Central Avenue Oyster Bar - St Petersburg
249 Central Ave
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Central Avenue Oyster Bar - St Petersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.centralaveoysterbar.com/
- Phone: 7278979728
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00am
Sunday 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chef Arik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment 4 nights a week
A word from Central Avenue Oyster Bar - St Petersburg
For over 8 years, we have served thousands of satisfied guests in St. Petersburg. We are a full service dining experience, with an emphasis on freshness, and clean flavors. As you may imagine, we go to extraordinary lengths to ensure that the supply line for our delicious Local and Boutique Oysters is always flowing. In most cases, the oyster you eat today was still swimming yesterday! Our prices are outstanding, our service is unmatched, our live entertainment 4 nights a week is the best, and we are environmentally friendly. And, we are a locally owned, family-run business.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Avenue Oyster Bar - St Petersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great time and wonderful FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentines evening prior to a show. Waiter was very accommodating meeting our timeframe. Best Fish and Chips dinner.Special Features:
- Great Valentines and BirthdayLovinglifeDined on 2/14/2014Great time with my wife for her Birthday and Valentines Day! We need to visit again.Special Features:
- Oysters greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/13/2014Do not order food outside of the oysters. Disappointment came when menu says west coast oysters available, they had none. Chicken satay smelled like it was past expiration, steak ordered med rare came well done. Lobster tasted as if it was boiled in sugar water, not fresh.
- Downtown findSarasotaRobDined on 1/11/2014Nice place to go when downtown. Away from the crowds on the waterfront. Good food and nice atmosphere with the brick walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013We were there for New Year's Eve dinner. Kind of disappointed that they didn't have regular menu as we were looking forward to trying several of the dishes on their website menu. We just ordered oyster appetizers which were good. Will try again on a mon-holiday time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected...CarolDined on 12/31/2013I booked this table for New Year's eve through Open Table. NYE coincides with my wedding anniversary. So, I was hoping to have a great dinner at my favorite local oyster restaurant with my hubby. at booking, no mention was made of a special menu for the evening, so I was surprised to be handed the NYE menu which was MUCH too limited for my tastes! Our waitress was amazing, though, and she brought us the oyster menu from which we ordered oyster appetizers (absolutely delicious!!) and then went on our way. Had we had more available menu options, we would have almost certainly spent more than their prix fixe menu price on our a la carte orders. There were many open tables, so not sure why they found the need to limit the menu so severely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster DelightNosgudfudDined on 12/26/2013Great raw oysters, but even better service! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishJanskiNJDined on 12/21/2013Adorable waiter, attentive. Good tasty food and nice variety of menu items. Enjoyed our night out with friends and would go back for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown St Pete has an artsysen2007VIPDined on 12/8/2013Downtown St Pete has an artsy culture fest vibe to it -and bordering on the Marina is a really great place to enjoy a quiet Sunday afternoon. We were doing just that-celebrating 80years of the historic Haslam bookstore with cakes on a porch swing for afters at Craftsman Gallery. Oyster Bar is well located on a tree lined city street with a cafe quarter feel to it.. We went in for early dinner and ordered cod -very well prepared, delicious and generously portioned.- the waitress readily accommodated our request for an alternate side of potatoes not quite on the menu. The wood paneled walls were enhanced by gorgeous art work - and made for a beautiful interior. We were also celebrating our 39th anniversary-and this was a fine end to our day.Special Features:
- Bar, yes - restaurant, noLovetoTravelSRQVIPDined on 11/17/2013I wanted to like our lunch but the food just couldn't fit the bill. The bread on my sandwich was clearly stale, there was very few oysters and my Husband had to order just a side dish as his calamari had a strange taste to it so he didn't want to eat it after a few bites. The manager was extremely friendly and waitress attentive but sadly good service does not equate to good food. Great bar atmosphere.
- Great food, wait staff, everythingBrettDined on 11/7/2013Great food, wait staff, everything was absolutely amazing even the owner stopped at our table to Thank us. Thanks for a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- headed in right directionExperienceddinerDined on 11/2/2013Great spot for oysters and drinks, we thoroughly enjoyed those. The staff was purposeful in discussing the oyster varieties offered that day, which was great.. The dishes that followed were mixed. The crab bisque was outstanding, while the fried items were only fair. The oil in which items were fried did not seem like it had been hot enough (leaving food soggy rather than crispy) and had a taste of too infrequently recycled oil. Nonetheless, they are definitely headed in the right direction and we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great St Pete GemOrlandoGuyVIPDined on 9/21/2013In the Central Ave restaurant/club area. Don't let appearances fool you. This place puts out some great food and has good quality service. Can't wait till we return to St Pete, this will be a must visit placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very average,PaisleyVIPDined on 4/25/2013The food was very average, we were disapppointed. Should have been a great seafood place. The waiter was great. Wine selections average.
- Food is not good. Filet cameOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/12/2013Food is not good. Filet came out with a lot of fat. Also came out rare when asked for medium.
- A review without eating...labsr4meVIPDined on 4/12/2013This is a difficult review to write because we never ate anything there. There was a misunderstanding based on what we read on the website about cold water oysters. Their oysters were from the gulf instead. We are picky about our oysters so we decided to try somewhere else. That being said, the waitress went and got a gentleman who came out and explained all about the oysters and why he believed we misread the website. We thought this was great service, and we appreciated his candor and explanation.Special Features:
- Solid main street eatery,billmartDined on 3/24/2013Solid main street eatery, featuring oysters, naturally.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our diningalnbarthelVIPDined on 2/21/2013Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at the Central Ave Oyster Bar. The food was delicious and well presented. Our server was professional, yet thoroughly hospitable and engaging.Special Features:
- Great place. Alive and noisy,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Great place. Alive and noisy, to which our pre-concert group of 9 contributed. The food is very good. Fried oysters were big and cooked just till they floated so they were crisp outside and tender, just done inside. The service was patient and attentive. I'm sure we were difficult to keep up with through 2 late arrivals and subsequent late orders and continual drink requests, but our server soldiered on and never missed a beat. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Oysters were great! Crab andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2012Oysters were great! Crab and corn chowder was a bit heavy but tasty. I really enjoyed this place.Special Features:
- Excellent service for a veryPriscillaDined on 10/5/2012Excellent service for a very busy place. Crab cocktail was excellent. Crab cakes were very good too.Special Features: