3160 E. Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://centralbistroaz.com/
- Phone: 4806468560
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Andrea Volpi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Central Bistro
Our menus consist of the Chef’s original creations inspired by authentic Italian and French preparation using the freshest seasonal ingredients available. Our kitchen boasts a wood burning grill used to prepare several of our items and specials. We also have a wood burning pizza oven and make our own fresh pastas daily. After dinner enjoy one of our house made desserts accompanied by an espresso, a cappuccino, a fine port, traditional grappa or a dessert wine or cocktail. Don't miss our reclaimed wood and carrera marble bar that features an innovative selection of skillfully crafted cocktails made with fresh pressed juices, purees, foams and other fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (20)special occasion (17)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (15)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)romantic (8)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Once Again!GoCarbGirlDined on 10/17/2014My friend and I had just been there a week ago, but wanted another great meal. When Sam, our server, asked if it was our first time there, we simply laughed. He was new to us, but I knew we had been there more than he had! We started with the Borrata and fried green tomatoes, which was so good! We had salmon and the superfood salad--just can't go wrong there! No room for dessert, yet again. Loved our choices of wine by the glass--I love malbec and my friend drinks pino grigio. We left completely sated as usual!Special Features:
- AZDreamerDinesDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Central Bistro three times and am scheduled for yet another dinner with friends. Each time we had something different to eat; each time the food was excellent. The wait staff is delightful, management is concerned and checking out everything in a nice way, the crowd was a little loud but obviously everyone was enjoying the evening. Rave review from me and my friends.Special Features:
- Lunch MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014Stopped in for a quick lunch meeting. Hadn't been to Central Bistro before and had been meaning to try it. I thought it was a great spot! Food was really tasty, service was great. It is maybe slightly on the expensive side for lunch, especially if you want protein in your salad/meal, but other than that, really great. Parking in this lot is always tough - just not enough spots for as much traffic as that center handles, but you can always find a spot after trying a few rows further down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!goldengoddessDined on 9/28/2014I am so happy that I found Central Bistro! It has great food, good location and amazing staff! It has an amazing energy that makes you just want to come here and hang out with friends! I could eat here everyday! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Delicious!EvanDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant is definitely thriving, and it is unusual for a restaurant to have such a loud and energetic atmosphere while also providing top-notch food. The other great thing is that there are plenty of entrees under $20.00, so it is definitely affordable if you are on a budget. That being said, I think all of the mixed drinks were about $9.00 or above, but they are definitely well-crafted and tasty (especially their version of a limoncello). Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Impressive Dinner at Central BistrodaynaDined on 9/26/2014I had friends visiting from out of town and took them to Central Bistro on a Friday night. The food was spectacular and the service was outstanding. Would have preferred a slightly less energetic noise level and the temperature was a little cold but everything we ordered was wonderful and we all agreed we'd return.Special Features:
- Central Bistro: top-notchtamaramcberryDined on 9/25/2014I was entertaining a foodie friend visiting from Chicago. Our waiter, Chris, saw to it that our experience was first rate...from opening martinis to appetizers, wine, dinner and coffees/dessert. Wonderful all the way around. We'll be back.Special Features:
- notafoodieDined on 9/20/2014The waiter was attentive, but when I ordered my drink, a vodka soda, I asked for a lemon & he brought a lime. Also, we both had food that he offered to box up, but he never brought it back to us. The staff was very friendly, but the music was really too loud.Special Features:
- zadieDined on 9/15/2014We celebrated my birthday at Central Bistro and had a delicious dinner. The restaurant is in the Biltmore area and very convenient for us. The wait help is very congenial and attentive but most of all the food was outstanding. I have frequented their other restaurant call Local Bistro and have been very pleased there also. Seems to me that the help is trained thoroughly and they make your dining experience good.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceCarlyDined on 9/13/2014The service is by far amazing. Had multiple people check on us. The drunk bread is too die for. Also, I like how they bring around a tray of fruit, asking what you would like in your water.Special Features:
- Always Delicious!GoCarbGirlDined on 9/12/2014It is a pleasure to know that we can go to Central Bistro any evening and have a wonderful meal! Taking someone out to dinner from out of town can be risky, but CB always comes through--we had great service, yummy food and wine, and it was terrific as usual!Special Features:
- very enjoyableGobzafunVIPDined on 9/7/2014met a friend here for dinner - first time for both and we really enjoyed all of our menu choices. the wood fired artichoke was especially memorable and will come back for that alone!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014Always great food and great service. Really enjoy dining here as much as possible as I can count on it always being great.Special Features:
- Pleasantly impressedEagerfoodieDined on 9/6/2014First visit and was pleasantly impressed. There was bad weather that night. Service was very attentive and great.we shared the salad with cheese plate and enjoyed them both. Ruby red trout was excellent as was the spicy crab sphagetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itSPeatsDined on 8/30/2014Everything was wonderful at Central Bistro - loved the oysters, the wine specials, the seared tuna salad! All in all, a great Saturday date night restaurant for us!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great evening here. Our guest from Germany loved the food and was really please with his meal. Our kids were treated very well by the staff.Special Features:
- Central Bistropeanut95Dined on 8/24/2014Had an opportunity to get out to breakfast with some friends at the last minute on a Sunday morning and thought we would pop in. I made a reservation, as I have visited the restaurant on several occasions, and know it is always best if you do reserve ahead of time. The food was amazing as usual and our server was great. She was very prompt to help us upon being seated and also kept visiting us on a regular basis to make sure we didn't need for anything! We really enjoyed our visit....as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but too noisyBavarianChickDined on 8/22/2014I have been to the bistro a couple of times for dinner and while evey one in my group enjoyed the food we all find it too noisy to have a conversation, especially during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousAsimDined on 8/17/2014Great Service! Great Food! Love the Fresh Pastas! Great Appetizers! Divine CocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014great brunch, food and atmosphere were wonderful. The kitchen seemed to be a little overwhelmed the morning we were there,. so there were a couple of snafus. HOWEVER, management more than made up for it, and comped an entree and a side dish. We were not in a hurry, so the extra wait was not bothersome, and they were so gracious. We will definitely go back, the food was amazing, and the venue really nice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceglutenfreeinAZDined on 8/15/2014We had a great time at Central Bistro. I had been in the past for lunch, but we had a great time for dinner. There was a lively, fun feel to the restaurant and our food was wonderful. We split a combination board and a superfood salad - plenty of food. As a gluten-free diner, I was so impressed by the staff's knowledge and care to make sure I was taken care of. Wonderful…. and impressed my out of town dinner guest.Special Features:
- AndyDined on 8/15/2014We have been to the restaurant 2 times. we have tried the scallop risotto and NY strip steak with peppercorn sauce. Both were outstanding. The atmosphere does not meet the prices, It is very loud . . . it is too bad, because the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid, consistent spotclarsen26VIPDined on 8/13/2014Central Bistro has never blown me away with its creativity, but it is good and consistent. An interesting cocktail menu, somewhat basic but tasty fare, and really good service. The Thai steak salad is always good, really enjoyed the roasted beet appetizer and salmon entrée last time I was there. And a great peppercorn NY strip. We got a bottle of wine that had turned, and they were really great about swapping it out.Special Features:
- Still Love it!BiGMaCVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have dined at CB several times... Never disappointed!Special Features:
- YummyTheresaVIPDined on 8/9/2014The newly remodeled Central Bistro is a great neighborhood restaurant. We love to go for dinner whenever we feel too lazy to cook. The food has always been top notch. Parking can be a bit crazy, but its worth it. I've been there for date night. I've been there with my entire family of 5. I've been there as a mom with just two of my teenagers, and it works every time.Special Features:
- Outstanding LunchlovegoodfoodDined on 8/6/2014I enjoy Central Bistro for business lunch meetings as well as personal lunches and dinners. I can always be assured that the food will be outstanding and the service is top notch. The location is so convenient and the interior of the restaurant is inviting. I usually eat at Central Bistro 2 or 3 times per month and enjoy it every time. Everyone that I have introduced to Central Bistro has always indicated that they enjoyed the restaurant enough to return with their family, friends and business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findNephromaniaDined on 8/2/2014We have been here twice in the past 2 weeks and have had great meals. Servers kept an eye on the tables to make sure that all of our needs were met. Only complaint was that the noise level is a little high owing to all the hard surfaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central Bistro 1st Time 8/1miglizDined on 8/1/2014Good service and food. Only drawback is noise level, very noisy. One way around it is to go for dinner later, like 8PMSpecial Features:
