1700 Lincoln Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.centannivenice.com/
- Phone: 3103147275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00PM; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00PM - 9:00PM Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marin Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our complete menu available, minimum 8 - 10 people
A word from Centanni
Fine dining Italian cuisine at neighborhood restaurant prices. Casual, with friendly & professional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Centanni reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (18)romantic (9)special occasion (8)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- SolidDispenceDined on 9/13/2014Incredible value for your $. Staff is great. It's not gonna change the world, but really good for what it is...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visit to CentanniEggwomanDined on 9/9/2014Being an out of towner the was good, a bit salty which over pied the flavors of the mushrooms. Service was very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KudosdrsbattenVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Centanni and wanted to try it as a friend lives right around the corner. We were very impressed with the setting, service and the food. The rack of lamb was very good and quite reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a great neighborhood dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, upgrade foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014I went to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday and was disappointed with the food. The meatballs were yummy but the lasagna and eggplant parmesan weren't that enjoyable. The service is excellent and a very clean, comfortable dining room. I loved how the decorated the place. If this place upgrades their menu with better food ingredients, I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Value choiceSteveSVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food is excellent; the service remains a little slow. Where it's located is kind of in no-man's land between Santa Monica and Marina del Rey... but the parking situation is usually favorable.Special Features:
- Love CentanniDJDG45Dined on 8/20/2014Been here several times for lunch and dinner. Excellent food, lovely owners and service. A find on Lincoln Blvd for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyablejonfoshoDined on 8/16/2014went here for a date night, and although our first server seemed to have forgotten about us, another one took over and did an outstanding job. The dishes were very reasonably priced considering how delicious they were. Overall would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent neighborhood cafeLASFDined on 8/9/2014Centanni is consistently good. The service is the best, very friendly neighborhood place. My only complain is the portions are on the small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Luv2eatDined on 7/30/2014It truly is a neighborhood GEM! Parking a little dicey since it is a neighborhood...had to park down the street BUT the food was DELICIOUS! There were 4 of us so we each had something different. Started with special House Bruschetta...amazing..artichoke salad with arugula..great.. The pasta Parpadel...OMG! The Butternut Ravioli.. Again..OMG.. Simple pasta Aioli...again...and Grilled Salmon with broccoli...Devine! The house wine(which I was expecting to be just ok) was GREAT...and we finished it off with the Tiramisu...again..OMG! After writing this I can't wait to go back! I'm glad we parked up the street...we needed the walk !Special Features:
- Great experienceHoagieDined on 7/17/2014We had a group of seven - on our way to a show at Witzend, across the street. They were extremely accommodating and just attentive enough. The food was excellent across the board. And we sampled a lot of "stuff". Perfect experience.Special Features:
- Value!BirthdaydinnerhostDined on 7/16/2014The regular menu offers Italian staples, but Centanni's treatment of them is several notches above "typical." Nighly specials extend the range of cuisine (e.g., porterhouse steak). Our overall experience on a Wednesday evening was delightful. Ambience, decor, attentive-but-not-intrusive service, good portions prepared with panache but not flamboyant, limited-but-attuned selection of beer, wine, and drinks--all of it reasonably priced. The scrolling display on the screen above the bar reveals whimsy, warmth, occasional edginess--a visual dimension that gives cultural and artistic depth to the experience of dining. Quite a package. Yes, we'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PleasureDorseyDonVIPDined on 6/29/2014The best deal in town for expertly conceived and made, home style italian food. It isn't marinara sauce poured over overcooked noodles. It will surprise you with its unexpected sophistication. Very warm owners and a cracker jack staff, add up to a very happy experience. Its a small space and gets full quickly. Although I've been a walk-in, and gotten a table -- I usually make a reservation just in case, because it does do a healthy business.
- What a great find!lilismileDined on 6/15/2014It was our first time at Centanni and we were basing our expectations on the reviews we found on yelp and open table. We were a group of 4 adults and 3 children. The good news is that those reviews were extremely helpful. The food was delicious from the artichoke salad to the tagliatele with beef sauce and even the chicken parm with spaghetti. My husband even had the filet mignon which was a special they had that day and he said it was wonderful (and he's a big carnivore). They had high chairs for the kids. The only thing I would say is that the service was a bit slow that day (for refills, to get our plates). All in all, we would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family and will most definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodloveditDined on 6/7/2014Friendly server. Food was great and portion larger than expected. Great Value. Would definitely go back with a larger group.Special Features:
- Fun for two...greatspotDined on 5/30/2014Liked the food. I had salmon. Too dark, limited parking. Good food, priced ok. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian in Venice, CAOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/28/2014Pleasantly surprised by the high quality, presentation and taste of every dish. If you are looking for the perfect, low-key spot to enjoy some well-prepared vino and pasta (plus much more) then GO here!Special Features:
- A great experienceLiz470VIPDined on 5/23/2014We just had a delicious dinner at Centanni. This was our first time and we will definitely be returning! We started with a brushetta which was absolutely heavenly. I had the pasta special in a light and delightful sauce with two giant prawns on top. My husband had the chicken parmesan which was great and we splurged on the cannelloni for dessert, a perfect sweet ending to a wonderful meal. Our very attentive waiter was Grant who he was very knowledgeable about the entire menu including all the many specials as well as the wine list. Everyone was very friendly and there were many happy patrons enjoying the evening there.Special Features:
- Take a break...pkeenanVIPDined on 5/22/2014Took my two grown kids here the other night. My son got the Ragu, my daughter got the Lasagna. I ordered the special, risotto with lobster (gout buster). All meals were delicious. My only comment is the space itself could use a little makeover but I came for the food and the food is the real deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 160 reviews are from the Centanni reviews archive.
- ddddVIPDined on 5/20/2014Went to Centanni's for lunch a couple of months ago and decided to drive up from the South Bay for dinner....and I was not disappointed! Some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten, and I have eaten Italian food all over the world. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Charming and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2014We hadn't been to Centanni before and chose it partly because it was the only nearby place that seemed to serve a regular menu at 3 p.m. on a Sunday. We weren't disappointed, from the ultra-friendly and attentive service to the delicious sauce on beautifully prepared sauteed sole. A chicken marsala entree was also lovely. Prices are more than fair and there's a small but decent wine list. The room is cozy, and while Centanni isn't enormous there's plenty of space. Strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Excellent FoodJunekidDined on 5/11/2014Went on Mother's Day. It wasn't too crowded at 5:30 but within an hour it was full and energetic with mostly families. The service was attentive throughout. Salmon cooked perfectly... the lemon dressing served alongside was tasty and was also good on the green beans. The lasagna was just as good as the last time. The minestrone was full of veggies. The complimentary tiramisu for mothers was a nice touch. Will keep going back.Special Features:
- no Mother's Day madnessVenezianDined on 5/11/2014This neighborhood gem was the perfect spot for Mother's day, a no hassle with great food and wine experience. They have a terrific $10 lunch time special available every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Grad LunchKatieDined on 5/10/2014We had a wonderful lunch on Saturday to celebrate our daughter's graduation from LMU. Our group of seven started with a range of delicious appetizers including caponata, bruschetta and a bruschetta special with burrata, prosciutto and arugula that was amazing. For our entrees we tried a range of yummy options including the grilled salmon, the paparadelle with shrimp and mushrooms, farfalle with salmon and two gnocchi's -- one with pesto and one sorrentino. Everyone raved about their choices. The cannoli for dessert was fabulous too. The service was excellent as well - personable, knowledgable and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem!AdrienneVIPDined on 4/30/2014I have been here several times and the service is always excellent! The daily specials are great, and I like that there are several different options. I had the house made stuff ravioli and it was not too heavy and the perfect amount of sauce.Special Features:
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2014Based on Open Table reviews we chose this restaurant. Renee, our waitress, was extrememly friendly and informative. Led us to the right choices. Food was great and and very resonably priced. Very home style and a fun place. Lots of energy with people eating, drinking and laughing. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Excellent meal and service!BillSDined on 4/16/2014Eclectre to open table based on it's convenient location in Venice. We went expecting more typical Italian fare. What we found was day expanded their menu and included many unusual dishes. Our party enjoyed all of our dishes. The butternut squash soup was particularly delicious as were the steak raviolis. Would highly recommend this restaurant for it's Eclectic fare. though the noise level was somewhat higher than you would like, it did not interfere with our table of four conversation. One surprising addition was the running display of art and photography on the monitor above the bar rather news or sports; a very nice change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ItaliandryanmillerVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been here a few times. Every time, the food has been excellent. The food is straight up Italian. It is very good and exactly what you want when you think of Italian. This past visit, I was a bit early to meet my part and sat at the bar for a few minutes. I ended up talking with the owners (I did not realize that at the time). They could not have been more friendly and nice and just wonderful people. They really made me like the restaurant even more. Now besides for great food and reasonable prices, you know the owners care and are just great people.Special Features:
- Great foodPackers13Dined on 3/7/2014Second time we have eaten there. We are from wisconsin and this is becoming our favorite Italian spot. Food and staff are awesome.Special Features:
- Love this placebubbaDined on 2/14/2014I brought my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day. The waitstaff was very friendly, the manager checked in on our experience, and the food was delicious. The portions were also very generous, and the prices were all reasonable. My girlfriend was very happy and wanted to know how soon we could come back. My only complaint was that the table next to us was a little too close for comfort. Overall, it was a great date experience. I'll be recommending the place to many friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishSeaJVIPDined on 2/5/2014This place is amazing. Finding Italian food in Los Angeles that is actually tasty is quite difficult - this is one of the only places I'll actually. Pricing is more than reasonable, big portions for food you will wind up dreaming about. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little neighborhoodLASFDined on 1/18/2014Great little neighborhood restaurant. Many local Venice folks frequent. Food is really good, except I ordered , the eggplant parmesan which is excellent. My only complaint is the portion was so small, I could have eaten 3, and this was entrée size. Also there was no side of anything. Love this place, just will not order that dish again, unless the portion changes.
- Surprised and delightedMikeDined on 12/22/2013The ambience was just right. Low lighting but not too dark. The meals did not leave us wanting. The portions are just perfect. We had the special brushetta of the day.. It was delicious. The Italian meats antipasto was a real hit with all of us. Every bit of the chicken marsala was good. The chicken was so tender, you could eat it without a knife and the sauce was really yummy with a generous portion of mashed potatoes. The homemade pastas we had were light and very tasty. The steak filled ravioli was something we hadn't had before and was enjoyable. The cavatelli with sausage ragu had a good ratio of pasta to sauce and had a real homemade quality to it. The only criticism, the wine poured fell short of a typical serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CENT'ANNI - VENICE GEMFrankMDined on 12/12/2013Atmospheric room, excellent service, outstanding food without being pretentious. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Centanni for a lovely, quiet lunchBFL44Dined on 12/8/2013We enjoyed our lunch at Centanni. It was quiet - only two other tables were filled on a Sunday afternoon. The waiter was enjoyable, and the food was fabulous! We were coming from LAX, and it was an easy drive from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!LVeniceDined on 12/7/2013Consistently great specials combined with the warm atmosphere created by the owners and staff make this an easy choice when dining with friends or out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonable pricesoverpricedVIPDined on 12/5/2013The seafood risotto was the best I'd ever eaten! This is great food for very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- A ggod time was had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/23/2013We had a table of five and all of us were thrilled with our appetizers and entrees and the menu is very well priced. Staff well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceQuietVIPDined on 11/15/2013This was our third visit to Centanni. It's located close to the place we stay when traveling to this part of the LA Area. The food is well prepared, the service is excellent but the wine list could use development. The vibe is friendly though it gets noisy when there's a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COZY AND FRIENDLYALANTDined on 11/13/2013THIS NEIGHBORHOOD GEM SERVED GENEROUS REASONABLY PRICED PORTIONS, HAS A FRIENDLY ATTENTIVE STAFF AND A COZY ATMOSPHERE. THE MIX OF HI-TOP TABLES GIVES YOU THE PRIVACY OF DINING. $10 CORKAGE IS NICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet place for Saturday lunchdinerdeliteVIPDined on 11/9/2013We were a group of seven meeting for lunch, and had the place almost to ourselves. Assume it is much busier during the week and also for dinner, as the food was quite good. We all hada variety of pasta and salad dishes and enjoyed them very much. The service was also very good, attentive without being intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.