3160 E. Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://centralbistroaz.com/
- Phone: 4806468560
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Andrea Volpi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Central Bistro
Our menus consist of the Chef’s original creations inspired by authentic Italian and French preparation using the freshest seasonal ingredients available. Our kitchen boasts a wood burning grill used to prepare several of our items and specials. We also have a wood burning pizza oven and make our own fresh pastas daily. After dinner enjoy one of our house made desserts accompanied by an espresso, a cappuccino, a fine port, traditional grappa or a dessert wine or cocktail. Don't miss our reclaimed wood and carrera marble bar that features an innovative selection of skillfully crafted cocktails made with fresh pressed juices, purees, foams and other fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (48)great for lunch (40)great for brunch (32)great for outdoor dining (32)notable wine list (29)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (27)special occasion (25)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (13)romantic (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- Central Bistropeanut95Dined on 8/24/2014Had an opportunity to get out to breakfast with some friends at the last minute on a Sunday morning and thought we would pop in. I made a reservation, as I have visited the restaurant on several occasions, and know it is always best if you do reserve ahead of time. The food was amazing as usual and our server was great. She was very prompt to help us upon being seated and also kept visiting us on a regular basis to make sure we didn't need for anything! We really enjoyed our visit....as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but too noisyBavarianChickDined on 8/22/2014I have been to the bistro a couple of times for dinner and while evey one in my group enjoyed the food we all find it too noisy to have a conversation, especially during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousAsimDined on 8/17/2014Great Service! Great Food! Love the Fresh Pastas! Great Appetizers! Divine CocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014great brunch, food and atmosphere were wonderful. The kitchen seemed to be a little overwhelmed the morning we were there,. so there were a couple of snafus. HOWEVER, management more than made up for it, and comped an entree and a side dish. We were not in a hurry, so the extra wait was not bothersome, and they were so gracious. We will definitely go back, the food was amazing, and the venue really nice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceglutenfreeinAZDined on 8/15/2014We had a great time at Central Bistro. I had been in the past for lunch, but we had a great time for dinner. There was a lively, fun feel to the restaurant and our food was wonderful. We split a combination board and a superfood salad - plenty of food. As a gluten-free diner, I was so impressed by the staff's knowledge and care to make sure I was taken care of. Wonderful…. and impressed my out of town dinner guest.Special Features:
- AndyDined on 8/15/2014We have been to the restaurant 2 times. we have tried the scallop risotto and NY strip steak with peppercorn sauce. Both were outstanding. The atmosphere does not meet the prices, It is very loud . . . it is too bad, because the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid, consistent spotclarsen26VIPDined on 8/13/2014Central Bistro has never blown me away with its creativity, but it is good and consistent. An interesting cocktail menu, somewhat basic but tasty fare, and really good service. The Thai steak salad is always good, really enjoyed the roasted beet appetizer and salmon entrée last time I was there. And a great peppercorn NY strip. We got a bottle of wine that had turned, and they were really great about swapping it out.Special Features:
- Still Love it!BiGMaCVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have dined at CB several times... Never disappointed!Special Features:
- YummyTheresaVIPDined on 8/9/2014The newly remodeled Central Bistro is a great neighborhood restaurant. We love to go for dinner whenever we feel too lazy to cook. The food has always been top notch. Parking can be a bit crazy, but its worth it. I've been there for date night. I've been there with my entire family of 5. I've been there as a mom with just two of my teenagers, and it works every time.Special Features:
- Outstanding LunchlovegoodfoodDined on 8/6/2014I enjoy Central Bistro for business lunch meetings as well as personal lunches and dinners. I can always be assured that the food will be outstanding and the service is top notch. The location is so convenient and the interior of the restaurant is inviting. I usually eat at Central Bistro 2 or 3 times per month and enjoy it every time. Everyone that I have introduced to Central Bistro has always indicated that they enjoyed the restaurant enough to return with their family, friends and business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findNephromaniaDined on 8/2/2014We have been here twice in the past 2 weeks and have had great meals. Servers kept an eye on the tables to make sure that all of our needs were met. Only complaint was that the noise level is a little high owing to all the hard surfaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central Bistro 1st Time 8/1miglizDined on 8/1/2014Good service and food. Only drawback is noise level, very noisy. One way around it is to go for dinner later, like 8PMSpecial Features:
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Another Amazing Dinner at Central Bistro! We will see you again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceGigi7Dined on 7/26/2014Very pleased with the service from entrance, bar and dinner table. Great selection of menu items, speciality bar drinks and wine list. There is only one negative - noise level is high. Don't plan on an intimate conversation. Given we were celebrating a special occasion with another couple, I requested a corner table - away from the center of the room. This definitely helped. Will be back for the food and service, but not for a quiet ambience.Special Features:
- Great impressions are made here.EnjoyingLifeDined on 7/20/2014My date and I were here for the first time and enjoyed the ambience of Central Bistro, along with the live band, the menu selections, quality of food and the attentiveness of the staff. We will return sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsVIPDined on 7/16/2014Mac and cheese was disappointing, last time I had it it was much better. Also noise level is too loudSpecial Features:
- We Made of Meal of the AppetizersLetseatDined on 7/9/2014We went for drinks and appetizers. The charcuterie and cheese board was very good, with the star of the show being their yummy house-made flatbread. The grilled artichokes were so-so, but the fried green tomatoes with burratta cheese and the tuna tartare were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014it was great, food service and final charges... not excessiveSpecial Features:
- Quiet Lunch13platesVIPDined on 7/7/2014Though restaurants not might like it, summer in Phoenix allows us locals to enjoy a peaceful, quiet lunch while Zonies are off vacationing. The food was no less stellar however. The Superfood Salad was fresh and filling...love that quinoa and date bits. My lunch mate ordered it with chicken which was tender, juicy and cooked in a healthy way. Chris' service was pleasant and helpful. As this was a working lunch, he noticed we were a bit crowded and suggested we scoot to a larger table which was nicely accommodating. You can count on this place to be worth the visit. By the way, the Bistro kitchen is open for late night eats, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-To Dinner SpotSusanDined on 6/25/2014Central Bistro is a neighborhood obvious choice for us. The ambiance, service, and food are all dependably great. The bar has a cool vibe and when the weather is mild, sitting outdoors is a real treat. Artichoke appetizer fabulous, drunken bread for a crowd is fun. My favorite thing on the menu is the salmon. It comes out perfectly prepared each and every time - skin on one side of the filet is potato chip crisp, and the salmon is always cooked perfectly well, still moist and slightly translucent, never too dry. I have it on/accompanying any salad. ALL salads are wonderful, as are the pastas, and pizza margarita is lovely.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseHappyDinerDined on 6/21/2014I took my husband to Central Bistro to celebrate his birthday and quickly realized it was a good choice. Our waiter, Andy, was fantastic and had terrific recommendations. The wine list is generous and reasonably priced. My husband chose the day's special, porchetta, and raved about the dish. The desserts were very good, especially the bread pudding which is made with pieces of chocolate cake. This is definitely going to be one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food and great service. Can't go wrong with eating at this local place in the Biltmore neighborhood.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surprise!!Lookin4agemVIPDined on 6/7/2014My daughter picked this restaurant and we were so happy she did. We went for brunch and when we arrived we were seated right away. First of all I noticed you are not crowded in the tables and booths are spaced very well so you have some privacy and also the noise factor was down. We had two servers that were excellent and very attentive and so was the manager checking on us from time to time. I ordered the corn pancakes and they were absolutely delicious and the portion was enormus. Another nice touch was they had cold water bottles at the table so you didn't have to keep asking for water. It was also nice not be rushed or pressured not to leave right away after the meal. We absolutely loved it and plan on going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SusieTVIPDined on 6/6/2014I met three friends for happy hour and loved the new summer menu! The grapefruit margarita is one of the best margaritas I have had in a long time! This is my second time to central bistro and I will be back for sure. Only negative is the parking situation. Not enough parking for a grocery and several popular restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!PaulDined on 6/3/2014Central Bistro is the sister to Local Bistro in North Scottsdale. Both are outstanding with their menus and overall dining experience. I highly recommend the Scallop Risotto at Central.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Difference a Day MakesTommyGDined on 6/1/2014Having had such positive experiences in the past I had to revisit CB to see if my last visit was an anomaly or if they were indeed slipping. Well, not to worry, they must just have been having a less than perfect day last time. Today's brunch was back to top-shelf dining. The appetizer meat and cheese board was carefully assembled of delicious components, and artistically laid out. Entrees were perfectly cooked and appealingly presented. Best of all, the server made their fantastic French press coffee perfectly, and when the carafe ran dry, it was immediately replaced with a fresh one. No matter what it costs, it's worth it! I heard someone at a table next to me say, "Everything is so good here." I couldn't agree more.Special Features:
- persnicketyDined on 5/30/2014An overcooked steak was immediately replaced and with perfection and apologies. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ear Splitting Noise Levelluv2eatDined on 5/29/2014The ambience is lovely, the food is decent and the prices are okay but the noise is unbearable. We were a party of five and literally had to scream a conversation. We were placed in a semi-booth which was the quietest part of the place but that didn't even help much at all. That being said, if you want to be able to speak with your dining partners about almost anything, don't come to dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsJillwilDined on 5/23/2014I took my son and his girlfriend to Central Bistro during Restaurant Week because they had a very nice menu. Central Bistro is about 1/2 mile from my house, so it seemed like a great choice. Our server, Thomas, was excellent in helping us pick out a very nice cabernet sauvignon wine. He brought me as many tastings as I needed to pick just the right one. We each started with a cocktail, and we were all very pleased with our choices. My son had a manhattan, his girlfriend had the Mule of Thyme, and I had the Basil Martini. Yum. I had the roasted chicken from the Restaurant Week menu, my son had the pork ribs, and his girlfriend had Steak Frites. All was wonderful. Then we shared the key lime pie and Lemon Ricotta Torte. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJD15VIPDined on 5/22/2014Love the menu variety and the food. Sat outside which was very nice. Only complaint is the music they play. Was there on Thursday night and this definitely needs work.
- Restaurant Week BustOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2014The restaurant week menu was so uninspired, we stuck with the menu.The housemade tagliatelle was perfectly cooked...high point of the meal. The short rib sauce had little taste, the bolognese was better, which surprised us. Arugula salad bland, with 3 crumbles of goat cheese and 3 slices of pear. Very sad. The caesar salad was better. Service was ho-hum. Very bright room, but lack of customers made it moderate at best. Very disappointing. Should have walked across the parking lot to Noca, where I'm quite sure was packed for a very good reason.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesKingLeoVIPDined on 5/20/2014The Kale and Sausage pasta is one of our favorite meals anywhere. Add the Steak Frites and the seafood tower and you're in business. And to go, one of the best pepperoni pizzas. We love this place. The service can sometimes be slow. As many times as we've been there and the management still doesn't say hi. But we love it anyway! Great job chef and restaurant designer.Special Features:
- Exceptional!rhondavipVIPDined on 5/18/2014You just can't go wrong here. My husband and I met another couple for dinner.We each ordered different entree's and they were all excellent for us picky foodies. Loved the grilled artichoke appetizers. I ordered the filet with foie gras which melted in my mouth. My husband ordered the black linguini with generous portions of fresh seafood. The service was excellent & friendly & our order came out timely. The strawberry muddled Moscow Mules were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer-will definitely returnAndreaKPhoenixDined on 5/18/2014We went to Centra Bistro for a delayed Mother's Day dinner. Mid-Sunday afternoon, but lively scene. Great food, excellent service, terrific menu. A bit noisy, but that's because it's a popular place, and we had an out-of-the-way table. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soRestaurant7Dined on 5/17/2014Most of the main courses were very bland . Amount of food on the appetizer plates is somewhat limited for sharing.Special Features:
- Quickly becoming our favoritetdmedallionDined on 5/17/2014Was hooked on Local Bistro in north Scottsdale and now torn between the two. Love them both. Take people there frequently and never had a less than outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As It Used To BeTommyGDined on 5/17/2014The previous times I have eaten here exceeded my expectations every time. There was always something "special" about the food, the service, or the ambiance. Not so much this time. Not that it wasn't good, just not great as previous experience taught me to expect. What was previously spectacularly rich French press aromatic coffee, was common drip, served from a thermal carafe. When I asked about the French press I was used to, I was told that it was "too much trouble during Saturday brunch," but the server would make it for me anyway. Apparently, he hadn't been schooled in how, because it was weak and lacking in flavor. The omelet was perfect however, but a croissant I ordered was tasty, but "flat." It just seems as if the "spark" is gone.Special Features:
- very goodJim7VIPDined on 5/13/2014Menu was interesting and food was v. good. Service was also v. good. Bar was v. good and service there was great. So, go and have some fun. No negatives and I'm pretty picky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable Mother's Day!bornluckyDined on 5/11/2014We have dined at Central Bistro many times, but this was our first brunch experience. The food was amazing-as usual-and the service was great. We brought my mother-in-law who had never been before and she had a lovely time. Everyone who stopped by the table wished her a Happy Mother's Day even if they were just picking up empty plates or filling water glasses. We love sitting on the bar side-it's so open & bright. Still one of our favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day successnoloveDined on 5/11/2014Nice atmosphere and casual yet special dining experience! The food was great and our server was attentive and pleasant. Brunch had a nice selection to choose from. Making a reservation was oh so convenient with open table. Overall this place is a great find and the menu makes your mouth water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.