Centennial Steakhouse-Zia Park Casino
3901 West Millen Drive
Hobbs, NM 88240Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Centennial Steakhouse-Zia Park Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ziaparkcasino.com/Dining/Steakhouse
- Phone: (575) 492-7090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Mark Cowgill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A beautiful private dining room attached to the steakhouse that is available to rent for any occasion. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Tabitha Baines 5754927036
A word from Centennial Steakhouse-Zia Park Casino
From premium selections of beef to succulent seafood and an extensive wine list, enjoy state-of-the-art preparation and exceptional service. It’s the perfect atmosphere to celebrate a special intimate evening or a group gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Centennial Steakhouse-Zia Park Casino - Best Restaurants in Hobbs ›
Centennial Steakhouse-Zia Park Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerCornhusker51Dined on 11/15/2014food was great, service was wonderful, great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuillermoDined on 10/21/2014made a late reservation (same day), not a problem. Seated at a very nice table and enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Mejor Que NadaPlayersDined on 9/27/2014I like this place, better than upstairs. Although this place could use a little speed on getting your food out, it took over an hour for our on-trays to come out. Good thing I've ordered 2 appetizers in prior. Overall it was fun, a lot better than upstairs. The service is worse up there. Server was okay, food was pretty good, not bad this time. The last time my wife's filet mignon was totally burned. I can't believe the wait person still brought it out to her like that. Nothing like Jack Binion's Steak House at Horseshoe Casino at Bossier City, La. and it's professional staff, but it is Mejor Que Nada..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 432 review432NotSoGreatSteakDined on 9/13/2014I did enjoy the restaurant and the staff were very courteous. The food on the other hand, I ordered a filet asked for it medium well and to butterfly the steak because I didn't want it to be over done. It was over done and I couldn't even chew the steak without gaging. This wasn't the first time my steak wasn't cooked right there please please send your chefs to a class on proper steak cooking course. It would be an investment.Special Features:
- Excellent SteaksteakloverDined on 9/11/2014The food and service was phenomenal. One of the best steaks I've had all year!Special Features:
- Date NightlovestruckDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went for a date night. It was not a special event, but we felt special with the attention that we received. The only reason that I did not give food a 5, is because the filet mignon was not tasting right. But no worries!! The manager made it right by taking it off our ticket and treating us to the most delicious cheesecake! My husband's steak was plenty big for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The baked potato was so cold the cheese would not melt. If you order the filet, medium will still have blood running.Special Features:
- The following 27 reviews are from the Centennial Steakhouse-Zia Park Casino reviews archive.
- Nice date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We always enjoy the Centennial. The food is great, our service is so prompted and pleasant. It is worth the trip every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise FindFrequentDinerDined on 7/8/2014A find while traveling, with not too many highly rated restaurants showing up in our search. This was a pleasant surprise - very good food, nice atmosphere, excellent service. Much better than what we usually find associated with a casino. Would look for this restaurant again if we travel through that area again. Glad to recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant diningMandiGDined on 6/4/2014My dining experience was very enjoyable. The first time I had eaten there since the remodel. The food was excellent, my steak was cooked perfectly (and I'm pretty hard to please in that aspect), the salad and sides were tasty and fresh. I was pleased that both the manager and executive chef stopped by the table to check on me and my guest. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing, foo and in OTLonedinerDined on 5/6/2014First you have to go in the casino entrance and smoke filled room. Not very busy. Lettuce was mixed greens I want sure we're fresh. Server kindly switched me to another type salad. I waited another 20 minutes for Mexican Sea Bass, my bad!! Pesto on top tasted horrible, crusting was over seasoned. I kept telling the server that I wanted low cal low fat, no croutons, etc! Didn't happen! Sea bags was supposed to be seared, it cooked the entire 20 minutes I was waiting! Tough as rubber now was the fish! Asparagus was drowning in oil/butter whatever!! Joe, nice guy, came over and made part of it right, thank you sir!! My bad, it's a steakhouse, take the fish off the menu or learn how to prepare it. Please serve fresh veggies!!!!!
- Steak ReviewGreerDined on 4/12/2014All the food was cooked well, tasted great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will stick to a steak nextOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014will stick to a steak next time, lobster tasted old!I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitresses are very nice accommodataquariusDined on 1/25/2014waitresses are very nice accommodating food is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Habitual8gudDined on 12/31/2013New year's resolution: To go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice celebratory evening outmrskmzDined on 12/14/2013We dined with two other couples at the Centennial Steakhouse on Saturday and had a nice evening. The level of service has improved since out last visit and I was grateful our server offered proper wine service (which was an issue last time). The food was good and was timed very well--allowing us to enjoy our dinner and not feel rushed. One note-- the server added an automatic gratuity for our party of 6, while that isn't unheard of I think she made an error, she probably would have fared better by not adding the auto grat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice upgradeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2013It had been a little more than a year since we dined out in this restaurant. The ambience has improved significantly and also the quality of the food and the presentation thereof is much better. We enjoined dining this time, although it was pretty quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef and spinach soupRabiblancoDined on 9/20/2013The sirloin could have been aged a day or two, but it was a special order. And the beef and spinach soup was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulkmc9911gmc9911Dined on 9/7/2013The service was wonderful and the whole atmosphere was great but the plate I ordered was the blackened chicken Alfredo pasta and the chicken was wonderful but the pasta had no flavor and was to oily. But over all I enjoyed eating at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was woderful. Wish itdfriDined on 8/10/2013Food was woderful. Wish it was open earlier and on Mondays, chef needs a good sous chef .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner with wifeHydroshawnDined on 7/17/2013Had a wonderful dinner! The crab macaroni is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peace in the middle of chaosTexasLady45Dined on 7/6/2013This steakhouse is in the middle of a casino where the noise level outside the restaurant is at an all time high. When we walked into the restaurant, it was like being in a stand alone building, i.e. no noise! Our waitperson was extremely professional, courteous and attentive to our needs. The food was excellent. We each had something different and were pleasantly surprised at the preparation, eye appeal and taste of our dinner. All told, it was a very pleasant experience and will repeat the next time we go to Zia Park in Hobbs, NM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The last night in Hobbs, NMHydroshawnDined on 6/25/2013As I first walked into the casino I was bombarded by a chain smokers delight. But as I maid my way to the restaurant & inside the restaurant I was amazed at how smoke free it seemed. We were greeted by a wonderful young lady with a great smile. Our waitress was very friendly & informative of the area. Note: she would be a super waitress if she knew a honed up on her server skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding atmosphere, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Outstanding atmosphere, great food and high quality service.Special Features:
- Simply Divine!VaughnV3Dined on 3/16/2013The food, wine, & service were all impeccable! What I wrote on my Facebook during our visit, last year: "The Seeker French Pinot Noir was divine, as was the housemade smoked jalapeno soup with bacon wrapped, stuffed, roasted jalapenos. For the main course, grilled chicken stuffed with Hatch green chilies & smoked Gouda. And for desert, the chocolate lava cake with the Pinot Noir... Scrumdillyumptious!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a wonderful find. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Just a wonderful find. The food was GREAT I went twice this week and plan on going again when I go see my son graduate from the college.Special Features:
- We always enjoy the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We always enjoy the steak house. We go there because of the bread and the jalapeño-crab soup. We are dairy people and would love to be served traditional butter and not the whipped. Would make the steak house classier and a notch above all the others who served the cheaper whipped butter. We also missed the red spread you used to serve with the bread and butter. Looking forward to next timeSpecial Features:
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Excellent service and food - comfortable/friedly surroundingsSpecial Features:
- This is my first visit sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013This is my first visit since the change from the Black & Gold. I didn't notice a big menu change, but the atmosphere has really changed for the better. The new tables and booths look very nice with wooden trim. The food was better than average for the Hobbs area. I would say this is the second best place in town if you are looking for a good sit down meal with actual servers that seem to know what they are doing.Special Features:
- We ate there on ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We ate there on Christmas evening and could not have asked for anything nicer. The service was very good, the food was delicious and the overall experience was great. If there was a downside, there was one customer sitting behind me that I could not see, but she did nothing but complain the entire meal. The waitress was very gracious and did her very best to try and accomodate the complainer. SHe did an outstanding job, continues to smile and accomodate us very well.Special Features:
- We were there celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012We were there celebrating a friends Birthday. We had a great evening. I like the new look.Special Features:
- The food was very good. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012The food was very good. My only complaint would be that when you order an entree, you have to order the sides separately. You have to pay seperately for them as well. This is also the case for a dinner salad.Special Features:
- Overall, not very impressed.mrskmzDined on 11/17/2012Overall, not very impressed. Our recent visit to the Centennial Steakhouse was lackluster. The service was below par, and the wine service was the strangest I've ever seen. I ordered a bottle of wine and rather than open it in front of me (as is customary) she opened it somewhere in the back and brought it to the table opened and re-corked. Next she proceeded to pour an entire glass and hand it to me. She didn't give me a taste, didn't give me the cork, just poured a full glass and walked away. She brought a glass for my husband but never filled it, nor did she ever top my glass at any point the rest of the meal. The food was okay, we had to send the mushrooms back because they tasted terrible. I don't plan on returning.
- The steaks weren't great butGeorgeSDined on 11/16/2012The steaks weren't great but decent. The standout was the cream of jalapeño soup. I'd go back just for that. Still not bad for a casino restaurant.Special Features: