42 Petaluma Blvd North
Petaluma, CA 94952Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.centralmarketpetaluma.com/
- Phone: 7077789900x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Sunday - Thursday 5:00 - 6:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tony Najiola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: By special request only.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant dining room available for buy-out by special request.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Messina, General Manager 7077789900x
- Entertainment: Chef Tony Najiola is very entertaining. Join our mailing list to be notified of upcoming events.
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday - Thursday 5:00 - 6:00 pm: $1 Oysters, $4 Beers, $5 Wines.
A word from Central Market
Farm to Table Cuisine. We offer fine dining in a casual atmosphere with a seasonal menu featuring local produce, sustainable seafood & all natural meats.Continued
We are unable to reserve seats at the counter.
We support Slow Food.
We are unable to reserve seats at the counter.
We support Slow Food.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Central Market - Best Restaurants in Petaluma ›
Central Market reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)neighborhood gem (115)special occasion (84)good for groups (54)notable wine list (51)hot spot (46)romantic (30)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Wow!KimmieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went back after a year because friends recommended the pork chop. That was not on the menu but what we ordered was outstanding. Linguini w/ clams and shrimp had a sauce that was over the top!!! Great wine. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner treat!BrebisDined on 10/8/2014My brother gave me a gift certificate for $100 for this restaurant on my birthday. A few weeks later my husband and I went out and didn't really worry about price points but indulged ourselves. we had 2 glasses of wine each, appetizers (calamari and house made chartcuterie-amazing), lovely entrées (lunguini w/clam and beef short ribs fabulous) and we shared a dessert (butterscotch pot de cream) and the tab came just a few dollars over 100 bucks. We left a generous cash tip and felt totally full and happy. Many menu ingredients sourced locally and chef wven grows some of his own ingredients on his farm. We loved the casual, yet top notch quality in this restaurant. Chef/owner greeted some guests at their table. Felt a bit like italy. love!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteGH00Dined on 10/7/2014Great locally sourced food with similar local wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDogloverDined on 10/7/2014Absolutely loved the food! Everything was fresh, local and wonderfully tasty. The only possible down point was the long wait time for both dinner and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014My wife and I had dinner here to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. Table was exactly what I requested. We both had dishes we haven't had or usually get and they were superb! Enjoyed the high quality of food as well as the fact the menu is changed daily. The Salmon starter was the best prepared salmon I have had in years.Special Features:
- Spot On!PtownLocalDined on 10/5/2014Lovely restaurant, service is wonderful, and the food is something you dream about when you are not there. The scallops and short ribs are to die for, but i dont think you could go wrong with any of their offerings. Consistency has been excellent, it's wonderful every time. This place is a treasure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but dining room too hotdjs48Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent food, but could use a bit more variety as menu is pretty eclectic. Usually something for everyone. In our recent visit the restaurant was exceptionally warm. Ceiling fans were not on and the room heat seemed to have overpowered the air conditioning. Later in the evening the sidewalk windows were opened which was a tremendous help.Special Features:
- Never fails to impressSeasideStephVIPDined on 10/4/2014We sail to Petaluma at least once a year and Central Market is always on the top of the dining destinations. My only complaint was that our party of 6 was seated in a window seat on a 90* day while the sun was still up, when tables further inside away from the sun sat empty. Everything, exceeded expectations, as usual.Special Features:
- very nice eveningsonomacherDined on 10/4/2014We ate at Central Market recently. Even with very short notice, we were given a nice table. We both ordered salads, followed by the scallops with mashed potatoes and veggies. My scallops were delicious! We didn't order a bottle of wine, but chose glasses instead. They have 2 sizes and we chose the larger glass. My pinot gris was very nice and refreshing. We ordered the apple galette for dessert, and that was a bit disappointing: lots of crust but very little apple. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillieDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant itself is very funky. My chicken was undercooked half way through the breast and the waitress said she would tell the kitchen and nothing happened. Calamari very salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow cooked, so good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014My husband loved his slow cooked baby ribs and I enjoyed my Bombe meatball thoroughly. The toffee macaroons were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solicitous Courteous Wait Staffgood4uDined on 10/3/2014On an exceptionally hot evening, we still had a lovely dining experience. The wait staff did everything possible to assure a positive experience, including suggesting moving as the sun rays peeked through the curtains, and, asking the chef to arrange a vegetarian plate for one in our party. The food was beautifully presented, with unusual combinations that worked well with the exception of the calamari appetizer that one diner said, the calamari was overwhelmed by the flavors of the sauce.Special Features:
- Awful ServiceMillie273VIPDined on 10/2/2014Have now tried Central Market several times...the Service is just awful. This meal was by far the worst. The server was basically a ghost...forcing us to flag him down constantly for wine, food, etc....first time I have stiffed a server. Just awful...just say NO...too many better places to dine.
- Romantic dining, farm freshLisaWDined on 9/28/2014Everything about this restaurant was 5 stars. The food was prepared superbly. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxed. We dined here to celebrate our anniversary. We will definitely return when we are in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different, Interesting, AmazingDobeeDined on 9/27/2014When I first got the menu I was ready to bolt but friends convinced me to try it and get out of my comfort zone. I was so glad I did! We all had amazing food that was not anywhere near ordinary! Everything we ordered was amazing! The service was wonderful. The organic fresh veggies were popping with flavor! The only negative is that it is a bit noisy and the tables are close together but other than that a very fun evening!Special Features:
- great timetasteDined on 9/27/2014Went at 5:00 p.m. on a Saturday, opening time. Had a thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick2000Dined on 9/24/2014Very spacious. Bigger on the inside than it looks and soaring ceilings. Food was excellent too. Definitely a happening place with a noise level to go with it. Food was not on the cheap side. Overall, our party of 6 had a GREAT time and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great Food!KarenDined on 9/24/2014Has been 4 years since I was at dinner here - but it has gotten even better! Highly recommend this restaurant - what a gem in Petaluma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!Love2EatDined on 9/23/2014Central Market has been on my to-do list for some time, and I finally had the opportunity when friends were in town and camping in the Petaluma KOA. They are from southern CA and very well traveled, and all of us thought the food and service were excellent. I will definitely return to try other things on the menu.Special Features:
- DeliciousHeneniDined on 9/23/2014Great food and service. They made a special salad for me because of a diet restriction--which I greatly appreciated!Special Features:
- Service needs to equal foodFoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food is outstanding but the service was lacking. When you are paying top price you expect top service. We waited 15minutes after being seated to be acknowledged. Our wine was never replenished, we had to do it ourselves, and we waited 45 minutes after finishing our entree to get dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, food , but took too longFoodieforeverDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our food, but our server was not engaged-- didn't pour our bottled water we ordered, we had to ask twice for food we ordered... Kitchen took WAY too long between salad and main meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time here, but NOT my lastfoodieshrinkVIPDined on 9/19/2014This definitely will be my go-to spot in Petaluma. So many irresistible-sounding menu options! The food is fresh, delicious, creative. The service adorable. The macaroons took my breath away! I made another reservation on my way out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....patcDined on 9/16/2014unfortunately the wait staff left much to be desired. Our server seemed harried an inattentive. The table busier should not be working in a restaurant..very rude. I expected much higher caliber service for the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- A favoritevoraciousvegeDined on 9/16/2014Whenever I go out to dinner with friends we talk about the great in restaurants in Petaluma, but we inevitably return to Central Market. I haven't eaten anywhere else in months! Tony's food is creative and delicious. He changes up the menu frequently. They make an awesome vegetarian dish for me if I ask, although there's usually something on the menu I like. The service is spot on and I always trust their good wine recommendations. Can't beat the oyster happy hour either!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantocd16Dined on 9/16/2014Great food and service highly recommend would return over and over.Special Features:
- Good balance ....Anna30Dined on 9/14/2014....between fish, meat and vegetables. Especially the veggies are delicious, fresh and served in new and tasty combinations. The bread is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands-down happy!tastebudsmatterDined on 9/13/2014We were 4 adults and 5 teenage girls with discerning palates, and each one of us enjoyed every bite. We ordered tons of small plates and appetizers, and then 6 mains (3 different plates). What we loved most probably is that each dish was distinct one from the other, and from other restaurants' repertoires, with the except being perhaps the watermelon salad. We left with our tummies pleasantly full and our tastebuds most completely sated. We also loved that they were gracious and flexible that we were going to be a little late for the time reserved; they just let us know their outside parameters, which we easily were able to work within.Special Features:
- Amazing farm freshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014This place is amazing freshest ingredients, well presented great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good surpriseGuyGooddayDined on 9/9/2014Endroit fort sympathique type loft. Excellente cuisine, belle carte de vin. le pain est fait par le chef et est un delice. Niveau sonore moyen on peut discuter sans hurler. Je recommande !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was excellent! Great place to celebrate a special Birthday!Special Features:
- Don't miss this amazing placethehungrykittenDined on 9/8/2014First time visiting. The staff offered up some wonderful suggestions which we tried. Was not disappointed. My husband is a picky eater and they allowed him to pick items from different meals to make one of his own. He was in heaven. Everything was wonderful from the food, wine dessert and staff. Not as pricey as I thought. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeWhatatreat2014Dined on 9/7/2014I received a gift certificate from a client, and it was a pleasure to have such a dining experience. We don't typically eat out, and when we do, we don't spend our weekly grocery budget on one meal. I could tell that many regular dining guest visit the place frequently, based on their interactions with the staff. For me, it will be another 10 years for my return, unless I receive another gift certificate :) Just not in our financial budget. Great service, great food! Such a treat to have in Petaluma! Felt like I was back in San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!sedonaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Central Market has very good food. The service was not good when we were there on Sunday. Took forever to get a waitress and then she forgot about us. The oysters were outstanding and so was the watermelon salad. Clams and linguine very good also. A favorite of ours in Petaluma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingTKAdineDined on 9/5/2014Ambience is a bit lacking in that big and noisy room. The room was bustling and very busy, but the big open ceiling and the low lighting and decor just made it seem like you were just setting in a big room. The food was quite good, however, especially the watermelon salad and the pork chop. Many had told us it was an great place. we may try it again some time if we get back to Petaluma.Special Features:
- Always deliciousset11224VIPDined on 9/5/2014I've eaten here frequently and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious delicious deliciousAmyLovesFoodDined on 9/2/2014From the complimentary bread to the entree, all the foods were perfection. One of best bread I've tasted despite being cold! My short ribs entree was delicious. The Au gratin was perfectly cheesy and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally-sourced, quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Not only was the food spectacular, our service was friendly, unobtrusive, and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend this place if you're staying in or passing through Petaluma.Special Features:
- passing throughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014always stop on the way from Dillons Beach; our favorite stop in Petaluma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I wanted for Dinnercpetrillo1Dined on 8/30/2014I wanted to find a place that served Farm to Table and I found it. Food was very delicious, service was above avg but the place was busy. Owner/Chef walking around asking everyone how they were doing (which scored points in my book)... I would definitely returnSpecial Features: