3160 E. Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://centralbistroaz.com/
- Phone: (480) 646-8560
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrea Volpi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Central Bistro
Central Bistro offers classic dishes prepared in a modern way. Our menu is seasonally crafted by renowned chef Chris Mayo; our ingredients are responsibly sourced. Central Bistro has something for everyone: those craving succulent steaks and crave-worthy desserts to those looking for healthier fare, such as farm-fresh salads and oven-baked fish. Our kitchen boasts a wood burning grill and oven used to prepare several of our items and specials. Don't miss our reclaimed wood and carrera marble bar that features an innovative selection of skillfully crafted cocktails made with fresh pressed juices, purees, foams and other fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (42)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (23)special occasion (19)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (15)romantic (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always an enjoyable experienceiapplesDined on 11/22/2014We had a great meal with excellent service. For those who want a quiet experience I would go somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantbbenVIPDined on 11/15/2014Enjoyed every dish we had, all vegetarian selections. Everything was tasty, filled with flavor, and creative. Service was very good and attentive by several servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice spot for date nightsuperstar5131Dined on 11/15/2014The service started out a little slow.. i was the first of four to arrive and i wanted to order some wine while i waited for my husband and our friends to arrive. Once I got someone's attention everything was great from there. We shared the beets and the warm goat cheese. as an appetizer. the beets were a smaller portion than i've seen at other of our favorite spots but it was simple and tasty. The Bolognese was phenomenal and the pizza was a little underdoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great good/serviceCA2AZVIPDined on 11/15/2014You can't go wrong at Central Bistro when it comes to the food and service. They wait on you hand and foot and the food is always amazing. Highly recommend this place for any occasion but great just to stop in for a bite to eat for any reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic and awesome!traveler2014Dined on 11/12/2014reservations easy and seamless, food awesome, service amazing, what else can I say, this place has it all! Thank you for amazing and awesome experience.Special Features:
- More of the same (and that's good!)JonathanVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is a great place when you want a casual meal. Menu is eclectic, so there are plenty of choices. Food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Need Oysters??FoodlvrVIPDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I have found that Central Bistro has wonderful, fresh oysters. They generally have more than one type - sometimes four! They are served with a lovely minuet sauce as well as the seafood sauce. They also serve a small serving of seaweed salad with the oysters. It is an energetic vibe here - but, we do enjoy going their often.Special Features:
- Very disappointed!SherVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have been frequent customers to date. But this time the menu changed and we found significantly less options we would have Unfortunately first I was given what we would deem--a child's portion of "mixed" greens ( for $6.00!). We then asked for a full portion of this salad (and they then charged another $6.00=$12.00!). My sea bass came uncooked in the center and so heavily salted it was absolutely unhealthy ! The manager offered to exchange it for another dish, and I could only think of a bowl of vegetable soup--which I knew had been good since my husband had just ordered it.We received a bill that included everything but the sea bass. We strongly believe we should not have been charged $12.00 for the salad--nor for my soup.
- Great Food Beautiful Place Bad MgmtKingLeoVIPDined on 11/3/2014My wife and I love this place!! The food is always fantastic and the ambiance is great. Whether its daytime and all the very large doors and windows are open, or it's nighttime and the orange bar lights give it warm, energetic feel, the overall place is great!! One big downside is the service is very hit or miss. Due to the significant inconsistency with service, I'll blame this on management. And there is also a lack of mgmt awareness of patrons. For example, it was a beautiful day today, 75 degrees and when we showed up at 1:00 all doors and windows were shut. Also, our table was in full sun and the outside umbrella was shading the hostess, not us. Our waitress realized this and went out and changed it (management was not around).Special Features:
- culinaryhistorianazDined on 10/26/2014Five ladies gathered for brunch at Central Bistro and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our entrees. They were not only delicious but also looked beautiful...like works of "food art." The hostess was very accommodating when we asked to relocate our table to the patio so we could enjoy conversing with each other and not have to listen to the band playing inside. Our waiter was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastepoloDined on 10/25/2014From the first time I ate at Central Bistro I was impressed by how good the food is. They invest a lot of effort and energy to produce quality dishes and the food is just really good. You will find dishes that make you go back there to have them again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We ate here during restaurant week and was sorely disappointed, even though we ordered off the regular menu. This time was a different experience altogether. Our server was attentive, friendly, knowledgeable. The food well prepared and presented. We'll go again.Special Features:
- Try it!AwesomeVIPDined on 10/24/2014Very good restaurant. Been here several times and you have to have the drunken bread. Short of my own fondue, it's awesome!!!!!!!!!! Their pumpkin pie was to die for too, much better than the place down the street who specializes in cheesecakes! So good! Very yummy!!Special Features:
- Always a great time!AzMavVIPDined on 10/23/2014Been coming to Central Bistro for about 6 months and the food has always been great. This is the second time we have had Brian as our server; he is always friendly and helpful, with spot on service. We had a great crab appetizer, as well as beets. The honeycomb with the beets and some type of yogurt or sour cream was amazing. For dinner, the ruby trout and salmon, great dishes both. Margherita pizza was really good and the vegetable entree, very tasty. We have been looking for a regular neighborhood spot and so far, this is an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CA2AZVIPDined on 10/23/2014This is my "go-to-place" when I want to take a client out for a bite to eat or just grab something to eat with friends, as the food is always great and the service too. You can't go wrong with having lunch or dinner here, and great for eating outside when the weather is nice out. I highly recommend this place for the excellent food.Special Features:
- Once Again!GoCarbGirlDined on 10/17/2014My friend and I had just been there a week ago, but wanted another great meal. When Sam, our server, asked if it was our first time there, we simply laughed. He was new to us, but I knew we had been there more than he had! We started with the Borrata and fried green tomatoes, which was so good! We had salmon and the superfood salad--just can't go wrong there! No room for dessert, yet again. Loved our choices of wine by the glass--I love malbec and my friend drinks pino grigio. We left completely sated as usual!Special Features:
- AZDreamerDinesDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Central Bistro three times and am scheduled for yet another dinner with friends. Each time we had something different to eat; each time the food was excellent. The wait staff is delightful, management is concerned and checking out everything in a nice way, the crowd was a little loud but obviously everyone was enjoying the evening. Rave review from me and my friends.Special Features:
- Lunch MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014Stopped in for a quick lunch meeting. Hadn't been to Central Bistro before and had been meaning to try it. I thought it was a great spot! Food was really tasty, service was great. It is maybe slightly on the expensive side for lunch, especially if you want protein in your salad/meal, but other than that, really great. Parking in this lot is always tough - just not enough spots for as much traffic as that center handles, but you can always find a spot after trying a few rows further down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!goldengoddessDined on 9/28/2014I am so happy that I found Central Bistro! It has great food, good location and amazing staff! It has an amazing energy that makes you just want to come here and hang out with friends! I could eat here everyday! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Delicious!EvanDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant is definitely thriving, and it is unusual for a restaurant to have such a loud and energetic atmosphere while also providing top-notch food. The other great thing is that there are plenty of entrees under $20.00, so it is definitely affordable if you are on a budget. That being said, I think all of the mixed drinks were about $9.00 or above, but they are definitely well-crafted and tasty (especially their version of a limoncello). Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Impressive Dinner at Central BistrodaynaDined on 9/26/2014I had friends visiting from out of town and took them to Central Bistro on a Friday night. The food was spectacular and the service was outstanding. Would have preferred a slightly less energetic noise level and the temperature was a little cold but everything we ordered was wonderful and we all agreed we'd return.Special Features:
- Central Bistro: top-notchtamaramcberryDined on 9/25/2014I was entertaining a foodie friend visiting from Chicago. Our waiter, Chris, saw to it that our experience was first rate...from opening martinis to appetizers, wine, dinner and coffees/dessert. Wonderful all the way around. We'll be back.Special Features:
- notafoodieDined on 9/20/2014The waiter was attentive, but when I ordered my drink, a vodka soda, I asked for a lemon & he brought a lime. Also, we both had food that he offered to box up, but he never brought it back to us. The staff was very friendly, but the music was really too loud.Special Features:
- zadieDined on 9/15/2014We celebrated my birthday at Central Bistro and had a delicious dinner. The restaurant is in the Biltmore area and very convenient for us. The wait help is very congenial and attentive but most of all the food was outstanding. I have frequented their other restaurant call Local Bistro and have been very pleased there also. Seems to me that the help is trained thoroughly and they make your dining experience good.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceCarlyDined on 9/13/2014The service is by far amazing. Had multiple people check on us. The drunk bread is too die for. Also, I like how they bring around a tray of fruit, asking what you would like in your water.Special Features:
- Always Delicious!GoCarbGirlDined on 9/12/2014It is a pleasure to know that we can go to Central Bistro any evening and have a wonderful meal! Taking someone out to dinner from out of town can be risky, but CB always comes through--we had great service, yummy food and wine, and it was terrific as usual!Special Features:
- very enjoyableGobzafunVIPDined on 9/7/2014met a friend here for dinner - first time for both and we really enjoyed all of our menu choices. the wood fired artichoke was especially memorable and will come back for that alone!I would recommend this to a friend.
- CA2AZVIPDined on 9/7/2014Always great food and great service. Really enjoy dining here as much as possible as I can count on it always being great.Special Features:
- Pleasantly impressedEagerfoodieDined on 9/6/2014First visit and was pleasantly impressed. There was bad weather that night. Service was very attentive and great.we shared the salad with cheese plate and enjoyed them both. Ruby red trout was excellent as was the spicy crab sphagetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itSPeatsDined on 8/30/2014Everything was wonderful at Central Bistro - loved the oysters, the wine specials, the seared tuna salad! All in all, a great Saturday date night restaurant for us!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great evening here. Our guest from Germany loved the food and was really please with his meal. Our kids were treated very well by the staff.Special Features:
- Central Bistropeanut95Dined on 8/24/2014Had an opportunity to get out to breakfast with some friends at the last minute on a Sunday morning and thought we would pop in. I made a reservation, as I have visited the restaurant on several occasions, and know it is always best if you do reserve ahead of time. The food was amazing as usual and our server was great. She was very prompt to help us upon being seated and also kept visiting us on a regular basis to make sure we didn't need for anything! We really enjoyed our visit....as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but too noisyBavarianChickDined on 8/22/2014I have been to the bistro a couple of times for dinner and while evey one in my group enjoyed the food we all find it too noisy to have a conversation, especially during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousAsimDined on 8/17/2014Great Service! Great Food! Love the Fresh Pastas! Great Appetizers! Divine CocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014great brunch, food and atmosphere were wonderful. The kitchen seemed to be a little overwhelmed the morning we were there,. so there were a couple of snafus. HOWEVER, management more than made up for it, and comped an entree and a side dish. We were not in a hurry, so the extra wait was not bothersome, and they were so gracious. We will definitely go back, the food was amazing, and the venue really nice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceglutenfreeinAZDined on 8/15/2014We had a great time at Central Bistro. I had been in the past for lunch, but we had a great time for dinner. There was a lively, fun feel to the restaurant and our food was wonderful. We split a combination board and a superfood salad - plenty of food. As a gluten-free diner, I was so impressed by the staff's knowledge and care to make sure I was taken care of. Wonderful…. and impressed my out of town dinner guest.Special Features:
- AndyDined on 8/15/2014We have been to the restaurant 2 times. we have tried the scallop risotto and NY strip steak with peppercorn sauce. Both were outstanding. The atmosphere does not meet the prices, It is very loud . . . it is too bad, because the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid, consistent spotclarsen26VIPDined on 8/13/2014Central Bistro has never blown me away with its creativity, but it is good and consistent. An interesting cocktail menu, somewhat basic but tasty fare, and really good service. The Thai steak salad is always good, really enjoyed the roasted beet appetizer and salmon entrée last time I was there. And a great peppercorn NY strip. We got a bottle of wine that had turned, and they were really great about swapping it out.Special Features:
- Still Love it!BiGMaCVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have dined at CB several times... Never disappointed!Special Features:
- YummyTheresaVIPDined on 8/9/2014The newly remodeled Central Bistro is a great neighborhood restaurant. We love to go for dinner whenever we feel too lazy to cook. The food has always been top notch. Parking can be a bit crazy, but its worth it. I've been there for date night. I've been there with my entire family of 5. I've been there as a mom with just two of my teenagers, and it works every time.Special Features: