memorable night!Special Features:
- always a joyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014i was very upset when i heard the place had a fire and was closed for repair. this was my first visit back since the reopen and had a wonderful meal as always. thank you for reopening.Special Features:
- DrJMDined on 7/5/2014We stayed in Petaluma 3 nights. We like the food and restaurant so much we ate dinner there 3 times which is something we would hardly ever do.Special Features:
- wonderful againeatn4healthDined on 7/3/2014Perfectly prepared food, from the smoky bacon and bleu cheese in the little gems salad to the tender scallops served with pureed potatoes and some vegetables. I'm not such a fan of pureed potatoes, so might prefer to sub another kind if ordering the scallops again. My friend said the halibut cheek was wonderful, and the beets in the salad were cooked exactly as she wanted them. The server was friendly, professional, efficient, even though she had a full station to care for. We never felt rushed. Large room, high ceilings with panels to absorb noise, fun artwork. Most of the food is locally grown and you can actually get grass-fed beef there, which makes a big difference to me. I can hardly wait to return there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it was in my cityBradDined on 7/2/2014This was one of the best restaurants I have been to this year - fresh ingredients, outstanding flavors and preparation - excellent service. Pricing a little high, but absolutely work it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/2/2014I consider myself a foodie, I've been to many incredible restaurants all over the world and this was unexpectedly one of the best I've ever been to. I've never even written a review prior to this. The food was heaven, the grilled calamari starter and chicken breast for the main complimented each other perfectly. The service was impeccable, from the owner/chef greeting us as we came in, to checking in how we were enjoying the food as we dined, to our waitress being patient and knowledgable with great suggestions. I hope to come back soon, or at least start a campaign to bring this gem back to New York with me.Special Features:
- Petaluma's PrideOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2014Central Market isn't only for locals. It draws from all over the Bay Area. The farm fresh focussed menu rewards with every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but something offOGT123Dined on 6/29/2014First time back since Central Market reopened and there just seemed to be something off. The food was as good as usual with the exception of the beet salad that I have had many times before. Too much dressing made it soggy and the beets were in huge chunks that were awkward to eat. The service was good but our experience was also marred by the lack of air conditioning. There didn't seem to be any air circulating and my companion and I mentioned it a couple of times to the waitress but she never apologized or said that she would see if something could be done. This has always been my favorite restaurant in Petaluma so I am hoping it was just an off night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014Our party of 7 enjoyed every last bite of their meals…from the heavenly beet salad and clam chowder starters to the short ribs and grilled scallops, they definitely know what they're doing in the kitchen. Only draw back, the noise level…more than "energetic" as the restaurant filled.Special Features: