Central Bistro and Bar
1691 Central St
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Central Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.centralbistrobar.com/
- Phone: 3034774582x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wed-Fri 11am-2pm
Brunch: Saturday 10 am- 2pm & Sunday 10am-9pm
Dinner Tues-Sat 2pm-10pm Sunday til 9pm
Complimentary Valet Thursday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Strong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We love a good party and are happy to accommodate large groups as well as partial and full buyouts. We will work with you to create a great menu and a memorable experience for your corporate, family or special event.
- Private Party Contact: Seth Murty 303-477-4582x
A word from Central Bistro and Bar
Opened in the summer of 2012 in Denver’s LoHi Neighborhood, Central is an American Bistro and Bar focusing on the fine presentation of dishes that draw upon the heritage of American classics. The 70-seat space is contemporary yet rustic in feel and has been carefully curated with both modern materials and vintage neighborhood finds. The patio and bar offer an unmatched view of the city's skyline, and the restaurant is open for lunch, brunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Central Bistro and Bar - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Central Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (34)scenic view (33)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)great for brunch (13)special occasion (12)notable wine list (11)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dare NightDenverEaterVIPDined on 8/13/2014CENTRAL is a great date place. Upscale feel but casual enough to look like you aren't trying to hard. Great food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Views, and ServiceLoHiFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Scallop dish was PERFECT, as was the pork chop with curry fried rice. Our waiter was phenomenal and we had a great evening. The outside patio was well kept, had a killer view, and the atmosphere created by the decor and flowers was ideal.Special Features:
- Great service and great food!SuburbanfoodiesDined on 8/2/2014Everything that we tried was amazing - from the house-made tonic to the perfectly cooked duck breast! We really enjoyed the clam pizzetti that we got as an appetizer. It was light and flavorful. Our server felt the need to apologize for the wait for the entree (not necessary at all, by the way! We didn't even notice the big group ahead of us), so he brought us a few amuse-bouches of some sort of cured meat. When our entrees arrived, we were not disappointed. The crispy chicken and the duck breast were both very juicy and delicious. We ended the meal by clearing our palates with a tasty lime basil sorbet. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal in a scenic setting.trvl2mchDined on 8/1/2014The halibut was delicious and my son said his pork chop was very good. The view of downtown Denver is great, but parking in that area is a little sparse. Some good beer selections on the menu, although many are rather high ABV, but they were noted as such on the menu.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE!merkyraeDined on 7/26/2014I recently brought my daughter here on her first visit to Denver. It was one of the few places with a view! I asked for a table with a view and they accommodated and made us feel special. The service was outstanding form the hostess to the cocktail waitress. The food was good and arrived very quickly. I would highly recommend Central. It was raining but the patio looked fun! Looks like a great place for drinks too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceSkierDined on 7/18/2014Second time at Central - great food and reasonably priced. Go if you like whiskey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightdiningDined on 7/18/2014We had an outstanding dinner with great food and drinks. Our waiter was attentive and gave us good recommendations. We enjoyed dining outside on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, slow nightmontageVIPDined on 7/16/2014we love this place, but Wednesday night was tough with heavy rains and a crowed room. the server was slow. bread came very late, waters were not refilled, and the food delivery was slow. food was great, but the crew was just a little off. none the less we will returnSpecial Features:
- Nice!DavidDined on 7/15/2014We went here because we bought a coupon through Denver Daily Deals for a whiskey tasting event. The whiskey list was fairly large, as was the wine list. We got a cheese and meat plate to nibble at while we sampled a couple different whiskey flights. The meat/cheese plate was very good, complete with fruit, bread, crackers, stone ground mustard, and onion jam, among other things. Overall it was a very enjoyable evening. The coupon made it an excellent value but I would definitely return here again even without a coupon. The food, service, and ambiance were all good.Special Features:
- Great patio and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Lovely evening on the patio. Wonderful dinners for all three of us (the lamb, the steak with chimichurri sauce and the mussels). The Brussels sprouts alone were worth the trip. The carrot soup needed a little more pizazz, but was good.Special Features:
- Great Date SpotNickDined on 7/11/2014Good food, drinks, and atmosphere. Amazing view of Denver and a fun bright place to have a date!Special Features:
