7815 Royal Street East
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.the-chateaux.com/
- Phone: 4359402200
- Hours of Operation:
Summer 2013 Operations June 4 - October 13, 2013
Wednesday - Sunday
6pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chris Wellmon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options available 435-615-0834
- Private Party Facilities: Private party options available
- Private Party Contact: Group Sales Professionals 435-615-0834
- Special Events: We are open for dinner Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. Call for reservations.
A word from Cena
Cena is a family friendly restaurant serving Italian cuisine nightly. Located in the lobby of the mid-mountain hotel Chateaux Deer Valley. Open for dinner through October 13, 2013. Come enjoy housemade mozzarella, pastas, and oven baked pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cena reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (11)fit for foodies (10)romantic (10)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Ho HumoenomanDined on 8/22/2014Nothing bad; nothing great. Service gets marked down for the time elapsed between serving the first of the entree plates to the sixth.
- Great FoodFoodieluvDined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful evening and the food was terrific. I really enjoy Cena!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Silver Lake Find!Lava24Dined on 8/15/2014The meal started with the bread - two types of crusty tasty sliced loafs served with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. We skipped appetizers except for a Caesar salad (very good) and went straight to entrees. The three ordered at the table were the vegetable lasagne (very good but small portion), the bucatini (a straw like noodle that was ok) and the only red beef dish on the menu (excellent). Our server Nora was very good although we had several of the wait staff come to check on us as the restaurant was fairly empty. The one down slide was getting the check. It took a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The Cena restaurant at The Chateau resort in Deer Valley was a lovely dining experience. The staff was wonderful and the food was even better. We will definitely do the Dine-n-Stay package again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Cena. The service was fantastic and the food was presented elegantly. We certainly will make it a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch! Ok dinner.boxxgurlDined on 7/4/2014My husband got the wild boar bolognese, but he didn't like it (neither did I). The waitress was very nice about it and replaced it with spaghetti and meatballs. I got the chicken parmesan, which was fantastic. The bread was great, and the nutella bombe was very yummy, but it was very rich...too rich to finish. The down side for both of our meals was that the portion was a little small to be in the $20-range. Brunch the next morning was fabulous. Normally scrambled eggs from a buffet are disgusting, but these were fantastic. Bacon was thick and crispy, the fruit was fresh and juicy. Best of all was the service. All the servers commented on our cute kids (always a good move!), and we were served very quickly.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServciebjolleyDined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed the options available and the high level of care in the food presentation. But it was really the taste that will get me to come back time and time again.Special Features:
- holy cannoli cheesecake!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014My husband and I stayed at the Chateaux and got an amazing deal to eat at Cena in return. Because of the amazing deal we figures that the food would be okay, but fortunately, each course was rich and scrumptious. The drinks were top notch! While each course exceeded our expectations, three days later, I am still thinking about the cannoli cheesecake. Do not miss this dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeandy1Dined on 6/13/2014Great service and food was very good. Would go back. The Nutella bomb dessert was the bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great on property find!UnlessItsNotDined on 5/30/2014This is a great on property eatery! In the off-season the pace is easy and wonderful. Our wait person Nora was wonderful and informative. We not only sampled good selections from the dinner menu (the battered clams with spicy yellow tomato sauce was exceptional) we also returned for two breakfasts. Excellent every time. I don't recall when we've had better service or such a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Cena reviews archive.
- Good Deer Valley optionMrsKShellVIPDined on 3/15/2014We decided to try Cena a The Chateaux since it was a walk from our vacation home. We found it to be a good Italian restaurant with friendly service beginning at the hostess stand. Chef Wellmon takes a creative approach to some traditional Italian dishes that were tasty and fairly priced. The wine list is also well priced. Try it out for a casual dinner with family or friends.
- Lucky findDenaliDined on 3/11/2014We were visiting Park City and failed to make dinner reservations. After looking for anything around 7 pm I stumbled on Cena. Never heard of it, only knew it was Italian. Our party of 6 had a fantastic time. The Ceasar salad was just right, and the veal was excellent. The wine list was mostly Italian but one of our favorites, Camus, was on the list. The tiramisu was a nice finish to a wonderful evening. Overall, a most excellent evening. What a lucky find.Special Features:
- Great serviceBigred37Dined on 3/5/2014Although our entrees were not the greatest (baked rigatoni and root veggies and spaghetti and meatballs) the pizza and dessert, plus bread service were awesome. The server, although very busy, was attentive to our needs, very understanding and quick to grant any of our requests. The manager was a little overbearing in his desire to please us, but that isn't a bad thing necessarily. We would try to eat here again on another trip and just order different entrees. It was a very enjoyable dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, attentive serviceBmoreskiDined on 2/26/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Cena after a day of skiing. The location was great for us as we were staying in the Silver Lake village area. The food was delicious, from the bread with garlic to start, delicious homemade pasta and through to the best pistachio gelato I've ever had. The service was attentive and friendly. I also enjoyed the option of a 1/2 bottle of wine. If you can plan ahead and save room for dessert, I highly recommend doing so. The desserts we had were outstanding and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a superb dinnerHellyGDined on 2/11/2014I can't believe another reviewer compared Cena to the Olive Garden! We enjoyed an outstanding meal, which was close to any fine dining we've enjoyed in Italia. The lamb and smoked salmon appetizers were delicious; kids' spaghetti cooked perfectly with nice authentic tomato sauce; cheese pizza perfectly Napoletana style with thin crust, as it should be. My fish stew surprisingly fresh and flavorful. I requested less chili flake, came out just right. Husband's veal scaloppine was lovely as well, and his pasta also was cooked perfectly. All food came out hot as I would expect. Good wine selection. The authentic Italian desserts - tiramisu, chocolate "cheese" (ricotta) cake, vanilla gelato, and nut crostata were divine! Be sure to save room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependable for veryJimboVIPDined on 2/2/2014Always dependable for very good food and eager to please but not overbearing service. Prices are reasonable for the Deer Valley/Park City area.Special Features:
- Mixed bagCreategoodDined on 1/31/2014The greeting was very friendly and the staff overall was very cordial. The meal started great with a delicious pizza first course. All the entrees, however were served lukewarm. The flavors were bland and the pasta was not al dente, but tough. The location and ambience was nice, but the food disappointing. May try this restaurant again, maybe it was an off night.Special Features:
- A lovely restaurant in Silver LakeZebra3719VIPDined on 1/21/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Cena and were very surprised to find the restaurant so empty. At first, we were a bit put off, but it turned out to be a lovely evening with good food and great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of many options in Park CityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/17/2014Would probably try a few other places next time, but the food and service here were good.Special Features:
- workable ItalianJackVIPDined on 1/14/2014Cena is in a pretty spot in Deer Valley and looks inviting, The staff are welcoming and knowledgeable and service excellent. Our appetizers were very good, especially a small artichoke and gruyere pizza. Unfortunately, the next course, pastas, was lacklusterr. The pasta itself was clearly from a box and the preparations were lacking in taste or in one case so overly infused with hot red paper as to render it nearly uneatable. We did not venture to a third course.
- Excellent ServicefinefoodieDined on 1/1/2014Wonderful food and the service was impeccable despite the busy holiday. We were seated promptly and treated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chain restaurant qualitymarycatfoodVIPDined on 12/29/2013Food no better than an Olive Garden. Minimal wine list to be found in grocery store isle. Cannot recommend except to feed large group of kids.Special Features:
- wanted to love it but didntkanbomotoDined on 12/24/2013i guess christmas eve is a tough night to judge a restaurant bc you are probably dealing with the B or C team in terms of kitchen and wait staff. service was clumsy, forgetful, and slow which then affected the quality of the food (server forgot to put in my salad order then insisted on getting it so that meant our entrées sat). bread was great but it comes from an outside vendor. they didnt read the note on my reservation about my daughter's nut allergy. took 10 minutes to get coffee after dinner and then another 10 minutes to get tiramisu and semifreddo. ambience is mediocre. weird garage entrance to the hotel. the food at Cena was nice but our dinner was night and day when compared with our fabulous dining experiences at J&G and Apex.Special Features:
- Reviews were right onKennethDined on 12/13/2013this restaurant was ranked #3 in Trip Advisor list for Park City So we tried it. Beautiful (although empty) dining room. Great food. Excellent service. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Definately 'likely to return'BourneDined on 9/13/2013In one word... beautiful. Beautiful scene, beautiful food, beautiful service. The New York steak was the best I've ever had. Excellent selections for all taste buds. Very warm and homey feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet Friday nightblessmysoulDined on 8/30/2013Took advantage of the off season at The Chateaux (mostly a ski resort). Hubby and I dined outside on Labor Day Weekend, the weather was pleasantly cool compared with city temps. The restaurant was quiet and relaxing, just what was needed by us. Food and service was great - ate way too much and enjoyed every minute of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!browniesDined on 8/8/2013Everything was really nice. The serving portions were small, but that is to be expected at a fine dining establishment. Great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, just ok fookdiningduoDined on 8/2/2013When we arrived the staff was very friendly. Our server made reccomendations and seemed to have good knowledge of the menu. We ordered the house made mozzarella and pancetta appetizer at the suggestion of the server, it was excellent. For our entrees we ordered the Chicken Premesean and the Chicken and artichoke pasta. The chicken itself on the parmesean entree was good, however the polenta that it was served over was mush and the vegetables on the side were overcooked as well. The chicken on the pasta dish tasted like it had been in the fridge for days dried out and poor presentation.I removed the chicken completly from my entree and shared the chicken from my husbands parmesean dish. I wish the main entrees were as memorable as the view.Special Features:
- A bit off the markOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2013Our experience didn't live up to the reputation we saw in reviews. The view was great and the dining room is very nice. Service was very friendly, but slow and not especially attentive. My dish was good, but my wife's was served cold in the middle and had to go back. She got to watch me eat and vice versa. We noticed the table next to use had to send their food back for a different reason. Overall not bad, but I guess we were expecting more. It seems some details need to be sorted to be great.Special Features:
- Food and service were good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013Food and service were good. However, the fried clams came without the dipping sauce and we did not know it until we had finished a very poor dish without it. When mentioned it, they still included it on the bill until we complained. It made a nice experience a hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service in a warmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2013Friendly service in a warm wood restaurant. Service was fast. Great bread.nice assortment for all ages on menu.Special Features:
- ingredients were great, menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2013ingredients were great, menu was perfect for my family, best four cheese pizza we've ever had. prices were good for the area.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2013The food was wonderful, however the service left a little bit to be desired.Special Features:
- We had a great meal and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013We had a great meal and were happy to get away from the Park City crowds. Wanted a light meal & were very pleased with the salads and individual pizzas but the dinners looks great. Waiter was very good. Will definately go back!Special Features:
- Disappointed by the lack ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/16/2013Disappointed by the lack of Italian specialties for an Italian restaurant.
- I went back to Cena, afterMmmmVIPDined on 12/19/2012I went back to Cena, after not going for a couple of trips, and I was pleasantly surprised. They have a great chef and staff now . I will now have it on my must list! The pork shank and beet salad --the best.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceHungryLindaVIPDined on 8/23/2012A wonderful experience. Terrific pizza as well as main courses. Chef is very accommodating, as we asked to make alterations to some sauces. Portion sizes were large, especially the chicken Parmesan. Service was especially good. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely Dining at Reasonable PricesencinocarolDined on 1/25/2012Cena offers a variety of excellent Italian and Continental dishes. While the menu isn't huge, there are always a few specials and enough to choose from that even eating there two nights in a row, we had totally different dinners each night. The service is excellent, the preparation is innovative and well-executed, the room is quiet, and the overall ambiance lends a peaceful and romantic spot to have a delicious dinner. Prices are reasonable and the value is a definite plus.Special Features:
- Not terribly impressed withMCC7VIPDined on 1/24/2012Not terribly impressed with the food. Calamari appetizer - salty; lasagna entree very ordinary.
- Good evening. Good food. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2011Good evening. Good food. Service was slow though. This is a good, mid range, stylish place.