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Another Amazing Dinner at Central Bistro! We will see you again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceGigi7Dined on 7/26/2014Very pleased with the service from entrance, bar and dinner table. Great selection of menu items, speciality bar drinks and wine list. There is only one negative - noise level is high. Don't plan on an intimate conversation. Given we were celebrating a special occasion with another couple, I requested a corner table - away from the center of the room. This definitely helped. Will be back for the food and service, but not for a quiet ambience.Special Features:
- Great impressions are made here.EnjoyingLifeDined on 7/20/2014My date and I were here for the first time and enjoyed the ambience of Central Bistro, along with the live band, the menu selections, quality of food and the attentiveness of the staff. We will return sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsVIPDined on 7/16/2014Mac and cheese was disappointing, last time I had it it was much better. Also noise level is too loudSpecial Features:
- We Made of Meal of the AppetizersLetseatDined on 7/9/2014We went for drinks and appetizers. The charcuterie and cheese board was very good, with the star of the show being their yummy house-made flatbread. The grilled artichokes were so-so, but the fried green tomatoes with burratta cheese and the tuna tartare were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014it was great, food service and final charges... not excessiveSpecial Features:
- Quiet Lunch13platesVIPDined on 7/7/2014Though restaurants not might like it, summer in Phoenix allows us locals to enjoy a peaceful, quiet lunch while Zonies are off vacationing. The food was no less stellar however. The Superfood Salad was fresh and filling...love that quinoa and date bits. My lunch mate ordered it with chicken which was tender, juicy and cooked in a healthy way. Chris' service was pleasant and helpful. As this was a working lunch, he noticed we were a bit crowded and suggested we scoot to a larger table which was nicely accommodating. You can count on this place to be worth the visit. By the way, the Bistro kitchen is open for late night eats, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-To Dinner SpotSusanVIPDined on 6/25/2014Central Bistro is a neighborhood obvious choice for us. The ambiance, service, and food are all dependably great. The bar has a cool vibe and when the weather is mild, sitting outdoors is a real treat. Artichoke appetizer fabulous, drunken bread for a crowd is fun. My favorite thing on the menu is the salmon. It comes out perfectly prepared each and every time - skin on one side of the filet is potato chip crisp, and the salmon is always cooked perfectly well, still moist and slightly translucent, never too dry. I have it on/accompanying any salad. ALL salads are wonderful, as are the pastas, and pizza margarita is lovely.Special Features:
- The following 276 reviews are from the Central Bistro reviews archive.
- Wonderful surpriseHappyDinerDined on 6/21/2014I took my husband to Central Bistro to celebrate his birthday and quickly realized it was a good choice. Our waiter, Andy, was fantastic and had terrific recommendations. The wine list is generous and reasonably priced. My husband chose the day's special, porchetta, and raved about the dish. The desserts were very good, especially the bread pudding which is made with pieces of chocolate cake. This is definitely going to be one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food and great service. Can't go wrong with eating at this local place in the Biltmore neighborhood.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surprise!!Lookin4agemVIPDined on 6/7/2014My daughter picked this restaurant and we were so happy she did. We went for brunch and when we arrived we were seated right away. First of all I noticed you are not crowded in the tables and booths are spaced very well so you have some privacy and also the noise factor was down. We had two servers that were excellent and very attentive and so was the manager checking on us from time to time. I ordered the corn pancakes and they were absolutely delicious and the portion was enormus. Another nice touch was they had cold water bottles at the table so you didn't have to keep asking for water. It was also nice not be rushed or pressured not to leave right away after the meal. We absolutely loved it and plan on going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SusieTVIPDined on 6/6/2014I met three friends for happy hour and loved the new summer menu! The grapefruit margarita is one of the best margaritas I have had in a long time! This is my second time to central bistro and I will be back for sure. Only negative is the parking situation. Not enough parking for a grocery and several popular restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.