- Fantastic Stafftombobbi1Dined on 7/5/2014We arrived for our 1pm brunch. We were greeted with a smile. Had wonderful service. Great food. Loved the whiskey flights. Especially enjoyed the time the bartender took in explaining each individual whiskey. Our waitress was exceptional and very patient with all of our questions. We never felt pressured to leave so we had a very casual dining experience. After our meal we asked to see the dinner menu and discussed some of the options with our waitress. We felt that the prices and options were very good and it is our plan to return to Central Street Bistro to try out their dinner menu. Even though we had our brunch on the patio, we did check out the inside dining area also. It was very nice. Even the washrooms were very clean & maintainedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephVIPDined on 7/4/2014On the 4th of July no less, it was super busy and yet the staff was outstanding. We made our reservations too late to get patio seating but we were given a table right by the window overlooking downtown. Saw dueling fireworks from Coors field, Elitches and Mile Hi. And, of course the food was perfect as you would expect from a Matt Selby operation. A totally terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenominal experiencekym2Dined on 7/4/2014My out of town guests and I were entertained not only by the band but also our waiter. He had great suggestions on beverages and food. He made sure we enjoyed out entire dinning experience. We will absolutely be making this a repeat event.Special Features:
- Superb PlacefarmboyDined on 7/3/2014We were looking for a place with an outside patio so we could observe downtown and the fireworks at the baseball park. Not only is Central Bistro an excellent place with a view of downtown, the food is exceptional, especially the scallops and the mac and cheese. The topper of the evening was the desserts, notably the sweet corn ice cream. After four days the dining experience still lingers in our minds as one-of-a-kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favorite PlaceAlieEatsVIPDined on 7/3/2014I've been to Central Bistro and Bar several times now. The menu is eclectic and delicious (never a bad dish)! Service was fantastic. The sweet corn ice cream was amazing - highly recommended.Special Features:
- montageVIPDined on 6/29/2014always charming. a wonderful warm team, a great room, and awesome food. this was my first sunday brunch and was just perfect.Special Features:
- This is the placeCharcutermanDined on 6/27/2014Central Bistro has the best brusselsprouts dish in Denver. Period. Also, everything else they have on the menu is delicious and unique. They also have a notable whiskey list and a lot of fun cocktails you can't find anywhere else.Special Features:
- Drinks come out after foodAllisonDined on 6/20/2014We didn't get our drinks till after we finished our foodSpecial Features:
- Flavor Combining - Well Done!Food4LifeDined on 6/20/2014Central's menu had exactly what I was needing in a restaurant--clean eating, food allergy friendly, and fit for a foodie. Everything we ordered was absolutely amazing!!! The flatbread was popular with the group. I had the brussel sprouts, unbelievable combination of flavors. Main course was halibut for myself and 2 others. We all found it to be superb, again the combination of flavors - pickled watermelon, sunflower seed sprouts, pistachio-arugula pesto (no parm!!), made this dish delicious. Of course we had to try dessert! My favorite was the chocolate graham, peanut butter, marshmallow dish..really wished we had ordered another, it was that good. The others indulged happily with the waffle nutella banana option. MUST try bourbon flights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulCathyB4545Dined on 6/14/2014We couldn't have asked for better food or service! Bar was hopping with a ten year reunion, so not quiet or intimate, but it has been previously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- come on - toasted white bread?foodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014While the chicken sandwich at lunch was very good, it would be best on the home made bun served with the hamburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for an OccasionCaitDined on 6/6/2014The staff at Central takes excellent care of groups, both small or large. Our most recent experience there was as good as ever. The smoked salmon appetizer with dill was exceptional, and our server offered great recommendations for wine and entrees. The group was happy and comfortable- so much so that we stayed for hours!Special Features:
- Bottomless MimosasLove2EatDined on 6/1/2014If you get the chance to visit this neighborhood gem I would highly recommend it. The location, food and service was some of the best that I have had in a long time. I got to meet up with an old college friend that I haven't seen in a very long time. Every member of the staff was amazing and provided us with top-notch service. The food was well prepared and the homemade potato chips were amazing. We went for the $10 bottomless mimosas, which was probably not the best idea I have ever had, but the service staff kept them coming and we had a very enjoyable time. We sat and caught up for hours and never once felt unwelcome or that anyone wanted us to leave.Special Features:
- Great food!TammyDined on 5/30/2014We ate at Central Bistro for my birthday. The food is healthy, delicious, and contains unique ingredients. I had the lamb loin and it was outstanding. The cook was also able to accommodate my many food intolerances. Be aware that the portion sizes are small and the prices are high, but justifiable, for the quality of food. The service was a little slow, but it gives you time to enjoy looking at the downtown skyline. Complimentary valet service is also provided.Special Features:
- TBearVIPDined on 5/30/2014Nice food, nice service, little atmosphere. Overall, nothing special. There are more interesting places in the same price range.
- Not as good as I had hopedalibeeDined on 5/28/2014I was very excited to try Central Bistro and Bar, but perhaps that made my expectations too high. We were seated inside when almost everyone else was seated outside. I prefer inside, but it made it difficult to get service because the staff was constantly outside. The food was ok - the brussel sprouts were undercooked and hard to eat (I've had much better versions of this dish at Ignite and Uncle). The mac and cheese was very good though. We also ordered the lobster flatbread (aka pizza) which was quite disappointing - the combination of flavors was just bizarre and no one in my party had more than one bite. Central didn't even come close to meeting my expectations.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchGaryDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful service and good food but about $5 to $10 overpriced per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Mothers DayNewYorkerDined on 5/11/2014Friendly, interested staff who cared about your experience. Food was good but poorly presented. Expensive for the selections offered. Wait staff offered tasty appetizers. A Mother's Day gift card and a chocolate covered strawberry was a very nice surprise. I would like to go back and try a meal from the menu instead of the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceKrs10Dined on 5/9/2014I have nothing but the highest recommendation for Central Bistro and bar. A bit pricey, but worth every dime. I will defiantly be a repeat costumer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Service was friendly and wonderful. Also knowledgeable staff. Enjoyed the evening. A little bit on the pricey side but no regrets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Central Bistro and Bar reviews archive.
- JoanneDined on 4/20/2014You never know what you'll wind up with when it comes to buffet brunches on major "brunch holidays" like Easter, Mother's Day, etc. But the one at Central Bistro was very good ... a well-edited menu that included the usual omelet and carving stations (ham was excellent!), plus a well-stocked shrimp and lox station! (Other restaurants where we have had Easter brunch either didn't have these two items, or only allowed miniscule servings ... when Central Bistro says "all you can eat," it's with no restrictions, LOL!). Everything was fresh and tasty. This was our first visit to Central and we look forward to returning when the regular menu is in effect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchDenverDinerDined on 4/20/2014Huge difference between Easter brunch this year versus last year. Brunch selections were fewer, omelets were good, but the rest of the menu was just okay. Nothing amazing or fit for a foodie. The SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE. Everyone from the hostess to our several waiters looked (and acted) unhappy. It was kind of a depressing atmosphere. Won't go back.
- Central Bistro consistently greatMilkDined on 4/17/2014Central does not fail to deliver exceptionally great food at a fair price. The service is also standout, you can tell the staff really wants to work there. I will return...Special Features:
- Flavor CentralCheechDined on 4/5/2014With one of the best views of downtown Denver, Chef Matt Selby & his team provide a delicious dining experience for all. The Brussels sprouts are to-die-for, the service is on point, and the complimentary valet doesn't hurt either! I can't wait to create many more memories at Central this spring & summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMarcVIPDined on 4/4/2014A nice mix of a bar, fine dining restaurant, and casual stop, Central Bistro has terrific service, an outstanding view of the downtown skyline, and a warm and energetic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our spotCharcutermanDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I love this restaurant. We've always been treated with excellent service, and the food is incredible. We love eating here, and we even had our wedding reception there. Central is so great! Get the brusselsprouts appetizer, you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunch!TrishWS13VIPDined on 3/30/2014Great eats and excellent service! You must start with the Carrot Ginger juice fortified with your favorite alcoholic beverage. Lighter than I thought it would be and naturally sweet and spicy. Server said their menu had just been adjusted to the season. So many good things listed, it was very hard to choose! We ended up going with the Spanish Tortilla and Chicken Hash; both were exceptional in every way. Especially love the explosion of flavor that comes from the garnishments: for our dishes it was the tart olives with the tortilla and the pickled shallots with the hash. Excellent coffee, too, from the local purveyor next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Awesome!Sky5000Dined on 3/29/2014We absolutely loved this place! We went to celebrate our 3 year Anniversary, and they treated us like gold. It was our first time trying this place out, but I guarantee that this will be one of our regular spots from now on. They started us out with a complimentary glass of Champagne to celebrate, and it just got better from there. The smoked salmon and Lamb Rillettes were perfect - and they perfectly complimented each other. Her scallops were cooked perfectly, and the flavors were spot on. I tried the Carbonara. It was also great, with the small exception that my poached egg was slightly overcooked. However, the lemon olive oil cake and lemon ice cream dessert pretty much made up for that . We will be back....often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique restaurant in the HighlandsNatiDined on 3/22/2014Unique restaurant in the Highlands area. Service was top notch, as was the food. My only disappointment was the size of the drinks. Martins were served in a smaller glass than is typical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.